• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

uPick Mafia Ultimate ⭐ Game over! Did the game contain more than a single legal character by the end of its life cycle? Or is it no items, Hades only?

Will you be playing Smash Ultimate instead of this game?

• Yes

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Maybe so

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • The only game I play is Mafia

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I see why you might think so, but...

I actually swear on my life that this happened. Not even joking anymore. I could tell you the exact f**king location of where we were talking. Y'all know I was just jacking around the first few hours, not saying anything productive until I snapped at Dtj. I've been keeping him up to date on the occurences in the game, and he has been reading as a guest too once I showed him the thread. Try me.
I guess you didn't get notified of anything last night? Huh. Either that or you're really slow at putting two and two together.
Well, here's the news, kid. You're already dead, I poisoned you last night. Unless by some miracle you got protected or something, you're not long for this world. So I don't really need to debate with you. If I'm wrong I'll have to eat crow when the next Day rolls around. I don't need to listen to you spin an even taller tale to try and explain yourself.

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
ok is it just me or is the irony of poyzin getting poisoned ****ing delicious

edit; added "of" to the above sentence

Last edited:

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I promise I'm not Mafia! I feel like maybe I'm being targeted by Mafia or someone who opposes me?
I don't need you to promise me anything. There's a lot of different reasons and most of them don't incriminate you at all. But I do need a clear answer to this question: Do you know anything about the notes that you haven't shared with us?

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
on a more serious note, I'm still pretty OK with shish wagon. vote: shish

i already had my suspicious, but of everyone, I think he looks the worst in light of moy flipping mafia

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Well. Didn't see that coming. There's one of four options then. One, the player isn't notified that they are poisoned until the day after. Two, I'm just being ignorant. Three, I gotta thank the hell out of somebody for saving me. Or four, Nabe developed a technique of sending invisible messages. All I know is that I never got a notification, so maybe you spoiled your plot to kill me, or somebody else took a hit for me. If it's the former, then at least you notified so I can die in agony.

But I never intended to start drama in a roleplaying game. So please don't act all cocky and condescending to me just because I'm gonna die next round. Let's play the game normally; that wasn't a normal move.

Marisa Kirisame

Smash Cadet
I don't need you to promise me anything. There's a lot of different reasons and most of them don't incriminate you at all. But I do need a clear answer to this question: Do you know anything about the notes that you haven't shared with us?
I'm just worried about revealing something further because there's someone who directly opposes me in this game and I think they're the one sending me stuff if I had to make a guess? Even then, I feel like I'm saying too much right now..

Marisa Kirisame

Smash Cadet
I'm gonna say one more thing that I know is a fact at the expense of maybe dying cause of it:

There's an usurper in this game

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
poyzin is 100% off the lynch table for today

if he's alive tomorrow we can discuss that as an option, but I'm just going to assume he's Town until then

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Hi dudes. Sorry for not being here, some business came up.

I'll be more available tomorrow night. Promise I'll get to it ASAP.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
nr miks kciuq a gniod tub gninrom eht ni tsop ot erom evah ll'I .detcepxe sa yfoog sa tibyreve era snoitca thgin eht dna syawla sa gninwolc era lla'y ees I dauqs yeH

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
.kcab etov tlas a teg uoy mih etov uoy fi - eban yb nwohs sa setov tlas eht htiw od ot gnihtemos sah ti gnimussa m'I .tuoba si tnih siht revetahw rof tiaw ot deen I esoppus I tub lludrab ta gnikool htiw eerga I

racecaR

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
My slot is going to get modkilled so I will come out and say that part of it was telling lies, Maven hit it right in the head.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

What the **** happened with Soup and Bard?
Is this purely because he's inactive, or do you think he's likely to be Scum?
Both, the inactivity and the last minute change to Moy put him as the safest choice for us to lynch toDay imo, not to mention Moy's unvote which you yourself brought up.
Considering what happened above, I could but what is your reasoning for it?
on a more serious note, I'm still pretty OK with shish wagon. vote: shish

i already had my suspicious, but of everyone, I think he looks the worst in light of moy flipping mafia
You already went on how Moy's unvote on me put me under suspicion but then it turned out to be unvoting in Maven. That's the only thing you have that points towards me.
Why is it that the same evidence against Maven means nothing? And what exactly is there to my slot that makes you so sure about it that you'd continue to push it even without a case?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
well this is all very dramatic and eventful, isn't it? blimey.

UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin I want to apologize for talking down to you like that. I told myself that it's part of the game, but it's still a ****ty thing to do.
I realize that you might be pretty frustrated with me and/or this game, but I hope you can still have fun and keep playing.

Also, I didn't poison you, so that might be some good news. I was just lying about that to see how you would react.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Oh dear.

I don't have time for this and have to head out, but to be clear:

Oh yeah, and I definitely don't recommend voting for me or you might feel a little salty about it.

:059:
Is a reference to my role. Hence why Kary has a salt shaker vote. Not a reference to anything else.

I'll address some things after work. Shame this couldn't be handled privately.

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
WElllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

This is a turn of events.

DtJ S2n DtJ S2n , is your post restriction temporary/are you aware of their being an end to it?
Fire Emblemier Fire Emblemier Why are you voting for Bard?
Dooplissity Dooplissity Talk to me about Shish beyond what Moydow said about him yesterday, while moy knew who was and wasn't mafia I don't know if we can assume moy would be so obvious with her voting history.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Okay, so if I understand correctly, Marisa was soup's hydra account for this game, which was fairly common practice way back when. Hell, every now and then I use the Illuminati account to mess with the NintenZone. It's all good, especially since soup was only using that one slot.

Bard then abused mod power to see who was behind the curtain which he shouldn't have done since he was an active player. And then banned the account. Yeah, that's more than just not cool. Didn't lonekonwolf get BANNED FROM DGAMES for getting outside advantages? BY BARD no less?

Vote: Bard

Shame I'm wasting the day on this vote, but hey, it's in the interest of fair play at least.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Obviously I'll change my vote if evidence that someone else is Mafia comes up to uphold the game's integrity. For a day opening vote though, my vote stays.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Okay, so if I understand correctly, Marisa was soup's hydra account for this game, which was fairly common practice way back when. Hell, every now and then I use the Illuminati account to mess with the NintenZone. It's all good, especially since soup was only using that one slot.

Bard then abused mod power to see who was behind the curtain which he shouldn't have done since he was an active player. And then banned the account. Yeah, that's more than just not cool. Didn't lonekonwolf get BANNED FROM DGAMES for getting outside advantages? BY BARD no less?

Vote: Bard

Shame I'm wasting the day on this vote, but hey, it's in the interest of fair play at least.
I thought that neither Natz or Kon got punished because there were no rules against cheating?

But I'm still not over that and I miss them ;((((((( so me and my pettiness might hop on the bandwagon

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Reading up on the thread

Will make more posts soon TM

D

Deleted member

If Bard did indeed cheat he'll just get modkilled. For now we don't need to deal with said issue as that's for the host to resolve.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
If Bard did indeed cheat he'll just get modkilled. For now we don't need to deal with said issue as that's for the host to resolve.
He not getting banned??? I thought those were the rules that he made :troll:

LOL :joyful:

BarDulL

Town Vampire
No cheating took place; this can be corroborated through PMs between myself and the host.

In short, it is against ToS to have an alt account. This was updated a week ago or so. Strictly, you are required to have authorization from an administrator before making an alt account. Hydra accounts also require authorization and almost always must be self-identifiable. The host was not informed that this account was a hydra account; technically speaking, it was not made known to other players, let alone the host, that the Marisa account was receiving help from another player. That is, of course, if that’s what was really happening.

This will be discussed further later, but the appropriate steps were taken to ensure protocol was followed.

I’m thinking this thread should be locked for a bit, I will leave it up to the administration. Cyn Cyn Fox Is Openly Deceptive Fox Is Openly Deceptive

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
To clarify, to my knowledge Bard has known about Marisa's identity since prior to the game starting, so I'm not treating this as anything like cheating. I also don't think that he exhibited any signs of using this to gain advantage in the game, nor do I see a way that he could have.

I don't know why we'd lock the thread, but I suppose I am not a moderator.

