• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Update 1/7* Light/Forte VIDEOS (NEW** Mini Hobo 13 Videos)

boxelder

Smash Apprentice
Nice matches guys. One thing I noticed about light's play is that he seems to lean on the arrows a lot. How come he doesn't follow people over the edge to finish off a smash? Doesn't pit have like 2,000 jumps? It seems like it'd often be better to chase him than stand there shooting arrows.

Good play though.

DarthBrittinias

Smash Apprentice
Nice matches guys. One thing I noticed about light's play is that he seems to lean on the arrows a lot. How come he doesn't follow people over the edge to finish off a smash? Doesn't pit have like 2,000 jumps? It seems like it'd often be better to chase him than stand there shooting arrows.

Good play though.
I agree with that. I think with Pit you should try to follow people off the stage and get that kill instead of relying on arrows.

Also, did you guys turn off Tap Jump, and if so do you like it more? Does it make your up tilts a lot easier?

forute

Smash Ace
He didn't change anything, but I turned off tap jump and rumble.
I detest them both!! haha, it makes them easier while you're moving around and stuff, and it makes uairs a lot better if you used the A button+analog for them. (Although I use c-stick for aerials)

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Doing Pit's upB on the ground sends up a decent ways up, about sh distance I think, before you can do anything so I would not recommend doing it on the ground. You can jump and immediately upB for the float effect though and attack out of that and lower to the ground. That can be useful at lower percents so messing up doesn't knock you off and get you killed. As far as using it as an alternative to RARing it can work but you still have to reverse your jump to float bair, but yeah lets you do it closer to ground.
I didn't know that it sent you so high from the ground. If that's the case then I'll go with the jump->up B like you said.

@Light. I wasn't aware that the up B made you go so high from the ground. I think it would be much safer to jump before up Bing so that you stay almost grounded. That way if you see your opponent trying to interupt you, you can just land. How much landing lag does Pit's up B have anyway? I'm mostly interested in the height at which I'm able to attack, as it allows a lot of control in that area. And you should be able to land before the opponent can even hit you, so you won't lose your jumps or up B afterwards. That is of course if you make sure to jump before the up B so that you stay close to the ground, which was what I had wanted it to do in the first place.

iLight

Smash Lord
I agree with that. I think with Pit you should try to follow people off the stage and get that kill instead of relying on arrows.
i would do that more except that against Forte its really hard to do, because when he plays metaknight he also has a ton of jumps and can easily and sometimes does turn the situation around on me off the ledge, as for against lucario it would be a little bit easier but Forte's use of the dair on that character gives him some strong mind games and could also end up bad for me, not to mention lucarios upB is pretty fast, and finally against zelda unelss i was already like way out there like the instant he recovers he will just teleport back to the level leaving me off the ledge and him spamming zeldas smashB

and to Sonic wave, again thats the way i did it by jumping before using it, but it still does not work that good. As to lag time when you land directly from an up B i would say almost nonexistant to none, but if you land after doing an A move then it can be fairly significant

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Well, thanks for trying it out.

Just one more thing though. If you use pit's up B while you're rising (like from a jump) does it stop your momentum? If that were the case then couldn't you just jump and then immediately up B, so that your up B would be lower than a short hop? You're use of it in the vids was pretty effective, but not exactly what I had in mind. I wanted it to be used as more of a spacing punisher, like how Ness does DJC-.Bair. I'd think the same would apply to Pit, but I could be wrong.

