• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Updated 06/09/16] 19XXTE 0.11, ROM Hack (Working on Console!)

tehz

Smash Apprentice
Might be better to implement that as a GC code or something for online. I don't know anybody who actively uses 19XX online (even though there is no reason why we shouldn't be).
I wonder if there's any way to "encourage" people to play online with the next version of 19XX. Including an updated, "drag-and-drop" RDB in the 19xx package is a definite must, but I have no ideas beyond that. (Better guides, I guess...)

In the topic derailment department: I'd probably be pretty easy to add a "team stock-steal" on/off toggle, but it'd be up to jorgasms if he wants to take up space to include it.

lzer0

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
LULZ#434
I am thinking in buying an Everdrive 64 just to play this hack on console. On the website there are two versions: v2.5 and v3.
Could anyone me point me the difference between playing 19XXTE on v2.5 and v3? As this is the only reason that I will buy this. Like for example, if a new version of 19XXTE is released, both cartridges would have the same chance of running the hack properly? or v3 is safer for this purpose? After all I want to save money but at the same time make sure that I am able to play 19XXTE and if that means buying the more expensive one I will take that.

I don't know where else to ask this so that's why I ask here. Sorry for the long text, question. Could anyone answer this please?

Last edited:

GamingMaster

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AbnormalAdept
iirc theres a same negligble difference. i think it adds time function for like 1 japn only game

dav3yb

Smash Journeyman
I am thinking in buying an Everdrive 64 just to play this hack on console. On the website there are two versions: v2.5 and v3.
Could anyone me point me the difference between playing 19XXTE on v2.5 and v3? As this is the only reason that I will buy this. Like for example, if a new version of 19XXTE is released, both cartridges would have the same chance of running the hack properly? or v3 is safer for this purpose? After all I want to save money but at the same time make sure that I am able to play 19XXTE and if that means buying the more expensive one I will take that.

I don't know where else to ask this so that's why I ask here. Sorry for the long text, question. Could anyone answer this please?
There are 2 main differences.

The first is addition of automatic save backup. When you save a game on the 2.5 everdrive, in order for the cartridge to dump the save file to the SD card, you just need to hit the reset button. This takes you back to the everdrive menu, and it will backup the save file for whatever game you were playing. This isn't a major issue for 19XX since it doesn't really need to update the save file after playing games, unless you care about in game record keeping stuff.

The 2nd difference is that the 3.0 ED has a real time clock for the few games that used it. I think most notably Pokémon Stadium Gold & Silver had some functionality that used a clock which would cause the game to freeze or crash on the 2.X everdrive.

edit: it's something to do with the new save ram that the ED3.0 works with Pokémon Stadium 2, and not earlier revisions.

Overall, if the main thing you're interested in it for is smash, the 2.5 will serve every purpose.

Last edited:

GamingMaster

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AbnormalAdept
yea just save half off and get 2.5. u wont regret it

yea just save half off and get 2.5. u wont regret it

Last edited by a moderator:

GamingMaster

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AbnormalAdept
which latest version has the best compatibility with 19xxte. .10 or .11 or even below that

lzer0

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
LULZ#434
I guess 0.9G since 0.10 has a lot of glitches and 0.11 is good, but not more stable than 0.9G as a solid version.

Dev should be very busy in his stuff for not giving updates or any reply about the progress of his rom hack. I guess he simply has no time to even read these silly posts, I'm requesting these songs to be included in the next version of 19XXTE. Im surprised DATA being one of the original music of SSB 64 not being included in the random music toggle. And Dream Land (Kirby's Falcon Punch Remix) because why not?

GamingMaster

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AbnormalAdept
why lol jusy whyyyy

and either busy like very busy or just brewing something good and suprising to the community or maybe both

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
Dev should be very busy in his stuff for not giving updates or any reply about the progress of his rom hack. I guess he simply has no time to even read these silly posts, I'm requesting these songs to be included in the next version of 19XXTE. Im surprised DATA being one of the original music of SSB 64 not being included in the random music toggle. And Dream Land (Kirby's Falcon Punch Remix) because why not?
You are correct, I'm very busy although I wouldn't call the posts silly just because I don't read them. I don't want to be rude here but asking for timelines and updates will not make 1.0 come faster. I'm very excited to see everyone's reaction, however. Lots of surprises.

GamingMaster

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AbnormalAdept
#cringe btw thanks to searious scar and Izer0. now i gotta find the old files and learn how to make a wad with the proper banner like jorgz' profile pic

lzer0

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
LULZ#434
#cringe btw thanks to searious scar and Izer0. now i gotta find the old files and learn how to make a wad with the proper banner like jorgz' profile pic
You are welcome mate.

I finally got Mayflash USB adapter for PC, maybe I will try playing online in the Kaillera server, but however, my laggy internet also gives me like 128ms (10 frames or delay or so). If anyone is interested playing against my Puff in Smash msg me. Does anything need to be done in order to play 19XXTE in Kaillera? I want to play with my mates (and any of you if you want) some vs matches. All I know is that someone said something about messing with the RDB and manually adding the rom hack in the text database.

