• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upstate Battle Series 6

Lucas The Lefty

Smash Apprentice
Upstate Battle Series 6 - Rochester, NY

Melee Singles:
1: Jesiah ($85.50)
2: Gravy ($42.75)
3: Lefty ($25.65)
4: Beta ($17.10)
5: Mana Lord
5: Nightro
7: Mask
7: Ringworm
9: Goggles
9: Stro
9: Asylum
9: Dorito Remix
13: Wombology
13: The GrandFather
13: Pyro
13: Foy
17: Flaw
17: GoodleShoes
17: Mr X.
17: Citizen Snips
17: TJAF
17: B3n
17: Mr Y.
17: Jank
25: Zanscar
25: SnowMan
25: SYKO
25: AQY
25: Purple Killer
25: Matt
25: KanyeWest
25: No Tag
33: Scraggy
33: LuLu
33: BSEJ
33: Cookie
33: Dust
33: BirdUp

Melee Doubles:
1: Destiny USA ($75.60) Beta and Mana Lord
2: Left Foot Right Foot ($37.80) Lefty and Foy
3: Asylum & Gravy ($12.60) Asylum and Gravy
4: 3D manuver gear
5: WNY
5: WE dont play this game
7: Me Jank and Stro
7: Masters of Death
9: PND
9: Bad n Worse
9: Mr X and Y
9: 20XX
13: Bowser
13: Dream Big

PM Singles:
1: Gravy ($60.75)
2: Mask ($30.38)
3: Mana Lord ($18.23)
4: Goggles ($12.15)
5: Nightro
5: Bred
7: Asylum
7: Jesiah
9: The GrandFather
9: Jank
9: Jordan
9: Dust
13: Paco
13: TimeSmash
13: Bozzy
13: Ringworm
17: BirdUp
17: Jake
17: Face
17: SYKO
17: Pimp Pete
17: Sven
17: Purple Killer
25: Evan
25: No Tag
25: Mr X.

PM Doubles:
1: 12 blunts n blow dryer ($48.60) Mask + Ringworm
2: Meat Squad ($24.30) Bred + Mana Lord
3: Asylum & Gravy ($8.10) Asylum + Gravy
4: Phanny Pack Bandits
5: Double Penitration
5: evan and face
7: Team Domination
7: Give em the beak
9: Mr X and Y

Low Tier Melee:
1: Jesiah ($51.30)
2: Stro ($25.65)
3: Beta ($8.55)
4: Mana Lord
5: The GrandFather
5: Pyro
7: Asylum
7: Dust
9: B3n
9: Gravy
9: Citizen Snips
9: Nightro
13: Jank
13: GoodleShoes
13: SYKO
13: Purple Killer
17: Mr X.
17: Wombology

Attachments

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I had to leave so I forfeited in loser's
so did i.

these things are taking too long.

shoutouts to mana taking my spot in pm doubles though. but lookin at these results it seems im owed at least twenty bucks. who should I be picking this up from?

Syko

Smash Rookie
Yo this is just little ****, but could I have my name not all caps? Syko looks way better than SYKO, I don't even know why it was caps anyway lol. This will matter once I start getting out of the 20s for placements haha.

NightroGlycerine

Smash Journeyman
so did i.

these things are taking too long.

shoutouts to mana taking my spot in pm doubles though. but lookin at these results it seems im owed at least twenty bucks. who should I be picking this up from?
I'm not happy about this decision. In the end someone gets screwed over, but honestly you were expecting everything to be done at 9, considering how long previous iterations of the event took? Also arguably the team got stronger when you were subbed out, which seems really sketch... doesn't Erik deserve some part of the money now?

There were a number of other issues with this tournament though that have to be talked about to be improved on. Low tiers without enough setups was a bad idea. There definitely weren't enough setups for the turnout; people were trying to play matches but between all the events the right people couldn't get together at the right times. There was no waves or structure to stagger the backlog, and Lefty's seeding was haphazard. The "Mr. X" and "Mr. Y" stuff caused a bunch of confusion and caused some matches not to be played in timely fashion. People opted to wait for a chance to get on the stream instead of playing out their match on an available setup, causing even further delays. I appreciate Lucas's efforts to run everything, but I feel there needs to be some more structure and planning, with a compact schedule so that people aren't forced to drop out.

