• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UST 15 (Utah Melee Tournament - June)

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I saw Bluepeach, but I never had a chance to say anything. Too bad we didn't do friendlies or anything.
There were a lot of people at this tourney which was fun.

I was lucky that this tourney wasn't too bad for me. I got to play a lot of Melee and SF IV which was fun.

I don't know how much longer my interest in Brawl singles will last though...

EDIT: Urgh... 13th place. Not good. LOL

Hammermaster

Smash Rookie
If you love him so much you would know. ;)

p.s. this is bluepeach...
There is no love like logging into your husbands smashboards account to freak people out.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Seems like UST gave a very bad impression.
It's unfortunate how this turned out.

This was a good way to get more people and we scared them off.:(
I was friendly against DJ(?) in a tourney match.

Unfortunately, he's not sure if he wants to come back.

Oh, and PZT, those were some neat hacks you had there.
I wished I tried some of them out.

bluepeach

Smash Cadet
PZT had his fee covered. He didn't want to "pay" but we wanted him to come cause he's fun, and I thought the money was going to a good cause, aka helping Kenny with a fine. You'll have to ask Hammertime if he ever gets on here again because he refuses to talk about the tournament, just says he's done with smash and the whole scene.

Those hacks were a-maz-ing. But you told me how...lucky...PZT is nice.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
You know what? I'm just going to delete this. No one gains anything from it, and I'm just letting my emotions get the best of me.

Sorry again.

DZLE

Smash Master
Man, in a way im kinda glad i couldnt make it to this tourney.
Although all day I craved Melee, Brawl, smash in general.
Bluepeach, sorry some things got out of hand.
There is a lot of stress for some of these people right now, and I am sure they are sorry for saying anything to offend anyone.

I wish I could have come. I love playing new people in smash. Especially people just starting because I love seeing bright new faces willing to join the scene, or at least try to.

If I came today I wouldnt have even done the tourney anyway. Just friendlies.

But yeah, Bluepeach, dont tell your friends, your husband, or yourself to get discouraged from what happened here.
If any of them need a valid reason to stay in this smash scene and keep playing, send them my way. I can give the good in all this to anyone.
Yaz, Kenny, Wang... all the best smashers in this state, are all incredible people once you get to know them on a personal level. Some of these guys have even helped me in my personal life in a way I could not have thought since joining a smash brothers scene.

Again, if anyone needs to know WHY they play smash, or WHY they should stick around and play with us... just ask. I have some valid answers.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Sorry in advance to whoever gets offended by my last post, mainly bluepeach. I am just extremely stressed out with everything that is going on. And that got the best of me. Anyways, sorry.

Also, to anyone new that sees these posts and worrying about coming to future things: This is not a frequent occurrence. In fact, out of all the tourneys that have happened over the last two years, this is pretty much the only thing like this that has ever happened. So don't let this discourage you from coming, because it will not happen again. Keep coming! :)

DZLE

Smash Master
Just gonna put this out there now before we end all this.

Kenneth Crump is one of the nicest, most mature, kind hearted people you will ever meet.

Kenny goes out of his way always to be nice to people and help them out.
His tone can be different in ways from time to time that kind of confuse me to what he is really trying to say whether it be serious or sarcastic, so people can sometimes maybe take things the wrong way sometimes.

I just wanna say this to ANYONE that got a bad impression on Kenny.

Meet Kenneth as a person, not a smasher,
and you will see a humble, kind hearted person who always has your back.

He has had mine more than anyone in this scene ever has. All i ever do is get made fun of.
Kenny has never come close to making fun of me seriously, and he always has my back, texting me or just saying "dont worry about it"

So to those who got the wrong impression from Kenny, meet him for real.
Apologise for misunderstandings, and he will EASILY apologise for his.
He will be one of the kindest people you can meet, because thats how he is.
Thats how he always has been from the day I met him.

DZLEdit: ^^^ That, above me, is the Kenneth I know.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
lol see david, this is what happens when we move away

X gets arrested and Kenny gets DQ'ed

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
When people are in a bad mood, they tend to say things that they could potentially regret later, and find things that normally don't irritate them to be irritating. I not really aware of anything regarding the match lost placed on Kenny, so I'm not going to say anything regarding that. But I think because Kenny's was in a really bad mood, he just took it out on the first person there (which was unfortunately, Bluepeach), which is a shame. But regarding him saying that it was smelly and stuff, I think it was because he was pissed at what FTS had did to him, so he just bashed the tournament, itself. It didn't seem like he meant to blame it on any particular person. But it seems these misunderstandings have lead to even more negative comments.

