• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

laozy

Smash Journeyman
hahahaha me and phil are UNSTOPPABLE on dreamland.. we'll challenge anyone, anytime on that level haha. BRING IT!! The Samus+Peach combination is unbeatable :).. unless we let you win haha
seriously...we feel sorry for people and we let them win..thats how nice we are.

speaking of teams...next pnt is going to be teams!!! bring your A game because khom and i havent lost a tournament.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
hahahaha me and phil are UNSTOPPABLE on dreamland.. we'll challenge anyone, anytime on that level haha. BRING IT!! The Samus+Peach combination is unbeatable :).. unless we let you win haha
It's teams like that that make me want to kill myself as an IC main.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Its teams like that that make Jigglypuffs natural habitat, the edge, such a nice place to live.

XSYVEN SAYS: DEVIN'S ********. Or maybe I'm ******** for never logging out at his house...

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
Info for SoP6 vids are now posted in the tournament thread.

Date for SoP7 is for sure Oct 20th now. If that weekend is a problem for you, you should have said something already.

Anyone want to add a low tier tourney to SoP 7? Singles and Teams would still be for sure. There would be no time for a crew battle, though.

Cdbobo

Smash Journeyman
If only Ganondorf was low tier... I would have so much fun ;). I suppose I could bust out my YL again, and take 5th or so... Low tier tournies are always fun though, because you get to play a lot of fun characters you don't usually get to (Roy, most notably). So yeah, I vote for a low tier tournament.
Who all wants to come to another smash fest next wednesday..? We could probably do it in the park again (let me check the weather forecast, actually) but as for an alternate location, does anyone have any ideas..?

Cdbobo

Smash Journeyman
It won't let me edit. Weather forecasts:

Wed Oct 3 Sunny 71° High/43° Low 10% chance of precipitation
Compare that to last time:
wed sept 26 Partly Cloudy 69º High/36º Low (no rain)
so.. it should actually be even warmer than last time, and it wasn't really all That bad.. bring a hoodie/jacket for sure though..

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Oct 20th + Low Tier = omg perfect.

Low tier tournaments, everyone can participate in. And when it comes to crew battles, it just takes one person to ****/suck to turn a fun experience into a borning one.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
Low tier tournament huh?.....sounds like more reason for a certain oos low tier main to come (hint hint Buzz)

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
So, I'm guessing there's not going to be a big Smashfest tomorrow (i.e. 4+ people w/ 2+ TVs), unless someone can prove me wrong......seriously, please prove me wrong.
And about adding a low-tier tourny to the next tourny: if we get a turnout as big (or nearly that) as SoP6, then I don't think we'll have time for all three.

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
If Zack decides to come down here tomorrow, then we will have a smashfest around that size at least. Otherwise, I might not bother with a smashfest.

Also, Utah thread first post and the SoP tournament thread first post are both updated!
(links in my sig)

C!Z

Smash Lord
Obviously Phil and Yaz don't remember playin me n honey bear(aka Junpei hahahaha) cuz we put the hurt on your little dreamland rush. I do recall you guys askin for a rematches a few times after we decided to use real characters. Anyways so a smashfest today eh, I just might have to clear me schedule

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
How late will this smashfest be going till? I won't be able to get down there till five or so if I do go so i'm not sure if it will be worth it.

Cdbobo

Smash Journeyman
Oh c'mon buzz... low tier tourney... Oct. 20th... eh? eh??

Oo and a quote, taken out of context hardcore.. thinking about sigging it... "Cdbobo should be ranked above Xsyven because, in this third video, he lands three fairs and then dsmashes him to death." -Xsyven :lol:

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
No promises. I do want to attend, but I have been making too many trips to Utah as of late. I was there for a week before school started. I went down last week to see my sister's baby. I will be down this upcoming weekend for a mission reunion (I went to South Korea) and to see General Conference with my family. Going again would be borderline. :(

Cdbobo

Smash Journeyman
So, tomorrow is the big day; The make Bobo forget about wisdom teeth smash fest!

As usual, I can provide two tv's and cubes... but I've failed to gather promises of attendance. Who all thinks they can come? Updated weather posts to come.... it's looking to be quite nice :).

Mostly sunny
3pm 71º
4pm 72º
5pm 72º
6pm 70º
7pm 68º
8pm 65º
9pm 62º
10pm 60º
11pm 57º
12am 54º

Oh and RA; unless you're referring to some "sacred horse"... Ayumi Hamasaki? What? And how do you change your name anyway... I want to capitalize the B :psycho:

Cdbobo

Smash Journeyman
Sounds fine. Also, I plan on leaving at a much more reasonable time, this time so.. no more 1:30AM for us Casture!! Mainly 'cuz I need to rest up for ze dentistry tomorrow....

Junpappy

Smash Lord
I KNEW IT!!! Your B IS supposed to be capitalized (stupid PC :laugh:)

It is of course the latter, being Ayumi Hamasaki, and you have to become a premium member to have your name changed.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
CREA said:
I KNEW IT!!! Your B IS supposed to be capitalized (stupid PC :laugh:)
Eh...I guess that's his preference. But I guess that's his fault for not capitalize the "B" when he registered; and paying for the change of one capitalization isn't really worth it. Maybe he can try to convince an Administrator to change it for him, without a Premium Account, since it's only a minor change.......just, maybe...

And about your sig, CdBobo: Did Xsyven really say that, or did you just make that up to make you look superior? LOL

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Some guy in sugarpoultry's sig shop was totally jealous of his sig, and asked if he could have the exact same thing-- but with his name on it.

I had to protect his signature, and made it sound personal. So yeah, I said that. :p

Cdbobo

Smash Journeyman
...And played right into my trap. Yes, I AM WFL! You just got mindgamed, hard core!!

Oh and I meant Cdbobo when I signed up... but tourney-ing has since changed my preference to capitalize the B, and it makes more sense when you think about it too.
Oh and no... I'm not WFL. But dude.. think if I was? Best mindgame ever....

Cdbobo

Smash Journeyman
Bobo, actually. :srzly:
4:30, casture? I was thinking even earlier, perhaps, mainly at the behest of FtS. We can start as early as 3:30, really, as I could be there with equipment by that time... just not quite set up.

Anyone else coming to the park on what looks to be a very warm, sunny day to play smash :lol: ? I guess if it's just me and Casture we can surpass all of ya'll....

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Anyone else coming to the park on what looks to be a very warm, sunny day to play smash :lol: ? I guess if it's just me and Casture we can surpass all of ya'll....
It's in the 80's here, and I'm freezing my butt off. You LIE!

Cdbobo

Smash Journeyman
It's in the 80's here, and I'm freezing my butt off. You LIE!
80's and you're freezing? Jeez. 60º is what we keep our house above in the winter... I don't know what you would do :p. Still, 74º and in the sunlight is pretty warm... and it's the warmest it's been for more than a week, here... so, yeah. Very warm!! :)

Top Bottom