• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Using Guardian Orbitars

a Link to the Forums

Smash Journeyman
Recently I've been doing some testing with Pit's down-b Guardian Orbitars and found something that might come in useful. As you probably know, Pit and Dark Pit's down-b Guradian Orbitars have a windbox that push opponents away a short distance. At first I tested with the gimping potential of it and, in short, it doesn't work. The push back is so weak that opponents will have no sweat getting back to the stage.

But then I took it the other way around. Instead of stopping others from recovering I used it to help myself recover. It works much better. You don't revieve any hitstun or damage while they are activated so you are pretty much invincible and they come out/end reasonably fast. If someone is chasing you in the air and you want to get back down then Guardian Orbitars are a very viable option.

Something that should be learnt from this is that Guardian Orbitars are overwhelmingly more suited for defence over offence. Pit has many great edgeguarding/gimping options to go for that are much better options than the orbitars.

Edit: This thread is meant to discuss the use of the orbitars. So discuss.

Edit 2: Okay, let me clear. Orbitars can gimp (see @ ReRaze ReRaze below) but I would recommend use sparingly as their gimp potential is lacking.

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
They can gimp certain moves, such as Fox and Mac's Uspecials,

But yes, the main use in most matchups is guarding in the air. Typically I'll use them and fly past the ledge so they can't punish the endlag. It's worth noting you'll slide when you hit the ground with them, so you can bait people into dash attacking you while you're safe off the side.

SharpEdge

Smash Rookie
I haven't worked up the nerve to use the Orbitars to gimp despite being told how effective it is.

Aparently from this it isn't. Honestly I didn't want to risk falling while using that.

But using it for getting back down to the stage is always viable. It reflects with good coverage underneath Pit much better than above Pit.

a Link to the Forums

Smash Journeyman
I haven't worked up the nerve to use the Orbitars to gimp despite being told how effective it is.

Aparently from this it isn't. Honestly I didn't want to risk falling while using that.

But using it for getting back down to the stage is always viable. It reflects with good coverage underneath Pit much better than above Pit.
Most of my opponents have been CPUs but they have no trouble getting back stage even with the orbitars activated. I haven't done enough testing to make sure they can gimp at least one character. The only moment where I think gimping using them works is if the opponent uses their up-b too high and lost momentum from it (like Marth or Mario's for example). That's a possible moment you can gimp them but I'm not really sure.

They can gimp certain moves, such as Fox and Mac's Uspecials,

But yes, the main use in most matchups is guarding in the air. Typically I'll use them and fly past the ledge so they can't punish the endlag. It's worth noting you'll slide when you hit the ground with them, so you can bait people into dash attacking you while you're safe off the side.
Like I said before, Pit has a lot of edgeguarding tools to work with that are much more reliable and against Fox and Little Mac I find the orbitars unnecessary to gimp because they can be gimped more easily than most other fighters.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Most of my opponents have been CPUs but they have no trouble getting back stage even with the orbitars activated. I haven't done enough testing to make sure they can gimp at least one character. The only moment where I think gimping using them works is if the opponent uses their up-b too high and lost momentum from it (like Marth or Mario's for example). That's a possible moment you can gimp them but I'm not really sure.

Like I said before, Pit has a lot of edgeguarding tools to work with that are much more reliable and against Fox and Little Mac I find the orbitars unnecessary to gimp because they can be gimped more easily than most other fighters.
I'd rather use the GOs instead of a Dair on Mac's recovery myself, but I get the point. We just need to understand how it interacts with other moves better.

But yeah, I usually gimp people who recover too high.

Kibzu~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KirambazToKibz
3DS FC
4296-2971-4840
I was gonna post a topic about this but yep its done. . lol its not really that good but its useful for a un expected gimp if you see a pattern of the player not sweet spotting the ledge. Works on little macs up b and ect but ye. .

