• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

( UPDATE) Brawl DX version 1.7 Official Thread

Project SonicSpeed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SonicSpeed432
3DS FC
0000-0000-0000
Ignore the top comment, but why should you care about peopl thinking its still brawl becuse it is technically just a more melee-esque brawl type mod, no offense. maybe when i get the equipment i will record some one on one replays to make those people shut the **** up. this is thesame argument that they're having over smash 4 being brawl 2.0. don't wry dude i will never let this project be underatted by any non-competitive noobs or melee only stereotypes. p.s: i got your back man

Last edited:

Project SonicSpeed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SonicSpeed432
3DS FC
0000-0000-0000
Ignore the top comment, but why should you care about peopl thinking its still brawl becuse it is a more melee-esque brawl type mod. maybe when i get the equipment i will record some one on one replays to make those people shut the **** up. this is thesame argument that they're having over smash 4 being brawl 2.0. don't wry dude i will never let this project be underatted by any non-competitive noobs or melee only stereotypes. p.s: i got your back man

Project SonicSpeed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SonicSpeed432
3DS FC
0000-0000-0000
Ignore the top comment, but why should you care about peopl thinking its still brawl becuse it is a more melee-esque brawl type mod. maybe when i get the equipment i will record some one on one replays to make those people shut the **** up. this is thesame argument that they're having over smash 4 being brawl 2.0. don't wry dude i will never let this project be underatted by any non-competitive noobs or melee only stereotypes. p.s: i got your back man
sorry for double post. :cool:

Scoob

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I want to see this game in action by people who know what they are doing. My bro and I played a bunch and I'm worried spamming air dodge is still way too OP. Also Roy's side-b kills really early, but that may just be saltiness lol.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
we're trying to get footage recorded can't say we will though for sure but i definitely pln to get some footage recorded eventually that shows off some of the changes made to a more skillful degree.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
Too anyone who has downloaded version 1.5 a balance patch is going to be up hopefully within the week that makes some adjustments to some characters and other aspects.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
I'd don't plan on changing the movesets of any of the veterans i'm simply making adjustments to their existing moveset. While that may upset some, it makes the balancing process far easier given that with adding entirely new moves to a veteran would require far more balance testing than simply adjusting an existing move so that it functions better.

Though new characters are in the works they won't be in the patch i'm releasing soon. As for more alternate costume those are something i'll be putting aside for later. Though as I've stated before i won't be adding in any new third party characters.

Rage83

Smash Ace
Quick question: How would I edit the CSS for additional costumes/clones, seeing as how BrawlDX doesn't use CSSRosterConfig.dat?

Last edited:
NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
yes as well as the issue with playing as ZSS and it reverting back to samus.

EDIT: there's also some more surprises that i'm going to throw in though i probably won't say what they are. :p

Last edited:

Baby_Sneak

Smash Champion
NNID
sneak_diss
Voicing my thoughts real quick.

I think as a mod, this games's goal should be bigger. Never set your goals so short that when the goal is met, there's nothing to do. This mod should be more than bridging a gap to ssb4, cuz when it arrives, basically this mod should cease to exist.

Talking on gameplay, it would be like a true smooth experience if it had more melee DashDance, because brawl has a stupid short amount of time to usalize it, and it feels unreasonably hard and useless. Other than that, again raise your goals higher than they are, it will also get more notice from other players.

PS: this game on heavy gravity with DMG ratio:1.1 is by far the funnest thing you'll ever encounter.

Last edited:

Scoob

Smash Apprentice
I say add more characters! Just no more semi-clones. There are enough of those. Or, you could develop them more. Louie has some potential, you should make more changes to him.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
Sorry if i've been making people wait awhile for the update, it's taken awhile to get some things fixed and other new things working for specific characters. Though it's just about ready so please hang on a bit longer.

