• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
DS4, i still need to play your tink again. Even though its yoshi's worst match up, I think ill do okay ;D
Ya right, worst matchup my ***
Lrn2playbettr

I won my MM, DS4, we need to do another one... one without distractions if you know what i mean.
Fur sure and yes this time no distractions.. I didn't touch up on the icie matchup so I didn't know what to do.
Oh and upload for critique? I was going to show it to TL boards

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Lrn2playbettr

Fur sure and yes this time no distractions.. I didn't touch up on the icie matchup so I didn't know what to do.
No really, here's the new MU thread for Yoshi v. Tink: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=239501

Most really REALLY hate this MU, and all of the good yoshi player (HadesBlade, Auroreon, and DeltaCod) either say it's their personal worst or say at least 65:35, and that is currently our worst right now.

EDIT: Also, was their anything stolen this time around? I hope not for the scene's sake...

r3d d09

Smash Master
DS4, you don't really need to read up. i was just spacing and would watch for your patterns and see if i could counter them, another thing. CP on a stage that you feel comfortable on, not what would suck for the other character. seemed as if you werent comfortable on brinstar.

usually people don't go to BF on campy characters like tl, but since i was comfortable. that's why i went thing. i know how to work the stage.

Lrn2playbettr

dude its yoshis worst mu, its a 90-10 match up and the only reason yoshi stands a chance is becuase tl is low tier and easy to spike with fair

upload for get ***** scrub.

what a ***** ***.

i dont know the match up either. and dont upload it. its not worth uploading.
its worth uploading. due to the amazing title i hath bestowed upon it
i don't have it
tell that to rockmix
you acted like you did or something

LRN2CLARIFY

No really, here's the new MU thread for Yoshi v. Tink: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=239501

Most really REALLY hate this MU, and all of the good yoshi player (HadesBlade, Auroreon, and DeltaCod) either say it's their personal worst or say at least 65:35, and that is currently our worst right now.

EDIT: Also, was their anything stolen this time around? I hope not for the scene's sake...
lol "good" yoshi players

DS4, you don't really need to read up. i was just spacing and would watch for your patterns and see if i could counter them, another thing. CP on a stage that you feel comfortable on, not what would suck for the other character. seemed as if you werent comfortable on brinstar.

usually people don't go to BF on campy characters like tl, but since i was comfortable. that's why i went thing. i know how to work the stage.
dude nah its cuz tl is lowtier, if he used regular link the matches would be closer.

also throw less ice blocks and more toon links next time plz

I like to pretend to know what I'm talking about too :p
it makes you sound cool, even though we all know its all a lie

gkirby 42

Smash Rookie
regular link is good. tl is trash, also im pretty sure you mad cuz you cant even handle a scrubby fox that spams standing single lasers all day and upsmash upsmash upsmash. oh em gee that upsmash.

fox is bottom tier and he still ***** scrubby tls all **** day

gkirby 42

Smash Rookie
the brawl tierlist according to gk:

mars tier
shiek but only if you are mars

Godtier~
captain falcon
ganondorf

top tier
metaknight
ice climbers
falco
snake
marth
diddy kong

high tier
kirby
pit
sonic
zss
dk
mario
luigi
wolf
wario

midtier
rob
link
d3
gw

lowtier
yoshi
toon link
samus

bottom tier
shiek
zelda
fox

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
the brawl tierlist according to gk:

mars tier
shiek but only if you are mars

Godtier~
captain falcon
ganondorf

top tier
metaknight
ice climbers
falco
snake
marth
diddy kong

high tier
kirby
pit
sonic
zss
dk
mario
luigi
wolf
wario

midtier
rob
link
d3
gw

lowtier
yoshi
toon link
samus

bottom tier
shiek
zelda
fox
You should move Yoshi to mid tier just for the lulz

___X___

Smash Lord
Alright guys, So its come to my attention that Our smash scene is the worst smash scene in the world, Skill and Attendance wise (LOL)

And our tourneys are becoming more fail and fail every single time.
so I'm gonna start taking matters into my own hands.

I've been recruiting a lot of smashers around my area and around the Provo area as well.

They just aren't up to drive that far (south jordan) for a tourney. (since they aren't that good)

and seeing that not even people that live up in the salt lake area want to attend, I'm thinking of having tourneys down here.

