• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Updated 06/09/16] 19XXTE 0.11, ROM Hack (Working on Console!)

Capos

Smash Apprentice
Cuddly plays (or at least played) online so I'm not sure why anyone is even falling for that.

bb010g

Smash Cadet
oh well then nvm, just to make things clear, Dolphin uses the same emulation method as the Wii Virtual Console?
Dolphin emulates the Wii rather nicely, which runs the Virtual Console to emulate SSB. Alternatively, you could run a homebrew N64 emulator on Dolphin and run SSB on that.

lzer0

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
LULZ#434
We are focusing on this because Sakurai wil never release a proper remake of Smash 64 for modern consoles, and if for whatever reason he chooses to remake 64, his ****ty vision about "fair" gameplay and everybody must win regardless of skill level without taking account if the player is a noobish casual or a world class top player, he would most likely remove Z-Cancel and make changes to the game to make it unplayable at competitive level, much like Brawl or Smash 4. I really enjoy this hack since the first day I knew about it, and I'm very excited waiting until Jorgasms can release the latest version with a lot of improvements that Sakurai would never apply nor would pass through his mind if someone else makes a better game more than he can do, much like 20XX and Project M.

Dolphin emulates the Wii rather nicely, which runs the Virtual Console to emulate SSB. Alternatively, you could run a homebrew N64 emulator on Dolphin and run SSB on that.
If you have a decent computer, and the appropiate controls to avoid input lag it should be okay, but I think is easier to do on console, either 64 or Wii, just start the game, plug the controllers and no issues after all. With PC you have to deal with input lag unless you have the appropiate controllers and setups to avoid that.

Last edited by a moderator:

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace
as it should be. encouraging the use of an illegal rom and hacking/modifying someone elses work. yeah no.
You use pink Yoshi online, I have nothing against you, but leave this thread. I have dreamed of an update like this since I was a kid, don't crush my dreams, and don't bad talk this mod again.
Btw jorgasms I still love u for your work :D

D

Deleted member

You use pink Yoshi online, I have nothing against you, but leave this thread. I have dreamed of an update like this since I was a kid, don't crush my dreams, and don't bad talk this mod again.
Btw jorgasms I still love u for your work :D
No I don't and I will do as I wish. Also, I could care less what you 'dreamt,' please grow up.

GamingMaster

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AbnormalAdept
No I don't and I will do as I wish. Also, I could care less what you 'dreamt,' please grow up.
just because someone dreams of something doesnt mean hes a kid. if u continue attacking this thread like so u have no place to be here. this place is only for those who want extra content that sakurai didnt want to add cuz hes lazy and appreciate jorgz's work. stop trying to detroy this section of the community of people who love playing a retro classic thats being remade. plz butt off

caneut

Smash Ace
toggle for when the last stock is taken, game is just reset with fresh starts, start+reset to actually get out

Zantetsu

Smash Master
toggle for when the last stock is taken, game is just reset with fresh starts, start+reset to actually get out
I personally would prefer something along the lines of what 20XX has, where you hold A+B (this could be a different combo of buttons) during the "Game Set" screen and it resets the match instead of going to the results screen. Easy for salty runbacks without having to switch a toggle on and off each time you want to use this feature.

GamingMaster

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AbnormalAdept
pm me and ill help u

btw jorgz whens the end or ur semester

GamingMaster

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AbnormalAdept
sounds gud finish strong fam!

1 more week until the 1 year aniversary of this thread and game

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
As Cyjorg Cyjorg stated, talking of distributing illegal roms is strictly prohibited here on the boards.

6. Respect Copyright

Posts that violate or incite others to violate the law are not allowed. This includes (but is not limited to) requesting, providing, or instructing how to find, create, or use illegal copies of copyrighted software and related applications (including ROMs).

For a full list of our terms and rules, please check here.

D

Deleted member

As Cyjorg Cyjorg stated, talking of distributing illegal roms is strictly prohibited here on the boards.

6. Respect Copyright

Posts that violate or incite others to violate the law are not allowed. This includes (but is not limited to) requesting, providing, or instructing how to find, create, or use illegal copies of copyrighted software and related applications (including ROMs).

No, actually I said it. But thanx for not giving me any credit, I really appreciate it...

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
No, actually I said it. But thanx for not giving me any credit, I really appreciate it...
Nothing about me providing a patch to N64 ROMs is illegal. those who legally aquire a ROM can do whatever they want with it. The messages the mod removed were literally just people asking to have the ROM provided to them which is obviously not legal.