It seems like there were one group that enjoyed the tournament, and one that thought it was absolutely dreadful, with the latter being those that was caught in with the Ken Neth controversy.

NOTE: Some of these stuff were written before I read the more recent posts, and I didn't want to go back and edit them (for the most part).

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
I just want to put this out there. I did nothing to bluepeach, nor did I storm off and completely ignore her. She asked me like three times if I wanted to fight it anyways, and I said "no it's fine, just take the win" every time, then proceeded to go to the bathroom like I was previously doing. I even forced myself to smile, even though I was pretty upset about it all.. I also forced myself to remain composure around everyone else, because it was none of their faults. So I'm not sure what she is talking about with that.

And my post wasn't even directed at her at all, so I'm sorry if she took offense from it. But now that I see that it wasn't FTS' fault at all for me getting DQ'd and I need to apologize to him as well. Sorry everyone, I'll just stop posting now. Peace.

bluepeach

Smash Cadet
And seriously, calling me a wh0re online because you lost 30$? Heavens knows costing you money was the last thing I wanted to do, ever, in fact, I will just give you 30$ if that is what really kicked your bucket. Seriously Kenny, other than today, you are nothing but awesome.
edit: and while I was writing this, I got attacked again. Seriously, look at Chaos' comment above. Your perception of calm is not very calm, but rather extremely disturbed/angry/bitter. It was obvious you were upset, that's why I was asking if you wanted to play it more than once, because I didn't want you to be bitter and saying mean things to FTS later, which you DID.

And P.S. I didn't know DQ was possible. I was just asking someone if they could call you and see when you were coming back so that I could see if Tyler and I had time to go get something to eat too. Waffle couldn't reach you, and towards the end of his matches with Breakfast, FTS said that since YOU (not Yaz) didn't say you were leaving, he was starting a DQ. He then informed me of the minute rules and counted them on his watch. We were laughing at the crazy ludicrous idea of me even close to getting a match on you, we didn't think I actually WOULD, or that if you didn't like it you would take it like that. And you took it like it was nothing and wouldn't play it even though it was clear you were upset. So there, that is the update on the minutes you were gone. Ask Waffle.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
I deleted my post because I realized I had let my emotions get the best of me. The $30 had nothing to do with me calling you that, and I'm sorry- it was uncalled for. I am just really not in a good mood at the moment and just need time to cool off. Sorry again.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
I just want to put this out there. I did nothing to bluepeach, nor did I storm off and completely ignore her.
Yeah, the part where I said you took it out on the first person, was written before I read your side of the story.

And yeah, him calling you that was uncalled for, but like I said, when people are in a bad mood, they tend to say things that they'll regret later. And it seems that Kenny just saw that he did in fact do just that, and is reflecting on his actions and has made the first apology. Given some time, or a good night's sleep, everyone upset should be able to cool down and put this behind us. So let's just go to sleep instead of continuing this, and perhaps we can all get along again in the future, as I hope to see you (AND your husband and friends) again. (Even though I don't really play Brawl competitively, nor did I interact with you that much at the tournament, it's always nice to see new faces in our Smash scene and to see them return again and again, as since I was one of the original people that help started Utah's scene, it has a special place in my heart...cheesy but true. :))

DZLE

Smash Master
All I can say is:

No Johns.
Nobody is Johning.

This argument did not take a "stock" from anyone.

Kenneth apologised, and did his best to make amends. Mature of him, the right thing to do.
because thats what he does, always has, always will.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Joke (or anyone else), please don't say anything that could potentially make this matter worse (or keep it from getting better). :ohwell:
Anyway, I'm going to get some sleep now...

DZLE

Smash Master
Joke (or anyone else), please don't say anything that could potentially make this matter worse (or keep it from getting better). :ohwell:
Anyway, I'm going to get some sleep now...
Night, ily PC. :p

I also will be getting some rest.
Goodnight, Utah Smash Scene.
Tomorrow is a new day.

Hammermaster

Smash Rookie
HEY! Do not talk about my wife like that! I do not know what you heard but I was there by her and all of these accusations are completely false. First it is a competition, if you do well ken it MEANS that you do not get an f**in break, I do not care what it is unless your opponents know where you are going and what you are doing they are going to question where you are and in all fairness to anyone there you are going to get DQed. Since no one is a freaking celebrity that they are above the rules, because if we know this whole thread about the the DQs would be thrown out if it was about someone who was not even ranked. And rules are rules, bluepeach did not really care about doing well in the singles she just wanted to have fun, and THINK about it, put you in her shoes. Anyone who is there for the first time would think it was funny to be able to "technically" win against one of the best in you, but she just wanted to play smash, against anyone, since it is a FREAKIN GAME that we all love, but it is not life or death or even life changing.

