• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Anyone wanna smash tomorrow night? Or is FanX too much? 8B

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
This can be found on the tournament page: http://smashboards.com/threads/apr-26-2014-neumont-smash-jam-salt-lake-city-ut.352914/

Other info:
Parking:
There is parking on regent street behind the school.
2 blocks away is a post office and that has parking. It is on 200 s and 200 w.
City Creek Mall (probably the best option).
400 s and Main I heard has a pretty cheap open air parking lot.

IF YOU HAVE A SET UP READ THIS:
There is free 30min parking in front of the school so you can park there drop off your stuff and go find parking some where else.

Entrance:
The room that we will be using is very easy to find. When you get to the building enter the door on the right side of the building, there will be a door immediately to your left that leads to the commons. This is where the tournament will be held.

Food:
There will be some time set a part for lunch. So bring your own food or buy some.
We may or may not be doing this but when you arrive you may receive a ticket and you will be able to use that ticket to get a free slice of pizza and a drink. This is to serve as a snack so it is recommended to plan some sort of way to get food.
We're right in the middle of downtown on a Saturday... Finding food should not be a problem as we're surrounded by restaurants and City Creek mall is half a black away.

Remioli

Smash Journeyman
I'll biggitty be there. Who wants to walk to cheers to you or beer hive and get our drank on before, during, or after?

By the way I got a new controller. Y'all screwed.

Tane

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2122-6733-6416
W0rri0, just a heads up: gurus is a word by itself. An apostrophe does not make guru (or almost any other word for that matter) plural.

Not trying to be a ****, it's just a pet peeve of mine. :D

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
W0rri0, just a heads up: gurus is a word by itself. An apostrophe does not make guru (or almost any other word for that matter) plural.

True grammar nazis know its-vs-it's, when to use 'whom', and whether "guess what" is a question. ;)

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace

Ya I noticed it but i'm too lazy too fix it

broliftic

Smash Cadet
I know it was a few pages back but I love the gym leader and amateur bracket ideas, it'd be a good way at least for me to try and get into the scene more.

Don't let it die!

Last edited:

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Working on how to implement such. Won't have much until about the end of next week though. Busy as hell until then

Tuesday

Smash Ace
Guys I'm on an air-o-plane. I asked the attendant when I walked on, and she's pretty sure it has brakes. =D

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
Did you actually ask her that or are you just making a joke?

Also... if anyone wants to hang out with Remi and I.... we're gonna be chilling at neumont and playing some smash at around 5:30ish

Last edited:

Mr. Fox

AKA Shiro
NNID
ShiroTagachi
Let's have I See be the Gym Leader of FD. That'll be a great way to introduce newer players to the competitive scene quickly.

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
Actually it's going to be melee.... pm is not available right now.... also net... I'll be sending you my number so text me when you get here because I need to let you into the building

Tane

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2122-6733-6416
True grammar nazis know its-vs-it's, when to use 'whom', and whether "guess what" is a question. ;)
I'm not sure what you're implying with this...but I'm not a perfect grammar nazi. I actually have a hard time with "whom" and such. However, its vs it's is really simple. :)

socandrewcer

Smash Lord
NNID
socandrewcer
3DS FC
1220-8504-8308
Hey @ Superw0rri0 Superw0rri0 , do you have a smash club at Nuemont? I'm starting one at the LDSBC which is really close. If you already have a set evenings when you guys meet, we can combine our clubs because I doubt I'll have a ton of people right away. If you don't have a set time already I think Tuesday nights would be awesome

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
We don't have an official club but we have a decent group of people that play smash.... We're just a bunch of casual playerrs playing FFAs and then there's me who is the only competitive player but there is one guy who is on my level.

adlp

Crewnaria
NNID
adlpsfko
Switch FC
SW 2193-3260-2448
yo worrio if youre gonna have Brawl scheduled last could we try that experimental ruleset of 1 stock 3 minutes best of 5?

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Shouldn't Devon be your hero, since he won you the split for 1st place in Brawl? XD
But I guess I did represent Sheik, our main in each respective game. (On a related but not related note: do you like cheesecake?)
You're both my heroes because you guys beat Aguilars<3

And no cheesecake is gross PC plz

Last edited:
Top Bottom