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
Who says you can't gimp with the Guardian orbitars!
Here are some videos (without sound soz :s)

Gimping Lucina
Gimping Greninja
Gimping Shulk
(I normally use it when my oppenent thinks im going in for an attack and they try to hit me with their recovery)

You can even kill greninja with the Guardian Orbitars lol

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Hmm, I know Mario and Dr. Mario can do something similar with their capes, but I wonder if Palutena's Reflect Barrier can do the same thing - I think there's an in-game tip implying it does.

Kibzu~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KirambazToKibz
3DS FC
4296-2971-4840
Who says you can't gimp with the Guardian orbitars!
Here are some videos (without sound soz :s)

Gimping Lucina
Gimping Greninja
Gimping Shulk
(I normally use it when my oppenent thinks im going in for an attack and they try to hit me with their recovery)

You can even kill greninja with the Guardian Orbitars lol
Thats silly. they are not sweet spoting the ledge so in competitive play its not useful apart from greninja/mac and such but lucina. .

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
Thats silly. they are not sweet spoting the ledge so in competitive play its not useful apart from greninja/mac and such but lucina. .
This is against my brother so I can tell you why he didnt sometimes try sweet spot the ledge. For shulk he thought i would go in for an attack so he did his up b earlier. Same for Lucina. Greninja tried to go above me because if he tried to come from the side pit could get him with a down smash or forward smash and if he tried to come from below..well he still gets gimped. These were mainly due to miss predictions. This probably wont have much use in competitive play but still Guardian orbitars CAN gimp lol

a Link to the Forums

Smash Journeyman
This is against my brother so I can tell you why he didnt sometimes try sweet spot the ledge. For shulk he thought i would go in for an attack so he did his up b earlier. Same for Lucina. Greninja tried to go above me because if he tried to come from the side pit could get him with a down smash or forward smash and if he tried to come from below..well he still gets gimped. These were mainly due to miss predictions. This probably wont have much use in competitive play but still Guardian orbitars CAN gimp lol
Okay yes they CAN gimp people but it's just unreliable. A lot of the time in my experience the opponent can easily get past and actually HELPS their recovery a lot of the time because the orbitars push them further (Just look at how much higher lucina's dolphin slash goes in your vid). Also, your bro didn't sweetspot the ledge. The orbitars don't stop one from reaching and sweetspoting the ledge. They can gimp but are very situational to land one successfully so their offensive potential is kinda lacking.

More testing is needed to be sure but this is pretty much what I'm getting.

Last edited:

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
Okay yes they CAN gimp people but it's just unreliable. A lot of the time in my experience the opponent can easily get past and actually HELPS their recovery a lot of the time because the orbitars push them further (Just look at how much higher lucina's dolphin slash goes in your vid). Also, your bro didn't sweetspot the ledge. The orbitars don't stop one from reaching and sweetspoting the ledge. They can gimp but are very situational to land one successfully so their offensive potential is kinda lacking.

-Everything you said above is true, they are unreliable and situational, probably not that good for competitive use (unless your against ness lol). but they are just a fun unexpected way to gimp (if you have the oppurtunity like i did in the videos). Also if my memory doesnt decieve me....you can stop people sweetspotting the ledge if you have a stage with walls e,g mushroom kingdom and they are below you (again dont take my word for this) as this will push them outwards and away from the ledge as they recover (if it doesnt push them up instead, as u said this needs more testing :p)
ps. I know he didnt sweetspot the ledge because he was aiming for me not the ledge. also that extra height didnt really make up for the horizontal distance lucina lost and this isnt the only time ive gimped lucina with orbitars)

Omegascizor456

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aldog12
3DS FC
2449-5093-2142
The orbiters and the capes for Mario are the two best reflecting moves in smash history ad I have been trying to master them so hard but they are very hard to master and use to there max potential but once I do they will be very competitively deadly strategy!

Kibzu~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KirambazToKibz
3DS FC
4296-2971-4840
Yes

Thats what i mean.
IT CAN Gimp but its silly. also your brother is kinda stupid for atking with an recovery. if your coming in from stage ur defending rather then offensive. this is just 1 small thing that can barley improve ur style of play.