And as to the manipulating thing give me some credit I do what I want cause I want to. And as to bein this "nice guy" just because I'm quiet doesn't mean I do't know whats going on. Personally I'm pissed about all this like I like smash to win. Bluepeach is just there to have fun and play teams with me and because she wanted to help bring in more noobs so the pot could be higher.

The thing that really pisses me off about this whole thing is no one calls my wife names like that especially basically IN FRONT OF ME. Am I that quiet that you think you guys would get away with that without getting freaking pissed off? First of all it is totally uncalled for under any circumstances, and second, we were talking about a game. Take a freakin chill pill. Bluepeach isn't going to delete her posts like you did. She came in crying and I got up. No one makes my wife cry without consequences for their actions. You act so cool when you are winning but any loss of any sort and this is what happens? I do'nt want to be around when you actually LOSE to someone, don't even want to hear the johning that's going to go on there. All this is is effing excuses. A break, how many people actually got a break? How many people actually got to leave?

Deleting your post doesn't change what you said, that you were leaving smash forever and attacking FTS and Bluepeach.
I wasn't even sure if I was ever coming back but this is the icing on the cake for a good solid NO.

Dai-A do'nt say you love me when you do'nt even KNOW me!

DZLE

Smash Master
Hammer, that was completely unnecessary. If you really wanted to let Kenneth know how you felt about all this, do it off the boards, and in a way thats less harmful.

I just got done talking to Kenneth about the whole thing, and he felt miserably about it. Stressed, bad, miserable, and exhausted.

Kenneth already apologised. He already TRIED to make amends.
He did not delete his posts because he is a coward... that accusation is immature.
He deleted those posts because looking back, and after cooling down, he REGRETTED saying ANY of it.
He deleted the posts because he didnt want to have this bad feeling lingering over the scene due to him having a bad day and getting stress, then lashing out on somebody and apologising about it.

Yet for some reason you feel the need to bring it all back up. I dont know why.

I just say this: Give him a break. If it didnt seem like it, he really did sincerely apologise with everything he had at that time. He did not mean any of the harmful things he called or said to your wife. The only reason I am the one here telling you this instead of him
is because I kindly asked him to get some rest, and he did.

PS, when Kenny loses, he doesnt even care. At all. Not one bit.
I am terrible at the game, and i almost never beat him, but when it happens, he just tells me i did a good job.
He does NOT say "omg rematch i cant believe it"
He is humble. Kind, and mature.
He did the mature thing erasing his posts that he did not mean, and apologising to you, your friends, and importantly your wife for the things he said.

Saying what you just said above makes no sense after what has been accomplished.
I completely understand where you are coming from, and why... and its good to let him know that isnt the sort of thing that should be going on, but you really took it too far my friend.
I deleted my post because I realized I had let my emotions get the best of me. The $30 had nothing to do with me calling you that, and I'm sorry- it was uncalled for. I am just really not in a good mood at the moment and just need time to cool off. Sorry again.
And my post wasn't even directed at her at all, so I'm sorry if she took offense from it. But now that I see that it wasn't FTS' fault and I need to apologize to him as well. Sorry everyone.
He apologized many times...
He sincerely was trying to make amends.

Hammermaster

Smash Rookie
Bring it ALL BACK UP? It happened within hours and you expect me to just ignore that my wife was called a ***** on public boards just because he realizes how bad itlooks and quickly deletes it? Obviously it was NECESSARY. I can delete it here like he can delete his. But he called her that in public, not in person, and I called him on it the same way. You are holding me to a much higher standard them him and I haven't called anyone a *****.

How did I take it too far? How can I ever take to too far when someone says that about my WIFE? I wasn't half as mean as his posts. There are things that you let slip by and there are things that you call out. Did he really apologize to her? By deleting his comments he is just backtracking. If he wanted to apologize to her and not "the community and his reputation" he would have just PMed her, left the messages up as he typed them and said, look, I'm sorry I said these to Blupeach, but it's true, I did say them. Apologizing to me means owning up. How can you own up for something you've deleted? It doesn't mean you didn't mean them, just that you don't want anyone to see them. HOw does deleting posts change what he said? Just because you all are happy to erase the slate doesn't mean I should just pretend nothing was said when nothing you can say to someone really makes up for calling their wife a *****.
Admitting you didn't even mean it later just makes it worse because you hurt her and me for no good reason, but that's not something you just delete and forget, someone calling your wife a *****.

