• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Cdbobo

Smash Journeyman
For tournament news, simply check FtS's signature or the first post of the Utah thread. FtS is quite good about keeping his sig updated (*points at gojira, who is definitely the opposite when it comes to sig updated-ness*)

Junpappy

Smash Lord
We neeeeeeed a vaaaaaaaaan......

Anyone? Anyone at all?

Someone get a van so Gojira gets to go with us.

tjrook

Smash Cadet
It isn't the fact that he isn't capable of driving, it is the fact that it is my parent's van... if I were to drive it, they would trust me, but anybody else... basically there is no way of convincing them :(

laozy

Smash Journeyman
WHERES THE GOOD DANG RESULTS. I'M DIEING TO KNOW WHO PLACED WHERE.

PS. thanks Devin for acknowledging my abilities in driving a van :D

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Okay, through memory, here are the results (pretty sure I have it 100% correct):

Doubles (there were only three teams, winner take all)
1: Utah's Team Broken (FTS's idea) - Perfect Chaos & FoxTheStampede
2: Laser Fortress - Gojira & RagingAsian
3: ???? - Sada and DontStopLaughing

Singles (8 players total)
1: Perfect Chaos
2: FoxTheStampede
3: FallenProphet (Xsyven, he's an Ice Climbers main, and he placed higher in his first tourny than you did in your first tourny with the ICs. You better watch out, because there's a rivalling ICs up here now. :p )
4: RagingAsian
5: Gojira
5: C!Z
7: Sada
7: DontStopLaughing

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Phil, you "phil" like playing today...get it? Phil (punny?)... Anyway. I couldn't PM you since your PM capacity is full (SO DELETE SOME OF THOSE OLD MESSAGES!!). Get on AIM to discuss.

laozy

Smash Journeyman
Lol Yes I Phil Like Philaying Today. And The Reason My Pm Box Is Full Is Because Smash Girls From Across The State Is Pm-ing Me Every Second. Why Must I Be Cursed With Good Looks And Crazy Smash Skills.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
PC, Hell, no.

I didn't even consider Ice Climbers as one of my mains when I got fourth! And the last time I was up there, I was totally stressed out about my whole flight situation.

Either I'm amazingly good, and get nervous easily, or I was placed in the bracket extremely luckily the first time and extremely unluckily the second.

Or maybe Cdbobo just sucks.

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hello

This is Jennette (sugarpoultry), I am Buzz's wife. Just saying hello and getting to know all the smash people. I joined this forum because I was sick of all the crap I was getting from Zelda Universe. They are jerks. (The mods).

Anyways, I hear this place is friendlier. ^_^

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
There's a fued between the two halves of the state, and Buzz always sides with us. Mainly because you're from Cedar.

The thread is named Sexy Southern Utah, and it's in this same forum. It's basically spam between me and Devin (the Jigglypuff...), with the occasional Northerner poppin' in.

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
PC's results post is 100% if anyone is wondering. I'll just use that for the link.

I'll be posting matches from last weekend when I'm not busy (and get a name for it).

Pathetic turnout btw. All but 8 of you and Rafa should be ashamed. Don't do it again. In fact, our next tournament will be whichever date people like in September, so we plan on 100% attendance.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
PC's results post is 100% if anyone is wondering. I'll just use that for the link.

I'll be posting matches from last weekend when I'm not busy (and get a name for it).

Pathetic turnout btw. All but 8 of you and Rafa should be ashamed. Don't do it again. In fact, our next tournament will be whichever date people like in September, so we plan on 100% attendance.
Devin and I are planning on heading up there at least one more time before summer ends, so expect to see our bright and shining faces lighting up your day, sometime this August or September.

And when we show up-- everyone shows up.

tjrook

Smash Cadet
I am so sorry I couldn't go! Work, along with no means of transportation left me helplessly stuck here in Spanish Fork... I will definitely plan on going to the one in September, but to be completely honest with you, I cant make any guarantees that I can make it :(

There is a tournament down here this Saturday at our local Game Crazy, and was planning on going to see if there is any competition down here. I heard there was at least one good person down here, and I would like to see how far I have gone in only one month of playing this game :)

In fact, my friends and I were playing yesterday (my friends have been playing this game for years), and in my first round, I played against the supposed best one out of all of us, and I 3 stocked him!! It was a glorious victory, and made me proud to be a Ganondorf player (he was playing Captain Falcon!)

And for the occasional Northerner popping up in the Southern Utah thread, a big contributor is me :)

Hmm... my English isn't too great in this response... I wonder why...

unknownforce

Smash Lord

September? Doh...

tjrook

Smash Cadet
I have a question for the Northern Utah Smashers! How many Smashers are there up North that dont show up on the GSC? Who are you and who do you main?

I asked the same question on the Sexy Southern Utah thread, I was wondering the same thing about up here.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
The power rankings thread has pretty much all active northern utah smashers. It also shows their mains next to their name.

tjrook

Smash Cadet
whoa, I didn't know about the Utah Power Rankings... I feel like an idiot now :( Thanks for the info!

Edit: Wow, I feel like an even bigger idiot now. I just realized I have posted on that thread before... could somebody please come here and shoot me in the foot or something? (not really...)

Junpappy

Smash Lord
Anyone who wants to smash tomorrow at around 4:00 at my house is welcome to come. Last smashfest before OC3!!!

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Hm...there seems to be two smashfest going on tomorrow. One at RagingAsian's, and one at Gojira's. I'm going to the one at Gojira's, because there'll be more people and it's starting earlier.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Junebug said:
Last smashfest before OC3!!!
Your last smashfest before OC3 is in St. George, you doofus.

Oh, and PC, your signature is very convenient. I thank you.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
thats a tourney doofus

OOOOOOOOH FAAAAACED.....*breaths in deep* SCRATCH MODEY
Wait, I thought you agreed with Junpei that you won't be saying "face"? Or is that only actually saying it out loud, and not including non-verbal communications?

Oh, and sorry Junpei, your smashfest was a dud compared to Gojira's, who got 5 total. Maybe you shouldn't have it so late next time... ;)

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Interim, stop trying to make us feel sorry for you.

Everyone knows there's no worse smash scene than Southern Utah. Go back to your mountains, you Colorado trash!

Junpappy

Smash Lord
Attn: For everyone going to OC3!!!

If you would like to spend the night at my house on wednesday, you're welcome to. Otherwise plan on being at my house around 10:30. Bring $30 for gas money and make sure you have money for food along the way or bring food. Of course, don't forget sleeping bags unless you like back pain and uncomfortable sleep.

Also..... EVERYONE MUST BRING DEODORANT

The last thing I want is to drive in a car full of sweaty smashers for 20 hours.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Has this thread become the communication gateway between Idaho and Colorado (more specifically, Buzz and IoZ)? What's up with that...
Yes. Utah has been the designated digital meeting ground between Idaho and Colorado. Any casualties will not be our fault.

Top Bottom