• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Updated 06/09/16] 19XXTE 0.11, ROM Hack (Working on Console!)

Uair

Banned via Warnings
Your definition of HD and mine are not the same
High definition? Only so many pixels can be used for a texture unless you're increasing the physical size.

I'm very confused, what is the difference in our definitions? HD is just more detailed, I could ms paint a more depth look onto leafs then patch it to a game and call it a HD texture. That's correct according to your definition right?

FillerName

Smash Rookie
Hey, does anybody happen to have a link to the .07 patch files?
I'm pretty sure that's the last version that works on Wii Virtual Console.

PS I appreciate all of the hard work you've put into this hack, Jorgasms

Last edited:

AlexIsStarving

Smash Apprentice
I remember seeing talks of a stage import. Has any progress been made with that?

Again, thank you for the dankness

Last edited:

lzer0

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
LULZ#434
Hey, does anybody happen to have a link to the .07 patch files?
I'm pretty sure that's the last version that works on Wii Virtual Console.

PS I appreciate all of the hard work you've put into this hack, Jorgasms
Try playing with homebrew emulator Not64, version 0.11 is playable (set Core to Interpreter in order to avoid black screen, then after the game starts switch it back to Dynarec)

FillerName

Smash Rookie
Try playing with homebrew emulator Not64, version 0.11 is playable (set Core to Interpreter in order to avoid black screen, then after the game starts switch it back to Dynarec)
Thanks for the info. That looks like what I'm going to end up doing.
I'm lazy and like the convenience of having a vc icon on my usb loader gx but it's too much of a hassle at the moment.

Last edited:

Beets

Smash Apprentice
yo just played again for the first time in months. thank you for all your hard work in making this hack happen! :4dk:

love the new yoshi's story stage. i love stages with variable blast zones. keep up the good work! :4kirby:

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace
any thoughts on bringing back how to play stage? it just needs blast zones fixed. Also lets slap on that paper mario stage texture i was talking about earlier ;P

Btw, srry for double post but jorgasms I still really love your work! Cant wait to hear some new info and what progress you guys got :D

Last edited by a moderator:

SnuggieGamer

Smash Rookie
NNID
SnuggieGamer
I'm on Mac/sixtyforce and am unable to update. Thanks in advance, I'm loving all the hard work and dedication, keep it up

Last edited by a moderator:

VMAN

Smash Rookie
You're doing the lawdz work mate. I would love to help out if I can. I'm not much of a ROMHacker (yet) but I am a professional artist. Mayhaps I could give you some graphical stuff like for promotional purposes. And model swaps should you ever get that far ^^

Beets

Smash Apprentice
You're doing the lawdz work mate. I would love to help out if I can. I'm not much of a ROMHacker (yet) but I am a professional artist. Mayhaps I could give you some graphical stuff like for promotional purposes. And model swaps should you ever get that far ^^
Not exactly relevant but how good are you at reproducing Smash 64 art? Can you do mock ups that look like this?

VMAN

Smash Rookie
Not exactly relevant but how good are you at reproducing Smash 64 art? Can you do mock ups that look like this?
I certainly can. Though the low poly modeling thing is still a skill I haven't developed yet but am interested in picking up. As an aside I would love to get the PS1 model of Cloud in there but I get that it would be more or less impossible to add in stuff like that without basically decompiling the whole thing.

Beets

Smash Apprentice
i was just curious if you could reproduce like the icons and character art. i chose that marth because i thought that custom icon was good (model aside). i think the CSS could use a nice overhaul. PiK's marth mockup is really cool. it shows his talent for portrait selection painting. as far as i know there is no artist who has reproduced the cartoony style of the promotional art.

as far as i know there are no plans to officially add new characters.

VMAN

Smash Rookie
It wouldn't be too hard to reproduce them in their current style. Although many of them appear to be high-poly 3D renders such as DK, it looks like they just used a render supplied by Rare to craft his portrait.

Though in other cases they took other images and converted them into the same cohesive style with simple artistry in the case of Pikachu's portrait.

Are you saying you want me to create new portraits based on the cartoonish style of the box art? That might be interesting, I was thinking of just making some promotional art for ****z n jigglez in the box art style. Maybe with a polygon fighter done up in that style, etc.

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace
i was just curious if you could reproduce like the icons and character art. i chose that marth because i thought that custom icon was good (model aside). i think the CSS could use a nice overhaul. PiK's marth mockup is really cool. it shows his talent for portrait selection painting. as far as i know there is no artist who has reproduced the cartoony style of the promotional art.

as far as i know there are no plans to officially add new characters.
No

dont overhaul anything thats already here, this mod is adding things, not changing original things.
I would not like the css to have new portraits and im sure people will agree with me. New portraits for new characters is welcomed though

lzer0

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
LULZ#434
How's the progress of current development? IDK if anyone already suggested this, but could you add a feature for Stock Control like 20XX and PM does?

kdubbinn

Smash Rookie
Hey guys. Looking to get a everdrive to run this on a n64. Will the 2.5 version work fine or do I have to get the 3.0 version?

Col0Korn

Smash Rookie
hows progess so far?
facts the more the merrier
hey jorgz wat have u been up to.
...really dude? Maybe Jorgasms doesn't feel like giving us any updates, and that's completely fine. He's under no obligation to finish, let alone work on this project.

Just be grateful this hack is as far along as it is, because the motivation doesn't last very long when people consistently ask for more than the developer is willing to put in, especially from people as entitled as you come across when you consistently demand progress updates every two weeks.

What are you, his boss or something?

On that note - Thank you so much for all of your hard days' work Jorgasms, your patch is absolutely fantastic stuff, and I can't wait to see what the future holds for you!

oscat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
drlnklngmars
3DS FC
0318-9801-6641
...really dude? Maybe Jorgasms doesn't feel like giving us any updates, and that's completely fine. He's under no obligation to finish, let alone work on this project.

