• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UST 15 (Utah Melee Tournament - June)

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
Who is going to play SF 3rd Strike this time? Who is coming at all? Who is bringing Wii's/Games? If anyone as a PS2 version of 3rd Strike bring it :) Why does everyone like melee more but not enough to enter the melee tournament?

Btw, I am going to try to do registration for all tournaments in the beginning. Have separate bills for each tournament, please. Let me know somehow if you will be late, but don't let this stop you from coming at all if you are going to be late and haven't told me (I may still be able to fit you in).

Don't spam in my tournament thread, ____ .

-Final-

Aria♪
I'm about 80% sure that I'll be able to come. If I can, then I can bring a wii and copy of brawl. And melee, if we need it.

I'll probably know if I can come by this Monday

C!Z

Smash Lord
Why does everyone like melee more but not enough to enter the melee tournament?
I was out of town last time. I will be attending all future Melee tourneys. Me and Burr have advanced quite a bit since most of you have seen since last time. So the Metagame here is getting better we just need more competitive players to get good and practice with. All you people that say you like it but suck at it need to practice more. Cuz if you like the game and you're not good at it then you have no idea how much more you'd love it when you pull off big crazy combos or just anything great. Melee is a sexy game! Me and Burr(ask Burr more though lol) are willing to give advice, so feel free to ask. I hope this isn't makin it sound like i'm amazing at the game so don't come expectin some pro out of me lol. IM just better than I use to be. Anyways just come play Melee :) We're also thinkin about holdin smash fests if people are interested so speak up.

C!Z

Smash Lord
when C!Z i might be interested
I thought you were movin away soon?
C!Z we would love melee smash fest's

and expect the whole mexi brigade to be joining the melee tournament FTS
Well we'd to know when you can get rides and what not and people rsvp'ing and actually coming. Me and Burr will be putting up a couple videos and hopefully you guys will like what you see and start playin some Melee ;) Oh and if you still play Melee at all Nate we would like to see you there as well.

Staz

Smash Lord
Well we'd to know when you can get rides and what not and people rsvp'ing and actually coming. Me and Burr will be putting up a couple videos and hopefully you guys will like what you see and start playin some Melee ;) Oh and if you still play Melee at all Nate we would like to see you there as well.
we could get rides, as long as you make sure the smash fest is gona happen,

and also i was talking to phil and khom the other day, he told me he was getting back into melee, so we should bring him back to the scene.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
I'm so happy the ___ nickname stuck. And ___, it's not like we want your attention anyway. You sort of demand it.

Waffle Can

Smash Apprentice
Yeah slave, you better not plan anything for the 16th otherwise me and eric'll kill you. :)

btw. who is our 4th man?

Junpappy

Smash Lord
Guys, Melee is seriously better. Don't be discouraged newcomers and noobs!! Me and C!Z joined the melee scene at least a year late and caught up with no trouble, and are now the best players in the state lol. If you're gonna practice to get better at smash, why not play the better game? Here are some videos that will hopefully inspire more people to play melee and show why
Melee is a sexy game!
Enjoy :)

Fox vs Falco 1
Fox vs Falco 2
Fox vs Falco 3
Fox vs Falco 4
Marth vs Falco 1
Marth vs Falco 2
Marth vs Falco 3

C!Z

Smash Lord
Woot I told you we'd get some videos up! These things take more effort than I thought lol So you guys should watch them and give some feedback cuz we'd like to know what you think. These are just some random friendlies we did last night so nothing too great but gives you an idea how skill level is goin up. The better and faster the skill level of players the funner the game is goin to be. The feeling of a crowd or friends cheering for an amazing combo in an intense match is what gaming is all about.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I might come to this tourney since I haven't been to Metal Awesome ever since May, or so? I'll bring a PS2 and SF III Third Strike if people still want to play it.

Gojira

Smash Lord
Woot I told you we'd get some videos up! These things take more effort than I thought lol So you guys should watch them and give some feedback cuz we'd like to know what you think. These are just some random friendlies we did last night so nothing too great but gives you an idea how skill level is goin up. The better and faster the skill level of players the funner the game is goin to be. The feeling of a crowd or friends cheering for an amazing combo in an intense match is what gaming is all about.

C!Z for like an hour I want to set aside our differences and try that fox of yours....looks like a fun fox to play =D. Maybe even do a money match vs you =O

Staz

Smash Lord
likeing teh vidz C!Z we defintly need to hit up melee soon.

Staz Edit:ive really been practicing melee alot and have been looking into alot of things like spacing, so id like to practice with anyone, that could anytime soon.

~S@G3~

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
SAGE#234
C!Z Crea your videos are sweet. and I share your pain about the videos. But one thing that you should know pretty much everyone who played melee now knows that it is better and likes it more now. But those who didnt really play melee will always like brawl better because well they can actually play it and sometimes win.

Gojira

Smash Lord
You are 100% right. People need to realize that even though they can actually play and win at brawl, in the long run Melee will end up being much more entertaining as well as rewarding when you win..

C!Z

Smash Lord
Well I'm glad they've got at least a little response lol. Yeah I'm down to play anybody, even you Zack. We should definitely set up a smash fest anytime soon. I'm free during the week more than the weekends but I can still make time for Smash during the day on the weekends and probably during the night if people really wanna play ;) I just want Utah to have some good Melee players and start holding decent tourneys. I know all you "vets" miss playin so people just start throwin out dates if you really feel like playin. Honestly Staz that's exactly what everyone should be practicing, Spacing and DI. Two of the best skills to have in Melee.

Thanks S@ge. BTW when are you guys leaving? Do you have time to come to a fest before you leave?

___X___

Smash Lord
yeahh, i love melee.
C!Z its time to ****,

and bring melee back!!!!
also we need to do more captain ditto MM's

haha thos are fun :D

i almost took YO MONEY!!
and i need to practice ALOT MORE in melee like ALOT.
so looks like we will be smashing with C!Z and jun alot more.

anways, congrats on david beating CO and winning first in brawl, i trust he will do the same in melee

Top Bottom