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
Doing this against greninja is a bit tricky because of how he can angle his up b, but for mac and ness it's fairly easy.

Heck, if little mac is recovering low and tries to up b, you can just down b while standing at the ledge and it can push him away as he's coming up (couldn't get the cpu to do it so it's not in the vid and I didn't have anyone to do it for me at the time).

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
Yes

Thats what i mean.
IT CAN Gimp but its silly. also your brother is kinda stupid for atking with an recovery. if your coming in from stage ur defending rather then offensive. this is just 1 small thing that can barley improve ur style of play.
Well when I play as pit i tend to be offensive as Pit's offstage game is pretty good. Also it wasnt that stupid to use his recoveries as an attack because if tried to defend in any other way he probably could not have made it back and if he air dodged or something ..lets just use shulk as an example. say I was coming in for a dair from above him. If he used his up b he could hit me and make it back to the ledge. If he used another attack he probably could not have made it back due to the time of shulks attacks. Air dodging was pointless in the position he was in as he probably could not have made it back and I could still pressure him afterwards. He didnt have any more jumps either. If you think its stupid then what would you have done? Using his Up B to fend me off was a pretty good option because if I didnt use the GO he would have hit me away giving him a chance to get back on to the stage. He just didnt expect the GO which was why I was able to gimp him

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Normal GOs reflect projectiles at 1.5x, amplifying at 2x.

Also, I've made an astounding discovery: You recover from using either much faster when they're broken then putting them away manually. You are also invincible to the attack that struck you. Basically, imagine a counter without the attack. Doesn't work on multi hit attacks though.

Kibzu~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KirambazToKibz
3DS FC
4296-2971-4840
Well when I play as pit i tend to be offensive as Pit's offstage game is pretty good. Also it wasnt that stupid to use his recoveries as an attack because if tried to defend in any other way he probably could not have made it back and if he air dodged or something ..lets just use shulk as an example. say I was coming in for a dair from above him. If he used his up b he could hit me and make it back to the ledge. If he used another attack he probably could not have made it back due to the time of shulks attacks. Air dodging was pointless in the position he was in as he probably could not have made it back and I could still pressure him afterwards. He didnt have any more jumps either. If you think its stupid then what would you have done? Using his Up B to fend me off was a pretty good option because if I didnt use the GO he would have hit me away giving him a chance to get back on to the stage. He just didnt expect the GO which was why I was able to gimp him
Air dodge m8. pressure = Air dodge . not that hard

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
He couldve air dodged but as I said it was risky considering the position he was in and if he air dodged I could still continue to edge guard him. If he hit me with his up b he would break my edge guard. It was a pretty good option he just didnt see guardian orbitars coming. Speaking of which lets get back to talking about using the Guardian Orbitars we are leaning way off track here now XD

Last edited:

a Link to the Forums

Smash Journeyman
But if he airdodged then Lucina would have a chance to get back to stage. Attacking with Lucina's recovery isn't that bad of an option. It can fend off Pit so she could recover. He's lucky the GOs did work and gimped her. Anywho, this isn't the thread for it.

Okay, we;ve been talking about gimping for a while with the orbitars and the only character I can absolutely say works on is Ness. Here's how:
  • The windbox can blow Ness away from the PSI thunder
  • The orbitars can reflect the PSI thunder making it so Ness cannot control it anymore
  • The orbitars colide with rocket making Ness's rocket distance less than what it would have been and you don't take any damage & knockback.
Here is a video of Nairo gimping NAKAT's Ness using DPit's GOs.

Kibzu~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KirambazToKibz
3DS FC
4296-2971-4840
Dude. using an recovery to get back on stage is so silly.

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
@ Kibzu~ Kibzu~ "Using an recovery to get back on stage is so silly"
Bahahahahaha you have no idea how silly that sounds :p. Anyways I get what you mean, thats your opinion though and I can respect why you probably think its silly to do so but everyone has a different style of play. Getting back to Guardian orbitars.

