• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Useful K.O. move

KayJay

Smash Ace
NNID
KayJay84
3DS FC
1848-1677-7521
I don't know if this was discussed allready but you can actually do a flashy looking killing move:

Dash attack -> U-Special -> U-Air

You can see that move in this Video at 01:12
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4GGuRDQShw

In my opinion this makes Sonic way better because this move is so fast, many people won't understand whats happening and whoops byebye enemy's stock.

ReiGun

Smash Cadet
Wow. That was actually pretty cool.

Edit: Upon further viewing, I've determined that was actually really cool.:laugh: Thanks for the vid.

R4ZE

Smash Ace
haha wow, and yet again i thought i knew all of sonic's moves, and i find out about a new one. Thanks!

I'll be sure to incorperate this trick into my sonic asap.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Haha, nice spring setup. You do it on a Marth at 1:26-130, too.

I haven't tested it, but looking at that, I'm gonna go with the numbers on the video:

115-120%: Early dash attack (late/middle hit) [] > Spring [] > U/B-air
it looks like they can DI out of it, not sure if they can attack, but spring should probably cancel their attack.
like most spring setups, it kinda relies on screwing with their button input (like MK Tornado>Spring>Side-B lol), and it looks like they're likely to do a f-air from it.

One problem with spring setups where you use spring while being next to your opponent is that they actually can attack as soon as you create the spring, while you're stuck in your smiley state until around the top - there's a period of vulnerability during the spring jump where you can't airdodge or attack, but they can :[

@.@ but it's still a cool move, can I add that to the finishing moves thread?

MuBa

Smash Lord
1.Ya know...after looking at some good vids I've noticed that Sonic has more potential than meets the average eye.

2. If it wasn't for his crap priority he would have been much higher on the tier list.

3. I wanna 2nd Sonic now :)

Shadow5YA

Smash Cadet
The dash attack can be DIed away from the spring. Nice setup, but this relies heavily on mindgames. Since it's not their spring, they can begin attacking before you can, so you have to hope to god that they don't do an airdodge or nair out of reflex before you begin your uair.

FrostByte

Smash Lord
This is really creative. I'm not sure if they can actually attack you out of the spring because of the invincibility frames it has while going up.

I wonder how useful upb out of shield would be for people who like to attack through you.

rehab

Smash Journeyman
A sonic main has done this to me routinely for a month or so. It's escapable with all the people I've used while playing him, which includes some slow characters, but dang if it doesn't take you by surprise.

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
Well I'm interested. It's not too great for being an integral part of Sonic's game a) because dash attacks are easy to spot dodge and b) because all kinds of unexpected DI on your opponent's part will make this difficult to consistently land anyways.

Still, as I say repeatedly, anything we can add to the arsenal is worth noting. Problem is remembering to use it all :x

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
there was a guy just recently who is relatively new, and i just cant bear to think of his name right now but he just came out with a combo video, and he uses that combo extensively, its very good

just look up "chaos control brawl" on youtube, and that will take you right too it.

it is escapeable before they hit the spring and also if they know its coming and have a strong up air (i.e. snake) they can use it to kill you before they are high enuff to get hit by your up air which can be dangerous, but sonic is all about taking your opponent by surprise so you will have to use it sometimes, just dont let it get predictable, maybe mix a smash attk in if they try to airdodge into the ground

all in all, great move, dont let it get predicatable, just like everyother move sonic has

EDIT: heres the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4GGuRDQShw

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
After I saw this today, I went online and tried it.

It's so beautiful when it's pulled off. Hell, I even managed a bair from it at one point.

Although, overuse leads to easily predicted approaches, so spamming this should be prohibited.

Top Bottom