• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
Still only 6 Utah Smashers in the global smasher compendium. Where are the rest of you? Simna will be updating within a day or two ;)

and yes, rr pools rock, but we never have enough people to make it worthwhile

Cdbobo

Smash Journeyman
<-- RR fan.

Except in low tier double elim, cuz Phil just down throw + upB spams :D.

And I pmed simna so I should be on there now or within the next day when he updates.

Casture

Smash Apprentice
Neither Buzz or my friend are coming, so I might be the only one from this side of Idaho. Unless Yamer and BC are coming, of course.

So is anyone one else coming from Idaho? If not......can I join someones' crew? I promise I can at least put up a fight. lol

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Yeah, just for the record, Casture and I had a smashfest yesterday; he has mastered CFalcon's pop-carry-and-kill method (pop = down-air while the opponent is on the ground or a simple up-throw, carry = SHFFL'd neutral-airs and up-airs to keep the opponent in the air moving across the arena, kill = finish with a knee or meteor). He had multiple 0 to death combos. O_O

Cdbobo

Smash Journeyman
wait, casture, at the idaho tourney, are you the one I played with my ganondorf for like an hour? If so, it's awesome that your cpt. falcon has gotten better... I'll have to see what I can do about it :D. I've actually picked up the captain as my 3rd... (doc-->ganon<-->cpt. falcon) and so I think it would be fun to ditto :).
I'm lookin forward to the saturday tourney guys!

Baka^ni

Smash Cadet
Neither Buzz or my friend are coming, so I might be the only one from this side of Idaho. Unless Yamer and BC are coming, of course.

So is anyone one else coming from Idaho? If not......can I join someones' crew? I promise I can at least put up a fight. lol
My friend and I are also in need of a crew to join. If you join with us then we only need one more person to pick up at the tourney.

lengeta

Smash Ace
Actually, in the past, we've set up bracket seeds by skill, but then butchered them so we're not playing the same people we played at other tournaments, so it's been pretty random. I don't mind RRs, they're just harder to run and you usually end up playing all your matches at once, which isn't quite as fun IMO. But yeah, there should be plenty of friendlies either way so I don't really care either way.

Nate, I PMed Simna as well, so if I don't show up let me know. -_^

Junpappy

Smash Lord
I'm only doing round robins pooling into double elimination because tio will automatically create a 32-man bracket if it exceeds 16 entrants and seeding would be a pain in the *** with that many byes and that large of a bracket.

And, now that Buzz is no longer coming.....I think I might just scrap low tier singles and do normal doubles in it's place.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
But I wouldn't have a doubles partner. Therefore, singles should still be in place.

I have spoken.

Casture

Smash Apprentice
I realy want to have a doubles tourny, but (sorry Buzz) Buzz is coming. Right after I posted that he wasn't coming, he PM'd me saying that he could. lol

So I guess low tier is still up.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Low tier tournament is a must... Gojira and I will dominate.

Cdbobo

Smash Journeyman
Woot for buzzage! I want to yl ditto again... ive gotten a lot better. you'll still kick my butt im sure, but perhaps I won't die quite so quickly :D. So that's a cpt and a yl ditto from you idahoans. Sounds good :). It's finally here, guys... tomorrow is S-day! or T-day. or something.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Wow, way to jump on the band wagon so late, Chadd.

I still haven't picked out my Low Tier main. So you'll all be facing my Roy, Zelda, and Kirby. As for my Ice Climbers, they've gotten careless. So I don't think I'll be doing as good this time around. But I WILL be coming as long as Phil can pick me up. Which he should be able to.

laozy

Smash Journeyman
whatever guys...i'll take low tier with my dthrow+upb combo. chad's YL tasted it many times :D

and dont worry xsyven...i got u

Cdbobo

Smash Journeyman
Yes, I was exposed to the cheatery.
And cmon xsyven what's with the late bandwagon accusation :p. I've been trying to get a wii this whole time, I just kept getting riveted; then the other day mom tells us there are Wii at target and we sped to the store! So... now I'm a real man.

I think I may still be vulnerable to your gayness too phil. I haven't practiced getting out of the downthrow up+b lol. We'll see if I can't pull something out :D.

Phil, why oh why are you listed as manchester england...? Is laozy from something...? or...something?

Baka^ni

Smash Cadet
There seems to be a lot of excitement about the low tier tourney. I have to say that my looking forward to that too.

Whats the dthrow+upb combo? and what character does it?

laozy

Smash Journeyman
ooo i hope the dthrow+upb combo aka THE PHIL COMBO can win it for me.
and chad, i'm not listed as manchester england...u just got mindgamed.

lengeta

Smash Ace
FtS got a ride (me), and for anyone popping in here... I'll be out at about in around a half-hour to pick up CD and FtS, then it's straight to the tourny.

