• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Updated 06/09/16] 19XXTE 0.11, ROM Hack (Working on Console!)

GamingMaster

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AbnormalAdept
Consider it done even though I might have time tonite or tmr afternoon

wat
was just about to test

Last edited by a moderator:

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
If I push a copy of my dev build with new features (random music toggle, 20XX style salty runback, antialiasing toggle, japanese hit sounds (not a toggle yet) etc.), will you guys actually stress test it for frame drops and freezes? I really do need feedback to see if this Project is worth continuing or if it's actually reached it's peak with 0.9G.

Like this if you would help (on console, not emulator)

GamingMaster

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AbnormalAdept
console as in everdrive of homebrew wii emu (all i can do is wii emu and pc emu but ill test it anyway cuz my pc sucks so frame drop will be very noticible)

Last edited:

Shears

Smash Master
If I push a copy of my dev build with new features (random music toggle, 20XX style salty runback, antialiasing toggle, japanese hit sounds (not a toggle yet) etc.), will you guys actually stress test it for frame drops and freezes? I really do need feedback to see if this Project is worth continuing or if it's actually reached it's peak with 0.9G.

We would test it in baltimore

WEEGRO

Smash Rookie

Kansas City Area would also be on the forefront of this testing

Indefa

Smash Apprentice
Got 6 Everdrives in my area, we would have it on all of them and I'll get everyone to play the hell out of it :)

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
Thanks everyone. Expect to see an update sometime between tonight and the end of the week.

console as in everdrive of homebrew wii emu (all i can do is wii emu and pc emu but ill test it anyway cuz my pc sucks so frame drop will be very noticible)
Definitely test it on Wii since I know a large portion of the community will be playing on Wii/Dolphin.

lzer0

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
LULZ#434
this solution should not have worked at all, it's been removed
We will be always glad whenever you post your activity into the project, even if you go one step forward, and one back to go back to neutral (no solution yet), Remember, good things always take a lot of time to make them good.
Oh and I suggest something, people who intend to deviate the purpose of the thread on purpose should be banned or at least they should be silenced in this forum. They don't help neither you nor the project at all and pretend to bash on your work just to make pointless topics (trolling, spamming, advertising whatever projects out of context). This is 19XXTE discussion thread, not a generic forum debate alright?

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
We will be always glad whenever you post your activity into the project, even if you go one step forward, and one back to go back to neutral (no solution yet), Remember, good things always take a lot of time to make them good.
The reason that post was removed was because I no longer needed it tested as there was an issue. I appreciate the kind words however! This upcoming 0.10 release will appear to be less polished and a few steps backwards for sure because honestly 0.9G was a very solid release. That being said, it will include some new features for testing (random music toggle, 20XX style salty runback, anti-aliasing toggle, japanese hit sounds) and hopefully, will result in me being able to take a giant leap forward in the near future.

I really can't emphasize enough how excited I am to make it available to the public. If it works flawlessly, the possibilities will become virtually endless. There are a few I have in mind that I won't give away now because surprises are cool but I'll keep you guys updated.

I'm done working for the time being (because I have friends and stuff to do) but I'll be back on it late tonight to squash the last few bugs and get a release out.

Oh and I suggest something, people who intend to deviate the purpose of the thread on purpose should be banned or at least they should be silenced in this forum. They don't help neither you nor the project at all and pretend to bash on your work just to make pointless topics (trolling, spamming, advertising whatever projects out of context). This is 19XXTE discussion thread, not a generic forum debate alright?
Again, completely agree. I've just started reporting the posts you've described. The Smashboards mod team does a very good job being quick to act.

GamingMaster

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AbnormalAdept
does this mean pause menu will be texture hacked like 20xx or some other mod?

Last edited:

G-Rabbit

Smash Journeyman

I can test on Everdrive. We love 19XX in CStat, Texas.

lzer0

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
LULZ#434

I could help on Wii console

GamingMaster

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AbnormalAdept
iirc it was brought up in feb or march i think but yolo ull change it soon

GamingMaster

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AbnormalAdept
yo sick profile pic

where do i download the dates already changed

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
I'll be revamping the thread some other time but for now, I've kept you all waiting long enough.

Key Changes:
Fixed compatibility to issues with WADs (for Dolphin/Wii Emulation)
Fixed comparability issues with Jabo's Direct3D plugin
Removed Debug Menu, VS. Options Menu is the new location of toggles
Added Random Music Toggle
Added Salty Runback Feature (Hold any CButtons while the game is ending to restart the match)
Changed Polygon Chars, Polygon versions of the characters the same way normal costumes are (go all the way left)
Japanese Hit Sounds (For fun)
Anti-Aliasing Disabled (Possible Lag Reduction)
Reverted SSS to original layout (I don't think anyone realized the top row was "legal stages" anyways)
Team Attack is Always On, Cannot be changed

Remember, this was pushed solely to test for frame drops. Let me know if you run into any bugs.

Oh and "Tournament Mode" doesn't work full yet. For the most part, it just sets all toggles to defaults regardless of what you enter on the Vs. Options screen. I'd just leave it on "None" for the time being

Last edited:

GamingMaster

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AbnormalAdept
gotcha now i gotta sulk again lol jk

btw since the game is now ment for tournaments u should change it back to singles then doubles or watever it was especially if striking will be added

lzer0

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
LULZ#434
How did no one tell me that the year on the thread was wrong
I thought that was a very funny thing, hahaha
More like, how come you guys noticed that the date in the title is wrong and no one said anything?