They can reflect projectiles as you 'Fall' on the projectile which is pretty cool. Does this mean that pit is invulnerable underneath and above the guardian orbitars? like what if someone directly hit pit while his orbitars are out (without making any contact with the shields themselves) will he get hit. Also pits amplifying orbitars dont have the push effect and people can get right inside your shields...can they hit you? :o

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Haha, not bad. I've only ever managed to edge-guard the idiot CPU Villager who try to recovery with their Lloid Rocket with those Orbitars. I guess I might want to start practicing for the occasional battle against Ness.

I think it's worth noting that Dark Pit's custom move, Impact Orbitars, are also very good at edge guarding off stage. You only get a brief moment, but they have enough knockback to gimp basically anyone. Unfortunately the Knocback doesn't scale, so it can't be used as a KO move on-stage, the damage is unimpressive, and you lose a valuable reflector, but it's still very interesting to play around with. I've gimped a CPU Pikachu at around 20% with that custom before twice in the same battle.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Haha, not bad. I've only ever managed to edge-guard the idiot CPU Villager who try to recovery with their Lloid Rocket with those Orbitars. I guess I might want to start practicing for the occasional battle against Ness.

I think it's worth noting that Dark Pit's custom move, Impact Orbitars, are also very good at edge guarding off stage. You only get a brief moment, but they have enough knockback to gimp basically anyone. Unfortunately the Knocback doesn't scale, so it can't be used as a KO move on-stage, the damage is unimpressive, and you lose a valuable reflector, but it's still very interesting to play around with. I've gimped a CPU Pikachu at around 20% with that custom before twice in the same battle.
Can it stage spike at all? And how much KB we talking about here?

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Can it stage spike at all? And how much KB we talking about here?
It doesn't spike, but it throws an opponent pretty far out.

https://www.wevideo.com/hub/?mediaId=268037055
This is just a little video I made, just to keep on record after replays are destroyed by the patch. The first time, Pikachu was gimped at 24%. The second time, it was 27%. Ignore the bad rolling habits, I'm still pretty new to this competitive thing.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
It doesn't spike, but it throws an opponent pretty far out.

https://www.wevideo.com/hub/?mediaId=268037055
This is just a little video I made, just to keep on record after replays are destroyed by the patch. The first time, Pikachu was gimped at 24%. The second time, it was 27%. Ignore the bad rolling habits, I'm still pretty new to this competitive thing.
No, stage spiking is hitting the opponent into the side of a slanted stage, sending them downward. Might be tricky with that angle, though.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
No, stage spiking is hitting the opponent into the side of a slanted stage, sending them downward.
Ooooooooooooooooooooh.

See, I told you I'm new at this competitive stuff. Still trying to wrap all this vocabulary around my head.

Last edited:

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Pit's GOs are a bit like Wing Shoving from Brawl. It's possible, but only feasible under strange circumstances. Such as an opponent being stuck under the stage.

I've only studied the game from afar though. Refusing to touch the 3DS version out of a combination of spite and self loathing.

Kibzu~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KirambazToKibz
3DS FC
4296-2971-4840
@ Kibzu~ Kibzu~ "Using an recovery to get back on stage is so silly"
Bahahahahaha you have no idea how silly that sounds :p. Anyways I get what you mean, thats your opinion though and I can respect why you probably think its silly to do so but everyone has a different style of play. Getting back to Guardian orbitars.

