• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Cdbobo

Smash Journeyman
Mainly because most of the attendees are down here.. also, we have a park (woot) and we drive up there for tournaments so.. yeah. Your turn! Do you think you might come, PC?

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
You know, before Devin and I worked at SkyWest we drove four hours just to grace you with our presence.

You lazy northerners have no motivation for smash. :(

Cdbobo

Smash Journeyman
But the Play 'n' Trade tourny is on Thursday, isn't it, while mine is tomorrow....
Poor poor Xsyven, betortured within the flames.... I mean, so far south. In the desert. Flames. you know. I do too have motivation for smash! I practiced my SHBAWD for like two hours yesterday against my nephew... pshah!

Cdbobo

Smash Journeyman
Arrrgh!! I didn't try and kill him or anything.. I spent most of the time hitting him back onto the stage! Besides, he had fun so... yeah! He's three, give him (and me) a break you Aging Raisin!!

laozy

Smash Journeyman
cool bobo...we'll smash until everyone falls asleep and then i'll show u my special training technique ;) i'll probably stay there until 5am if thats ok.

C!Z

Smash Lord
Lol whoa Phil... I don't wanna know what you n Bobo plan on doin after the lights go out... Special technique eh?

Cdbobo

Smash Journeyman
I don't know about 5:00 Phil.. I've got work at 7:00 ^o). 1:00 is going to have to be a hard cap for me... 6 hour minimum of sleep, ya know? I'll keep updating the post (2112) with people and things...[click my signature image to be taken there directly] I need to know what equipment everyone can bring. As stated, I can bring two tv's and 3 cubes... which would be leaving at 1:00, obviously. What else can you guys bring? It would probably be easier for Ken/yaz/casture to bring stuff since we live nearby, but, w/e. Cubes are pretty small..

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
I've got a TV you guys could borrow, but you'd have to swing by my place to pick it up, cuz I've got work at four. Other than that, I get off at ten, so if you could drop it BACK at my house between then and eleven, that'd be nice ^^

Casture

Smash Apprentice
I'll ask my roommate for his TV again. We'll see. Also, I'm going to bring two blankets for the sun. Do you think that would work? If you anybody needs to get a hold of me before tonight, please text/call me. I won't be on the boards until tomorrow morning.

PS. OMG, The Office season premier is tomorrow. AAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

laozy

Smash Journeyman
cool bobo...we'll smash until everyone falls asleep and then i'll show u my special training technique ;) i'll probably stay there until 5am if thats ok.
lol that didnt sound good did it? :laugh: okok we'll stay there until 1am max...maybe earlier.

and heath...my plan date **** on ciz failed many times. its like hes immune to it :laugh:
next victim....JUNPEI!!!

Cdbobo

Smash Journeyman
Blankets for sun = win. Also, I had forgotten to mention, it's a [huge] park, so you could probably sleep there and not get in trouble... yeah.
I'll bring some blankets too... stupid sun!
And umm, I guess since today is the day, it'll just be at Nielsen's grove park in Provo, at 4:30...

laozy

Smash Journeyman
i have no idea where neilson grove park is located, so it would be nice to post an address or directions. i bet it gets cold when it's sun down so blanket is a perfect chaos idea. should i stop by a store to pick up a bug zapper or did u guys already took care of that? see yall there

Cdbobo

Smash Journeyman
Dude, you should totally pick up a bug zapper. I'll even pay you back like half of it if it's mildly expensive... stupid mosquitos must die.
The address is 2000 south 300 west in Orem. Since you're coming the same way I am, the quickest way is to take exit 269 onto univeristy parkway and then take a right at main street. One more right on 2000 South and it'll be on the right, you can't miss it. Updated my siggy-linked post with this info too..

Thanks to Tsuteto for informing me that construction is still in the way for the alternate directions; removed for clarity's sake.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Hopefully it's not cold. Last night it was so cold i could barely feel my fingers. And that's not too good if you're playing video games, or so I've heard. I'm going to look through my closet for some hand warmers:)

YazYaz

Smash Apprentice
wow that smash fest was da bomb.. it was all fun till ciz and junpei took off into the dark by themselves.. wonder what they were up to hahaha ;)

Junpappy

Smash Lord
What a fun smashfest. Crew battles were pretty good too.

Orem has way too much money to piss away if they can build parks like Nielson's Grove or whatever it's called.

Cdbobo

Smash Journeyman
@FtS I know I couldn't go much earlier because I had work until a little after 3:00. Was the main problem rush hour traffic..? I guess what I'm really asking is, how much earlier should it have started in your opinion :).

And yes, fun smash fest :lol:. Me and Casture stayed playing until 1:00... it got really cold O.o. Regardless, we'll have to do it again sometime soon... like, next week. Or perhaps if that won't work next next week. What day(s) would work best for you guys?

laozy

Smash Journeyman
next week same time works for me. the sun was hella annoying it was up and when it went down, it got hella cold (lucky we got junpei's hotness to warm us up). but it was one of the best smashfest ever!!! crew battles and team crew battle was crazy fun. we should record next time. team peach+samus=too good to be true *being dramatic*we won most of our matches and we are still undefeated in dreamland. i dont think there's a team that can beat me and yaz.

next week oct.6 me, junpei, zac, and nate is going to dallas for the midnight gaming championship finals. so i want to smash till dawn mon-thurs. anyone up for it?

Cdbobo

Smash Journeyman
Every day O.o? I can only go with 5 hours of sleep so much you know ^.^. Also, October 4th (thursday) I'm getting my mouth cut, drilled, filled, and otherwise abused, so Wednesday sounds good to me too! As for the time, I'll work again until 3:00, and so could actually be at the park by 3:45 if I was in a rush, and set up by 4:00 so that's basically the earliest I can be there; but if people want to come earlier that'd be okay too of course, I just couldn't make it until 4:00 or perhaps a tiny bit before.
And I don't know about this "most" you speak of phil.. me and casture beat you on every stage but dreamland (where we fought once only) so, pfft!

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
You people DO know that the park closes at 11, right?

I'm gone from the 4th through 6th to Cedar City for Shakespeare Festival, so you people enjoy yourselves XD

Cdbobo

Smash Journeyman
Parks close..? meh, if someone tells us to leave, we will ^_^ But.. you realize wednesday would be October 3rd, right tsuteto? So you could totally come.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
You know, if I'm not working, and what not, which unfortunately I am.

If it starts around 3 or 3:30, I can come for an hour or so, then bike up to ze Pizza Hut for work, but that's about it XD

Casture

Smash Apprentice
I can be there any time next Wednesday, maybe with a TV. My roommate has just said ,"Be careful" with his TV so hopefully we can keep using it for smash. We could try to smash at my apartment, but it is smallish and I'd have to ask permission from the majority of my roommates.

Sorry Phil, I'm busy every night except Wednesday. :(

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
@FtS I know I couldn't go much earlier because I had work until a little after 3:00. Was the main problem rush hour traffic..? I guess what I'm really asking is, how much earlier should it have started in your opinion :).
Rush hour was definitely a problem. Also, playing outdoors really just seems to create one problem after another.

PC, I'm thinking about it. Plans are forming...

Junpappy

Smash Lord
I might be up for a smashfest on saturday...just post where/when if you guys decide to have one and I'll let you know

YazYaz

Smash Apprentice
hahahaha me and phil are UNSTOPPABLE on dreamland.. we'll challenge anyone, anytime on that level haha. BRING IT!! The Samus+Peach combination is unbeatable :).. unless we let you win haha

Top Bottom