ComJacker

Smash Rookie
I have a quick question for the dev. Do you know how to t-pose the characters? Love the mod, by the way.

CommanderRed

Smash Rookie
Yo this is sick! I would love to play this for a tournament here to expand the smash scene. I always thought this game was a little bit more competitive than Melee on the fact that the game feels slowly yet every move counts.

GamingMaster

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AbnormalAdept
does anypne have the patch files for .9g?

i have failed/ dont know what i did wrong. the wadds were ablel to be installed and can be run. however, it crashes at the classic controler screen on dolphin. i did not test on wii cuz i mite brick it. its precious y'know :)

caneut

Smash Ace
There's no way to do what melee does
and remove some **** to make better performance? (doubles)

GamingMaster

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AbnormalAdept
he is gonna do that dude. y not have some patience. i know for sure hes gonna do it. go request something else no one requested yet

Madao

There's no way to do what melee does and remove some **** to make better performance? (doubles)
There is. I just don't fully know how to do it. So far all i've done is mess with gameshark codes that modified stages in training mode and expanded on it. I have found that removing the visibility of stage objects reduced the cpu and gpu usage in emulator. I'm almost certain the same will be true on console. Problem for me is, idk how to do the same thing in vs mode.

Can you try playing 4 players in training mode and see if there's less lag? The stage background in training mode is simpler.

lzer0

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
LULZ#434
does anypne have the patch files for .9g?

i have failed/ dont know what i did wrong. the wadds were ablel to be installed and can be run. however, it crashes at the classic controler screen on dolphin. i did not test on wii cuz i mite brick it. its precious y'know :)
They won't work. None will work. Regardless of what you do. Not even Jorgasms could make it work. PM me and I will help you with the wad issue

There's no way to do what melee does
and remove some **** to make better performance? (doubles)
OC your console. I don't really find that lag annoying like you but if you need to unlag it then you must OC your console fierst. Then maybe you will see lag reduced in game.

caneut

Smash Ace
OC your console. I don't really find that lag annoying like you but if you need to unlag it then you must OC your console fierst. Then maybe you will see lag reduced in game.
you cant oc every console

CommanderRed

Smash Rookie
I'm very interested in how you are making this as you can't make the rom larger or smaller than it already was and what you are using to mod this. I'm going to check soon if I can burn this into a real smash cart and play it on console!

Zantetsu

Smash Master
you cant oc every console
Not only is OC'ing a console not possible on some of them, there's also the failure rate from overheating & difficulty of OC'ing (or finding someone to do it) which causes this to not be a very viable option. You may not find the lag personally annoying, but a large amount of the competitive community does, and having a way to disable it within 19XX is miles more convenient than OC'ing a console.

sadfaps

Smash Cadet
my suggestions

display scores at end of 1v1/2v2
salty run backs for all ports (only works with P1)
fix blastzones on yoshi's/fd/battlefield

Last edited:

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace
wassap guys, I have been dead for a while, hows the project going? is my paper mario skinned "how to play" stage complete? :p lmfao good stuff on the project and please dont lose interest on it ;)

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
Lagless is unlikely. We've done extensive testing on what causes frame drops and stage wasn't a huge factor. Even Battlefield/Fighting Polygon Stage which is virtually lagless without anti aliasing and two players

I have concrete data for frame drops on Barrlefield and Dreamland that proves the game lags even with two people. By changing anything, the game literally plays differently with 2p as well. I'm not sure how to fix this or if I should. Honestly I'd discourage the OC as well if you want your singles setup to play the same.

Dream Land (items on)
AA On
2p 96 (~19/min)
3p 889 (~188/min)
4p 1797 (~360/min)
AA Off
2p 11 (~2/min)
3p 326 (~65/min)
4p 1214 (~243/min)

Battlefield (items off)
AA On
4p 1684 (~337/min)
AA Off
4p 1177 (~235/min)

Dream Land (items off)
AA Dreamland
4p 3044 (~609/min)
AA Off
4p 1918 (~384/min)
The biggest take away from here is that battlefield, which graphically is extremely simple, lags nearly as much as Dream Land.

Madao

Can you test training mode? On emulator, it's less resource intensive than vs mode, so I wonder if the same is true for console.

I believe that stripping background will make a bigger difference than disabling AA, but no way to truly know if doing that will make 4p lagless until someone tests it.

During vacation, I'll probably look into a few things for SSB.

GamingMaster

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AbnormalAdept
YYYOOOOOO UUURRRRR BACKKKKKK!!!!! HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE
but for real could u do what the ssf2 devs are implementing for ssf2 like remove smoke trail, lighting, effects, background, and maybe hazards (i know we went over this but its less strain for the cpu)

btw i can test it on my crappy pc. it cant run in full 60 fps so ill be able to spot the frame drops

caneut

Smash Ace
if someone offers me an everdrive for a reasonable price i'll test everything on regular non-overclocked console

Top Bottom