I'm posting this only so people don't stray from the hack. No one should be falling for your bait haha you're not even clever. You just look dumb as do the people who fall for everything you have to say in threads.

lzer0

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
LULZ#434

6. Respect Copyright

I guess there is a threshold area about what is considered legal or ilegal, for example, 20XX provides you with the Root Files since they are literally providing you a "disassembled" iso, so you only have to rebuild it and voila. I guess that also works with the ROM, since technically no one is providing copyrighted software, well I don't even know if this should be taken into account, another thing, I think there is some sort of law (I don't really know) that states that one may have any ROM of ANY game if you own it physically. For example, should people who own the SSB64 cartridge be able to download it anywhere on the internet as long as it is only that game for "backup" purposes. Where as people who don't own the game should be discouraged to download it before they can acquire it physically. Anyways people are just plain lazy, they ask for ROMs here when there are a ton of webzitez where you can download it, but no, they have to ask for the game here because they think this is a Smash Forum it is ok. Should you make a disclaimer in the very first post so they get it clear that even asking for a ROM here can result in a ban (or whatever punishment is better fitted for this purpose)

Shears

Smash Master
I guess there is a threshold area about what is considered legal or ilegal, for example, 20XX provides you with the Root Files since they are literally providing you a "disassembled" iso, so you only have to rebuild it and voila. I guess that also works with the ROM, since technically no one is providing copyrighted software, well I don't even know if this should be taken into account, another thing, I think there is some sort of law (I don't really know) that states that one may have any ROM of ANY game if you own it physically. For example, should people who own the SSB64 cartridge be able to download it anywhere on the internet as long as it is only that game for "backup" purposes. Where as people who don't own the game should be discouraged to download it before they can acquire it physically. Anyways people are just plain lazy, they ask for ROMs here when there are a ton of webzitez where you can download it, but no, they have to ask for the game here because they think this is a Smash Forum it is ok. Should you make a disclaimer in the very first post so they get it clear that even asking for a ROM here can result in a ban (or whatever punishment is better fitted for this purpose)
Not sure what that law is exactly regarding ROM ownership if a physical copy is owned but I would imagine the law has some writing in it that doesn't allow downloading of a ROM. I imagine the law is more that if you own a physical copy it is legal to own a ROM of that copy but the download of a copy of the ROM that isn't pulled from you physical cartridge is illegal. However I don't think there is much of a way to tell a copy of your ROM is not the one pulled from your cartridge. Imagine it like there is a law that allows you to be in possession of weed but it is illegal to buy or sell it. Obviously there is a problem as in order to become in possession you probably need to buy or sell it, but the law doesn't punish possession, it punishes the means of possession (pretty sure this drug law is true in a lot of countries). So possessing a ROM that you acquired from your own physical copy is legal, but if the means of possessing the ROM is via download of someone elses copy that means is illegal.

I'm not a Nintendo 64 lawyer or anything so don't take my word on it.

Last edited:

GamingMaster

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AbnormalAdept
i could agree on it. u have to rip ur own copy not download it but at this point no one really cares to get a "cart to usb" device to rip it or something so yea u can have a virtual copy that u ripped not downloaded

Morin0

Smash Lord
Lol the copyright myth is still alive in 2016? At least with Nintendo, that is far from the truth. It doesn't matter if you own a copy of the original game. It's illegal. They have a FAQ of this on their site.

dav3yb

Smash Journeyman
Lol the copyright myth is still alive in 2016? At least with Nintendo, that is far from the truth. It doesn't matter if you own a copy of the original game. It's illegal. They have a FAQ of this on their site.
Wouldn't this fall under similar copyright law when talking about making backup copies of software and media for personal use or backup? Which is legal, but circumventing any copy protection on said media is illegal.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
It doesn't matter if you own a copy of the original game. It's illegal. They have a FAQ of this on their site.
I'm assuming you're responding to GamingMaster who said it's legal if you back it up yourself, and he's not wrong. It's not a myth, and reading over their FAQ, it supports this fact (even though it's some tricky word play). Nintendo is obviously against roms and emulation, so of course they're going to do their best to make it SEEM illegal when it's not. Here's a breakdown of their FAQ to show the misleading word play. (Long post)

Nintendo's FAQ said:
Can I Download a Nintendo ROM from the Internet if I Already Own the Authentic Game?
The question asked here is if you can download a Nintendo ROM from the internet, even if you own the authentic game. Key word "Download" not "Own".

Nintendo's FAQ said:
There is a good deal of misinformation on the Internet regarding the backup/archival copy exception. It is not a "second copy" rule and is often mistakenly cited for the proposition that if you have one lawful copy of a copyrighted work, you are entitled to have a second copy of the copyrighted work even if that second copy is an infringing copy.
Here they are saying that the backup/archival copy EXCEPTION is not valid when you simply take copyrighted work from somebody else, such as the internet, even if you have a copy of your own. It's already been stated in the thread that it's illegal to download a ROM, but simply owning one is not illegal if you have an authentic copy.

Nintendo's FAQ said:
The backup/archival copy exception is a very narrow limitation relating to a copy being made by the rightful owner of an authentic game to ensure he or she has one in the event of damage or destruction of the authentic.
Here, they are going into further detail regarding the EXCEPTION to the rule. They use the words "very narrow limitation" to avoid saying HOW you can go about this and to further discourage it, but they acknowledge that the rightful owner of an authentic game does have the right to a copy to in the event of damage or destruction of the authentic.

