• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Updated 06/09/16] 19XXTE 0.11, ROM Hack (Working on Console!)

lzer0

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
LULZ#434
Really? Like at all? I mean I don't know anything about coding, but it is the same game just in a different format. I don't really see how it isn't possible.
This ROM Hack crashes if you try to convert it into a wad an play on Wii / Dolphin. You have to resort to Project64 or Mupen64 + Kaillera, I don't really know if Kaillera supports 19XXTE but I'm pretty sure there is a way to make it to play online. Like any other ROM Hack out there.

Uair

Banned via Warnings
This ROM Hack crashes if you try to convert it into a wad an play on Wii / Dolphin. You have to resort to Project64 or Mupen64 + Kaillera, I don't really know if Kaillera supports 19XXTE but I'm pretty sure there is a way to make it to play online. Like any other ROM Hack out there.

Why wouldn't kaillera support it, the emulators run it fine to my knowledge. You just need to make RDB information for it.

Also, here is the results of trying to inject the rom into a wad.

lzer0

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
LULZ#434
If someone is being passive aggressive that's an individual problem. Fact of the matter is: people are going to continue requesting things. You solve nothing by harassing other members about it, just let the OP take care of it. If people ask stupid questions or are rude, he can deal with it. Name shaming people isn't going to solve anything. At most by responding to my post addressing this, you're further cluttering up the thread.

Have a blessed day sweetheart.

Simply wrong.

maybe this might help you.
http://origami64.net/showthread.php?tid=406

Edit: I've tried injecting the rom hack into a wad, however it's saying unknown instruction at whatever then poops out. Guess Jorgasms was right that it doesn't work, I still disagree it's impossible. He'll just have to do some extra work.
Nothing is impossible. But to make 19XXTE work properly into Wii / VC it is a hard task that not even Jorgasms can do (let alone himself) anything about it (he tried bleieve me), or it is just too complicated to make it work so it is better to disregard it and focus on the main project: Make 19XXTE work properly on the original hardware. If you want to play in real Wii you can try Not 64. If you want to play it on Dolphin then you will have to contribute and do something about it so it can be done possible.

Uair

Banned via Warnings
Nothing is impossible. But to make 19XXTE work properly into Wii / VC it is a hard task that not even Jorgasms can do (let alone himself) anything about it (he tried bleieve me), or it is just too complicated to make it work so it is better to disregard it and focus on the main project: Make 19XXTE work properly on the original hardware. If you want to play in real Wii you can try Not 64. If you want to play it on Dolphin then you will have to contribute and do something about it so it can be done possible.
That thread I linked him may prove to be of help. They've already gotten SM64 rom hacks onto Dolphin with some elbow grease, there is a limit to 8mb rom or something, so maybe 19XXTE (I will never remember this name, please change it lol) is too large for the wad?

Edit: Also Kaillera is just a port, Kaillera.com hosts the Master server list of servers, and the Kaillera clients are what connect to kaillera servers.

Kaillera can play anything even PSX games online. It's the emulator and client that have issues.

Last edited:

lzer0

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
LULZ#434
Why wouldn't kaillera support it, the emulators run it fine to my knowledge. You just need to make RDB information for it.

Also, here is the results of trying to inject the rom into a wad.
On Wii that means Black Screen. The ROM Hack isn't compatible yet with wii/Dolphin VC emulation method so it is a shame. Maybe if someone goes farther about this he might be able to do something to make it work, in the meanwhile let's wait if that really happens.

Uair

Banned via Warnings
On Wii that means Black Screen. The ROM Hack isn't compatible yet with wii/Dolphin VC emulation method so it is a shame. Maybe if someone goes farther about this he might be able to do something to make it work, in the meanwhile let's wait if that really happens.
It just loads the bootup, the You need a classic controller thing.
The rom it's self is too big I think. Maybe if you compress it, like the SM64 guys did.

lzer0

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
LULZ#434
That thread I linked him may prove to be of help. They've already gotten SM64 rom hacks onto Dolphin with some elbow grease, there is a limit to 8mb rom or something, so maybe 19XXTE (I will never remember this name, please change it lol) is too large for the wad?
Sin & Punishment is the largest wad you can use as container and theoretically it should work when injected into a wad. Because older versions USED to work with this method, but then after the newer versions I think the change in the code as Jorgasms stated way back then, broke the compatibilty between 19XXTE and Wii / VC injection / emulation.
And BTW, the name is pretty fine, if it gets too large for you then you can just simply name it 19XX, but 19XXTE is a fine name for this Smash 64 Rom Hack.