Maven89

Smash Master
Locking the thread is tyranny

Plus I have a short day today and it might be the only chance I have to make a large post before the Weekend

#HBC | ѕoup

Demod bardull, hes trying to play coy to the situation and could've just ****ing let me play as my roleplaying alt for fun

vote: Bardull

I'm not joining another game nor do I wanna play this one, sorry.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
#HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe what about soup editing his posts? I don't know what was said so I don't know if that causes a problem.
I know what was said, and it doesn't cause a problem, for several reasons. But mainly, if the slot finds a replacement, the role will change publicly, and if it doesn't, it'll be modkilled. So what was said, which was minor, isn't going to benefit anyone who did see it.

BarDulL BarDulL
Please don't say more about your moderating decision in the thread, because I'm quite confident that it's irrelevant to the game state. Obviously if administrators believe the thread needs to be temporarily locked while something is sorted out, that's understandable, but we're going to move forward with the game in the meantime.

To all players:
Bard didn't intervene in the gameplay itself, he only enforced a rule as a forum moderator. Let's move on.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Demod bardull, hes trying to play coy to the situation and could've just ****ing let me play as my roleplaying alt for fun

vote: Bardull

I'm not joining another game nor do I wanna play this one, sorry.
No, he couldn’t. We have a strict rule against alts. He was right to bring it to our attention.

#HBC | ѕoup

No, he couldn’t. We have a strict rule against alts. He was right to bring it to our attention.
Okay, listen. I know you don't understand Mafia but this should be a completely different scenario. Xivii was someone who participated in DGames at a time, along with Evil Eye (who I assume have both been admins before). The usage of alts and hydra accounts have been allowed so I don't understand why this has suddenly changed, or perhaps, why we as a community were not notified. I'm not trying to dismiss how you run this site, I'm just telling you the likelihood of people actually reading the ToS. I know for a fact when I moderated on Epicmafia almost absolutely no one would bother with it and to go even further I doubt anyone reads the ToS.

I believe that this intention to comb through the ToS over something that is in good fun is wrong, even if it's technically right. This was completely a non-issue for an account that would've been used for the purpose of this game excluisively, and if you look at my history I only have like two warnings or something over the past 8 years of being apart of Smashboards. I'm not some kind of hoodlum trying to hide behind an alternate account, I wasn't even going to use it again after this game.

Bardull is supposed to represent our community, so if there are changes such as Alt/Hydra accounts no longer being allowed? He should've told us, it shouldn't have been sprung onto me. Not to be a broken record, but to further excaberate my point he participated in a game exclusively made of alternate/anonymous accounts in 2015 (Masquerade Mafia). Was this rule changed since then? If so, then I understand. If not, then he's using the ToS to gain an advantage and sabotage me.

Last edited:

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Okay, listen. I know you don't understand Mafia but this is should be a completely different scenario,. Xivii was someone who participated in DGames at a time, along with Evil Eye (who I assume have both been admins before). The usage of alts and hydra accounts have been allowed so I don't understand why this has suddenly changed, or perhaps, why we as a community were not notified. I'm not trying to dismiss how you run this site, I'm just telling you the likelihood of people actually reading the ToS. I know for a fact when I moderated on Epicmafia almost absolutely no one would bother with it and to go even further I doubt anyone reads the ToS.

I believe that this intention to comb through the ToS over something that is in good fun is wrong, even if it's technically right. This was completely a non-issue for an account that would've been used for the purpose of this game excluisively, and if you look at my history I only have like two warnings or something over the past 8 years of being apart of Smashboards. I'm not some kind of hoodlum trying to hide behind an alternate account, I wasn't even going to use it again after this game.

Bardull is supposed to represent our community, so if there are changes such as Alt/Hydra accounts no longer being allowed? He should've told us, it shouldn't have been sprung onto me. Not to be a broken record, but to further excaberate my point he participated in a game exclusively made of alternate/anonymous accounts in 2015 (Masquerade Mafia). Was this rule changed since then? If so, then I understand. If not, then he's uysing the ToS to gain an advantage and sabotage me.
If there is an exception to this rule for forum games, I was/am not aware of it. But as long as I’ve been a staff member, I’ve never read anywhere that the rules don’t apply to this area. If I’m mistaken, we will rescind the ban. But the blame for this should not fall on BarDulL BarDulL as he was following the stricter protocol we have for alts. Maybe Xiivi Xiivi can weigh in.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Can we move this to a different thread?
I would like to suggest the title "Justice for Marisa, Down with Bardull: Dgames on Trial Christmas Edition"

Top Bottom