Just be grateful this hack is as far along as it is, because the motivation doesn't last very long when people consistently ask for more than the developer is willing to put in, especially from people as entitled as you come across when you consistently demand progress updates every two weeks.

On that note - Thank you so much for all of your hard days' work Jorgasms, your patch is absolutely fantastic stuff, and I can't wait to see what the future holds for you!
Maybe he's genuinely curious at what he's been up to. No need to go off on the guy, and I'm sure he's grateful.

Uair

Banned via Warnings

How about no? He wanted to start the rom hack, he's obligated to finish it. If there is anything wrong or not done with something someone created, and they get feedback from other people about it, they are in position to fix or do whatever it is that needs to be done.

If you feel he hasn't got enough thanks then thank him, but don't go trash talking other people for being interested in the thing. Was it really necessary for you to even make a sb account just to say that? Have a good day sunshine.

Col0Korn

Smash Rookie
How about no? He wanted to start the rom hack, he's obligated to finish it. If there is anything wrong or not done with something someone created, and they get feedback from other people about it, they are in position to fix or do whatever it is that needs to be done.

If you feel he hasn't got enough thanks then thank him, but don't go trash talking other people for being interested in the thing. Was it really necessary for you to even make a sb account just to say that? Have a good day sunshine.
It's one thing to be interested in a project somebody's working on, but it's a complete other thing to expect things to be done as you see fit when you have no involvement in the project beyond suggesting fixes & features.

You said he started it, so he's under obligation to finish it, but that's just not true, because what if he got a better gig that utilizes his talents and pays him more? Would you be happy for him, or would you hate him forever for abandoning the project?

Even he's said many times in this thread that he's sick of people pestering him about features & updates, because like, this is HIS project.

If you're of the opinion that he's obligated to finish it for you guys, he really isn't, and that's just the entitlement I was talking about in my previous post.

Yeah, I made an account to write what I thought; I've been following this thread for a while. Kind of ridiculous that it took three attempts to pester Jorgasms for info, and all three were ignored. Take the hint, be patient.

Uair

Banned via Warnings
It's one thing to be interested in a project somebody's working on, but it's a complete other thing to expect things to be done as you see fit when you have no involvement in the project beyond suggesting fixes & features.

You said he started it, so he's under obligation to finish it, but that's just not true, because what if he got a better gig that utilizes his talents and pays him more? Would you be happy for him, or would you hate him forever for abandoning the project?

Even he's said many times in this thread that he's sick of people pestering him about features & updates, because like, this is HIS project.

If you're of the opinion that he's obligated to finish it for you guys, he really isn't, and that's just the entitlement I was talking about in my previous post.

Yeah, I made an account to write what I thought; I've been following this thread for a while. Kind of ridiculous that it took three attempts to pester Jorgasms for info, and all three were ignored. Take the hint, be patient.
If he feels pestered by it then he can request the thread be closed. This thread is about the rom hack, people are going to suggest things, that's the point of this thread. Nobody is insulting him or demanding anything, they're simply contributing to the purpose of the thread. You've made an unwarranted assumption when creating your account. Nobody is saying or bringing up anything negative besides you, I hope you can understand that.

Have a good day sunshine.

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE

It's not dead. I just don't have any controversial features to discuss. Everything in the works right now will be enjoyed universally so I don't really need the feedback on ideas. Obviously keep posting things you'd like to see; I'm listening I promise.
There's nothing for me to say at the moment

Col0Korn

Smash Rookie
If he feels pestered by it then he can request the thread be closed. This thread is about the rom hack, people are going to suggest things, that's the point of this thread. Nobody is insulting him or demanding anything, they're simply contributing to the purpose of the thread. You've made an unwarranted assumption when creating your account. Nobody is saying or bringing up anything negative besides you, I hope you can understand that.

Have a good day sunshine.
Alright, if you honestly believe repeatedly asking for updates is contributing anything to the thread, that's your perspective.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who's much more interested in reading the replies regarding solutions to problems from people who not only want to be helpful, but are effective at doing it in a way without being demanding or passive-aggressive.

Yaruzu

Smash Cadet
So I want to be able to patch a .wad of 64 (or at least obtain a patched .wad) so that I can play it on dolphin since I want to use a gamecube controller without having to buy some sort of adapter, and so that I can play with a friend online. Is there any way to do this right now, or would something need to be made in order to do this?

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
So I want to be able to patch a .wad of 64 (or at least obtain a patched .wad) so that I can play it on dolphin since I want to use a gamecube controller without having to buy some sort of adapter, and so that I can play with a friend online. Is there any way to do this right now, or would something need to be made in order to do this?
Not possible

Uair

Banned via Warnings
Alright, if you honestly believe repeatedly asking for updates is contributing anything to the thread, that's your perspective.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who's much more interested in reading the replies regarding solutions to problems from people who not only want to be helpful, but are effective at doing it in a way without being demanding or passive-aggressive.
If someone is being passive aggressive that's an individual problem. Fact of the matter is: people are going to continue requesting things. You solve nothing by harassing other members about it, just let the OP take care of it. If people ask stupid questions or are rude, he can deal with it. Name shaming people isn't going to solve anything. At most by responding to my post addressing this, you're further cluttering up the thread.

Have a blessed day sweetheart.

Not possible
Simply wrong.

maybe this might help you.
http://origami64.net/showthread.php?tid=406

Edit: I've tried injecting the rom hack into a wad, however it's saying unknown instruction at whatever then poops out. Guess Jorgasms was right that it doesn't work, I still disagree it's impossible. He'll just have to do some extra work.

Last edited:
Top Bottom