• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

( UPDATE) Brawl DX version 1.7 Official Thread

Da Man

Smash Lord
NNID
Tendoman77
Game keeps freezing for me on the stage select screen and My Music still messes up. And sometimes the game freezes when I reach the loading screen before the opening movie. Using 1.7 by the way.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
The issue with My Music i'm assuming is with Battlefields songs. Thats done purposely to avoid My Music crashing for battlefield as it's been a constant issue with the Brawl EX Clone Engine. As for it freezing on the stage select screen I'm reuploading with a proper GCT file as i forgot to include the disable custom stages code thats helps avoid freezing on the stage select screen for non homebrew users

EDIT: The download link has been updated hopefully this fixes your freezing issues, if the problems persist then it could be your SD card thats causing the issue.

Last edited:

Da Man

Smash Lord
NNID
Tendoman77
The issue with My Music i'm assuming is with Battlefields songs. Thats done purposely to avoid My Music crashing for battlefield as it's been a constant issue with the Brawl EX Clone Engine. As for it freezing on the stage select screen I'm reuploading with a proper GCT file as i forgot to include the disable custom stages code thats helps avoid freezing on the stage select screen for non homebrew users

EDIT: The download link has been updated hopefully this fixes your freezing issues, if the problems persist then it could be your SD card thats causing the issue.
Well if it matters I'm only using a 1GB SD card, however I'm using a PAL wii since I'm from England but with a NTSC copy of Brawl that I can easily run thanks to gecko.

Also got a 2GB card but that's for my personal Project M build.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
There shouldn't be any problem if your using a NTSC copy. Though that update to the GCT file should fix your problem as what was likely happening was the game was trying to load the custom stage that boots up gecko OS when you would go to the stage select screen because of the fact that custom stages were disabled.

Silic0n

Smash Cadet
NNID
Silic0n
Mewtwo in this version makes me :'( His F-air was so great.

Silic0n

Smash Cadet
NNID
Silic0n
Actually scratch that, it's still great, it just needs to be used is a slightly different way, which isn't even that hard.

Last edited:
NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
Yea It's much more versatile in terms of how it can hit opponents as now it has 3 different hitboxes depending on where the shockwave hits the opponent.

Silic0n

Smash Cadet
NNID
Silic0n
Yeah, it is definitely way better in this version. My first post was pretty ignorant since I made after playing the new version for all of minutes. :p

Psi Sig

Smash Journeyman
I really like the weight and speed changes, I think the game feels alot better now. still getting used to the brawl dash dancing.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
Feels really nice, each character has strengths and weaknesses. Louie feels weirder, he is definitely going to take some time to get used to. Dark Meta Knight's new side smash is cool but the explosion part never hits. Dr. Mario is so ridiculously fun and great, he's a combo master, really.

Which brings me to my question and a partially annoying question (so sorry in advance): What types of characters can we expect in Brawl DX aside from clones?

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
Well creating characters from scratch while it's completely possible would require an immense amount of work especially as i'm currently a one man team. Not that i'm against recruiting people just it would be difficult to manage. I have more character planed and whether they could be considered clones or not depends on what one views as a clone. I don't really consider Louie a clone of olimar at this point. Most of the "clones" have been given the luigi treatment in terms of being vaguely similar.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
Well creating characters from scratch while it's completely possible would require an immense amount of work especially as i'm currently a one man team. Not that i'm against recruiting people just it would be difficult to manage. I have more character planed and whether they could be considered clones or not depends on what one views as a clone. I don't really consider Louie a clone of olimar at this point. Most of the "clones" have been given the luigi treatment in terms of being vaguely similar.
By no means do I want you to do more work than necessary, but by clones I meant characters whose movesets are based off another, like DMK, Louie, Roy, and Ganondorf. A full clone would be like Lucina in the upcoming Smash where she is pretty much copy pasted from Marth

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
Currently uploading the mirror link as recently dropbox has disabled the download link due to traffic.

