• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Usmash, Nair, or grab? which do u think is best/more efficient to use here?

JFizzle

Smash Apprentice
ok, ive been doing a lot of hardcore smashing as of late, so my Falcon is becoming unstoppable. i dont miss my full jumped AND blocked l-cancels and i can edgetech 99% of the time. hoping to get a few vids up soon.

anywho, onto the topic. i realize that when u combo someone, say Marth, with a Nair followed by an Uair at a low percentage, they get close to the ground in the air. from here, u have a few choices. u can run and Usmash, catch them with a grab, or continue the combo with Nair. i've done all three, but i was hoping some of the more experienced Falcons can give some input on which is more efficient to use. what does ur instinct tell u to do? what works best for u guys?

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
The Nair IMO

The Nair can lead into more aerial combos and come on Falcons fly...

Just Nair him again DI back Nair him again or continue the comboing until you can pop him with the Knee, congrats on the stock :)

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
whatever the situation and DI calls for

if there's no di punish with usmash to knee

if di away go for nair

if di towards you grab

or wahtever you feel will work best

always situational

JFizzle

Smash Apprentice
nice. depends on character, too. u cant Nair a fox at 80%+ unless u know he'll DI towards u. im guessing that grabbing would be the best general choice to guarantee continuing a combo on any character.

which do u guys think makes u look the coolest? which is the one that makes people say "OHHH!"?

JFizzle

Smash Apprentice
i fought a Falcon recently at my school. i stomped him and he DI'd forward, and i ran across the stage and caught him with my grab. i heard someone go OH! that felt pretty good lol. gotta try that Usmash > knee with an audience.

quick question about Doc. i cant use my edgeteching skills against the cape :(. does anyone know if u can grab the ledge if u do ur Up+B backwards, no matter when doc tries to cape u? like, can he cape u after u turn around to grab the ledge??

technomancer

Smash Champion
i fought a Falcon recently at my school. i stomped him and he DI'd forward, and i ran across the stage and caught him with my grab. i heard someone go OH! that felt pretty good lol. gotta try that Usmash > knee with an audience.

quick question about Doc. i cant use my edgeteching skills against the cape :(. does anyone know if u can grab the ledge if u do ur Up+B backwards, no matter when doc tries to cape u? like, can he cape u after u turn around to grab the ledge??
Beatin' the cape is a matter of sweetspotting, but then the B-air ***** ya.

If you do get caped, as soon as you see it coming, DI away from the stage, and you'll pop right on. It's sexy and pisses Doc players off.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
lmao, they all have TOTALLY different utilities and shouldn't be compared, IMO.

nair vs grab is sort of like the rock-paper-scissors of other fighting games of high/low/grab. both are VERY good approaches and very situational. for example grab is a better approach for doc, but nair is better for peach.

usmash can be used for priority/defensive purposes. small horizontal hitbox, but very damaging and it outprioritizes a lot of approaches (like ledgehops/ledge attacks.) it's used more cleverly than for pure utility... a mindgame move that sets up knees or combos.

JFizzle

Smash Apprentice
well, i did a few days ago. i just grab, cause the Nair and Usmash can be missed very easily. i saw a match where G-reg tried to Nair a Marth twice at low %. he ended up missing and ****ed up his combo. he still won though, lol.

but yea, for me, i grab from now on because its guaranteed to keep ur combo going. if they are at that level in the air, and within Falcons reach, a grab is a SURE way to continue/finish w/G-reg grab combos, whether they are fast-fallers or not.

Top Bottom