• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Updated 06/09/16] 19XXTE 0.11, ROM Hack (Working on Console!)

Ælude

Smash Cadet
Before you begin you need:
- ed64 cart
- sd card
- computer
- to find and download on your own a rom for ssb 64

From memory;

1. With your sd card inserted (and formated to fat32) download the 19xx mod from the first page of this thread.

2. On the root of your sd make a folder called whatever you want as the everdrive will read folders. For this example i'll call it simply "19xx"

3. Extract the files from the 19xx mod you downloaded into the 19xx folder on your sd card you just made.

4. Drag the rom of super smash bros you found (will likely be called something like Super Smash Bros.z64") to the same location as step 3.

5. This is maybe the only step that might not be intuitive. You have to patch your ssb rom. All you have to do though is drag the ssb rom over top of the program provided in the 19xx mod (if you followed my steps both will be in your 19xx folder on your sd). I think the program is named "patch" but it could be something else.

6. If you did it right you should be prompted that it was successful and a file called something like 19xx_011.z64 should have been created. This is the file you will load off your everdrive and I beleive its the only file you need in your "19xx" folder though I just kept everything.

Ps. You can have unrelated additional stuff on your sd card your everdrive just obviously won't load them.

I'm not the best to help with this sort of stuff but if you have any other questions ill try my best to help.

Zhadow45

Smash Rookie
This is great an all, but one thing thats a bit frustrating. myself and im sure a lot of other people. arent super in the modding community, or even smash64 community. Because of this, although the patch video..i guess is helpful? their is no original installation guide? sure i can just download the file but how the hell do i actually set it up? all i see is a crap ton of files and programs. is the patch video for updates only? or is it suppose to explain first time setup as well? and why is the patch video including a rom file that literally says "myrom" or whatever? i dont have that..not like it came with the folder...

Any way someone could really quickly just say where the hell to throw programs and files at to get this damn thing working cause im apparently missing something big.
Really annoying.

Last edited:

suiken_2mieu

Smash Rookie
I saw this mod being used at smash con and wanted to try it out. It's a wonderful mod, thanks mate. I especially like the added legal stages and the extra costumes.

This is great an all, but one thing thats a bit frustrating. myself and im sure a lot of other people. arent super in the modding community, or even smash64 community. Because of this, although the patch video..i guess is helpful? their is no original installation guide? sure i can just download the file but how the hell do i actually set it up? all i see is a crap ton of files and programs. is the patch video for updates only? or is it suppose to explain first time setup as well? and why is the patch video including a rom file that literally says "myrom" or whatever? i dont have that..not like it came with the folder...

Any way someone could really quickly just say where the hell to throw programs and files at to get this damn thing working cause im apparently missing something big.
Really annoying.
The video shows everything that you need to do. Take your Smash 64 rom and place it on the patcher program. The patcher will run and a new rom will show up called 19XXTE. That's the patched rom and you're good to go.

If you don't have a Smash 64 Rom, google smash 64 rom and I'm sure you can find a place to download it.

Last edited:

GamingMaster

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AbnormalAdept
lol. best choice is to buy a device that allows you to rip your game cart to your pc. now thats legal!

suiken_2mieu

Smash Rookie
After playing 19XXTE 0.11 all day (seriously thanks for this mod) I have a list of possible improvements / additions. Some may have already been stated in this thread, but I haven't combed the 40+ Pages. If there's anything I can do to help, let me know. I have not done any Rom hacking specifically, but I have made a really bad Smash Clone called Smash Gency in RPGMaker XP (it's full of bugs, slow, laggy, etc. but if you play it in the context that I worked on it during middle and highschool and it was my first big project and it taught me how to code, it can be fun), and have some experience coding in Gamemaker. So I have the most basic of coding knowledge. I also have the original N64 Everdrive.