Nintendo's FAQ said:
Therefore, whether you have an authentic game or not, or whether you have possession of a Nintendo ROM for a limited amount of time, i.e. 24 hours, it is illegal to download and play a Nintendo ROM from the Internet.
Again, they are answering the question. "Can I DOWNLOAD a Nintendo Rom from the Internet if I already own the authentic game myself?". Nothing is being said about your own personal backup.

Now, there is something else further down the FAQ that reads:

Nintendo's FAQ said:
Are Game Copying Devices Illegal?

Yes. Game copiers enable users to illegally copy video game software onto floppy disks, writeable compact disks or the hard drive of a personal computer. They enable the user to make, play and distribute illegal copies of video game software which violates Nintendo's copyrights and trademarks. These devices also allow for the uploading and downloading of ROMs to and from the Internet. Based upon the functions of these devices, they are illegal.
Fancy wording here, but quite misleading. Lets break it down and take a closer look.

Nintendo's FAQ said:
Game copiers enable users to illegally copy video game software onto floppy disks, writeable compact disks or the hard drive of a personal computer.
Yes, they hold the potential to copy an illegal copy (your friend's) of your game, but they also have the ability to legal copy a game (your authentic copy). This isn't technically wrong, just misleading.

Nintendo's FAQ said:
They enable the user to make, play and distribute illegal copies of video game software which violates Nintendo's copyrights and trademarks. These devices also allow for the uploading and downloading of ROMs to and from the Internet. Based upon the functions of these devices, they are illegal.
Their definition of "game copiers" do ALL of the things they listed. They even clarify in the end "Based upon the functions of these devices, they are illegal." So, if your "game copier" does ALL of these things, then of course it is illegal. BUT, your traditional "game copiers" does not do these things, and using them legally (backing up your legal and authentic games) is perfectly legal. See court cases like Sony vs Connectix or Sony vs Universal.

Either way, we should stop talking about the legality and get this discussion back to focusing on the topic of the project.

Last edited:

GamingMaster

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AbnormalAdept
to go back to the proj is it possible to start kirby with specific hat likewhen the chip is in ur hand go over a char and press z and then pick kirby for fox kirb or something?

Morin0

Smash Lord
I'm assuming you're responding to GamingMaster who said it's legal if you back it up yourself, and he's not wrong. It's not a myth, and reading over their FAQ, it supports this fact (even though it's some tricky word play). Nintendo is obviously against roms and emulation, so of course they're going to do their best to make it SEEM illegal when it's not. Here's a breakdown of their FAQ to show the misleading word play. (Long post)

The question asked here is if you can download a Nintendo ROM from the internet, even if you own the authentic game. Key word "Download" not "Own".

Here they are saying that the backup/archival copy EXCEPTION is not valid when you simply take copyrighted work from somebody else, such as the internet, even if you have a copy of your own. It's already been stated in the thread that it's illegal to download a ROM, but simply owning one is not illegal if you have an authentic copy.

Here, they are going into further detail regarding the EXCEPTION to the rule. They use the words "very narrow limitation" to avoid saying HOW you can go about this and to further discourage it, but they acknowledge that the rightful owner of an authentic game does have the right to a copy to in the event of damage or destruction of the authentic.

Again, they are answering the question. "Can I DOWNLOAD a Nintendo Rom from the Internet if I already own the authentic game myself?". Nothing is being said about your own personal backup.

Now, there is something else further down the FAQ that reads:

Fancy wording here, but quite misleading. Lets break it down and take a closer look.

Yes, they hold the potential to copy an illegal copy (your friend's) of your game, but they also have the ability to legal copy a game (your authentic copy). This isn't technically wrong, just misleading.

Their definition of "game copiers" do ALL of the things they listed. They even clarify in the end "Based upon the functions of these devices, they are illegal." So, if your "game copier" does ALL of these things, then of course it is illegal. BUT, your traditional "game copiers" does not do these things, and using them legally (backing up your legal and authentic games) is perfectly legal. See court cases like Sony vs Connectix or Sony vs Universal.

Either way, we should stop talking about the legality and get this discussion back to focusing on the topic of the project.
u rite

GamingMaster

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AbnormalAdept
just wondering who is dat dude who made da vid with master hand and link kirb?

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
Hey guys started working on it again and I need someone to test a patch for me. It's a vanilla rom with a chnage to the osInvalICache() function that would allow me to invalidate cache safely. Essentially I changed some stuff that shouldn't break or change the game at all but knowing my luck it will.

PM me if you can help.

Edit: yes this is legal since I'd only be providing the patch, I just don't want it getting out early

Last edited:

GamingMaster

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AbnormalAdept
If pj64 doesn't work does wii emus and nemu work?

Last edited:
Top Bottom