• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UST 15 (Utah Melee Tournament - June)

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Remove PS1 and Delfino

Both of these stages change and have parts of the stage that put characters at a huge advantage or a disadvantage. Lylat's edges are annoying, but that stage is still neutral. Plus, it's really not that hard to not miss the ledge, you just have to know your character's recovery well.

Delfino has water that equals inescapable gimps if the other player doesn't mess up. It has parts with walls that lead to infinites. And then there is also a part without a grabbable ledge that completely screws over tether recoveries and reoveries with very little verticle rise.

And then PS1 has changes that allow for extreme camping where if the other player goes for them they are likely to recieve major damage or even being infinited on the wall. So the result of this is a whole minute of the match wasted because neither player is willing to approach the other. Plus, the edges on this stage are just as ********, if not more, than lylat's.

I don't see why either of these stages were considered neutral in the first place.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Yeah, those are the three that are currently under debate right now (and Lylat being the one that stays on as a neutral is winning [which I support, BTW]).

My theory on Pokémon Stadium being a neutral is that it was partially due to influence from Melee.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Delfino is far less neutral than lylat. If you miss the edge on lylat you deserve to miss it. All you have to do is control how close you DI to the stage before you do your up-b. It really isn't that hard to realize how close you can DI to the stage before you will get stuck under it. Just learn how to use your character.

That's the main reason people think it shouldn't be neutral. That and the fact that it slants. But the slant doesn't even effect the gameplay that much as it is.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
For me, I would pick Delfino and PS1. As much as I would like to keep Delfino and take out Lylat (because Lylat gimps me as often as it helps my recovery; Delfino has water that can save me :p) Lylat is the most "neutral" stage.

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
The reason i need new housing is because im on probation and my PO was having a ***** fit about how he thinks im just going to utah to party so i guess he is going to want to call the house i stay at at some random time early in he morning to make sure im there which will be kind of a pain so if people are still willing to house me let me know.

P.S.- He didn't like the place i was planning on staying because it's one of my friends that goes to U of U and i guess everyone who goes to any sort of university just spends all their time getting trashed

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
LOL What kind of logic is that?! I guess he must think High School drop-outs are better, because people who want to seek more education only do it to party... :laugh:

wangston

Smash Lord
CorruptFate is corrupt. You can't trust him. One day he has long hair and then the next it's short. He is what I would like to call a flip flopper. On top of all that he doesn't arrow loop. hahahha I kid, Fate is a good guy, it would be an honor to stay the night with him.

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
I use to party a lot and i got a DUI but i don't drink anymore. If you parents are fine with it that would be great. Basically my PO said he would probably do something like call way late a night to make sure im at you place by my curfew (10 PM lol)

C!Z

Smash Lord
I use to party a lot and i got a DUI but i don't drink anymore. If you parents are fine with it that would be great. Basically my PO said he would probably do something like call way late a night to make sure im at you place by my curfew (10 PM lol)
Of course you can stay with us Ryan.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
CorruptFate is corrupt. You can't trust him. One day he has long hair and then the next it's short. He is what I would like to call a flip flopper. On top of all that he doesn't arrow loop. hahahha I kid, Fate is a good guy, it would be an honor to stay the night with him.
So corrupt I got a new sig to show it.

It should be fine, but it looks like C!Z and CREA can so try that first, if that doesn't work for some reason then try me.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
no we do not.

but we can always use a shiek to beat on.

haha joking ;)
Hey, X, I've used Sheik at the tourneys before. I've used Sheik against your ICs and against DRyu in a friendly.
I've actually used Sheik several times...

Top Bottom