Also, I totally cut my hand up... but I don't think it's bad enough to effect my playing, here's hoping.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
Results

Low Tier Singles:
1. PerfectChaos
2. Gojira
3. Buzz
4. Sada
5. Josh
5. Casture
7. RagingAsian
7. Zero
9. DrGn

Singles:
1. PerfectChaos
2. RagingAsian (woot:))
3. FoxTheStampede
4. Casture
5. Gojira
5. Buzz
7. C!z
7. CdBobo
9. Lengeta
9. Soto
9. Xsyven
9. Gideon
13. Sophia Lockheart
13. Josh
15. Zero
15. TJ
15. Dane
15. Johnathon

Edit: If anyone wants vids that they know were recorded on the dvd recorder, then ask and I'll upload them.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Daaang, 9th is terrible. Hopefully I'll do better this Monday when I go to Vegas.

If you're all wondering whether or not I made it in time to the Airport-- yes. I did. Lengeta is definately my hero. When you're down here for OC3, Lengeta, I'm definately buying you dinner. you too, Laozy.

The bad news though, is that though I made it in time, the flight was full. I didn't get to go home tonight... so I'm at my sister's house. And this whole time I was worrying, and it ended up doing no good. And I could have stayed for low tier. I'm bummed-- and I haven't been that stressed out in a looong time.

Next time I'm coming up, I'm not leaving SG without a blood oath from whoever is planning on picking me up and dropping me off.

I'll post my Airport adventures someday-- because I actually gained an awesome story. It's all of pathetic misfortune, but it should be entertaining.

laozy

Smash Journeyman
great tournament...even though i didnt play singles and low tier dang it.
good job to pc for taking first in low tier and.......
holy son of a gun to JUNPEI for taking second. all that training and playing payed off after all.
you're just lucky i wasnt there to win :D

next time you'll get them, xsyven...next time.

and buzz.....freakin crap your YL ***** in crew battle. too bad we didn't get to play

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Shoutouts!

Wow, I disappointed myself by not taking Low Tier. Oh well. Such is life. Good job to all the winners.

RagingAsian -- LOL! "RAZN". Thanks for hosting a great tournament. I was going to throw a fit if we didn't have low tier, but we squeezed it in at the last second. It was fun being down in Utah again.

Xsyven -- Your Ice Climbers are somethin' else. I respect anyone willing to go through the rigors of learning proper desync techniques and duo character combos. With just a bit more practice, you could be winning tournaments without any competition. It was fun to finally meet you and play you.

Perfect Chaos -- I still cannot believe you killed me so many times with Pikachu's up-B move... silent death at its finest.

Gojira -- Your Sheik was gay. I came close on beating your Ganondorf, but I deserved what I got. Good job. :p

laozy -- Curse you for leaving early. Curse you. Young Link > Samus. ^_^

CdBobo -- You've got some impressive moves. I like your Doc the most. He seemed to do the best from my observations. Your Ganondorf has potential, but I'd keep him as a secondary to your Doc. Obviously it is up to you, but it was fun playing against you. I'm sorry about all the shield into up-Bs I did. LOL!

Gideon -- Your Marth is freakin' good. Keep refining him! Generally, I lose to Marth players, so I was quite scared of playing against you. Focus on mastering his down-tilt/forward-smash edge-guards. When placed correctly, I cannot sweetspot the ledge because your hitbox extends below the level. Keep at it. It was fun playing with ya.

SOTO -- Your Doc is good! It was tragic that we played each other both in pools and in brackets. LOL! I've played a number of Doc players. Work with CdBobo and figure out how to exploit his power. Just never engage in a spam war with Link or Young Link. :chuckle:

Vicko

Smash Journeyman
who all is coming on monday from your group xsyven?
i'll try to get to gameworld like 3 or 330 so i can get set up early and you guys will get some practice/free play in

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Vicko, it's Southern Utah-- so four people. We're leaving at about 11 so we can play in Vegas for a bit, and then we'll head over. Last time we were down there though, we got lost on Durango for about three hours before noticing it's actually two roads.

Casture

Smash Apprentice
Very fun tourny. Amazingly funny when it came to the crew battle. FTS-Your Fox is getting more amazing everytime i see it. Gojira-Those matches between us were amazing and probably the most nerve racking I've ever been in. Hopefully RAGING ASIAN would be kind enough to post either one of our sets in 1 vs 1 section. If at all possible, of course.

Raging Asian- sorry for not living up to what you were hoping I could do in crews. I really blew those matches.....if only I knew how to edgeguard, I could of taken a stock from Raph.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Buzz forgot about me :(
That's because you 2-stocked my Young Link... jerk...

LOL! J/K. There was a lot to remember. I'm sorry you fell between the cracks. It was good seeing you again. Just take it as a compliment that I forgot you; it's hard to forget people like Gojira with how LOUD he is. :chuckle:

Good games, Nate.

Top Bottom