However shoutouts are in order to a number of people. Blue Peachy did a wonderful job on commentary for most of the day. Snowman and Foy with their streams and setup equipment. George, Bobby, and Tom made it out, in addition to some Syracuse and other CNY folks that travelled a long way. Time went out of his way to grab another PM setup when we were hurting for them.

Last edited:

NightroGlycerine

Smash Journeyman
Yo this is just little ****, but could I have my name not all caps? Syko looks way better than SYKO, I don't even know why it was caps anyway lol. This will matter once I start getting out of the 20s for placements haha.
When the tournament gets updated to the SB ranking system, you can just claim your result as yourself and the records will have all the font choices you want.

Syko

Smash Rookie
When the tournament gets updated to the SB ranking system, you can just claim your result as yourself and the records will have all the font choices you want.
Okay cool I'm new to how it works so that's good to know. Looking forward to improving that ranking with UBS7!

Foy

Smash Champion
LOL GOGGLED WTF YOU THINK A FORFEIT IS
Caps! You just bail and want the winnings lol thats LITERALLY the grimmest **** ive ever seen you post ever. I understand your decision to go to the movies with your girl, but to just assume that you are going to get money for playing half a tourney.

Sit there and think about this and please reason with me on how you deserve a ****ing cent after FORFIETING AND LEAVING!

I havent posted on here in ****ing forever and you made me log in to post this.

GoodleShoes

Smash Apprentice
Yo, if this tournament gets put into the ranking system does that mean the other upstate battles have been too? I'd hate one bad placing to be my only mark on their since I got 9th at battle 4.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
LOL GOGGLED WTF YOU THINK A FORFEIT IS
Caps! You just bail and want the winnings lol thats LITERALLY the grimmest **** ive ever seen you post ever. I understand your decision to go to the movies with your girl, but to just assume that you are going to get money for playing half a tourney.

Sit there and think about this and please reason with me on how you deserve a ****ing cent after FORFIETING AND LEAVING!

I havent posted on here in ****ing forever and you made me log in to post this.
well... for starters, even though I didnt get a chance to run it back in my losers set with mana, and with my forfeit, I still got 4th in pm and the first post in this thread says that im owed 12 bucks from that alone...

as far as pm doubles goes that is a tricky situation and i can easily admit that.

When I left we were already in losers finals and guaranteed money. whether me and bred would have beaten tom and gravy over mana and bred, thats impossible to tell. since the first set was close as it is. But as it stands, Bred only won one match with out me. Thats far from half a tournament. Had I stay to finish things out and lost all of the matches after that Id still have 16 dollars from 4th in singles and 3rd in doubles.
had i beaten tom and gravy, that would have gone up to 24 with 12 dollars from doubles. but i just did some quick math. I was guaranteed 16, and i could have made up to 30+ depending on how I played in the remaining matches in singles and doubles, since as much as everyone would like to hate, it was very possible for me to win out. based on that. I felt a low ball statement of rounding up to 20 was fair.

I hope that answers your question.

Last edited:

GoodleShoes

Smash Apprentice
Goggles makes a good point but from an outside perspective I'm confused. You definitely still get the money if you play your sets, get a bracket position that gets you money and leave before the tournament ends right? That's got to be a rule.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Foy, im not sure if you had a misunderstanding or what but if you still think theres something grimey about what Im asking, please speak up.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
GOOD GAMES everyone lets keep driving improvement and expansion in this region.

wins from tournament:
multiple events
good stream
good venue
turnout (from different parts of NY, many new faces, more regulars being in the mix too)

opportunities:
seeding
event timing
unique circumstances (jesse / goggles should get a refund for doubles)
setups

Asylum

Smash Journeyman
Goggles that team got 10 times harder after you left. Whether you would have been able to beat us is really hard to tell considering we already won in winners.

Last edited:

a nub

Smash Ace
ggs to the couple ppl I played. sad I couldn't enter cuz I was busy with homework johns most of that day lol, upstate turnouts are getting pretty real

bad news is my left thumb/wrist felt effed up after saturday so I think I'm gonna have to take at least a month or so off from melee entirely before I try playing again :(

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Goggles that team got 10 times harder after you left. Whether you would have been able to beat us is really hard to tell considering we already won in winners.
Not arguing that at all. Im just making the point that I was in 3rd place when I left.

Top Bottom