• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Updated 06/09/16] 19XXTE 0.11, ROM Hack (Working on Console!)

AthensHorseParty

Smash Journeyman
I believe this has to do with timed stock matches. The game is determining who the victor is based on score instead of stock. I could patch this with ease but I'm going to make it more complicated because I don't want to break time matches as of now
I thought that too but I've definitely noticed the error in matches where the team that "won" still had less KOs than the other. Still I dunno how SDs figure into it or anything.

Cedricwa

Smash Apprentice
I usually stray away from hazard removals and things that make parts of the original stages different (Yoshi's was an exception because it was not legal before). If the community demands it, I'll make it happen. I think KnitePhox answered your question above
I would be for removing the wind and tornados
Or better yet, if you could put both versions of each stage in that would be cool

Also, do you think the tutorial stage could be put in if it was fixed?

Last edited:

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
I would be for removing the wind and tornados
Or better yet, if you could put both versions of each stage in that would be cool

Also, do you think the tutorial stage could be put in if it was fixed?
Well I plan on looking into the debut menu for toggles

So SSB64's Debug Menu structure is almost identical to Melee's. So again, I'm going to postpone the release in favor of getting this hack to 0.6.0.

AthensHorseParty

Smash Journeyman
Oh while you're working on the next version I guess I'll go ahead and mention these two other issues I'm having. One is that something in your patch seems to have reverted the settings on the graphics plugin so you get the black box around the magnifier which is kind of distracting. I don't even remember what I changed to fix that last time, does anybody know of a work around for this?

The only other issue I'm having is that I can't get the "no music" code to work anymore.

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
o yeah, @Combo Blaze @ Komotonoto Komotonoto wilde and i played this romhack on console at a local tourney on saturday may 30, it worked fine, only problem was there was still wind/nadoes and typical time+stock problems (but u can just set time to infinity, aka remove it, to 'fix' it)

gj hacker

ALSO komo and i were playing hitbox mode quickmatch and thought it might be cool to do sperate rom "builds" that add hitbox mode ontop of 19XX, thanks again mane
next release seems like it will be double better as well

AthensHorseParty

Smash Journeyman
What are the problems other than the results screen sometimes shows the wrong result? It's not like the players or people watching the match are gonna be confused about who won... unless it comes to a fastfall dair sd type situation... which happened to me and Cane on our last match last time we played in tournament.

Komotonoto

Smash Journeyman
Maybe replace Saffron with Kirby beta stage? Or that one from the intro video where kirby jumps up from the ground? Also, what do you use to edit the rom? it looks like most of the code is just assembly, maybe I can take a poke at it.

tehz

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, the patches to the rom are either value changes (eg: 0x01 -> 0x0E), or are machine code instructions in MIPS to replace existing functions or add new functions.

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
Maybe replace Saffron with Kirby beta stage? Or that one from the intro video where kirby jumps up from the ground? Also, what do you use to edit the rom? it looks like most of the code is just assembly, maybe I can take a poke at it.
Everyone here loves Saffron so Saffron definitely stays. I use Nemu to debug

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
How can I mess around with the rom or do the same thing you are doing? I would like to give it a try.
How much experience do you have hacking games? If you're not familiar with cheat search/breakpoints/asm hacking then I'd start there with Dan Salvato's tutorial. From there, it becomes simple searching for ram values using a Hex Editor.

Komotonoto

Smash Journeyman
How much experience do you have hacking games? If you're not familiar with cheat search/breakpoints/asm hacking then I'd start there with Dan Salvato's tutorial. From there, it becomes simple searching for ram values using a Hex Editor.
All I know is MIPS assembly lmao.

ganas

Smash Cadet
I noticed that the last stage played on the stage selection screen isn't stored and highlighted like it does in the original game. I was wondering if that could be fixed? It's really ruining my salty runback abilities.

This hack is amazing, by the way. Thanks Jorgasms!

bowl

Smash Cadet
Ran it on my everdrive today and it worked well thanks. Looks like everyone else has already mentioned what my comments were going to be. Thanks for the hardwork

Last edited:

ProfMak

Smash Rookie
It says file is in wrong format or damaged when I try to download the patcher? How do I download it without clicking giant download button at top?

yanbo

Smash Rookie
This is a great hack, I absolutely love it. I can also confirm, that it works on Wii if you inject it into a Sin & Punishment WAD.

I'm really looking forward to new updates and keep up the nice work :D

ProfMak

Smash Rookie
I'm running a 32 bit OS

can't get this rad hack to run

am i **** outa luck?

Theguesst

Smash Rookie
I want to say thanks for this wonderful project and I look forward to what it may bring next. Hope you can get the team you need to make more stuff happen.

dav3yb

Smash Journeyman
has anyone tested this with an N64 and flashcart yet? If not, I might give it a shot this weekend. I'm curious to see what this is like.

dav3yb

Smash Journeyman
works good on my everdrive. very neat mod. i likes a lot!

not really sure what i'd like to see from the mod tbh, but some different colors for some of the characters would be nice.

