• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UST 15 (Utah Melee Tournament - June)

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
If your brother won't take you I might be able to pick you up. So far I've got yaz, wangston, and dryu in my car, and apollo if he wants a ride. So that leaves me with 1 extra seat.

spudzalot

Smash Journeyman
If your brother won't take you I might be able to pick you up. So far I've got yaz, wangston, and dryu in my car, and apollo if he wants a ride. So that leaves me with 1 extra seat.
That could work. I could tell my parents your from BYU. But seriously they are weird like that so that could convince them. XD

Even if I cant catch a ride thanks for the offer. :]

spudzalot

Smash Journeyman
Yah. We are planning on going to that one. We are going to something else before that that might not end in time for the tournament. I think that we will make it in time, that is, if we dont get lost trying to find the place. XD

wangston

Smash Lord
Yah. We are planning on going to that one. We are going to something else before that that might not end in time for the tournament. I think that we will make it in time, that is, if we dont get lost trying to find the place. XD
Don't worry about being late the first hour and then some is doubles. Doubles are lame unless your name is Kenneth, Yaz, __X__, or Dai-a.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
It's really easy to find, so you shouldn't get lost. It is right off of exit 291 (12300 S). Go east after you get off and you will soon see a bunch of shops on your left side with a "draper peaks" sign over the entrance (the entrance is at a stop light). Turn in there and go straight until you see it on your right side.

Wangston, you know you love doubles too ;)

C!Z

Smash Lord
Don't worry about being late the first hour and then some is doubles. Doubles are lame unless your name is Kenneth, Yaz, __X__, or Dai-a.
So I thought you were considering picking up both games... Whatever happened to that?

This tourney is gonna be sweet! Everybody is comin. Teams is gonna be cool too cuz should be at least 6 good teams entering :)

wangston

Smash Lord
So I thought you were considering picking up both games... Whatever happened to that?

I'm working on it slowly and steadily. I should have went with kenny and yaz to you your place the other day but I had school work to catch up on. And it's a little hard to get back into melee it's such a step learning curve. I basically have to relearn everything, i feel really stupid when I start to play melee like brawl. They are so different and I've forgotten what works in melee.

C!Z

Smash Lord
I'm working on it slowly and steadily. I should have went with kenny and yaz to you your place the other day but I had school work to catch up on. And it's a little hard to get back into melee it's such a step learning curve. I basically have to relearn everything, i feel really stupid when I start to play melee like brawl. They are so different and I've forgotten what works in melee.
lol those flakes didn't come over either so it's cool either way. Yeah nobody said it was easy but it's worth it in the end.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
so it turns out there's a byu smash tourney on the 15th as well. I just found out about it today..
The only thing is MA is on the 15th so I dont think its worth it unless one of the dates changes and I think MA is a better choice between the 2 what with it haveing prizes better players and i won't be so worried about people telling me im going to hell other then the usual bunch =P.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Haha, I've already decided that MA is much more worthwhile to go to. It's going to be a noob tourney at BYU. The TO did get stuff off of smashboards though, so maybe it won't be a complete noob tourney, but I doubt it. The only reason I would go is to find more smashers for our smash scene.

BTW Spudzalot, those directions are to the PNT for the tourney on the 1st. I just realized I posted them in the MA thread, so I' just clearing that up so no one gets confused.

Wangtson, come play melee with me. I'm bored.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
haha if I go recruit, you, wangston, yaz, and whoever else is coming with me will be rideless. >_>

This tourney starts at noon though, so I could go recruit for like fifteen minutes lol. Or if FTS would want to hold up the tourney for a little bit longer, then I could do a little more recruiting before I leave, but I doubt he would want to do that.

C!Z

Smash Lord
lol boo what a ****ty place to recruit. Have more little momo kids who can't attend are a** ****** tourneys :laugh: Plus you're recruiting for the wrong game!

wangston

Smash Lord
Wangtson, come play melee with me. I'm bored.
Crump you chump you should have texted me or called me, I've wasted my day a way sitting on the computer doing nothing.

I might take one for the team and go recruit hahahhaha. I'm sorry but it would be too much fun to win the whole thing with my Captain Falcon. Ohhhh I can see it now. I will be called the smash god of BYU and I will have groupies and my own fan club. Everyone will think that Captain Falcon is top tier after I win, they will call Meta Knight a joke as I knee him across the stage.

C!Z

Smash Lord
Crump you chump you should have texted me or called me, I've wasted my day a way sitting on the computer doing nothing.

