• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Red Dog how on earth can you not tell that RJ is posting on David's accont? lol I hope your not that oblivious.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
DBS, we'll probably never get to play those Link dittos :(

Stake president is going to request that I stop playing video games and stuff within like a week or two (I know because he did the same with my bro), plus I don't plan on attending any more tournies anyways. I won't deny, this scene is a mess. Sorry man.

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
Wanna trade?
I can let u burn all the ADTR albums
Alesana- the emptiness
Billy the kid-esta ciudad ardera
Senses fail-let it enfold you & from the depths of dreams
whatya say?

-Mars-

Smash Hero
wow u guys are dumb enough to buy cd's????? bwahahahahaahahahahahah all day son. I have like 15,000 songs and didn't pay for a single one.

Kirrus

Smash Rookie
I only read the forums, and I don't know the Utah scene. I don't know any local Smash Players except Vazor, though I do look forward to meeting everyone. And yeah I was at the GEEX meeting last thursday.

As for my legitimacy as a smasher? I dunno. I play. I think I'm okay. I played Smash at Evo last year and went 2-2. Beating scrubs and got destroyed by SK92. I want to run an awesome smash bros tournament, and I have experience in running events. I want your guys input.

I will post the rules, but basically EVO 2009 rules. No items.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
As long as the stages include Pokemon Stadium 2 and NOT Distant Planet I'm good :D

Kirrus

Smash Rookie
Tournament Announcement is up

So is the facebook group page Please join.

Please start leaving all feedback on the tournament page and facebook page. I will be leaving new info there mainly, as it's easier and less cluttered to read people's feedbacks. Like I said before, GEEX and the community organizers are dedicated to making this tourney awesome and with a little help from the community we can do that. We need set ups and a few judges, so anyone who volunteers to help gets FREE entry into GEEX for both days. So more info to come so check the pages often. This is going to be a lot of fun.

vazor

Smash Apprentice
Why would you need judges?
Keep in mind we'll be playing all sorts of people and some of them will try to cheat and some of them won't know they're being scammed until it's too late, so we need judges watching for things so we don't get someone cheating and someone else crying or angry at the end. We want everyone to have a good time, not just the competitive players. If you don't care about this then you don't care about growing the scene and I will have you ejected from the tournament if you show up.

But you do care, right Sinz?

I'm not sure but I still think Vazor wants me to do something for GEEX
YEESSS Kirrus is helping lead everything so work with him, but we still need your skillz in making some graphics and advertising around smashboards. The tourney thread is up and running but could use some spiffing up.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=10059344#post10059344

Also this is unofficial but we're trying to get a 500$ bonus prize pot added on to the entry fee pot in order to draw out of state attention. Also we're working on if you bring a setup you get in one day free, if you bring a tv you get in both days free. And like Kirrus said we'll have finals on a huge screen, shoutcasted and everything - it will be awesome!!

deathbysuarez I can get you some posters today if you want. Let me know via email when would be ok to stop by, or I'll just call you later tonight.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Keep in mind we'll be playing all sorts of people and some of them will try to cheat and some of them won't know they're being scammed until it's too late, so we need judges watching for things so we don't get someone cheating and someone else crying or angry at the end. We want everyone to have a good time, not just the competitive players. If you don't care about this then you don't care about growing the scene and I will have you ejected from the tournament if you show up.

But you do care, right Sinz?
There isn't too much to judge imo. The stages are pretty easy to know. You just have a piece of paper with the stages in front of the T.V. We don't have any banned characters. :/ Nothing so crazy that we need judges. I think that we are safe with a t.o. :D

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
who's going to be able to help out?
i know its limited because like everyone lives so **** far
but im seeing
me
kirris
vazor
PC should help out he's close enough

vazor

Smash Apprentice
You might know the stages and rules and everything but people will show up don't know much except that they like this game. There might be someone that gets standing infinited and don't know they're supposed to call BS on it. Judges will help resolve disputes that come up. When you have a ton of people that is bound to happen.

Kirrus volunteered to help set up and organize everything as well as shoutcast
Perfect Chaos volunteered to help judge
Dark Ryu volunteered to help hype and make some banners
deathbysuarez volunteered to help spread the word and get people to bring setups
I am volunteering to get everyone who helps free venue passes, help spread the word, and bring setups

I was planning on Dark Ryu running brackets with Kirrus and PC to help get people to their matches.

I've asked GKirby to see if he can get a sponsor for bonus cash prize, but everyone can help with this- when you're in a game store just ask if they're going to help out at GEEX. The more helping out, the more awesome the event can be.

Feedback and suggestions and posts on the tourney thread are all welcome. :)

Kirrus

Smash Rookie
Judges are there just in case there are questions on the rules for noobs, or unplanned events like controller malfunctions, no-shows, etc. Or if you request double blind picks. Most people don't need judging. The main function of these people will to make sure people are always playing at stations, and the tournament is moving on time.

This is what we need. 1 person running brackets the whole time, 3 judges. I'm going to be also helping with the other console tournaments thus my time is split, so that's why we need people's help. Judging and running brackets does NOT mean you can't play in the tourneys. You still can play. So if you can help out, please do so. It's fun, makes the community better, and you get to be an integral part in an awesome tournament. If this works, we'll make this annual and Utah will have a major Smash Tourney.

Please join the facebook group and leave comments and feedback. Thanks! More info to come.

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
LAN party friday at the GTI 2501 South State Street
not that anyone on here is going to show up

there's going to be computers with all kinds of games
brawl on 1 projector
and possible 360 on another projector
5$
:younglinkmelee:
ya so ill be heading there in an hour and a half

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Wow ZZ is a noob. Distant planet is Yoshi's best stage.
1. Grrrr!! :mad:

2. I just have really strong hatred for it and, just like when im falco at japes, i dont feel being that cheep is fun or fair :/

3. It's banned anyway

4. :yoshi:

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
You might know the stages and rules and everything but people will show up don't know much except that they like this game. There might be someone that gets standing infinited and don't know they're supposed to call BS on it. Judges will help resolve disputes that come up. When you have a ton of people that is bound to happen.

Kirrus volunteered to help set up and organize everything as well as shoutcast
Perfect Chaos volunteered to help judge
Dark Ryu volunteered to help hype and make some banners
deathbysuarez volunteered to help spread the word and get people to bring setups
I am volunteering to get everyone who helps free venue passes, help spread the word, and bring setups

I was planning on Dark Ryu running brackets with Kirrus and PC to help get people to their matches.

I've asked GKirby to see if he can get a sponsor for bonus cash prize, but everyone can help with this- when you're in a game store just ask if they're going to help out at GEEX. The more helping out, the more awesome the event can be.

Feedback and suggestions and posts on the tourney thread are all welcome. :)
Alright, I will help judge (:

C!Z

Smash Lord
Givin out infractions for dumb **** like that is beyond stupid. Pointing them out is even a bigger ***** move though.

Top Bottom