Also as far a more characters are concerned so far i can say that while i have things in the pipe line i can't move forward with those projects until the Brawl EX Clone Engine makes further advancements with the available characters that are able to be cloned.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
slight update with blast zone and camera fixes for GHZ, Midair stadium and green greens will be up in the morning. also will fix some spawn point issues for GHZ and MidairStadium as well.

6f5e4d

Smash Rookie
So, how were the stages altered, are some hazards removed while new ones are made, and will characters make cameos on certain stages that they didnt appear on

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
stages have been changed in terms of hazards and such not being present for the most part. Such as spear pillar no longer having effects like flipping or decrease in gravity. As far as cameos go there aren't really any outside of a Giratina version of spear pillar that replaces the one that features cresselia.

The One Who Wrote This

Great Robo Cup Champion
NNID
Cyberking1994
3DS FC
1719-3182-9276
I have to say that this is so far a very well done mod. I enjoyed playing it a LOT more than any of the other mods I have played (played Project M and I don't like it that much [took out too much Brawl for my taste] and played Balanced Brawl and thought it was pretty good but was not different enough from Brawl to be considered its own thing [it's STILL a spectacular mod though and I think of it as a great extension/patch to vBrawl]). This mod attempts to be different while not alienating fans of Brawl and succeeds in my mind. I'm going to use this over Project M at my college.

Anyways, I've played 1.7 and I noticed something different Mewtwo. First, I noticed that Mewtwo was fell a LOT faster than he did in Melee. In fact, it kinda felt like Star Fox falling speed. I also noticed that his Back and Up throws were a bit weaker than in Melee knockback wise. These two things don't bother me as he still controls very nicely and his Psycho Cut is an amazing for knockback (I like it a TON more than Shadow Claw in Melee). I just noticed that those two things were different (probably to encourage the use of his other moves, which is good as I have a friend who plays Mewtwo too defensively in Melee). And as a Ganondorf Main/Secondary, I REALLY love that you added the jump refresh from Melee's aerial Wizard's Foot that was taken out of Brawl (and that he laughs when a Thunder Drop hits [it's a great mind game tool that I'm going to use as much as I can]). That makes me want to main Ganondorf again. :joyful:

Also, I don't mean this in a bad way, but I noticed a (humorous) glitch with Dark Meta Knight's taunts. If you do down taunt (the one where he flaps his wings) and then immediately do up taunt (the new one that replaces Meta Knight's "Fight Me" taunt), he has his wings erect while still having his cape on his back. The wings go away after Up Taunt is done however, so it's nothing serious. :)

Keep up the great work mate! I'm enjoying every moment of it! :grin:

Last edited:

Rage83

Smash Ace
Currently uploading the mirror link as recently dropbox has disabled the download link due to traffic.

Also as far a more characters are concerned so far i can say that while i have things in the pipe line i can't move forward with those projects until the Brawl EX Clone Engine makes further advancements with the available characters that are able to be cloned.
A little something that might help: the modules from the unstable brawlex v2 are compatible with the stable brawlex 1.2. Also, a lucas BrawlEx rel works perfectly as a ness rel.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
I added them in using the old way that involved manually editing the selcharacter.pac and using the custom CSS code Also the patch is up that fixes Green Hill Zone.

Last edited:

Sonsa

Smash Champion
I've never played a Pikmin game, but I find Louie to be a pretty fun character! I don't really mind clone or semi-clone characters as long as they're different characters (examples: Marth and Lucina or Fox and Falco)
I was just wondering when you plan to update again with maybe more characters (maybe from the upcoming smash games?) maybe a week or a month or two? No rush, quality is very important, just wondering.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
Sorry for the lack of updates recently. As far as what the future holds for Brawl DX with the incoming arrival of Smash 4. I've got some nice things planned as far as character adjustments are concerned. DX will be slowly shifting in a much smoother direction from 1.7 on-wards, as for character additions, don't expect anything overly outrageous but other than that, i'm going to remain silent on discussing characters.......for now :p

SuperSmashDrake

Smash Cadet
NNID
SuperSmashDrake
3DS FC
4811-7419-2384
So my roommates and I have been playing this for the past few days. We like it a lot and think it has a great chance to replace Project M as our main game. Not only because the physics/speed is a kind of preparation for SSB4, but we do like the new characters. I'm loving Dark Meta Knight and love the changes to Mewtwo, with the exception of his hover being taken out.

