• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UPDATE: Renth and chaddd rule with Ganondorf. Ask us a question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaddd

Smash Lord
My friends play as marth and bowser, and one owns with mew2. Iv been playing ganon less than any of them hav played their chars. Any advice?

EDIT: And how in the world do you get past kirbyciding?
There's lots of information on Marth in this thread if you just look. Bowser is quite possibly the easiest opponent of Ganon's, next to Pichu or something. Just forward air him in the face. Chances are really good that that alone will win you the game 9/10 times. Haha.

And as for Kirbyciding, mash buttons, man. If you move your analog stick around and mash buttons quickly, then you will in fact get out of it faster. I have Kirbys grab me on the very edge of the stage but I just mash out before they can even start walking.

Renth

Smash Hero
Has this become a debate thread or a help thread, and can some1 answer my ? plz?
Sorry =)

My friends play as marth and bowser, and one owns with mew2. Iv been playing ganon less than any of them hav played their chars. Any advice?

EDIT: And how in the world do you get past kirbyciding?
Werd

if your friends have been playing a lot longer than you have just play them as often as you can and try to fill the gap as much as possible. For marth just play defensively Ganon vs. marth is pretty even if you play smart, an aggressive marth gets ***** and a defensive marth goes both ways. For bowser you shouldn't really have trouble in the match up and if you do just grab a lot makes your life much easier. Mewtwo honestly doesn't do too bad against ganon just try to get grabs because most mewtwos i've played CC a lot

as for the "suck in" move of kirbys just jump over him and back air or down air tha *****

mood4food77

Smash Hero
renth and chaddd are my heroes....

anyways, give them advice for link, cause most likely someone will have trouble with that match-up, cause i know for sure it's not that easy

cablepuff

Smash Ace
chaddd i got a dumb question and probably doesn't belong here...
How do you beat ganon with sheik? I mean what tactics and strategy do you see sheik players beating ganon with cause i can't beat my friends ganon with sheik. I do much better with marth for some reason, maybe my strategy and tactics are all wrong or other stuff.

chaddd

Smash Lord
chaddd i got a dumb question and probably doesn't belong here...
How do you beat ganon with sheik? I mean what tactics and strategy do you see sheik players beating ganon with cause i can't beat my friends ganon with sheik. I do much better with marth for some reason, maybe my strategy and tactics are all wrong or other stuff.
Sheik just needs to base her game around the chain throw. Don't forget about jabs to jump canceled grabs. Forward tilts work well against Ganon's approaches, and Sheik's crouch gives them the ability to duck underneath Ganon's grab entirely. Also, your forward air is much much faster than Ganon's. Down throw to down throw to 90 damage to forward air. The most amazing combo ever to be done on a Ganon.

The only dumb question is the one that goes unasked. If you don't know something, how else should you be expected to learn it?

No johns, son.
Hahahahahahahahahahaha.

What's amazing to me is how much you can suck at this game and STILL talk like you have people's respect. Stop ruining my threads before I report your *** for having no life. Your entire presence here in this thread is a john. So really STFU PLZ KTHX *******.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
You'll only have trouble vs. Gimpyfish's Bowser. ;)

Seriously, Gimpy is just too effing good.

Thanks for the advice so far guys. Seriously, I really appreciate it. :)
awwwwwwww <3

haha

good topic guys, maybe i should combine this topic and the linguini topic and make it into a singular "ganon questions" topic

amirite?

OTRU...

Smash Champion
no offense to chaddd but he seems to be too proud to work out a thread with linguini, although they are both good, it would be much better to have a single questions and answers thread tho

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
awwwwwwww <3

haha
^_^

no offense to chaddd but he seems to be too proud to work out a thread with linguini, although they are both good, it would be much better to have a single questions and answers thread tho
I don't think Chaddd is being proud. I don't think Chaddd has a problem with Linguini; just his blind supporters (no offense to Linguini. Linguini is pretty good... way better than me anyway... :( ). I don't think Chaddd said anywhere in this thread he had a problem with Linguini (unless I misread something).

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
Yes Gimpy, I think you should combine the threads, seeing as linguini's is already stickied, akwardly.

chaddd

Smash Lord
I am definitely not too proud to combine topics with Linguini. I don't, however, agree with all the tips he gives. This is most likely due to differences in style and move choices, but it would be best to have a single thread, I think, with different opinions from many different styles.