I might take one for the team and go recruit hahahhaha. I'm sorry but it would be too much fun to win the whole thing with my Captain Falcon. Ohhhh I can see it now. I will be called the smash god of BYU and I will have groupies and my own fan club. Everyone will think that Captain Falcon is top tier after I win, they will call Meta Knight a joke as I knee him across the stage.
Haha way to dream! How can you love Cap'n so much and not like him in Melee!? He's so much fun in Melee!

wangston

Smash Lord
Haha way to dream! How can you love Cap'n so much and not like him in Melee!? He's so much fun in Melee!
I don't know I never felt safe with him because he has no projectile. SHL was the best projectile in the game. When I start back up melee like seriously start playing it some time in the near future I will main him this time around instead of maining falco. I like Falcon in brawl because I have to work really hard to do anything remotely good with him. With meta I just have to push B really fast and then down smash like crazy hahahha yaz. Brawl Falcon really makes you work. But i'm for sure going to start picking up melee I'm not quite ready to play in MA or ToF melee tournament but I will for sure start doing more friendlies.

Dark Ryu

Smash Ace
I don't know I never felt safe with him because he has no projectile. SHL was the best projectile in the game. When I start back up melee like seriously start playing it some time in the near future I will main him this time around instead of maining falco. I like Falcon in brawl because I have to work really hard to do anything remotely good with him. With meta I just have to push B really fast and then down smash like crazy hahahha yaz. Brawl Falcon really makes you work. But i'm for sure going to start picking up melee I'm not quite ready to play in MA or ToF melee tournament but I will for sure start doing more friendlies.
Hey wangg can i pick you up some time?

Dai-A

Smash Journeyman
lol what if i want to recruit?
i could kill people with marios water

Dai Edit: Captain in melee is Amazing Wangston you should really pick him up.
Anyways so i heard there are new people in our scene?
im way to lazy to look. so ummm.... anyone that is a new smasher get back at me.
lol who ever doesnt have my number get it while you can. if you want :p
im really bored. so text me. (anybody it doesnt matter just tell me who you are or else i wont reply) *that means text me Corrupt*

801 471 8231

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I don't know I never felt safe with him because he has no projectile.
Wait a sec. Are you saying you won't use Falcon because he doesn't have a projectile in an offensive game like Melee, yet you don't care in Brawl regardless of it being a campy game?

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
I probably have a conflict on the 15th I totally forgot about. I will let you guys know tomorrow if I have to postpone the tournament to the 22nd. Sorry :(

Btw, Falcon can jump horizontally faster/farther than any projectile other than lasers...

wangston

Smash Lord
SHL was always a good approach it had just enough hit stun to get another move in. I also liked Falco's spike. Though Falcon has one at the nipples. Maybe it was just me but I thought it was harder to use Falcon than Falco.

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
I probably have a conflict on the 15th I totally forgot about. I will let you guys know tomorrow if I have to postpone the tournament to the 22nd. Sorry :(

Btw, Falcon can jump horizontally faster/farther than any projectile other than lasers...
Thats good cuz it turns out im the only one from Idaho coming now and the 22nd is better for me the only reason i said the 15th was because when other people from idaho that wanted to go all liked the 15th.

Jellyfishn

Smash Journeyman
Well if you postpone it, I guess that I will have to resort to going to that noob tournament here at BYU. If I win, they were ALL noobs.....xD

Junpappy

Smash Lord
With a name like Wangston, I dont see how you could main anyone OTHER than Captain Falcon. He's made of wang.

wangston

Smash Lord
Yeah if there is no MA on the 15th we are going have to own all the noobs. You have to use Captain Falcon or Squirtle and Mario and kill them with the water.

With a name like Wangston, I dont see how you could main anyone OTHER than Captain Falcon. He's made of wang.
ain't it the truth. hahaha fine. I'm for sure going to have to play melee. But you guys are going to have to keep me encouraged because it's such a steep learning curve and when all you played is brawl for the past 6 months it's going to be hard to break brawl habits.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Actually, now that I think about it, he said it was a hall sponsered tourney or something like that. I don't know how much they'd appreciate a bunch of random people showing up and eating their food.. I'll call him again tomorrow and ask him if people that don't go here can come.

Edit:

Sorry, I was studying for a test most of today. I was just bored and wanted a break, even though I knew I shouldn't haha.

Ohhhh I can see it now. I will be called the smash god of BYU and I will have groupies and my own fan club.
As of tonight, that title belongs to me :) I played for like fifteen minutes with a bunch of random kids and completely owned them all haha. And as every new person walked by they would say, "come watch this guy, he's unstoppable" lol. I even taught them all how to tech tonight haha. They now think of me as the all powerful, all knowlegeable smash player. :laugh:

Jellyfishn

Smash Journeyman
lol nice Kenny! I try to teach noobs to tech all the time, and they don't understand.... haha

and yeah Wangston, I have a hard time going back to melee too. I used to be pretty good, but brawl seriously ruined my entire melee game...

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
I just went to one of thei custom stages that was a box and you can never die haha. They got it soon enough.

And what's with people thinking that not playing melee makes you worse?? It only seemed to help me haha.

C!Z

Smash Lord
All it takes is a little practice to be able to play both. Especially since most of you don't WD and that was the weirdest thing for me to get use to.

I hope the tourney stays on the 15th.

Jellyfishn

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I can WD but haven't really put it into my playstyle yet, except for edgegaurding....

Top Bottom