I Hosted a tourney last week and had around 20 attendee's. it wasn't for money, it was to introduce the Fun of a smash tourney to the scrubs, it got them hyped and they want to know more and more.

It was a well put together tourney as well, people brought their own TV's, Set ups, and controllers. and there was a lot of pizza and refreshments.

I also took care of all the set ups, and controllers that belonged to people, I asked and made sure everyone Took home what was theirs.
I also Was strict with calling out matches and Things getting done fast.

I plan to host a tourney sometime in may, And I'll also have a tourney thread up soon, Just gotta get things figured out about the venue, but its almost a FOR SURE.

I hope you all can Come, its gonna be a lot of fun!!

Side note* no offense to RJ in any way, he's an amazing friend and he also saved the smash scene from Extinction. Thank you. I don't mind if he still host's weeklies or not.
but I'm making my own tourney's now.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
<----
Greatest TO ever, I had pizza.
Ill teach X everything i know from yelling at the mexi's, to making DZLE work.
Now back to the shadows I go never to be seen until I need PC for more B+ stuff.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Speaking of Brawl+, the finalized set came out last Friday, so it's truly going to have no more character changes for the next 6 months (aside from major bug issue fixes if applicable). There's a new snazzy Stage Selection Screen and a couple of new non-character related stuff as well. I wouldn't recommend downloading from their website just yet (especially since you tend to not be able to get it to work, and even the auto-updater isn't working, so you'll likely fail harder... :p), since I don't think they've added the common5 file that I created for them to the download file, yet (they were getting freeze issues making it, but I found the source of the freeze and gave them a working one).
So yeah...you'll probably need to come out of the shadows pretty soon if you want it...

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
oh **** ):

also, I found a possible venue. i just need to talk to the main guy. He was a bit interested (:

gangsterrrrrrkirby

Smash Rookie
Alright guys, So its come to my attention that Our smash scene is the worst smash scene in the world, Skill and Attendance wise (LOL)

And our tourneys are becoming more fail and fail every single time.
so I'm gonna start taking matters into my own hands.

I've been recruiting a lot of smashers around my area and around the Provo area as well.

They just aren't up to drive that far (south jordan) for a tourney. (since they aren't that good)

and seeing that not even people that live up in the salt lake area want to attend, I'm thinking of having tourneys down here.

I Hosted a tourney last week and had around 20 attendee's. it wasn't for money, it was to introduce the Fun of a smash tourney to the scrubs, it got them hyped and they want to know more and more.

It was a well put together tourney as well, people brought their own TV's, Set ups, and controllers. and there was a lot of pizza and refreshments.

I also took care of all the set ups, and controllers that belonged to people, I asked and made sure everyone Took home what was theirs.
I also Was strict with calling out matches and Things getting done fast.

I plan to host a tourney sometime in may, And I'll also have a tourney thread up soon, Just gotta get things figured out about the venue, but its almost a FOR SURE.

I hope you all can Come, its gonna be a lot of fun!!

Side note* no offense to RJ in any way, he's an amazing friend and he also saved the smash scene from Extinction. Thank you. I don't mind if he still host's weeklies or not.
but I'm making my own tourney's now.
cool story bro.

LoL our scene does suck. I almost wanna hibernate smash until somethin happens with it.
ciz you cant even beat some random scrub kirby no ones heard of, you suck duuude

once you introduce entree fee's people wont show up because they all will be losing hardcore to us. that's why we need dedicated players. but we can try chris.
im going to penetrate this first noob i see

<----
Greatest TO ever, I had pizza.
Ill teach X everything i know from yelling at the mexi's, to making DZLE work.
Now back to the shadows I go never to be seen until I need PC for more B+ stuff.
your pizza has nothing on my pizza, k?

so you still are teaching x?

you would make dzle work like a jerk or something.

**** you PC, you know my weakness.,.when can we meet? usual place usual time?
silly pit main cant even beat a ganny in b+

haha, silly guys.

Oh, just an FYI. You guys should be happy that I'm still alive. I almost died today :(
oh realleh?

What happened R3D D09? Curious to know :confused:

^this.

Top Bottom