Scoob

Smash Apprentice
Sorry if i've been making people wait awhile for the update, it's taken awhile to get some things fixed and other new things working for specific characters. Though it's just about ready so please hang on a bit longer.
Don't sweat it, bro. We all know you're doing this alone, so we can be patient. We understand that this stuff can take a while when you're on your own. Keep it up! This mod is extremely impressive considering its your work alone.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
Howdy, I'm a new fan of this mod and I absolutely love it. Great work, can't wait to see more.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
Just about done with the last few adjustments to specific characters. While i'll say right now no new characters, the cast as a whole will feel much tighter in how exactly each character plays. I'll share more on that soon

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187

Dark Meta Knights received a slight visual buff. (As far as moveset changes i'll be going into detail on that soon)

He's also received a new color replacing his old bronze yellow color

On top of that heres Louie's Portrait. I had chosen to go back to the original render (which was created by Nanobuds for those wondering awhile back for his louie model import which is used here)

The Character Select Screen Portraits for the cast have been reverted to their Vbrawl images for multiple reasons, with the most important being that this allows for easier addition of new costumes as well as reducing the overall file size for those who download DX.

We're approaching the newest versions release very soon (yes i know I've said it many times). Many characters have seen changes, some big, some small so please look forward to it.

Last edited:

Rage83

Smash Ace

Dark Meta Knights received a slight visual buff. (As far as moveset changes i'll be going into detail on that soon)

He's also received a new color replacing his old bronze yellow color

On top of that heres Louie's Portrait. I had chosen to go back to the original render (which was created by Nanobuds for those wondering awhile back for his louie model import which is used here)

The Character Select Screen Portraits for the cast have been reverted to their Vbrawl images for multiple reasons, with the most important being that this allows for easier addition of new costumes as well as reducing the overall file size for those who download DX.

We're approaching the newest versions release very soon (yes i know I've said it many times). Many characters have seen changes, some big, some small so please look forward to it.
Would it be okay with you if I released my custom build of Brawl DX?

Rage83

Smash Ace
i don't see why not though obviously it wouldn't be considered an official build.
Thanks. I just asked because some people think that custom builds would have "identity issues" with the original. Naturally, if you had a problem with it, I wouldn't put the build up.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
Hey kid craft, just came to see how the project was coming along? I presume it hasn't come out due to real life stuff and if so, we wish you luck. Just making sure that you know that we all still like this project and we're supporting you all the way. Cheers!

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
Things are coming along well. at it stands now it should be out by next week. Currently compiling a list of the major changes to this version (1.7). There also going to be a tournament the 23rd in my area that version 1.7 will be used for and this time we're trying hard to make sure theres a stream.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
Things are coming along well. at it stands now it should be out by next week. Currently compiling a list of the major changes to this version (1.7). There also going to be a tournament the 23rd in my area that version 1.7 will be used for and this time we're trying hard to make sure theres a stream.
That's pretty good, can't wait to see the update.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
Oh it will be glorious >:3
Specifically for the new characters that were added specifically for DX. they've received quite a few nice changes, Though overall the game itself feels more weighty and faster but nothing to the point where if you've played brawl, or the previous version of DX or even Pm or melee (granted no L-Cancels or wavedashing) that you should feel any thing drastic. The changes mainly subtle but overall add up to big things for every character.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
Oh it will be glorious >:3
Specifically for the new characters that were added specifically for DX. they've received quite a few nice changes, Though overall the game itself feels more weighty and faster but nothing to the point where if you've played brawl, or the previous version of DX or even Pm or melee (granted no L-Cancels or wavedashing) that you should feel any thing drastic. The changes mainly subtle but overall add up to big things for every character.
Can we get some info about at least one character to build up the hype?

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
Today i'm bringing you some information regarding changes to Louie.

In previous iterations, louie played very similar to olimar outside of his increased mobility and his new down b. With the fact that he no longer had any means of recalling his pikmin louie's playstyle heavily relied on him maintaining a constant stream of pikmin, even more so than olimar.

For version 1.7 these issues have been addressed to some degree.

Although this time around louie's pikmi count has been reduced from 6 to 4 making what pikmin he has more important but easier to manage

First is louie's new Down smash.

