• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Lunaris

Smash Ace
we havent been able to check our PMs for the last two days due to smashboards being screwed up, and so i haven't been able to log on and write down the contact information of whoever PMed me about housing. now i can log on, but i still cant check my pms.

in two days from now, we should be arriving in st. george. so whoever's planning on housing us should probably call us at 1-907-441-7187 so we can get your contact info before we get there.

this is very annoying, i wish i would anticipate things like this. looking forward to playing you guys, though!

So if chilling monday is what you want, and you're still too smashed out for nintendo, discuss these ideas amongst yourselves and lemme know what cha think:

Idea 1) Life in the desert is all about one thing -- water. You guys bring swimsuits and we'll will show you the joys of cliff jumping/ hot tubbing/ pool hopping/ treasure ship plundering/ any other large body of water activity. Great if you don't want to spend any more money.

Idea 2) You'll probably be hungry. Bring some extra cash and we'll show you all the m.s.g.'s you can handle at our all-you-can-eat Chinese Mandrin Buffet. Or perhaps we'll treat you guys to our favorite (and gayest) mixed drink Chili's can offer minors -- the virgin strawberry coloda, straight-guy code-name: Miami Vice.

*************or*************​

Idea 3) You may be angry at the world after getting spiked like a chump, so why not get back at it? Of course I'm talking about wanton mischief. Fishing line pulled stuffed animals to door bell ditching, and a new thing I've been absolutely dieing to try out called syran wrapping, its all just in good fun officer!

Theres other random stuff to do here to, those are just off the top of my head. We've got laser tag/golf, go karts, XTREME go karts, and various others. This is just to let you guys know so you can consider bringing extra luggage with you ^____^

Gojira

Smash Lord
So if chilling monday is what you want, and you're still too smashed out for nintendo, discuss these ideas amongst yourselves and lemme know what cha think:

Idea 1) Life in the desert is all about one thing -- water. You guys bring swimsuits and we'll will show you the joys of cliff jumping/ hot tubbing/ pool hopping/ treasure ship plundering/ any other large body of water activity. Great if you don't want to spend any more money.

Idea 2) You'll probably be hungry. Bring some extra cash and we'll show you all the m.s.g.'s you can handle at our all-you-can-eat Chinese Mandrin Buffet. Or perhaps we'll treat you guys to our favorite (and gayest) mixed drink Chili's can offer minors -- the virgin strawberry coloda, straight-guy code-name: Miami Vice.

*************or*************​

Idea 3) You may be angry at the world after getting spiked like a chump, so why not get back at it? Of course I'm talking about wanton mischief. Fishing line pulled stuffed animals to door bell ditching, and a new thing I've been absolutely dieing to try out called syran wrapping, its all just in good fun officer!

Theres other random stuff to do here to, those are just off the top of my head. We've got laser tag/golf, go karts, XTREME go karts, and various others. This is just to let you guys know so you can consider bringing extra luggage with you ^____^

how long are the alaskans staying at your house?

BTW boozer mad is done
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=2594216#post2594216

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
The Alaskans are coming today, and leaving tomorrow. From what I know at least.

Why would they stay in St. George for more than a day? They'd probably melt.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
It really wouldn't make sense for them to go back home the way they came. They're heading to OC3 from eastern Canada.

After OC3, they're heading home, which would be through the west coast states.

Cdbobo

Smash Journeyman
Heh. Sorry for not checking in guys, but for some reason my gmail wasn't telling me what was up. Somebody mentioned smashboards being on the fritz for 3 days so that is probably the cause...... anyway, sorry for my absence :(.
Do we have any plans going on for that August tourney? And when are some 'fests going on? I realize with OC3 people are gonna be gone, but what about the rest of us who didn't get to go? We should slake our smash hunger with some smash fests. Mmhmm. it's true.

tjrook

Smash Cadet
We should slake our smash hunger with some smash fests. Mmhmm. it's true.
I completely agree! I just went to a tourney down here (couldn't participate, my mom would only let me borrow the van for an hour, and I didn't want to leave in the middle of it, so I only watched :() and the people who attended didn't seem to be the greatest I have ever played... which mean I could probably beat most of them pretty easily :( (maybe I'm just going crazy and think that I am good, when I really am terrible... I dont know, we'll see...)