They can reflect projectiles as you 'Fall' on the projectile which is pretty cool. Does this mean that pit is invulnerable underneath and above the guardian orbitars? like what if someone directly hit pit while his orbitars are out (without making any contact with the shields themselves) will he get hit. Also pits amplifying orbitars dont have the push effect and people can get right inside your shields...can they hit you? :o
Meant using a recovery to atk from off stage*

Beethro

Smash Cadet
NNID
dernCereal
3DS FC
2621-3736-4780
people using their up-b's early to intercept my dumb predictable edgeguards works 100% of the time against me. mario and marcina especially since the up-bs are borderline instant. also link and samus and maybe a few others. that guy wasnt just bein an idjit lol its an actual strategy.

anyway

this would be like the best move ever if it only came out a little sooner lol. oh well i guess thats why it just doesnt come out a little sooner hah

it is the #1 freeest punish on a megaman f smash from the moment they start charging it. and i havent gotten to play the matchup much but i remember it really being helpful against duck hunt iirc? like i remember it sending the can flying back at him and also it saved me from a few smashes. and its fun to reflect pika thunders

anyway heres some stuff i came up with that might be cool to look for if you wanna research but cant think of anything to look for (that i cant personally test cause only one copy):

does anyone know what it takes to BREAK THE ORBITARS? i dont believe theres much that does it in a single hit and people usually dont hit you twice while theyre out lol. how do HIGH SHIELD DAMAGE MOVES like marcina shield breaker, jiggs pound, and dk headbutt affect it?

what olimar moves does it reflect? and how does it effect luma stuff? phantom? wario bike? as far as projectile-interacting goes, those always seem to be the ANOMALIES. maybe even gnw bucket and charizard rock smash?

maybe like bowser down-b, yoshi down b, kirby down-b, and dedede up-b would be nice to know what happens when they land on you, im not 100% sure what the AFTERSHOCKS are considered. also they are are also all high shield damage moves so two for one.

MOVES THAT ARE AFFECTED BY SHIELDS, like charizard flare blitz, peach's side-b, shiek's down-b, greninja's dair, zss's down-b, villager riding his side-b might be worth looking into? im not sure what GO's is technically considered so maybe theres some notable interaction here?

some COMMAND GRABS maybe? like who might run up and command grab you only to get pushed away by the wind box and whiff. i know a lot of regular grabs seem to whiff and its always funny to see that stuff so yeah diddy's side-b comes to mind, also bowser's side-b, kirby and dedede's inhale, yoshi tongue, lucario force palm (that one could be really useful lol), wario bite, ganon side-b. id mostly think this is useful to know for knowing who it is unsafe to use GO on the other projectiles/moves of (like is it worth reflecting that banana or blocking that f smash when they have such an easy response)

also some PROJECTILE DIRECTIONS respond weirdly when reflected. pika's thunder is the example coming to mind: it never changes direction, only ownership. and im having trouble imagining a somethin like a villager bowling ball going straight up. a few other stuff like megaman dair, gale boomerang, pacman's fire hydrant while its descending, his bell, bowizard neutral b, elwind, rob's weak&instant laser, thoron, and again lucario force palm. i can confirm that megaman's uair does infact turn around and go straight down but it doesnt cause flinching and it does very little damage so whatever.

and then yea i didnt know how it affected WINDBOXES, and then i saw that greninja thing and now im intrigued so yea windboxes like fludd, gale boomerang, hydro pump, fire hydrant, etc.

also does anyone know how it affects actual ITEM-TYPE PROJECTILES? like bowjr's mechakoopas and rob's gyro, and bananas come to mind.like can you just drop on those with GO's while theyre out and grounded to convert them to pit's team? or would it only work while theyre being tossed? i dunno

and then just what pushes pit back while GOing, what pushes people away while pit's GOing, what is safe to GO because of the PUSHBACK. dk's ground slap brought this to mind, im wondering how it interacts with that.

also ive been curious how it affects KO PUNCH since the pax demo but have never been able to test it D:

and then some MISC PROJECTILES to test for that im generally unsure about: duck hunt down-b, gale boomerang, pk fire 7 arc fire, (mainly does it have useful distance if you reflect the inert hitbox and can you drop on the active pillar to just convert it to yours (arcthunder's X too for that matter))

and then how does it interact with ike's quickdraw is somethin id like to know. im gettin images in my head of it shooting him past you if he over shoots but idk if that is what actually happens. lucario's up-b as well, and i dunno maybe wario's charged waft (particularly the rising wario himself) or somethin?, and maybe some others. those moves just feel like there might be some weird interaction with the windbox or the ledge or somethin who knows lol.