It just loads the bootup, the You need a classic controller thing.
The rom it's self is too big I think. Maybe if you compress it, like the SM64 guys did.
I would like to contribute and research that stuff to help about the Wii / VC not working issue. I have a Wii and lots of time to test it. But I just don't know anything about coding or ROM hacking :(

there is a limit to 8mb rom or something, so maybe 19XXTE (I will never remember this name, please change it lol) is too large for the wad?
Wrong. As they state in the post I will quote:

"2.) 32MB seems to be the maximum ROM size. I don't know if there is a larger .wad file than Sin and Punishment."

19XXTE Rom Size is 16MB. So to say it does not work because of the ROM size makes no sense at all.
OOT and MP2 ROM sizes are greather than 16 MB but lower thar 32 (iirc)
even Ogre Battle (which ROM size is near 40MB) works as a wad.
Majora's Mask also works, so it should work with the Expansion Pak stuff or else this shouldn't be possible.

I think it would be clever to ask help in that Dolphin/Wii VC, if anything can be done to make 19XXTE work in VC/Dolphin. Yup, I'm gonna register and account and ask them for help. But it will be later.

Last edited by a moderator:

Uair

Banned via Warnings
I would like to contribute and research that stuff to help about the Wii / VC not working issue. I have a Wii and lots of time to test it. But I just don't know anything about coding or ROM hacking :(
Yeah not having any experience with rom hacking would make this very difficult lol. Luckily the rom hacking community has grown a lot since the early 2000s, there are a lot of people who are familiar with ASM coding and can do a lot of amazing work with rom hacks thanks to it.

Also, it's against the rules to make multiple post like that, but I've done the same thing by mistake thinking they get merged. Hopefully Madao Madao catches it before a global mod gives you an infraction.

dav3yb

Smash Journeyman
i finally got around to patching up to the latest version and testing it out on my ED64 2.0. Works great as far as i can tell. Took me a second to figure out the left/right c buttons now cycle through the colors instead of using each button to select a specific color.

Keep up the good work! Looking forward to taking this to our local meet up tonight. It's probably been a minute since a lot of these guys played N64.

GamingMaster

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AbnormalAdept
i may be impatient and am sorry for it. im not expecting updates but not much has been said over the summer as opposed to april and may. i no hes working hard but im curious as to wat hes working on currently. and thank you jorgasms for how much time u put in this.

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
If someone is being passive aggressive that's an individual problem. Fact of the matter is: people are going to continue requesting things. You solve nothing by harassing other members about it, just let the OP take care of it. If people ask stupid questions or are rude, he can deal with it. Name shaming people isn't going to solve anything. At most by responding to my post addressing this, you're further cluttering up the thread.

Simply wrong.

maybe this might help you.
http://origami64.net/showthread.php?tid=406

Edit: I've tried injecting the rom hack into a wad, however it's saying unknown instruction at whatever then poops out. Guess Jorgasms was right that it doesn't work, I still disagree it's impossible. He'll just have to do some extra work.
Firstly, I went above and beyond to try and get Wii VC working. In fact, 0.10 worked better on Wii VC than console.

If you really think I haven't already read those threads and through months of discord chat, you are wrong.

Supporting WiiU VC is not on the table for the time being because even when I'm not running into issues like cache problems, graphical bugs, and other things that slow development significantly, changes in structure can immediately break the work around that "fix" these problems.

So no it's not impossible but I'd rather say that then explain why it's not happening in the near future over and over again.

Also, way to get banned from that orgami irc. I wouldn't suggest attacking a community of people much more experienced than you at what they do.

Last edited:

Beets

Smash Apprentice
i am curious whether it is possible to give fox his Melee taunt. i feel this would greatly improve his taunt cancel game and i predict we would see a sudden spike of fox players.

Beets

Smash Apprentice
dude this is the second time you've been rude to me. i know i ask stupid questions but there's no need for your hurtful replies. i guess if you just don't want me to post on smashboards anymore, then you've gotten your wish.

Uair

Banned via Warnings
Firstly, I went above and beyond to try and get Wii VC working. In fact, 0.10 worked better on Wii VC than console.