I saw you jump before the up B, I just thought it would come out sooner, and that you would be lower when using it.

iLight

Smash Lord
i could probably jump then upB to go shorter than a short hop but basically in order for that to do me any good i'd have to be decently close to the other player which means i wouldn't have enough time to do all that probably before they attacked me and second if i start farther back then i end up floating my way over at that level and if i get hit like that off the level then i'm dead, it might be good at low percent maybe but i don't know

Proven

Smash Apprentice
You guys really, really need to start putting the title and source (as in show) each of your songs come from. You're only going to see a ton of "what song is that?" questions from now on.

iLight

Smash Lord
well see the thing is for the videos i uploaded today i got most of the music from Forte's music and so didn't really even bother checking which one i was putting on which video since i use my camera to record them and upload them from my house

i think that generally those questions are answered easily enough and i'm not gunna be bothered enough to start listing song titles and things on videos because i'm too lazy, its enough that i even bother putting who's fighting and stuff and answer peoples questions i'm not gunna do more lol

YSM

Smash Apprentice
FINALLY, someone who actually uses Charizard. THANK YOU. And well done, too.

WastingPenguins

Smash Ace
Those Bowser videos are awesome. While a little piece of me still dies every time I see the lag on his bair :laugh:, I'm starting to understand how he's been buffed in other ways. Fire breath, WAY more useful. Ftilt, which was great in Melee, seems like it's got some crazy range on them big knuckles. New over-b is every more ridiculous than I thought, some nice grabs out of the air.

Proven

Smash Apprentice
It's going to become quite stale if you're just going to use the same songs over and over again... But, then again, if you're going to keep using the same songs over and over wouldn't it be easier to type in the names of the songs?

And why can't you just look at the file name of the song you're putting in the background? Or it's tag?

Also, nice Bowser vids. Finally someone puts in a video how his suicide move can have him still win, even if both him and his opponent have only one stock left.

Proven

Smash Apprentice
I worry more about new people coming and starting with your latest videos.

boxelder

Smash Apprentice
thanks again. Ignore the complainers. Sometimes I think the internet was invented just so people could complain about stuff. You two are the best brawl players I've seen so far so I watch all your vids.

DeadtoSin

Smash Apprentice
Wow that Light vs Forte match with Game and Watch/PT was insane. It was fun watching PT nearly come back from being two lives down.

iLight

Smash Lord
mmk between youtube and smashboards i'm just not even going to bother putting music up on the videos anymore, sound will come back when i start recording with my video camera instead of my digital, i put the music on there to give people something to listen to if they wanted it, you could always mute it, no one forced you to listen to it, so how about some more comments about gameplay instead of audio idiots

Hitzel

Smash Ace
mmk between youtube and smashboards i'm just not even going to bother putting music up on the videos anymore, sound will come back when i start recording with my video camera instead of my digital, i put the music on there to give people something to listen to if they wanted it, you could always mute it, no one forced you to listen to it, so how about some more comments about gameplay instead of audio idiots
It's annoying when people tack music on to gameplay clips... I dunno what else to tell you.

By the way, I AM watching your videos, and I AM linking your videos on other sites. I did say "I appreciate the footage. Interesting stuff."

-ADA-

Smash Apprentice
Shhh shh calm down everyone about the audio. It's all over now.

And Hitzel. You can keep doing what you're doing. :D

iLight

Smash Lord
yah well an equal amount of people complained about not having anything to listen to so, and i appreciate what your doing, i'm just tired of people complaining about the music

Phyvo

Smash Journeyman
yah well an equal amount of people complained about not having anything to listen to so, and i appreciate what your doing, i'm just tired of people complaining about the music
I didn't like the music either, but then I was smart enough to mute it and play my own over it.

Nice bowser. At the end of that last PT match I was like "nnnnnNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooo"

Nice to see someone playing Charizard though, in most vids PTers stay away from him. >.>

Gennie

Smash Apprentice
thank you, like forte and i have said, instead of complaining about the music just mute it and listen to whatever you want
That's what I do, or instead listen to the music in the video, some of them are great :3 I like Jmusic anyway.. and metal xD

Btw, what characters are you plaining to use in the next videos?

Gennie

Smash Apprentice
Actually, I would LOVE to see some pwning Mario from you guys, as right now your videos are the ones I like the most, and I've seen to few Mario videos xP I'd really apreciate it ^^

Top Bottom