Last edited:

likiji123

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Likiji123
3DS FC
2964-9225-5942
Hello, im a "ssb man", i liked much ssb. im the "hacker" that created a ssb´s mod.
I present all you my new ROM HACK.
¡Ladies and gentlemen!
¡for all of you! The NEW, THE MOST RECENT, SSB´S ROM HACK, INNOVATIVE, REMASTERED, NEVER SEEN BEFORE...!
Super Smash Bros "2".

super smash bros 2. COMING SOON
Sweet!
I love that falco (will he have more costumes than the red one?)
and the bomberman looks pretty neat (What character does he go over?)
EDIT: Dont post this is someone elses thread

Last edited:

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
Hello, im a "ssb man", i liked much ssb. im the "hacker" that created a ssb´s mod.
I present all you my new ROM HACK.
¡Ladies and gentlemen!
¡for all of you! The NEW, THE MOST RECENT, SSB´S ROM HACK, INNOVATIVE, REMASTERED, NEVER SEEN BEFORE...!
Super Smash Bros "2".

super smash bros 2. COMING SOON
Can we stop posting things like this without proof? Its more or less spam in a legitimate thread.

@Madao

themanthemaster

Smash Rookie
I'm playing the rom on homebrew app Wii64, works very well. Very excited to see where this project may go in the future.

I have a few ideas/requests, some are borrowed from other smashhacks:
-0-Death Mode from PM 3.6
-Auto Z-Cancel
*-toggle-able alternate stage screen
- - How to Play stage, Disabled Tornado Hyrule, Shut Door Saffron City, BF, FD, Metal Cavern, Cloudless Yoshi's
*-results screen skip
-controller spoof
-Salty Runback option
-stage striking
-hitbox mode toggle

* = most important

I could probably keep going but none of these codes are really needed or may just be downright impossible. But these are the codes that will really draw a crowd to not only this hack but 64 in general.

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
I'm playing the rom on homebrew app Wii64, works very well. Very excited to see where this project may go in the future.

I have a few ideas/requests, some are borrowed from other smashhacks:
-0-Death Mode from PM 3.6
-Auto Z-Cancel
*-toggle-able alternate stage screen
- - How to Play stage, Disabled Tornado Hyrule, Shut Door Saffron City, BF, FD, Metal Cavern, Cloudless Yoshi's
*-results screen skip
-controller spoof
-Salty Runback option
-stage striking
-hitbox mode toggle

* = most important

I could probably keep going but none of these codes are really needed or may just be downright impossible. But these are the codes that will really draw a crowd to not only this hack but 64 in general.
Writing these codes for Melee/Brawl is nothing because you have the ability to write your own functions in empty memory and then just add branches to them. To do the same thing on N64...well you can't (at least I don't think so). I have to just come up with efficient ways to rewrite code in hopes that I can squeeze out one or maybe two more lines.

For example, the debug menu is completely done visually but in order for the toggles to work, I have to write conditional statements in MIPS. Well I can't do that yet. I've been researching as much as I can but I haven't found the light yet. It's kinda hard to give a good ETA on 0.6 because I just don't know when I will. Sorry guys.

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
19XXTE v0.5.3 Changelog
1. The patcher now creates a Default and Widescreen ROM.
2. Games now exit to the Character Select Screen (the result screen is skipped).
3. The RANDOM function now works correctly.
4. Other minor bug fixes
5. The patcher should work on both 32 bit and 64 bit operating systems.

(The codeset is included with the patcher)

Attachments

Last edited:

Morin0

Smash Lord
So what is this then exactly? Real? Photoshop? Looks pretty convincing to me. http://s8.postimg.org/w6imr7x05/FALCO.png But this sort of level of hacking is such a huge undertaking that it does not seem feasible that someone can do something like that when our best modders are stumped by seemingly easy yet hard modding feats.

Voltiac

Smash Rookie
Anyone else getting the "attempt to open file failed" error? If so, does anyone know how to fix it? I'm using the new 0.5.3 patcher that Jorgasms posted above

Also What would be the best emulator to use. I usually use Project64 but it's being messing up recently

Last edited by a moderator:

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
So what is this then exactly? Real? Photoshop? Looks pretty convincing to me. http://s8.postimg.org/w6imr7x05/FALCO.png But this sort of level of hacking is such a huge undertaking that it does not seem feasible that someone can do something like that when our best modders are stumped by seemingly easy yet hard modding feats.
It's fake.

Anyone else getting the "attempt to open file failed" error? If so, does anyone know how to fix it? I'm using the new 0.5.3 patcher that Jorgasms posted above
Where are you getting the error? Is it the patcher or project 64? And yes PJ64 is best.

Voltiac

Smash Rookie
Where are you getting the error? Is it the patcher or project 64? And yes PJ64 is best.[/quote]

I get the error once I open the rom in the emulator

Top Bottom