• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Update 1/7* Light/Forte VIDEOS (NEW** Mini Hobo 13 Videos)

Phyvo

Smash Journeyman
Donkey Kong and Pikachu are two vets who, evidently, everyone hates because no one's posted 1337 vids of them. >.>

Any vid where you land a falcon punch off the arena is also instant win.

forute

Smash Ace
K, I did a Mario and DK one today (And like two Ganondorf and a funny clip as Dedede..) but I'm not really good with either of those two, so.. >_>

I guess they'll be up later tonight

darkatma

Smash Hero
Mmm nice vids, you guys got the game on the 31st?
I've only played it a few times on 2/8, and half the time i'm wasnt sure what was going on :p
(except with zelda, brawl zelda isn't too far off from melee zelda)

That being said, can you guys do some lucas vs zelda matches?
I'd really like to see that matchup

WastingPenguins

Smash Ace
YAY for that new Ganon video. As a Ganon main from Melee it give me new hope. Seems he's going to adapt to a TOTALLY different ground-based playstyle... but man if his ground game isn't cool. It's just refreshing to see a video where the player realizes he's not playing Melee Dorf and isn't spamming fairs left and right.

forute

Smash Ace
YAY for that new Ganon video. As a Ganon main from Melee it give me new hope. Seems he's going to adapt to a TOTALLY different ground-based playstyle... but man if his ground game isn't cool. It's just refreshing to see a video where the player realizes he's not playing Melee Dorf and isn't spamming fairs left and right.
yeah, first time I played him I thought he sucked 'cause I kept trying to play him like in Melee and do stomp combos and stuff, but you just gotta kinda relearn the character a little. He's not bad, just changed

Itakio

Smash Journeyman
Wow, that match with Ganondorf was insane. Keep up the good work.

Also, side B to jab is pretty clever. xD

SeriousWB

Smash Apprentice
Rofl at the DDD mindgames video, going to load the rest up now. Thanks for the vids.

DarthBrittinias

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for the new videos guys! I really enjoyed the DK vs Falco video and the Ganon vs Snake. The Ganon video was the first one where it seemed like someone was playing him fairly decent, and also the first time I've seen anyone hit someone out of Ganon's side-b. I had been thinking that there had to be some move you could combo into from that. Keep these videos coming!

WastingPenguins

Smash Ace
Thanks for the new videos guys! I really enjoyed the DK vs Falco video and the Ganon vs Snake. The Ganon video was the first one where it seemed like someone was playing him fairly decent, and also the first time I've seen anyone hit someone out of Ganon's side-b. I had been thinking that there had to be some move you could combo into from that. Keep these videos coming!
Question about that if anyone might be obliging. Okay, so usually what I've seen in early Ganon vids is side-b, wait for your opponent to roll to one side and try to guess which way and side-b again. However, being able to follow up with a jab seems interesting because around 1:53 in that video Ganon side-b's and jabs, sending Snake forward, but seemingly within side-b range. Could you >B, jab, then follow up reliably with another >B since you know what side they're going to?

Also, Lolz at Dedede's crouch stance. Definitely one of the most hilarious awesome things in Brawl. He's got so much personality!

-ADA-

Smash Apprentice
I know but I laugh at when DDD jumps. Looks so stupid.

Ganon ***** Snake. Old man's still got a little something to fight for.

KMB23

Smash Journeyman
did you delete the ganon vid?
edit: nevermind, found it.

MasterCheeze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MasterCheeze
3DS FC
0688-5933-2030
I got a quick question about DK. Does he lose the ability to jump after he uses his neutral B move? It looks like after he used it he just fell to his death in that first video at 1:23. Is that so or did the person just not recover quick enough?

Phyvo

Smash Journeyman
By this point I'm almost feeling bad for Light. In nearly all the videos he gets his face stomped by Forte.

You guys are already playing above my level though, if you were to transform all my Melee experience into Brawl experience. My mindgames... suck! All those spot dodges make me dizzy. X.X

Revven

FrankerZ
I got a quick question about DK. Does he lose the ability to jump after he uses his neutral B move? It looks like after he used it he just fell to his death in that first video at 1:23. Is that so or did the person just not recover quick enough?
He does this in Melee too. As an avid DK player in Melee, if you jump and do your fully charged punch (or any B punch in general) you will fall like you used an UpB. That is why it's best to either 1) Stop charging it in the air by pressing L or R or 2) Do it close to the ground but still in the air. I was sad when he missed it and died. :(

Gennie

Smash Apprentice
Thanks Forte for using Mario in your vids :3 I like the way he looks more agile this time around, the only bad thing is his recovery, but at least he's not heavy so he shouldn't have that much trouble comming back to the stage

Btw, old man Ganondorf ownz, he looks to good

Talvi

Smash Journeyman
Why no one does Kirby videos? Looks like he still has the 'Melee' feeling, so because he sucked before, no one plays with him anymore.

case5091

Smash Rookie
Hey guys,
Long time leacher off these forums but something I noticed in the 2/10 Snake vs. Ganon video has compelled me to post. This could just be me being noobish, but it seems around 18 seconds Ganon does his b-air off a short hop and lands, for some reason, with no lag (after just using the move and landing with lag). Did anyone else notice this, or am I just crazy?

-ADA-

Smash Apprentice
lol. Yeah hopefully our cameraman won't come too early and leave before we even get warmed up. That's what usually happens. -_-

Top Bottom