Linguini's a cool kid, and he's got quite a stylish Ganon. This isn't to say I would consider him better than me, or even worse for that fact, I just don't think he's done quite as much as some of the other ganon players out there, and seems to derive most of his the name he's made for himself from that single crew battle performance. I mean, good stuff, obviously, repping the south. I just haven't seen much else from Linguini in terms of performance other than the South vs East Crew Battle. This also isn't to say I haven't seen him play, but everyone I talk to that's played us both tells me I would wreck him(no offense meant here, it's just what I've been hearing), and so this makes me believe that that fact that he's suddenly known as this Ganon expert is not entirely accurate.

But seriously though, Linguini, I like your Ganon. I just like my Ganon more. lol. You're a cool person, though, from what I saw at LTEC. Same with the majority of Florida. I'm even getting along with XIF these days. Haha. So no hate, guys. All Ganon players are equal in my eyes. We need to stick together before our character ends up completely respectless. Yeah, I just made up a word. Peace dizzles.

Linguini

Smash Master
I am definitely not too proud to combine topics with Linguini. I don't, however, agree with all the tips he gives. This is most likely due to differences in style and move choices, but it would be best to have a single thread, I think, with different opinions from many different styles.

Linguini's a cool kid, and he's got quite a stylish Ganon. This isn't to say I would consider him better than me, or even worse for that fact, I just don't think he's done quite as much as some of the other ganon players out there, and seems to derive most of his the name he's made for himself from that single crew battle performance. I mean, good stuff, obviously, repping the south. I just haven't seen much else from Linguini in terms of performance other than the South vs East Crew Battle. This also isn't to say I haven't seen him play, but everyone I talk to that's played us both tells me I would wreck him(no offense meant here, it's just what I've been hearing), and so this makes me believe that that fact that he's suddenly known as this Ganon expert is not entirely accurate.

But seriously though, Linguini, I like your Ganon. I just like my Ganon more. lol. You're a cool
person, though, from what I saw at LTEC. Same with the majority of Florida. I'm even getting along with XIF these days. Haha. So no hate, guys. All Ganon players are equal in my eyes. We need to stick together before our character ends up completely respectless. Yeah, I just made up a word. Peace dizzles.
Im down for combining our threads, I dont really care if ppl doubt me. I perform well in FL tournaments(lost to sheikssbm in LTEC and Lambchops and got 9th), got to third pools at fc and get top five at the FL tournaments always. Sure, im not saying you dont have the right to your opinion but chaddd, I dont see where your performance shows. You do well in GA but lets be realistic, competition in FL is alot tougher. You did great at LTEC but I could say thats one tournament.
Either way let's mm next time $10.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
what about me...you know

random ganon who's better than most but will most likely lose to the likes of chaddd, renth, and linguini

you know...mood4food

no one is in the mood4food

k thanx byez

XD

just trying to put up a distraction

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
what about me...you know

random ganon who's better than most but will most likely lose to the likes of chaddd, renth, and linguini

you know...mood4food

no one is in the mood4food

k thanx byez

XD

just trying to put up a distraction

Hey... I just realized something about your location....

GANNON-BANNED!!!!!

[/spam]

chaddd

Smash Lord
You do well in GA but lets be realistic, competition in FL is alot tougher. You did great at LTEC but I could say thats one tournament.
Either way let's mm next time $10.
Hell yeah. 20$?

And yeah, it was one tournament. But it was also one Crew Battle. And you know for a fact that I would have been on the team in your place had I gone to FC. You ARE good. You DO have talent AND potential, just don't ride one thing so hard just because a few people cheer you on. No disrespect at all on my end, I would honestly be thrilled to take credit for busting *** with Ganondorf in a crew battle, but it was still one of the first times you've busted *** out of state, and it seems to me that I've done that a lot more than you since I started playing this game. You're good, just don't let so much go to your head, man.

Linguini

Smash Master
Hell yeah. 20$?

And yeah, it was one tournament. But it was also one Crew Battle. And you know for a fact that I would have been on the team in your place had I gone to FC. You ARE good. You DO have talent AND potential, just don't ride one thing so hard just because a few people cheer you on. No disrespect at all on my end, I would honestly be thrilled to take credit for busting *** with Ganondorf in a crew battle, but it was still one of the first times you've busted *** out of state, and it seems to me that I've done that a lot more than you since I started playing this game. You're good, just don't let so much go to your head, man.
Um.......I tryed out for the team and players their top player including Shiz, Speedn,DOH, Xelic,Rockrock,and Nite. They all really wanted me on the team due to my tryout performance against them. So..basically theres no argument, I didnt just show up and get on the team as you thought. I havent been riding on anything,why are you saying false statments, I never boasted about my performance. And no it wasnt the first time for me going oos, I also did well at pound 2.
I accept $20. I have nothing more to say.

chaddd

Smash Lord
Um.......I tryed out for the team and players their top player including Shiz, Speedn,DOH, Xelic,Rockrock,and Nite. They all really wanted me on the team due to my tryout performance against them. So..basically theres no argument, I didnt just show up and get on the team as you thought. I havent been riding on anything,why are you saying false statments, I never boasted about my performance. And no it wasnt the first time for me going oos, I also did well at pound 2.
I accept $20. I have nothing more to say.
And I've beaten everyone on that list except Xelic and DOH who I have never played. Even SpeedN was going to recommend me for the team. Stop pretending like you're hot **** because you took some stocks in a crew battle. sh*t.