If you really think I haven't already read those threads and through months of discord chat, you are wrong.

Supporting WiiU VC is not on the table for the time being because even when I'm not running into issues like cache problems, graphical bugs, and other things that slow development significantly, changes in structure can immediately break the work around that "fix" these problems.

So no it's not impossible but I'd rather say that then explain why it's not happening in the near future over and over again.

Also, way to get banned from that orgami irc. I wouldn't suggest attacking a community of people much more experienced than you at what they do.
That was an off topic ad hominem you just used. Hope you didn't expect me not to respond.

I was not banned from their IRC, and most of them are inexperienced under 18 years old and don't even know the basic opcodes for N64, let alone anything about asm. I've been apart of various rom hacking communities for a very long time, probably longer than you. I was flustered with the lack of documentation found and working links for Wad editors, I tried my best with several injectors to get your rom hack injecting into wad, I'm going to guess when you made the color swaps that caused this issue but it could of been anything, I don't even know fully what you did here.

That site does have a few people who have made some useful advances, I'd say QuequeRAM, Shygoo, Kaze, Skelux, and Turok if he's still around(He made the open source N64 Assembler, CajeASM) are all people who could help you out here since you don't seem to be able to fix this problem anytime in the near future.

There is also other rom hacking sites like juls rusted logic and romhacking.net which there are probably people who can help you. Not to mention the speedrunning websites like ZSR have people who have taken Zelda64 games completely apart and created speedrun strategies using their documentation.

Whatever your problem is with VC/Dolphin wads now, I'm more than sure if you tried your very best you could get some guy to help you out. I might be able to help as well, but I don't have the time or patience to. There is also people on Kaillera (which is dead now) who could of helped you. Over at Emuditial or whatever their new site is, Guady, HenryX, and a few random guys have made several SSB64 rom hacks. They could possibly be of assistance to, and are probably on smashboards.

So in conclusion, if you cannot do this your self. With enough effort, you can get someone who is more experienced than you with MIPS in general to fix or change whatever you did "wrong" that broke VC/Dolphin support. Sorry for the wall of text, but I had to let you know everything for the sake of those who for whatever reason want this on VC or dolphin.

Edit: I'm not trying to insult you like you did me, I just know how difficult it can be to have to figure everything out on your own through trial and error, and countless webpages of endless irrelevant and somewhat relevant information.

<content redacted>

GamingMaster

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AbnormalAdept
who r u. u have no sorrow over wat u've done or sympathy over stupid questions and the like

Col0Korn

Smash Rookie
Uair, I'm really trying to be nice here, but you should re-evaluate your conduct with others, especially when you even recognize your own behaviour as a problem.

If someone is being passive aggressive that's an individual problem. Fact of the matter is [...]

Do as I say, not as I do?

On topic, I've been playing this on Everdrive; the fact this patch works on original hardware is sublime, and never fails to get people excited about Smash 64 again.

My only feedback, though I won't be disappointed if it doesn't make it in, would be the ability to change stock # (my buddies play 5-stock matches).

Uair

Banned via Warnings
The standard is 5 stocks, I'm surprised if this isn't the case.

Madao

Let's all try to stay on topic now.. I know some of you may have good intentions, but sometimes it's better to not even reply so certain posts.

I just realized the source is on git. Pretty cool, I wish I knew sooner :b: .

Playing a team stock match with hitboxes enabled causes player models to be displayed front and center in hitbox mode on the character select screen. Characters will continue to be displayed in hitbox mode until the toggles are turned off and the next match begins.
I think there's also a similar issue in the stage select screen with hitbox mode enabled.

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
Let's all try to stay on topic now.. I know some of you may have good intentions, but sometimes it's better to not even reply so certain posts.

I just realized the source is on git. Pretty cool, I wish I knew sooner :b: .

I think there's also a similar issue in the stage select screen with hitbox mode enabled.
The source is incredibly outdated at this point just a heads up but still useful I suppose. I don't really know where to begin with that bug or if it even exists currently...so obscure.

Uair, I'm really trying to be nice here, but you should re-evaluate your conduct with others, especially when you even recognize your own behaviour as a problem.

Do as I say, not as I do?

On topic, I've been playing this on Everdrive; the fact this patch works on original hardware is sublime, and never fails to get people excited about Smash 64 again.