Madao

One thing I'd like to be able to do is change the color of shields. Anyone got any ideas on how to figure that out?

Also, has anyone tested removing stage backgrounds on console? That should be the best way to improve performance.

Anti-Aliasing Disabled (Possible Lag Reduction)
I find this to be very interesting. How did you figure out how to disable it? Is this part of the VI filters, or something else? I'd like to test this on emulator.

lzer0

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
LULZ#434
One thing I'd like to be able to do is change the color of shields. Anyone got any ideas on how to figure that out?

Also, has anyone tested removing stage backgrounds on console? That should be the best way to improve performance.

I find this to be very interesting. How did you figure out how to disable it? Is this part of the VI filters, or something else? I'd like to test this on emulator.
I also mentioned that some posts ago, but yeah I agree too. It always annoyed me when I played as P4 and my shield color was gray...

gotcha now i gotta sulk again lol jk

btw since the game is now ment for tournaments u should change it back to singles then doubles or watever it was especially if striking will be added
The toggle to enable and disable Tournament Mode should cover up all that stuff. After Jorgasms makes it fully funcional, I guess.

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE

Shield colors is on the to do list. And exactly. I know the code is "working" but you can't tell on emulators since graphic plugins actually seem to ignore the VI registers. It's been confirmed working via Gameshark code as well so we'll see.

Madao

Shield colors is on the to do list.
Alright cool. I may attempt searching for a way to modify shield colors this weekend.

And exactly. I know the code is "working" but you can't tell on emulators since graphic plugins actually seem to ignore the VI registers. It's been confirmed working via Gameshark code as well so we'll see.
Ah, so it is a VI filter modification. Nice job finding that code. I know typical graphics plugins don't emulate the VI filters (except for GLideN64 which partially emulates only gamma), but Angrylion's plugin does emulate it. I use his plugin quite often since it's very accurate. I can get full speed with Angrylion's if I strip out the stage background.

You mind posting the gameshark code? Would be interesting to play around with VI filters.

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
Disable Anti Aliasing (NTSC)
Code:
8103D55C 0000
8103D55E 0212
8103D58C 0000
8103D58E 0212
I'll look into incorporating this into 19XXTE
Alright cool. I may attempt searching for a way to modify shield colors this weekend.

Ah, so it is a VI filter modification. Nice job finding that code. I know typical graphics plugins don't emulate the VI filters (except for GLideN64 which partially emulates only gamma), but Angrylion's plugin does emulate it. I use his plugin quite often since it's very accurate. I can get full speed with Angrylion's if I strip out the stage background.

You mind posting the gameshark code? Would be interesting to play around with VI filters.
I ended up going with 00000312 instead after actually looking into the flags/bitd (my code disables AA and resampling). This GS code kinda sucks just because the intro video and main menu use different flags than in game but the creator didn't really look into it. For now 19XXTE also does the same thing but I'll be fixing it later.

The actual vi registers are at 0xA4400000. If you want to play around with ASM, just set a write access breakpoint there. Have fun

http://n64.icequake.net/mirror/www.jimb.de/Projects/N64TEK.htm#videointerface

tehz

Smash Apprentice
I haven't looked into this at all, but on the CSS, the backgrounds for the select characters at the bottom of the screen all use 1 4bit CI texture with 8 different pallets, with a routine that can pass a chosen pallet to RCP with the texture data. I'm sure the shield colors are in the same situation, so maybe the best way to start would be to find the shield texture in the resource files, and after the texture all of the different pallets should be listed. Search for the pallets in RAM etc.

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
I haven't looked into this at all, but on the CSS, the backgrounds for the select characters at the bottom of the screen all use 1 4bit CI texture with 8 different pallets, with a routine that can pass a chosen pallet to RCP with the texture data. I'm sure the shield colors are in the same situation, so maybe the best way to start would be to find the shield texture in the resource files, and after the texture all of the different pallets should be listed. Search for the pallets in RAM etc.
All the palettes immediately after the texture? Nice

GFD

Smash Cadet
19XXTE 0.9G works perfectly when injected into the Kirby 64 Virtual Console on Wii U (using the existing UNALJ0.354 config by changing the region within the ROM). However, a general issue this emulator has with Super Smash Bros. is that character models never change colours (eg. invulnerability flashing). Unfortunately, Hid-to-VPAD's Gamecube controller functionality doesn't work very well with this as of now (notably, full right / up on the analogue stick register as full left / down respectively, and the Z button's functionality is hardcoded as a button modifier).
I will also test the next version in this emulator.

lzer0

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
LULZ#434
19XXTE 0.9G works perfectly when injected into the Kirby 64 Virtual Console on Wii U (using the existing UNALJ0.354 config by changing the region within the ROM). However, a general issue this emulator has with Super Smash Bros. is that character models never change colours (eg. invulnerability flashing). Unfortunately, Hid-to-VPAD's Gamecube controller functionality doesn't work very well with this as of now (notably, full right / up on the analogue stick register as full left / down respectively, and the Z button's functionality is hardcoded as a button modifier).
I will also test the next version in this emulator.
Could this also work on Wii?

Top Bottom