20$. As we stated in my combo video thread, good luck, may the best person win. But really, thanks for the money dude.

Linguini

Smash Master
And I've beaten everyone on that list except Xelic and DOH who I have never played. Even SpeedN was going to recommend me for the team. Stop pretending like you're hot **** because you took some stocks in a crew battle. sh*t.

20$. As we stated in my combo video thread, good luck, may the best person win. But really, thanks for the money dude.
Why you so aggressive mangz, like I said in my previous post I was never pretending I was hot ****" or boasting.Dunno why you care that much about what people think of me. I was just answering some doubts about the south team.
You think our match will be easy, then your wrong, I got the tippy training.
;)

wow your acting like a total a$$hole why are you so obsess in putting me down?and Why do you care of what people think of me?

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
oh man, there is some spicy competition for who has the hottest ganon now.

on a slightly sadder note, here is a link to a not so old match up. I'd like to think I improved alot but i still get wrecked in this match-up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a96kR0zrlkg&mode=related&search=

please tailor your recommendations to the fight, and not give general advice. feel free to point out the minute and second of a crucial error. I know at 2:36 I should've uair-ed other than that, it's just ****.

Fats

Renth

Smash Hero
Why you so aggressive mangz, like I said in my previous post I was never pretending I was hot ****" or boasting. I was just answering some doubts about the south team.
You think our match will be easy, then your wrong, I got the tippy training.
;)
:laugh:

I want in on some of this fun mangzzz.

Honestly Chaddd, Linguini hasn't been talking himself up everyone else does and yes it does get frustrating hearing about it all the time but who cares what other people think amirite? There are few really good ganon mains out there so let's chill and get along. Ganon mains are a few and proud people because a lot of people don't take ganon mains seriously or atleast they didn't back when i first started playing the game roughly 2 years ago.

So Gimpy as far as combining threads go i'm chill i get along with everyone but if there are tip conflicts it could just generate a spam thread between the ganons. I don't much care either way if they're combined or not. But like if one particularly believes there is only one way you should ever fight a marth then they other chimes in with a different response they continue on and on about how each other are wrong.

Everyone needs to realize that Advice threads are only set as guide lines and the only true way to get good at a match up is through experience advice is good and all but it can only take you so far. Most of it falls on the player to step it up and then if our advice doesn't work they will come back and complain correct? That's wrong take our advice or not but in the end it's up to you the player to make the difference.

So it's amazing to want to watch two really good ganon mains ditto and put money on the line and all this other epic blah blah but still seriously you guys need to chill what's the use of bickering over absolutely nothing. If you combine the threads i'm all for it if you don't whatever makes no difference to me in the long run. More the help we can get is great grand whatever up to you guys.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Ganon is a beast in the hands of all 3 of you guys. Linguini, Chaddd, and Renth. Let's get some love going between us ganon mains!

chaddd

Smash Lord
First of all, I never said he was saying anything about him being hot ****, but something about the fact that he suddenly believes himself to be qualified to tell people how to "wreck b*tches" with Ganondorf says something about what he thinks about it. Everyone should calm hostility as I quite obviously meant none, before this thread gets closed pointlessly.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
enough arguing peoples, i'm considering closing both threads and making a new ganon questions thread, although the transfer of info tends to be lost from that...

anyways, my idea for now is making a topic of my own where anyone can answer the questions, if you two can behave and not argue (meaning just give your own answers) then that'd work out for the best, two different ganon styles answering questions means more info for the other ganons...

hmmm

well i'm still thinking about it for now, we shall see

LoOshKiN

Smash Journeyman
:laugh:lol Gimpy your a crazy cool moderator :laugh: anyways, How do i destroy Link? help. approach advice and the like. Chaingrab, great, what else? Uair for easy gimp, what else?

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
this topic is being closed as is the other one in favor of the new ultimate ganon topic which i'm hoping linguini chaddd and renth will use to answer questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom