• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
CREA when you post vids do you look for the ones you do good in or other people do good in or the ones that are the most interesting cuz i was looking at you vids and it seem like you tend to pick vids to upload that have someone you don't see alot doing good rather than yourself.

Cdbobo

Smash Journeyman
Yaz, ken, mcfly, casture, C!Z, laoz, crea, tj, dai-a, xtinction, staz; still waiting on your answer!
To smash, or not to smash? That is the question. (also, when :lol:)
And actually, thursday I'll only be busy from 11:00-12:00, so that should be okay. Will Thursday work for you guys? that's tjrook's best day, so I'm trying to get him in..

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
There's always a tournament every Thursday at the Draper Play n Trade game store. And half of the people you mentioned comes regularly to that tourny. The tourny takes place at around 5:30-6:30. A smashfest on Thursdays would be cut short, so it's best to do that on another day.

Cdbobo

Smash Journeyman
Wait. but... tournaments. Are those good for you now?? that would be sweet.

Also, PC, I was aware of the PnT tournaments, but I only thought C!Z, phil, and junpei regularly went to those... I'm not that interested in throwing a huge smashfest, just 5-6 people or so. And I forgot to mention Tsuteto. Sorry man. You're included now :).
If I were indeed to do it two days hence, Thursday (any time after 12:00pm.... so much more flexibility, actually) who would be able to/want to come?

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Here is a list of the people that are on SmashBoards that I know come to the PnT tournies: CREA, C!Z, Dai-A, Fallen Prophet/billythegoat, laozy (used to, anyway), Perfect Chaos, slave1, Staz, S@G3, and Xtinction.

Cdbobo

Smash Journeyman
Oh yeah, I had forgotten that the springvilleians went. Thanks PC :).
However, we could prolly do it early afternoon, as I'm available as soon as I'm done with my dentistry (starting at 11:00).

Junpappy

Smash Lord
CREA when you post vids do you look for the ones you do good in or other people do good in or the ones that are the most interesting cuz i was looking at you vids and it seem like you tend to pick vids to upload that have someone you don't see alot doing good rather than yourself.
I don't really think too much about which videos I upload. If it's entertaining, I'll upload it.

C!Z

Smash Lord
That dam dirty J@p(lol it censors that) only uploads the ones he does good in lol He's a puto, he still hasn't uploaded my amazing fourstock against his budget a$$ Falco haha jk Junbear joo know i luh you

Junpappy

Smash Lord
You's a $lut ciz. If you four stock me, its only because I got sick of your **** texting in the middle of the match and decided to put my controller down and go play warcraft

Cdbobo

Smash Journeyman
yeah but you were playing cpt. falcon for some reason O.o.

Also, Dai-A, the whole point of a thursday fest is to be small, actually, so go to your PnT ;).
Kenneth, Yaz, and Mcfly, I'm still waitin' on your thoughts....

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
I haven't smashed a good smash for almost a month now. I can't even remember the last time I 1v1'd Devin. :(

C!Z

Smash Lord
I'm sorry Junbear, I don't know if you know this but I'm what they call an important person ;) You should be thanking your lucky stars you get as much time with me as you do!

McFly

Smash Cadet
Bobo, this week is way busy, until Saturday. Sometime in the afternoon this Saturday I am thinkin smash sounds awesome. I'm workin on Kenny and Yaz.. but they decided to retire, so I don't even have any smash buddies anymore. More fests more often = happy me . Is sat good? around 2 or 3?

McFly

Smash Cadet
Apparently they decided to give up competitive play until Brawl comes out. I'm guessing they won't be able to stay away for long, but right now I think that is what they plan.

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
So with the december tournament that you guys are having instead of going to New Mexico's tournament are you getting CO and AZ to go also?

If you guys get AZ to go you should try to get Trevyn to go.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Yeah...I told them once already that BattleChrist LIVES IN IDAHO, but they don't listen...

Edit: LOL I just noticed that SoP9 is also called "Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny 3" when the second one never took place...

billythegoat

Smash Journeyman
Phil with the 4 corners thing being on December 1st I won't be able to go down there with you. Sorry, but that should give you some extra room in your car.

johnnylaw505

Smash Journeyman
Are you guys coming the day of the tourney? or the night before? Because the Farmington Crew "THE SMASH POTATOES!" might be holding a social gathering the night before to smash. Just suggesting....

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Why does it have to be New Mexico?

Why can't St. George host it? I mean, it's seriously... on the opposite corner of the 4 corners.

Gojira

Smash Lord
Why does it have to be New Mexico?

Why can't St. George host it? I mean, it's seriously... on the opposite corner of the 4 corners.
(No offense new Mexico)

Even if I could go I wouldn't. The overall experience of the first tourney was horrendous. Multiple reasons why; It started way late, the bracket system you guys used was like wtf-ing hell, when we got there we found out we would be kicked out by 4 or something like that whether the tourney was done or not, and one of my fellow Utah smashers had to change the time limit to 3 ****ing minutes because the host could not move the tourney fast enough. On top of all that the hosts were *******s to us. I almost got DQ'd because i played my next match but I only found out that you guys where going down a list and having winners progress down the list. When i asked him, "this isn't double elimination?" he said "whats double elimination?" Ryan, why are you seriously even thinking of going back?

Now I'm sure you have learned from that and maybe many other bad tourneys, but its too far to risk this happening again. Xysven is right, why cant we hold it in Utah closest to the 4 corners? It will be closer for CO and AZ. You may be thinking, its not close for us, well you owe us one for us coming out and having bad experience.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
If you went out and had a bad experience, that's not of concern to relocate the hosting closer to us. That's like me saying I had a bad experience over at a tourney by FTS, so we should hold one down in Orem because it's closer for me.

Changes probably have been made. If not, then so be it, that's how things work there. You either deal with it, or you don't. Simple as that. The only thing that I can really say is that all the people on staff need to know what the rules are, and what the guidelines are. There should be an equal view as to what is right and what is wrong, and before making a final decision, get not only a second opinion, but a third as well.

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
You forgot to mention that I had to eliminate our driver in the first round. NM is hosting it because it's NM's tournament. That doesn't mean we have to care or go at all. I know I definitely won't want to do that again while NM has never been up here for a tournament. There is no center of the four corners states. NM is too far for UT to try again without some big motivation.

(Apparently Xsyven fails at sarcasm :p)

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
CO is hosting though >_> its the Durango peeps which is like Southwest Colorado but I guess they decided to put it in New Mexico or something since Farmington is like pretty close to Durango or something. Anyways, these guys went to our C3 so I'm sure they know how to do this. If not, we will take over and make things right to satisfy everyone. So don't judge these tournaments like its immediately going to suck. Put away those pessimism and take out your optimism! Don't worry, we're über good at tournament hosting since we got the experience. Judging from previous posts, FTS and Gojira looks like they won't be going? You guys should really change your minds. We will make things right and equally enjoyable for everyone.

~S@G3~

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
SAGE#234
staz, david, chris, kevin you guys should come up to my house this weekend before the sop8 on friday to smash. That would be cool since we have come to your house like 3 times now. If you can get back to me soon.

Top Bottom