Louie now charge up and blows his whistle with the surrounding area around him producing a stun hitbox simialr to zero suit samus's down smash. The top area above him also has a hitbox that while doesn't stun pops opponents upwards for combos.

Louie's new up tilt not is a two hit attack where he lunges upward and slams his head forward

Jump into the air and lift opponents up

then slam down for a a safe landing

This move also has a sweetspot located at the nose where if landing will spike. The move seems more like a headbutt technique used in volleyball when used that way :p

As for louie's upsmash it's been replaced with his old utilt with notably more power.

Louie's playstyle now shifts between reliance on both his pikmin and himself for KO's and now he isn't necessarily useless without them.

also i'd like to point out one other change pertaining to mewtwo

Previously his new forward air (Psycho Cut) traveled at a very narrow diagonal angle making it a very niche KO move. This has been remedied by it now being a wide covering attack with multiple hitboxes spread throughout the move. Although the move has a bit more cooldown than before, the buff in it's application as a good spacing and KO tool for mewtwo helps makes it far more versatile.

• While i'm here i might as well inform everyone now that The newest version of Brawl DX will be dropping on Wednesday the 13th. This will mark it's release being 2 months apart from version 1.5 I hope everyone has been enjoying DX thus far and i'm looking forward to the number of people enjoying DX to increase with this newest update. I've been working hard to make this newest update feel as smooth and intuitive as possible so i hope your all looking forward to it.

Last edited:

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
Today i'm bringing you some information regarding changes to Louie.

In previous iterations, louie played very similar to olimar outside of his increased mobility and his new down b. With the fact that he no longer had any means of recalling his pikmin louie's playstyle heavily relied on him maintaining a constant stream of pikmin, even more so than olimar.

For version 1.7 these issues have been addressed to some degree.

Although this time around louie's pikmi count has been reduced from 6 to 4 making what pikmin he has more important but easier to manage

First is louie's new Down smash.

Louie now charge up and blows his whistle with the surrounding area around him producing a stun hitbox simialr to zero suit samus's down smash. The top area above him also has a hitbox that while doesn't stun pops opponents upwards for combos.

Louie's new up tilt not is a two hit attack where he lunges upward and slams his head forward

Jump into the air and lift opponents up

then slam down for a a safe landing

This move also has a sweetspot located at the nose where if landing will spike. The move seems more like a headbutt technique used in volleyball when used that way :p

As for louie's upsmash it's been replaced with his old utilt with notably more power.

Louie's playstyle now shifts between reliance on both his pikmin and himself for KO's and now he isn't necessarily useless without them.

also i'd like to point out one other change pertaining to mewtwo

Previously his new forward air (Psycho Cut) traveled at a very narrow diagonal angle making it a very niche KO move. This has been remedied by it now being a wide covering attack with multiple hitboxes spread throughout the move. Although the move has a bit more cooldown than before, the buff in it's application as a good spacing and KO tool for mewtwo helps makes it far more versatile.

• While i'm here i might as well inform everyone now that The newest version of Brawl DX will be dropping on Wednesday the 13th. This will mark it's release being 2 months apart from version 1.5 I hope everyone has been enjoying DX thus far and i'm looking forward to the number of people enjoying DX to increase with this newest update. I've been working hard to make this newest update feel as smooth and intuitive as possible so i hope your all looking forward to it.
I'm very interested in seeing the mew Louie. Glad to see it coming on the only boring day for me next week, I can't wait to play!

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
Almost time...

EDIT: Well Every Version 1.7 is now live over the course of the day i'll be updating with further screenshots polishing up the OP and getting a mirror link up as i know theres gonna be traffic.

ENJOY!

Last edited:

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
Almost time...

EDIT: Well Every Version 1.7 is now live over the course of the day i'll be updating with further screenshots polishing up the OP and getting a mirror link up as i know theres gonna be traffic.

ENJOY!
Downloading as we speak, I'll be letting you know what I think.

Top Bottom