• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Usefulness of SWD

chu12ch

Smash Journeyman
i've been trying to incorporate it into my game but can only do a couple things...
what different ways do you guys use to set up the swd, and what effective things do you during, and after...

Mars-

Smash Champion
I like to SWD to show off. But the only real use is for traveling from one side of the stage to the other. Usually this is after you hit them the wrong way or after you get a kill (you should be charging up first though).

Deveyus

Smash Cadet
No NO NO!!! Thy'll find me if I tell you.
Realistically, other than running from a respawned opponent or just plain catching people off guard, it useless, hugs really said it, quit wasting time, go learn a flashy tech thats useful, like the repeated missle cancels on stadium/battlefield, save the super for after you can regularly fourstock every other samus player in existence.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
I hate the SWD, too easy to guard against and too hard to do. ftilt destroys an SWD approach without too much effort.

also, X2X and majoras, where'd you get those sigs?

Watty

Smash Lord
tis true what hugs said there are muhc better approaches, only thing that is of any use IMO is that you knock some1 at high percents across the stage (a big stage) they dont do but are off the edgfe so u SWD over there. Thats it and even they I can WD over there just as good or jump and shoot missles or do a bunch of other things that would be just as useful as just getting over there fast

Sm00th_Crim1nal

Smash Ace
The SWD is mainly used for catching someone off guard or rapid movement. Realistically its near useless and other people want Samus players to waste time on learning it so we stay in the skill ghettos.

Cronius

Smash Apprentice
Couldn't you do a sweeping kick (smash-down-A (someone tell me the technical term for this move)) in the middle of the SWD and kick anything on the stage? Haven't tried it yet, but it seems like it could work. Comments?

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
It's only useful if you can make it useful..if you can't...don't bother.

majoras.

Smash Journeyman
I hate the SWD, too easy to guard against and too hard to do. ftilt destroys an SWD approach without too much effort.

also, X2X and majoras, where'd you get those sigs?
i did mine, heres the link to my shop!
OH! i dont have a shop

Corigames

Smash Hero
Couldn't you do a sweeping kick (smash-down-A (someone tell me the technical term for this move)) in the middle of the SWD and kick anything on the stage? Haven't tried it yet, but it seems like it could work. Comments?
I did it today: sometimes it hits, sometimes it goes right by them without hurting. I would go with a charge shot, missile, fsmash, usmash (which does hit a lot of people who aren't really short), and taunting <--- mindgames ;)

joshisrad

Smash Lord
It's nice to get away from respawn if they're right above you.
I think the most interesting thing about it is that it's very easy to fail and is very apparent when you are going for it. If your opponent advances, and you start to SWD but purposefully mis-time it.. maybe more than once, interesting psychological(mindgame) trick perhaps? It's worked for me. Then I have more space for missiles.

Top Bottom