I know he's your friend and you are standing up for him but seriously do you think I'm not going to do the same for my wife? And she was called much worse than I'm calling ken and you are getting on me for defending her when you are defending him? Whether he is good kind mature whatever doesn't matter when you call someone innocent a ***** it says something about you.

DZLE

Smash Master
Bring it ALL BACK UP? It happened within hours and you expect me to just ignore that my wife was called a ***** on public boards just because he realizes how bad itlooks and quickly deletes it? Obviously it was NECESSARY. I can delete it here like he can delete his. But he called her that in public, not in person, and I called him on it the same way. You are holding me to a much higher standard them him and I haven't called anyone a *****.
Man. Thats why I said I see where your coming from.
The fact does not change that he apologized for it. Whether it be public, private, or anywhere else. He faulted publicly, and he apologized publicly, to let especially her, AND EVERYONE, know that he is sorry. I completely understand why you bring it up.
I am not asking you to forget, just to forgive. Everybody messes up. Especially when stressed. I have called people much worse and not even apologized... I faced the consequences, and it seems this is his.
But the fact REMAINS. He said he was Sorry! Not once, not twice, not even three times! More!
And again... he did not delete his posts to merely "get rid" of what he said. It wasnt a quick getaway. Why should other members be concerned with this? Thats why, after he cooled off, he deleted them, and apologized multiple times.

If you cant see the good in him thats your fault. But I assure you its there, and he would never call someone that and mean it. Ever.

Kenneth would throw himself in front of a bus to save any of us. you, her, me, anyone.
I believe this. And If you think I am a fool for believing so then I am prepared to back it up. If you want me to get personal, I will, but I rather it doesnt reach that point.

He apologised. He felt terrible. He apologised again. He still feels terrible.
I personally asked him to get some rest. I was worried for my friend.

I apologise to you, hammer, and your wife, for any unnecesary contribution to this I may have brought.
I am just here to support Kenneth, a kind hearted person who was caught on edge on a bad day. You have no idea whats going on in his life, and he has no idea whats going on in yours or your wifes. Its easy for harm to be done.

Edit.
Saw your edit.
Listen. I am not saying just drop it and forget it. I understand its your wife, and its not something you can stand by and just watch.
These harmful things get said, and nothing changes that they got said.
But it takes a big person to apologize for their mistakes.
And I suppose you werent "out of line" and im sorry for saying that, my friend.
I am young. I make mistakes. More than anyone I know.
But I always try to apologize for them, just as Kenneth did when he was still stressed and heated by the whole thing.

Hammermaster

Smash Rookie
What you are doing is not apologizing but attacking me for even standing up for her. That doesn't sound very apologetic. And one of the sorrys in your post is a sorry to FTS as in I should have blamed bluepeach so I'm sorry to FTS for your information you have evidence of one of his mean posts in your post. Did I say I knew Kenny? Just he said IN A POST that he wouldnt even BELIEVE anything I said cause my wife is so manipulative and now he sees and the lies and crap and just that he expected to say that in front of me as a friend and you expect me to just flip flop right away to thinking hes kind and mature again? Forgiveness takes time depending on severity and calling bluepeach a ***** definitely I think most guys could see why I am reluctant to immediately wash it under the table even if it was a mistake he needs to learn that no matter what is going on in his life he cant go making mistakes that severe and mean and just turn and take it back because you cant take back the hurt feelings of someone who really liked you that you slandered. And you need to understand that attacking someones behavior and attacking them are two different things. I commented on what he did. He said who she was. And since people seemed to think I wouldn't mind I am making it clear now that I do mind.

DZLE

Smash Master
I was in no way attacking you for standing up for you wife.
And I was in no way asking you to instantly forgive him and sweep this under the carpet like nothing happened.
Hold your grudge against him. He wont care. He will continue to be nice to you, bluepeach, and anyone else. Because thats who he is.
I understand that you NEED to hold you grudge against him. I am not stopping you.

This is pointless anymore.
I said all I can to defend him, all I can to apologize to you, and your wife.
I understand it takes time to forgive more than anyone you could possibly meet.
I am done with this, as he was when he apologised.
Hold your grudge. Against him, against me, it doesnt matter.
He will continue to be friendly and nice towards you, your wife, and everyone else.
Just as I will.

