• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Using Zelda's nair effectively.

Phazonin

Smash Cadet
I feel like it's a really good move but I can never use it well. Any pointers when and why to use it?

FirebyrdXX

Smash Cadet
It's an ok move, but it's not so great when compared to her other aerials. Nair is best used at low percentages and during an opponents hitstun when they're above you, or after they airdodge. If the whole thing hits it does good damage but the problem is the move has bad priority and it's one of the few hitboxes that are actually on Zelda herself. It's good after successful dash attacks and when they're standing on a permeable ledge above you like Battlefield. Do no use the move in an airfight as you'll usually lose.

D

Deleted member

down throw > nair

nair > B

i use the nair a lot at low %'s because it sucks people in

Villi

Smash Lord
The only time it's really safe offensively is when someone is hiding out in their sheild on a platform and you wanna eat it up a little bit before trying to shield stab an uair.

You could also jump out of shield and do it. You can either do that or Naryu's Love depending on if you want them to end up in front of you or behind you. It's safer than Naryu's Love, tho, cause it doesn't kill your momentum and you can nair to safety.

There's usually another option than a nair in a given situation that's a better option. *shrug* It's sort of just there to use when you wanna be surrounded by pretty sparkles. I use it in my victory dance and that's about it. lol

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
ShortHop - N-air - FastFall+Towards opponent. When she moves really fast it's hard to get around it. Afterwards, Hyphen-Smash >> F-air/B-air/Din/U-air.

So, SHFFN-air > Hyphen-Smash > Any Aerial or Din.

Phazonin

Smash Cadet
There's usually another option than a nair in a given situation that's a better option. *shrug* It's sort of just there to use when you wanna be surrounded by pretty sparkles. I use it in my victory dance and that's about it. lol
Pretty sparkles.... haha. Nice.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
Some of you guys have written off Nair too early. The priority is really bad in some matchups, but it's really good in other matchups. You just have to learn which ones to use nair a lot in, and which ones you shouldn't.

For example, i think Wario doesn't do well against Nair.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
when the person i am fighting tries to recover low i sometimes fall off the stage and nair them hooping it will send them away from the stage and it sometimes works (sometimes it sends them on the stage). anyway it can be usefull this way but i suggest you practice this before you use it in a tourny match or a money match.

if you can up-B back on the stage you are doing it wrong

goodkid

Smash Lord
Abuse air dodgers with this move, its also a good damage builder, and good to jump-out of shield with like Villi said.

S2

Smash Lord
I agree that it's easy to write off the move, but it does have its strengths

1.) Lasts longer than her other aerials and it doesn't need to be sweetspotted

2.) Very low landing lag.

Now I'll agree that there are a lot of characters where n-air isn't going to be your greatest offensive option, but hear me out.

You can basically substitute n-air in after/before other aerials, upon landing, etc. Unless you need to airdodge, n-air's hitbox is better than simply being in the air doing nothing.

It may not be super effective or powerful, but it's safe. Has little lag, can eat at a low shields, or knock away opponent getting too close.

xNinjaOfChaosx

Smash Rookie
I now use Nair in a combo that I saw in Playing With Fire. It's a nice follow up from a low % USmash, and you can usually land a Din's after the Nair, and possibly follow up on the Din's with another USmash or UAir.

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
I use it to rack up a little damage. If your opponent is tall, you can use it when coming in close. But other than that, the options are limited. I use it mainly when they are on a platform above me. That's pretty much the safest time to use it.

Top Bottom