My only feedback, though I won't be disappointed if it doesn't make it in, would be the ability to change stock # (my buddies play 5-stock matches).
Stocks are still changable and the default is 5 stock.

mnml

Smash Rookie
While we're on the topic of VC injections, it's actually possible to inject 19XXTE into the Smash Bros. wad, which has a nicer button layout than Sin and Punishment. I rarely see any mention of this method, so it might be interesting to the SM64 guys Uair Uair was mentioning earlier, if they weren't aware of it before. Here's a quick guide:

For this example, I'll be using Sharpii to extract the wad/archives, but there's probably a ton of other tools that can accomplish this same task.

For compressing the rom, I'll use Jurai's romc compressor, which can output type 1 romc files. Even though the Smash wad uses a smaller type 2 romc file, type 1 works just as well... In fact, if space is not a concern, hcs's type 0 compressor could even be used. Type 0 keeps the rom in uncompressed form, and only adds a header containing the file's size.

Put all your files into a folder:

19XXTE06.z64 is version 0.6 of 19XXTE, just to show this used to work. Open a command window and let's get started:
  1. First, use romc to compress the rom. We'll need this later:
    Code:
    romc e 19XXTE06.z64 romc
  2. Next, we'll extract the Smash wad to a temp folder:
    Code:
    sharpii wad -u Smash.wad temp
  3. And the 00000005.app archive:
    Code:
    sharpii u8 -u temp\00000005.app temp\00000005
  4. Copy the romc file from earlier (press y to overwrite):
    Code:
    copy romc temp\00000005
  5. Recompress the 00000005.app archive:
    Code:
    sharpii u8 -p temp\00000005 temp\00000005.app
  6. And finally, the wad:
    Code:
    sharpii wad -p temp 19XXTE06.wad
Here's some screenshots:

Still doesn't work with versions past 0.6 from what I can tell, but who knows? Maybe it'll be of some help...

Last edited:

lzer0

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
LULZ#434
While we're on the topic of VC injections, it's actually possible to inject 19XXTE into the Smash Bros. wad, which has a nicer button layout than Sin and Punishment. I rarely see any mention of this method, so it might be interesting to the SM64 guys Uair Uair was mentioning earlier, if they weren't aware of it before. Here's a quick guide:

For this example, I'll be using Sharpii to extract the wad/archives, but there's probably a ton of other tools that can accomplish this same task.

For compressing the rom, I'll use Jurai's romc compressor, which can output type 1 romc files. Even though the Smash wad uses a smaller type 2 romc file, type 1 works just as well... In fact, if space is not a concern, hcs's type 0 compressor could even be used. Type 0 keeps the rom in uncompressed form, and only adds a header containing the file's size.

Put all your files into a folder:

19XXTE06.z64 is version 0.6 of 19XXTE, just to show this used to work. Open a command window and let's get started:
  1. First, use romc to compress the rom. We'll need this later:
    Code:
    romc e 19XXTE06.z64 romc
  2. Next, we'll extract the Smash wad to a temp folder:
    Code:
    sharpii wad -u Smash.wad temp
  3. And the 00000005.app archive:
    Code:
    sharpii u8 -u temp\00000005.app temp\00000005
  4. Copy the romc file from earlier (press y to overwrite):
    Code:
    copy romc temp\00000005
  5. Recompress the 00000005.app archive:
    Code:
    sharpii u8 -p temp\00000005 temp\00000005.app
  6. And finally, the wad:
    Code:
    sharpii wad -p temp 19XXTE06.wad
Here's some screenshots:

Still doesn't work with versions past 0.6 from what I can tell, but who knows? Maybe it'll be of some help...
However, I remember someone mentioning that injecting the rom into Original SSB64 wad causes framerate issues, but if you inject it into Sin & Punishment the framerate is smoother. And the different button layout isn't that much of a problem if you CAN get used to it, which I did eventually.

mnml

Smash Rookie
However, I remember someone mentioning that injecting the rom into Original SSB64 wad causes framerate issues, but if you inject it into Sin & Punishment the framerate is smoother. And the different button layout isn't that much of a problem if you CAN get used to it, which I did eventually.
I've heard all sorts of weird stuff about framerates and frameskipping, but never actually seen anything conclusive (although admittedly, I'm not an expert). I'm not saying I don't believe you, but I do wonder how much of it is placebo, or actual console lag being emulated...