also i have no idea what any customs do so use your imagination with those

anyway yea im sure in practice GOing a lot of those moves is gonna end up wasting more time than its worth if anything, but yea i didnt wanna see this thread peter out so i just listed everything i could think of that might have a weird interaction with GOs to give y'all somethin to think about. its a weird unique move and knowing our way around it is probably gonna be useful at some point or another in the long run.

Last edited:

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
i think it takes two stronger hits to break orbitars e.g two swings of links swords (not including jab)

Beethro

Smash Cadet
NNID
dernCereal
3DS FC
2621-3736-4780
i might clean that post up later for easier viewing lol. ideally when im not supposed to be working hah

im wondering what the threshold for "stronger hits" is like bowser's dtilt both hits does like 27% or somethin nuts like that so yea, or maybe its a knockback threshold idk

but yea that is nice to know, and i dont recall it ever breaking in one hit so yea cool i think that checks out

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
people using their up-b's early to intercept my dumb predictable edgeguards works 100% of the time against me. mario and marcina especially since the up-bs are borderline instant. also link and samus and maybe a few others. that guy wasnt just bein an idjit lol its an actual strategy.

anyway

this would be like the best move ever if it only came out a little sooner lol. oh well i guess thats why it just doesnt come out a little sooner hah

it is the #1 freeest punish on a megaman f smash from the moment they start charging it. and i havent gotten to play the matchup much but i remember it really being helpful against duck hunt iirc? like i remember it sending the can flying back at him and also it saved me from a few smashes. and its fun to reflect pika thunders

anyway heres some stuff i came up with that might be cool to look for if you wanna research but cant think of anything to look for (that i cant personally test cause only one copy):

does anyone know what it takes to BREAK THE ORBITARS? i dont believe theres much that does it in a single hit and people usually dont hit you twice while theyre out lol. how do HIGH SHIELD DAMAGE MOVES like marcina shield breaker, jiggs pound, and dk headbutt affect it?

what olimar moves does it reflect? and how does it effect luma stuff? phantom? wario bike? as far as projectile-interacting goes, those always seem to be the ANOMALIES. maybe even gnw bucket and charizard rock smash?

maybe like bowser down-b, yoshi down b, kirby down-b, and dedede up-b would be nice to know what happens when they land on you, im not 100% sure what the AFTERSHOCKS are considered. also they are are also all high shield damage moves so two for one.

MOVES THAT ARE AFFECTED BY SHIELDS, like charizard flare blitz, peach's side-b, shiek's down-b, greninja's dair, zss's down-b, villager riding his side-b might be worth looking into? im not sure what GO's is technically considered so maybe theres some notable interaction here?

some COMMAND GRABS maybe? like who might run up and command grab you only to get pushed away by the wind box and whiff. i know a lot of regular grabs seem to whiff and its always funny to see that stuff so yeah diddy's side-b comes to mind, also bowser's side-b, kirby and dedede's inhale, yoshi tongue, lucario force palm (that one could be really useful lol), wario bite, ganon side-b. id mostly think this is useful to know for knowing who it is unsafe to use GO on the other projectiles/moves of (like is it worth reflecting that banana or blocking that f smash when they have such an easy response)

also some PROJECTILE DIRECTIONS respond weirdly when reflected. pika's thunder is the example coming to mind: it never changes direction, only ownership. and im having trouble imagining a somethin like a villager bowling ball going straight up. a few other stuff like megaman dair, gale boomerang, pacman's fire hydrant while its descending, his bell, bowizard neutral b, elwind, rob's weak&instant laser, thoron, and again lucario force palm. i can confirm that megaman's uair does infact turn around and go straight down but it doesnt cause flinching and it does very little damage so whatever.