I would love to participate in a Smashfest, but most of them are too far for me to travel, or they are all planned on days when I work. I think we need to plan in so it could be down here a little closer to me, and/or on a day that I dont work. I dont know who isn't going to OC3 (except for Cdbobo and I, of course :)), but I think we should all plan something, or multiple somethings so we can all satisfy our unyielding hunger :D

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
Everyone needs to check out Gojira's Bowser combo video.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=109630

The people going to 0C3 are listed on the first post. Smashfests aren't official, and you are expected to be playing smash with friends or other Utah smashers regularly. Just contact someone and play.

We need to start planning the trip to EVO World in August when we get back from 0C3. There should be many more of us going to that one.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
Plan more smashfests hmm....?

Gee if only there were some sort of online medium through which we could all communicate with each other...

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Oh, FTS, you should update the first post to say that the "Brawl Open-Package Tournament" will be on December 8, 2007. That's when Gojira plans to host it.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
I'm with Junebug on this one. ...or does he mean to say that we have a week or whatever to practice, then we have the tournament? That sounds way fun.

Devin just got a job today at SkyWest, so we'll be flying up there whenever we feel like it. Maybe even for the open-box tournament.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
It's not really an "open-package" tourny in the traditional sense. And it's not like you are FORBIDDEN to play it before, as that is pretty much impossible to do (and down right outrageous). He's giving us the five days before it to unlock everything, as well as get used to the game (or "practice" as Xsyven thought). You shouldn't jump the conclusion and say stuff like "count me out" before you fully understand, you know.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
I was only making assumptions based on past conversations I've had with him about the open-package tournament.

lengeta

Smash Ace
Ok, here's what's up with me if anyone's interested...

I still plan on driving to EVO World. I still don't know when I'll be leaving or coming back, or even staying, but I'm going fo' sho'! We should probably start deciding who'll be driving with me, if we need another car, where we'll be staying, and all that jazz.

June's too busy for me to make any Smashfests, and August is really busy too. I'd like the 11th or the 18th if it's possible as they're the only weekends I'll be free, but I'm not the only one with strict avalibility. I still wish I could host, but I can't really. I'll be moving after August, but I don't know where to yet.

Me and one of my managers at FYE are trying to work with our Nintendo rep to see if we can organize some sort of pre-release party/tournament for Brawl. I'd LOVE to get to actually play the game in a tourny a few hours before it comes out. There's a good chance it won't happen, but we're doing what we can.

Yeah... crap, have to move on now, talk to you all laterz...

tjrook

Smash Cadet
Everyone needs to check out Gojira's Bowser combo video.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=109630

The people going to 0C3 are listed on the first post. Smashfests aren't official, and you are expected to be playing smash with friends or other Utah smashers regularly. Just contact someone and play.

We need to start planning the trip to EVO World in August when we get back from 0C3. There should be many more of us going to that one.
I have seen that combo video! Oh my gosh, Gojira, you're amazing! I absolutely love Boozer, I cant get enough of him, and you do a great job of showing off his great potential! (top tier! ;) ... jk :))

I know about the people who are going, I am just not sure who all is good at smash in Utah. I know about the Utah Power Rankings, I'm just not sure where they live, or pretty much anything about anyone, and I am sure that there are people who are shy or aren't very talkative that I have never heard about that could probably kick all of our trashes... Anyways... I guess I'll just have to somehow talk to as many people as I can and see what I can do...

And again I can't guarantee anything about EVO World either... dangit, I feel like a loser... :(

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
I'd LOVE to get to actually play the game in a tourny a few hours before it comes out.

You know what sucks? The east coast is going to be smashin' it up all Brawl style, while we sit there, waiting for it to be released at midnight.

I work at Best Buy on the side. I'm totally going to steal it from the backroom the day we get it shipped.