Zantetsu

Smash Master
I've heard all sorts of weird stuff about framerates and frameskipping, but never actually seen anything conclusive (although admittedly, I'm not an expert). I'm not saying I don't believe you, but I do wonder how much of it is placebo, or actual console lag being emulated...
But the thing is, VC will skip frames to maintain the same speed the entire time, while the console slows down to ensure every frame is displayed. So it's certainly not console lag being emulated, because the type of lag is different from each other.

caneut

Smash Ace
in teams, can you make it so the teammate that has lives has to press start to share the life?

caneut

Smash Ace
the way u said it they steal before completly dying
yes, i know people try to take before its allowed, and it results in a pause, noobs do it all the ****ing time

my suggestion would void that, and also leave the stock swapping decision to the person with the stocks.

the amount of times online in teams where people steal lives they shouldn't have.

GamingMaster GamingMaster stop being stupid, i could hardly understand your last post.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Since Jorgasms is trying to keep as much of the original gameplay in tact, I doubt this would be implemented.

Even so, I have to disagree with this method. Most of the time, it's better for your teammate to take a stock if available. If you're solo and are fighting off 2 people, there's a lot more pressure on you. Having to take the time to go and press start instead of, say, avoiding an attack or continuing a combo, doesn't sound good at all.

If your teammates are stealing your stocks when you don't want them to, then that's just bad team communication.

GamingMaster

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AbnormalAdept
Talk about stupid. Go make ur own mod. U really think "imma take his stock. Enough lives to win!" is good team smash play? Seriously? Go learn how to properly play. (Ur being reported :))

oscat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
drlnklngmars
3DS FC
0318-9801-6641
Talk about stupid. Go make ur own mod. U really think "imma take his stock. Enough lives to win!" is good team smash play? Seriously? Go learn how to properly play. (Ur being reported :))
Can you chill? Everyone has their own opinion on the game.

Last edited:

GamingMaster

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AbnormalAdept
at least u agree with me on dat. hes been lingering here for a long time saying dumb stuff and ragin ppl and ultimatly kicking out a member

caneut

Smash Ace
at least u agree with me on dat. hes been lingering here for a long time saying dumb stuff and ragin ppl and ultimatly kicking out a member
ill try to talk like you

dude who u even be? like u even somebody? u nobody be trifling srs ******

Madao

Let's not derail this thread any further...

Even so, I have to disagree with this method. Most of the time, it's better for your teammate to take a stock if available. If you're solo and are fighting off 2 people, there's a lot more pressure on you. Having to take the time to go and press start instead of, say, avoiding an attack or continuing a combo, doesn't sound good at all.

If your teammates are stealing your stocks when you don't want them to, then that's just bad team communication.
I think you made excellent points. I didn't even think of that. I could imagine myself facing 2 people and forgetting to press start. I also think that you should trust your teammate's judgement, otherwise why team up with them lol, unless it's friendlies.

Despite what I said, I still think Cane's idea is an interesting concept. Might be worth trying.

caneut

Smash Ace
Let's not derail this thread any further...

I think you made excellent points. I didn't even think of that. I could imagine myself facing 2 people and forgetting to press start. I also think that you should trust your teammate's judgement, otherwise why team up with them lol, unless it's friendlies.

Despite what I said, I still think Cane's idea is an interesting concept. Might be worth trying.
Yeah in a tourney set its perfect, but we don't even use this mod for majors cuz of Nintendo.

I'm just reminiscing over the thousands of salty life steals online (where this mod is more acceptable to use), maybe an option????????

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Yeah in a tourney set its perfect, but we don't even use this mod for majors cuz of Nintendo.
???

Pretty much every major since 19XX has came out has used Everdrives w/ 19XX. Even the most recent one, Super Smash Con.

I'm just reminiscing over the thousands of salty life steals online (where this mod is more acceptable to use), maybe an option????????
Might be better to implement that as a GC code or something for online. I don't know anybody who actively uses 19XX online (even though there is no reason why we shouldn't be).

Uair

Banned via Warnings
???

Pretty much every major since 19XX has came out has used Everdrives w/ 19XX. Even the most recent one, Super Smash Con.

Might be better to implement that as a GC code or something for online. I don't know anybody who actively uses 19XX online (even though there is no reason why we shouldn't be).
It's a rom hack.

It's not WAD compatible.

It requires extra hardware

It requires custom RDB for emulator

etc...

Top Bottom