and then yea i didnt know how it affected WINDBOXES, and then i saw that greninja thing and now im intrigued so yea windboxes like fludd, gale boomerang, hydro pump, fire hydrant, etc.

also does anyone know how it affects actual ITEM-TYPE PROJECTILES? like bowjr's mechakoopas and rob's gyro, and bananas come to mind.like can you just drop on those with GO's while theyre out and grounded to convert them to pit's team? or would it only work while theyre being tossed? i dunno

and then just what pushes pit back while GOing, what pushes people away while pit's GOing, what is safe to GO because of the PUSHBACK. dk's ground slap brought this to mind, im wondering how it interacts with that.

also ive been curious how it affects KO PUNCH since the pax demo but have never been able to test it D:

and then some MISC PROJECTILES to test for that im generally unsure about: duck hunt down-b, gale boomerang, pk fire 7 arc fire, (mainly does it have useful distance if you reflect the inert hitbox and can you drop on the active pillar to just convert it to yours (arcthunder's X too for that matter))

and then how does it interact with ike's quickdraw is somethin id like to know. im gettin images in my head of it shooting him past you if he over shoots but idk if that is what actually happens. lucario's up-b as well, and i dunno maybe wario's charged waft (particularly the rising wario himself) or somethin?, and maybe some others. those moves just feel like there might be some weird interaction with the windbox or the ledge or somethin who knows lol.

also i have no idea what any customs do so use your imagination with those

anyway yea im sure in practice GOing a lot of those moves is gonna end up wasting more time than its worth if anything, but yea i didnt wanna see this thread peter out so i just listed everything i could think of that might have a weird interaction with GOs to give y'all somethin to think about. its a weird unique move and knowing our way around it is probably gonna be useful at some point or another in the long run.

Ill try and answer some of your questions lol. Somebody please correct me if im wrong these are my assumptions with some background experience.

The orbitars seem to break for me when hit by two moves with decent knockback so...yes like bowsers down tilt. Probably not multihit attacks unless you somehow manage to get the last hit twice. Greninjas up smash also breaks the shields one hit ko from the top (as it hits twice....strongly). I dont think shield breaker will break the orbitars one hit ko

The shields do reflect luma back at Rosalina. It reflects zelda's phantom. Heck im pretty sure it will reflect Villagers falling tree (considering villager can store it). It probably does not reflect gnw bucket if the oil works like it did in brawl.
I think villagers bowling ball will NOT go straight up lol not really sure how to test if it will change ownership though.
Gale boomerang passes right through the shield and goes back to link/toon link and does what it would do to you, to them but x1.5.
It does reflect duck hunt dogs down b (kills the gunner dude). It reflects pk fire but doesnt make up for the distance i think, same with forcepalm, if lucario is too far away it wont reflect at the same distance (e.g it will probably hit him if you are right beside him as he forcepalms you). Same for charizard flamethrower.

Moves affected by shields will act like they normally do except Villagers, he will be reflected while still riding his rocket and at the end it explodes and damages him (xD) .

Command grabs stall against your shield I think or they get pushed out and cant reach you. If they dont have lag time after doing so they can easily punish you after that.

It affects windboxes by changing ownership of them i think for example..check my above videos of gimping greninja. Gale boomerangs windbox pushes link when it returns to him.

Item type projectiles.....bowsers mechakoopa thingamajig just stops walking and explodes against your shield if held long enough if my memory is correct. Like robs gyro, if thrown im pretty sure it is reflected.

Pit has priority in pushing people. They CANNOT. push him but they can go through his windbox i believe (more often above it)

I can confirm that it does affect lucarios up b wierdly. He kinda stalls for a bit then goes further than he normally does. (Made a lucario fall off the stage with this). Im not sure about ike but probably not unless he is in his helpless phase.

The things i didnt answer are the things im really unsure of. Then again please correct me if im wrong in anything i said above.

Top Bottom