Anyways, keep up the great work.

DragonRob20

Smash Apprentice
Brawl DX > Project M. I respect Project M for what they try to do but it just feels to melee for my own good. Brawl DX has the fun value of brawl without the bull that came with it. Perfect Speed, no tripping and new characters to enjoy. Any chance you can add Dixie Kong in future updates? Ide love to see her in any form of smash :O

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
I plan to try and have one last update for DX 2.0 after smash 4 launches in the US. As far as adding dixie that lies mostly on if The brawl ex clone engine gets updated and adds support for making clones of diddy.

Pkjoan

Smash Apprentice
EDIT 2: Nevermind Already fixed my problem.

Just a little request, can you change the B moves of some characters to make this mod more unique, I feel like some characters need a revamp to make this feel special. Also, please buff Ganondorf.

Last edited:
NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
as far as more characters go a lot of that hinges on if the brawl clone engine gets an update that allows me to make clones for ness and other characters as currently a lot of the cast can't be cloned. also i'm pretty sure this works with hackless wiis thanks to the stage builder exploit. that boots gecko up through that.

This project isn't Officially done yet but with smash 4's upcoming release on Wii U people will have to wait a but longer before i can update this.

So in the words of Mr. Iwata, "please understand".

Last edited:

Earthbound012

Smash Rookie
Naw dude i completely understand. Cant wait to try this out! Looks nice from what ive seen so far though

Rage83

Smash Ace
as far as more characters go a lot of that hinges on if the brawl clone engine gets an update that allows me to make clones for ness and other characters as currently a lot of the cast can't be cloned. also i'm pretty sure this works with hackless wiis thanks to the stage builder exploit. that boots gecko up through that.

This project isn't Officially done yet but with smash 4's upcoming release on Wii U people will have to wait a but longer before i can update this.

So in the words of Mr. Iwata, "please understand".
A Lucas REL can be used perfectly as a Ness REL. Simply make the Ness based character using Lucas' BrawlEx REL: and config files.

Also, the configs from the unstable versions of BrawlEx work(with the exception of the Zelda and Sheik ones).

C0rvus

Pro Hands Catcher
I hope that Smash 4 didn't make this mod stop, I enjoyed it very much, and it can go so much farther (plus it's faster than Smash 4 which is nice.) Keep it up!

Baby_Sneak

Smash Champion
NNID
sneak_diss
bump, because There's not a reason in the universe that this thread should go dead
:skull::confused::crazy:

EDIT: also, I forgot. do you guys think that Meta Knight > Dark Meta knight? Meta Knight has better juggle game, recovery, aerials overall slightly, and Up-b. Dark Meta Knight only has tilts and smashes

Last edited:

metalclaws

Smash Rookie
First of all, this mod is amazing!
i do have a MAJOR problem with the time limit in stocks match's.

can you remove it or tell how to remove the time limit?

C0rvus

Pro Hands Catcher
First of all, this mod is amazing!
i do have a MAJOR problem with the time limit in stocks match's.

can you remove it or tell how to remove the time limit?
If you go to the rules menu, then go to "More Rules", there should be an option for "Stock Time Limit". Simply set that to 0, and there will be no time limit for stock matches. Personally, I never run out of time during a 3 stock, 8 minute match, but it's always there for you to change as you please.

Pikmin1211

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pikmin1211
3DS FC
0044-3220-8865
If you go to the rules menu, then go to "More Rules", there should be an option for "Stock Time Limit". Simply set that to 0, and there will be no time limit for stock matches. Personally, I never run out of time during a 3 stock, 8 minute match, but it's always there for you to change as you please.
Actually, you set it to infinite, not zero.

Top Bottom