Features that a easier to implement:
Expanded Stage List
- I'm not sure if it would be easier to make a new menu or try to mod the existing one. Extra stages are always welcome.
Extra Control Options
- Being able to turn off tap jump would be great.
- Remapping the D-Pad to Direction + A for a pseudo "C-stick" implementation.
This would be nice for playing with a Gamecube Controller, or my 64 controller of choice, the Hori Pad Mini, or simply for claw grip users.
- To expand upon the above, joypad remapping in general. The 64 has 6 face buttons, why does 4 of them need to be jump? You could even use the Memory Pak to hold profiles, but I'm not sure what all you would have to do to implement that.
Adding other NPCs
- Making Metal Mario and Giant DK Accessible from the CSS would be cool. Possibly either by adding it to a costume slot or by pressing a combo of buttons while selecting the Mario and DK. Same idea with Master Hand, only not sure where to sit it on the CSS. If metal mario is just a mode change for mario, maybe it could be applied to other characters.

Features that I don't expect to implemented anytime in the future:
Name Tags
- Not at all crucial, but it has become a major part of smash to rep yourself/crew by name. This would require adding a system not currently in the game. Could probably use existing fonts in the game, but it would have to replace the texture used over the player, with multiple textures to actually spell out anything other than 1 letter. (unless P1,P2,P3,P4,CPU are more than one texture while onscreen).
Expanded Character Select Screen with New Characters
-Would require adding character slots, with their own programing. Even clone characters would be an issue, because in the end, you'd still want the characters to have their own area in code as to not mess with the current cast. I saw the thread about Falco's Moveset over fox, it would be awesome to be able to implement the character without having to touch Fox. My dream would be to have Ganondorf added (obviously a clone of Captain Falcon).

sounds illegal don't do that!
lol. best choice is to buy a device that allows you to rip your game cart to your pc. now thats legal!
Are copiers even around anymore, much less for cheap? But yes, the best legal way to obtain a rom is to dump it from your own cartridge.

Also, does the stick fixes work for the 1st player controller?

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
Expanded Stage List
- I'm not sure if it would be easier to make a new menu or try to mod the existing one. Extra stages are always welcome.
Expanded SSS in the works

Extra Control Options
This would be nice for playing with a Gamecube Controller, or my 64 controller of choice, the Hori Pad Mini, or simply for claw grip users.
- To expand upon the above, joypad remapping in general. The 64 has 6 face buttons, why does 4 of them need to be jump? You could even use the Memory Pak to hold profiles, but I'm not sure what all you would have to do to implement that.
not likely

Adding other NPCs
- Making Metal Mario and Giant DK Accessible from the CSS would be cool. Possibly either by adding it to a costume slot or by pressing a combo of buttons while selecting the Mario and DK. Same idea with Master Hand, only not sure where to sit it on the CSS. If metal mario is just a mode change for mario, maybe it could be applied to other characters.
They'll be playable in the next version

Name Tags
- Not at all crucial, but it has become a major part of smash to rep yourself/crew by name. This would require adding a system not currently in the game. Could probably use existing fonts in the game, but it would have to replace the texture used over the player, with multiple textures to actually spell out anything other than 1 letter. (unless P1,P2,P3,P4,CPU are more than one texture while onscreen).
This on the list for a future version

Expanded Character Select Screen with New Characters
-Would require adding character slots, with their own programing. Even clone characters would be an issue, because in the end, you'd still want the characters to have their own area in code as to not mess with the current cast. I saw the thread about Falco's Moveset over fox, it would be awesome to be able to implement the character without having to touch Fox. My dream would be to have Ganondorf added (obviously a clone of Captain Falcon).
Model hacking is hard

Also, does the stick fixes work for the 1st player controller?
Yes. All the stick fixes are mapped to the bottom four slots. It's a bug but not worth releasing a patch

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace
Expanded SSS in the works

not likely

They'll be playable in the next version

This on the list for a future version

Model hacking is hard

Yes. All the stick fixes are mapped to the bottom four slots. It's a bug but not worth releasing a patch
Any thoughts on adding the "How to play stage" with fixed blastzones?

Maybe even with the paper Mario texture *wink wink*

Last edited:

lzer0

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
LULZ#434
Expanded Stage List
Yes please. No stage in this game deserves to be scrapped in favor of others, (at least not outside of tournament play)

I'd be fun to play Metal Mario at tournaments, since he is a worse version of Mario, it shouldn't matter that his extreme fall speed should make his playstyle pretty interesting. His tier placement below Mario should be enough for him to not being viable. But still I'd have fun playing with and against him.

Oh now that I remember, can a Stock Handicap modifier be implemented? So instead of changing your handicap level and being koed in 1hit at 0%, it would change your number of stocks, while Lv1 handicap starting the match with 1 stock and Lv9 handicap at a 9 stock advantage. Besides. The Damage Ratio Modifier that goes from 50% to 200% is pretty useless. Can you fit in any other useful option to replace the Damage Ratio?

The (probably not) last thing I'm going to ask. Can you make this patch work for NTSC-J?
I miss all these cool stages and additions when I play in the japanese version.

Zhadow45

Smash Rookie
I saw this mod being used at smash con and wanted to try it out. It's a wonderful mod, thanks mate. I especially like the added legal stages and the extra costumes.

The video shows everything that you need to do. Take your Smash 64 rom and place it on the patcher program. The patcher will run and a new rom will show up called 19XXTE. That's the patched rom and you're good to go.

If you don't have a Smash 64 Rom, google smash 64 rom and I'm sure you can find a place to download it.
nvm, i reread the features and i cant have it anyway. doesnt work with dolphin apparently.

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
Cyjorg Cyjorg What are the stick fixes used for?
The max range a stick should reach is 127 but N64 sticks only reach ~80 or so. Developers of N64 games knew this and programmed around this (most of the time, in Doom you can run faster if you hold your stick up slightly on boot). The Gamecube style sticks actually reach 120. My "fix" is just a 2/3 multiplier to reduce them the max input (~120 * 2/3 = ~80).

Capos

Smash Apprentice
Extra Control Options
All kinds of nope to all of this, macros and extra inputs are a big no no.

lzer0

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
LULZ#434
The max range a stick should reach is 127 but N64 sticks only reach ~80 or so. Developers of N64 games knew this and programmed around this (most of the time, in Doom you can run faster if you hold your stick up slightly on boot). The Gamecube style sticks actually reach 120. My "fix" is just a 2/3 multiplier to reduce them the max input (~120 * 2/3 = ~80).
Does an OG Gamecube Controller to Raphnet N64 adapter have the same or more range as the GC-Style Stick?

oceanz11

Smash Rookie
Can anyone give me a breakdown on how to upload this ROM onto an everdrive 64?
Download a rom of super smash bros. Download 19xx on the first page of this thread. Follow instructions in the readme.txt of the 19XX file. Stick your mini SD card in your computer and drag the playable 19xx rom file into the mini SD card.

lzer0

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
LULZ#434
So since you will not make japanese characters in, can you make at least a patch that can work for the japanese ROM?
I mean, is it that hard to port the patch from NTSC-U to NTSC-J?

worm_hd

Smash Cadet
In the future, would it be possible to get xdelta patches for those of us on Mac? It's a great mod, keep up the hard work!

MBychowskiPL

Smash Rookie
I have a problem.
When I try to patch a rom (I'm using UniPatcher and RomPatcher because I'am Android only :/ ) it shows "XDELTA3: INTERNAL ERROR".

Dizzle

Smash Cadet
after watching g4, we seriously need some kind of pika nerf.
lol don't count on it, we're (likely) not going to legalize much more than 19XX, at least at majors. We haven't had a stink raised about the timer , but modding more than that kinda runs the risk of Nintendo dropping the hammer on the competitive 64 community

ShionKaito438

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
SK#378
NNID
ShionKaito438
Anybody able to get the latest versions to work on a Wii? The older versions work great as a WAD file but I can't seem to get 0.11 to work.

lzer0

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
LULZ#434
Anybody able to get the latest versions to work on a Wii? The older versions work great as a WAD file but I can't seem to get 0.11 to work.
Newer version only works on Not64, but you have to set the game the CPU Core to Interpreter first, then Dynarec after it boots. Problem is this emulator isn't still polished and they seem to do horrible frameskip/cuts whenever the emulator runs out of memory, instead of behaving like console and slowing everything down, this issue makes competitively unviable in a tournament setting, but alas, it works anyways.

suiken_2mieu

Smash Rookie
I don't know if you can do anything about CPU's, but could you make it so that they don't give up on recovering after one interception of their up+b? Off stage play is hard to practice when they are suicidal.

Uair

Banned via Warnings
I don't know if you can do anything about CPU's, but could you make it so that they don't give up on recovering after one interception of their up+b? Off stage play is hard to practice when they are suicidal.
Lol playing CPUs isnt going to make you better.

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
Coming to 1.0. Thank @pillowhead for that.

Lol playing CPUs isnt going to make you better.
I fully agree but not everyone has access to people to play

Beets

Smash Apprentice
i noticed that 20XX Tournament Edition has recently announced the ability to save replays after every match. a quick thread search showed no results for replay discussion. is any analogous feature possible for 19XX?

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
i noticed that 20XX Tournament Edition has recently announced the ability to save replays after every match. a quick thread search showed no results for replay discussion. is any analogous feature possible for 19XX?
Actually recent stage modding of the How to Play stage led to some interesting results on the How to Play screen. The characters would "desync" if you moved the platforms and execute movements as if they were just pressing buttons and wrong times.

It could be possible but not a focus for now

Martorell

Smash Rookie
A couple of months ago, I asked if it was possible to have a random teching - Z-cancelling feature to allow the CPU to behave more like a human when training combos. I was told that it wasn't likely to happen. However, i got handed a ROM patch that enables that feature, being able to change the parameters in the code, of the % of times the CPUs techs left, right, in place and Z-cancells aerials. It worked both patching vanilla Smash and 19XXTE_0.11. A toggle in future instances, maybe?

lzer0

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
LULZ#434
A couple of months ago, I asked if it was possible to have a random teching - Z-cancelling feature to allow the CPU to behave more like a human when training combos. I was told that it wasn't likely to happen. However, i got handed a ROM patch that enables that feature, being able to change the parameters in the code, of the % of times the CPUs techs left, right, in place and Z-cancells aerials. It worked both patching vanilla Smash and 19XXTE_0.11. A toggle in future instances, maybe?
Could I have that patch? It should be useful for training

ownage

Smash Rookie
Just want to say HUGE THANKS to the OP and everyone for making this hack possible! It is so amazing, words cannot explain how much these efforts have brought us more entertainment in a useful way.

I'm new to the online Smash team and have a few questions if someone wouldn't mind helping a noob get a little bit of a kick start.

1) Is this the exact version of Smash being used in leagues around the world such as Super Smash Con in Virginia, BEAST in Sweeden, etc.?
2) If so, I'm really curious to know how leagues are using this on the original N64 hardware? What is the name of the hardware used in custom cartridges?
3) Are people using this online in Project 64k? I don't see any rooms on servers using anything but Super Smash Bros. (U) [!].n64 and I can't seem to find it in my ROM lists-- all I'm able to do is Load the ROM directly.

Thank you for your time, and I look forward to hearing a response and being a part of this community! :)

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
Just want to say HUGE THANKS to the OP and everyone for making this hack possible! It is so amazing, words cannot explain how much these efforts have brought us more entertainment in a useful way.

I'm new to the online Smash team and have a few questions if someone wouldn't mind helping a noob get a little bit of a kick start.

1) Is this the exact version of Smash being used in leagues around the world such as Super Smash Con in Virginia, BEAST in Sweeden, etc.?
2) If so, I'm really curious to know how leagues are using this on the original N64 hardware? What is the name of the hardware used in custom cartridges?
3) Are people using this online in Project 64k? I don't see any rooms on servers using anything but Super Smash Bros. (U) [!].n64 and I can't seem to find it in my ROM lists-- all I'm able to do is Load the ROM directly.

Thank you for your time, and I look forward to hearing a response and being a part of this community! :)
1. yes
2. http://krikzz.com/store/ v2.5 is fine, 3 if you want the rtc or the usb port
3. it's not really used online

Bazkip

Smash Master
While random music adds welcome variety, there's a bit of a problem with it.

Freakin Mario theme gets flagged as copyrighted content on YouTube :/

Would adding another random music toggle that excludes that song be possible? It's really a shame to not be able to use it because of one song.

Top Bottom