• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
What post has the details on this April 12 event? And does anyone wanna smash in the evenings?
You haven't been active in ages! The Melee scene has blown up here recently (getting 37 entries [might have been 39] at the last tournament), so you should totally come back.

And people really need to preregister for Salt Fest. With the numbers we got at the last tournament, we can totally get a lot more OoS interest if people here would commit to coming.

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
hehe, maybe some other time. i already have some friends coming to my place tonight.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Yea Buzz, Apex happened and then tons of Melee scrubs just came popping out the woodworks it was pretty crazy

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
Ya like me.
Lol.... this ice climber scrub comes out of no where thinking he's good... says he's going to destroy us in this one tourney a few a weeks back... and he gets wrecked by some luigi player... lol... IC scrub using wobbling cus he suckz lmaoooooo

Last edited:

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Lol.... this ice climber scrub comes out of no where thinking he's good... says he's going to destroy us in this one tourney a few a weeks back... and he gets wrecked by some luigi player... lol... IC scrub using wobbling cus he suckz lmaoooooo
get better

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
i actually started following the scene more seriously last year when the whole fundraise to get smash into evo/oh no, nintendo won't allow smash streams fiasco happened. i only started to play again when my roommate was able to get his wii from home out here. and then started my downward spiral into the rabbit hole that is smash ;-).

Pumpinz

Smash Journeyman
You haven't been active in ages! The Melee scene has blown up here recently (getting 37 entries [might have been 39] at the last tournament), so you should totally come back.

And people really need to preregister for Salt Fest. With the numbers we got at the last tournament, we can totally get a lot more OoS interest if people here would commit to coming.
is there a thread for salt fest yet?

adlp

Crewnaria
NNID
adlpsfko
Switch FC
SW 2193-3260-2448
i got interested after evo last year i was playing SSF4AE at the time so i was barely getting into the FGC side of esports then boom here i am

also i think im going alone to FanX on the 12th :/

Tuesday

Smash Ace
I'll go, but I didn't register. Probably will just help out with the tournament, hang out, maybe play some friendlies. I didn't have money before when it was time to register, but now I do (thanks Obama).

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
There will be on-site registration if you are interested. Same price as it was currently, just won't get a badge with your gamer tag on it or anything.

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
So if I just wanted to come and hangout... not enter the tourney or anything... would that cost me?

Last edited:

ZerosUT

Smash Cadet
FanX is too expensive for me.... I usually only place barely top 10, so it's not likely that I'll ever see that money return to me. If it's free to come watch I'll probably swing by and watch the matches though :D

-Mars-

Smash Hero
FanX is too expensive for me.... I usually only place barely top 10, so it's not likely that I'll ever see that money return to me. If it's free to come watch I'll probably swing by and watch the matches though :D
They're paying out top 8 and there will be a million scrubs there....but yea I feel you.

ZerosUT

Smash Cadet
I got off my ass and checked myself lol

Let's see.. if 100 people participate (taking into account that the venue fee is not included in the payout, also 100 people is unlikely, but possible), you're taking home 22 bucks or something like that. It doesn't take care of your entry fee, which kinda sucks. However, if only 70 people come and you place 6th, your payout will be more than the venue and entry fee combined, which is good. I'll debate entering, I suppose. If Utah County is coming down, that severely decreases my chances of placing top 6, though :(

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Anyone wanna practice tonight? Tomorrow night? I live in West Jordan.

Top Bottom