El_LoVo

Smash Ace
What time is Utah planning on leaving for OC3? Colorado would really like to make a caravan of sorts to OC3 with it's four corners brethren. Call me at 720 427 8912 to let me know, since the boards are being a bit unreliable right now.

-Zeal

Fake Edit: The Alaskan players are good. Good people, too. Sorry I didn't take you seriously at first, Lunaris, you're **** good. Captain Alaska, I never got to play you. Sorry that I ended up just playing pokemon for the most part during the two days you were here. D: Meet up at OC3, maybe?

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I work at Best Buy on the side. I'm totally going to steal it from the backroom the day we get it shipped.
LOL! I work there too. I am going to end my employment by abusing my warehouse privileges. ^_^

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
LOL! I work there too. I am going to end my employment by abusing my warehouse privileges. ^_^
Ooo, what's your employee number? I can use it to abuse. Buy some Cat5 cables, and give them to Devin to return for full store credit!

Actually, I don't know how CS works entirely. But hey, that's be awesome. Ripping off Best Buy, just as much as they're ripping off their customers.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
See, I'm just a cashier, so I don't really know what any of that stuff means. I just work there on weekends, since I don't get paid at my internship.

tjrook

Smash Cadet
I'm sorry C!Z, I wasn't able to even contemplate the possibility to play smash today, I had to work from 10:00 AM to about 8:00 PM... I didn't time to really do anything today... :(

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
So, how'd y'all do at oh-see-three? Did Gojira get his money match with Ken? :chuckle:

I still want to host a tournament in Idaho on August 4th, and there will probably be free food and a gas sponsorship fund. :)

Cdbobo

Smash Journeyman
First off, I'm finally getting around to watching the Bowser mad. It was basically awesome Goji... I still think I can beat you though!!!! Nicely edited FtS, and the music was of course, sweet. quick question, I was in the credits (yay!) but I'm not sure which one I was. Probably the unnamed green bowser. Oh well.
C!Z, it stinks I didn't check smashboards yesterday.... I've also been madly craving some smash. we should like... get a fest goin, guys.

lengeta

Smash Ace
I'll be at some anime convention up there in Idaho on the 4th, so I won't be able to make that tourny Buzz. Shame I'm up there and still unable...

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
0c3

We got back from our carpool to 0C3 last night. The car ride was pretty crazy, and we had a good time with Colorado, Alaska, and St. George outside of tourney. The turnout was the biggest to date with some epic finals. Utah didn't do too horrible nor very good. We need to work on making Utah higher skilled as a whole (or at least our top 10). Maybe you'll believe me when I say the more effective way of improving our smash scene and also what it's like playing in and watching matches at massive tournaments now?

Also, Utah still plans on going to EVO World thanks to Layne and his van. Hopefully, everyone going gets plenty of improvement before then. We REALLY need it.

Here's how we did at 0C3.

Full Detailed Results: http://tia.nealpro.com/tia/tournament.aspx?id=202

Utah Only Results:

Crews: .....bad

Teams:

FTS + PC: 4th in pool of 7 (5-7)
Gojira + RagingAsian: 4th in pool of 8 (5-9)
Laozy + Atlas(not Utah): 4th in pool of 6 (3-7)

lol @ all of us getting 4th in our pool

Singles:

PC: 4th in pool of 8 (8-6) (he 2-0'ed FrenzieFool but the results have the opposite)
FTS: 5th in pool of 9 (8-8)
Laozy: 6th in pool of 6 (1-9)
RagingAsian: 8th in pool of 8 (2-12)
Gojira: 6th in pool of 10 (8-10)

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
It was in the pocket of the pants that he put away in his bag. :chuckle: Then, after that, he went inside to look for his Dr. Pepper, when it turned out, that he placed it on a nearby table outside. Altogether, we wasted about 10-15 minutes for him to look for his stuff.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
Dont forget that it comes with signatures from Bombsoldier, Forward, and a faded signature from HugS.

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
We are probably doing a tourney in August after all. Most likely that weekend Unknownforce would be able to go if he would rather do a tourney than something else.

Everyone start thinking of something we could all do other than smash after the tournament.

Top Bottom