• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

( UPDATE) Brawl DX version 1.7 Official Thread

metalclaws

Smash Rookie
Thanks for the answers.

for those the game freezes for them, i found a reason why:
roy doesnt have pac file..!
iv copied the pac file from version 1.5 into 1.7 and it works perfectly!

to the creator:

Indeed amazing job! this is the ultimate mod i found so far.
Thank u for all the hard work!!

for my opinion, you need to fix Louie running...
Also, if you could seperate the pokemon trainer into 3 slots that will be sweet.

A little suggestion: pichu :)

Keep the good work, very enjoyable mod!

Last edited:

randomguy2730

Smash Cadet
NNID
guyOFrndm
This is my favorite mod now since I can't play Project M and Brawl is too slow and "trippy." However, I am having issues...
1. On the Wii, when I load up the CSS for the first time, only Link's portraits have changed...
2. Also on the Wii, I can only play one match. After the first match, the CSS loads all the portraits, but when I try and load a new match, the Wii freezes.
3. On Dolphin 3.0, this works perfectly, however, the CSS only loads the Brawl CSS (with the exception of Link, of course).

HELP, PLEASE?!

randomguy2730

Smash Cadet
NNID
guyOFrndm
did you set the gecko hook type to AXNextFrame?
And, btw, my Dolphin version stopped working with my computer (generic $350 laptop with a Pentium at 2.16GHz and Intel HD 4000...), so I won't be able to test it on Dolphin.
Also, if anyone may view his thread, I would like some help also on this!
Love supporting Brawl DX since it's so awesome.

BoomBoxEMusic

Smash Apprentice
ok so question? is brawl DX a copy of brawlex, or brawl+, or brawl- and so for the question it's that i use iso builder and need it specific

randomguy2730

Smash Cadet
NNID
guyOFrndm
ok so question? is brawl DX a copy of brawlex, or brawl+, or brawl- and so for the question it's that i use iso builder and need it specific
It's a PM mod that rids the world of l-cancels and wave-dashes/-lands and blends the overall physics of PM/Melee with Brawl (or vice versa). Look through the files and see what you find... :) I've done plenty of that...
In the common5.pac file, there are no "MiscData[#]" folders/archives in the char_bust_tex archive, as well as a variety of other things I find interestingly done...
Again, I'm no Brawl mod master or guru, but this is a PM mod that changes physics and adds one character, Louie.
(Hope this was helpful at least a bit!)

Last edited:

Pikmin1211

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pikmin1211
3DS FC
0044-3220-8865
It's a PM mod that rids the world of l-cancels and wave-dashes/-lands and blends the overall physics of PM/Melee with Brawl (or vice versa). Look through the files and see what you find... :) I've done plenty of that...
In the common5.pac file, there are no "MiscData[#]" folders/archives in the char_bust_tex archive, as well as a variety of other things I find interestingly done...
Again, I'm no Brawl mod master or guru, but this is a PM mod that changes physics and adds one character, Louie.
(Hope this was helpful at least a bit!)
This is also wrong. Brawl DX is it's own mod, independent from all the others.

randomguy2730

Smash Cadet
NNID
guyOFrndm
This is also wrong. Brawl DX is it's own mod, independent from all the others.
Oh, okay. I didn't know. It looks similar to Project M. (E.g., the CSS and character portraits...) But anyways this Brawl mod is amazing and I wasn't trying to bring it down calling it "just another PM mod," if that's how it came across.

Keep up the good work on Brawl DX!

TeddyBearYoshi

Banned via Warnings
This is a very cool mod. Is it still in development?
If not, would you mind if someone else took over?

Also, is it possible to add Brawl PSAs to this in a custom build using BrawlEX? Sorry for my ignorance.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
This is a very cool mod. Is it still in development?
If not, would you mind if someone else took over?

Also, is it possible to add Brawl PSAs to this in a custom build using BrawlEX? Sorry for my ignorance.
^ This is a great question. I wish I could do some testing but my wii is out of commission and I can't find out the answer for you.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
I have a friend (I don't know what he goes by on Smashboards) who is working on Louie a bit more. I've also started making a costume for Louie as well, but it's not an official part of this project.

Dr. Bread

Smash Apprentice
i see a lot of brawl mods that advertise "increased hitstun"
is there actually more hitstun? or are you no longer able to airdodge/attack before hitstun duration is over?
i'd actually rather not play a game with the former, and afaik brawl/melee/smash 4 calculate hitstun duration with the same formula.

Top Bottom