If you decide not to be nice back, dont you think he will understand why? Of course he will. Then all his feelings of remorse and regret will flood back.
He doesnt need that.

Arguments get out of hand. Things always get said that arent meant. Havent you yet learned this?
How can he, as the person EVERYONE knows him as, say something like that AND MEAN IT?!
How can even a lowly dog of a man say something like that and mean it DIRECTLY AT SOMEONE?

I bid you adieu, friend.
When I meet you in person, you shall receive a sincere "Nice to meet you" and "hello".

Get some sleep yourself. Comfort that which means all to you.

I think all thats needed to be said has been said.
This needs not continue. Especially here.

bluepeach

Smash Cadet
Deleted. Kenny is obviously awesome by popular vote. We shall, however, be staying far away from this volatile individual. The rest of you are pretty nice. Maybe after the summer.

spudzalot

Smash Journeyman
I really want you guys to come back. :(

I know youre first tournaments was bad, mine was too. I thought I was going to easily be one of the best smashers when I went to my first tournament. I go there and go into teams with my brother. We only win one match then lose two right off. I thought that we just didnt have good teamwork and that we were going to amazing in singles. I do my first match and do okay but still lose. For some reason the tournament got delayed a long time and it took a couple of hours until my next match. I am sick, have a huge headache and am really, really hungry. I finally get to do my match and I kill myself 4 times in that set and get 3 stocked both games. So I wasted about 7 hours and $10 to get wasted at a game. I was so dissapointed that day and almost never came to a tournament again but I did and now its one of the funnest things I do each month.

Also I dont think you can really decide to hate Kenny after one day meeting him. As everyone else has said he is probably the nicest person I have met. On my first tournament I really hated X. I had seen how much he would insult new people and how cocky he was on the forums. I saw him at the tournament and he SEEMED the same. He came into the Play n' Trade and saw me doing a friendly and I was using Lucas (I was maining him at the time) then he says,"Hahaha who uses Lucas?!" And just walked off laughing. I was offended by it and proceeded to hate him. But after coming to more tourneys I found X to be way nicer and fun then how he is on the forums and that first day.

So please forgive Kenny and come back. I know what he said was way more offensive then what happened to me but please come back to more tourneys and see the real Kenny, not the one that was in a bad mood and made some mistakes. And even if you choose not to forgive Kenny still come back. The people that are fun and make the tournaments worth while almost always out weigh the people that upset you.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Wow. Just wow. You really think I deleted my post just so your husband wouldn't see? No, I figured you would have had him read it the second you did. I deleted it because I was, in fact, sorry about what I had said. And since it was late at night, only a few people had read it, so deleting it makes it even less public- which is one of the things you are upset about. I did it for that reason, not any of the reasons you said. Last night I was in the worst mood I can ever remember being in, and as soon as I realized that was not who I want to be I deleted my post before any more people could read it.

I am not going to argue with any thing you guys have said, because I do not want to argue. I didn't mean to offend anyone and I'm sorry. Also, I didn't realize a PM was needed to apologize? I didn't know a public apology wasn't good enough for you two. Please, even if you won't forgive me for it, let's not have it here for everyone to read. If you want to continue it PM me instead. Sorry again.

Nul

Smash Apprentice
I have to agree with Spudz on this one, as far as first tournies go and X :p.

My first I went with a friend, we thought, ok, we're good at our area, we should do good here. Yet, as one of the things some people hate in tournies, we had a bad ladder, facing each other, then he got knocked from a power player in losers shortly after, while I got a win off him and another person, but massacred in the next two matches. Personally, I was almost done with tournies, even thought that was my first, but I came back to the next one I could, this one, and actually used my main.

For X, IMO he's just hard on the new people, and others that he can get away with. Spudz, your snake is awesome, another reason for me to loathe massive explosions. Bluepeach, even after that random pause death, you still took that win nicely.

Still getting to know people, and stuff.

Ohh, some recordedness stuff, the loser bracket finals (dRyu forfeited to Yaz, so no matches):
dRyu vs X, sorry guys, the 3rd match was lost to a corrupt file, like one in a million:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESXJrehvvMA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ji9T-XXDMp0
No third :( - dRyu's win on SV, I noted the same combo that he won with on the 5th video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ra17d664v2k
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBfSGShz-to

Nice stuff there. I'll start recording more matches at tournies if anyone wants, but I'll definitly want loser's bracket and final finals.

Top Bottom