• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Up-B Glitch + Less Known "Techs"

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Well I used an up-B, no bomb, opponent way off on the other side of the stage.

I ran out of my up-B under that acursed FD lip.... and.... I fell without being in helpless... I somehow gained my second jump AND my up-B back!

This has happened 3-4 times, but I thought an opponent hit me or something and I still had a second jump, but this time I was SURE it wasn't that

currently testing it

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~__~

In my attempts to recreate this and because B-sticking is EPIC and these are probably -less known- techniques that I feel should be mentioned due to being lulzworthy, and sometimes pretty neat. (and because any tech, no matter how small, should have a use!)

1. Instant RAR (sort of instant?)

This is simple, sure its probably been discovered, but this I find it useful already!

Dash Left > B-stick Right > It makes you jump backwards (which if you can RAR perfectly, you'll notice that using this makes you keep your momentum (or at least seems like it) and its easier to do.

Let's you:

Craq Walk Easily
Pivot Boost from a Craq Walk Easily
RAR easily
Retreating Zair (comes easier and naturally to me)
You can also full-hop (which, with b-sticking makes the BACL easier to do!)
You can tap B afterwards for a weird fakout :o (think your facing left, dash, you RAR, then shoot an arrow left)
Jump-Canceled bomb tosses ( I find this comes more naturally for me) (using direction+Z to control which direction you throw the bomb in)
Jump-Canceled Reverse Uthrow ( see above, but with careful timing you can jump-cancel uthrow a bomb and face the opposite direction (FOUND A USE!)

Use for the Reverse Jump-Canceled Uthrow Bomb - You can Pivot Boost right after throwing the bomb :3 (thats it, rofl)

Note: You cannot do a rising aerial unless you have FAST fingers

2. Instant Tether-Hog (only useful against those with laggier recoveries, speed-hugging is probably ALWAYS better.

See #1 - Do just before reaching a ledge, then mash Z to zair. You hang like 3/4 of a Kirby below the edge. (If you use PT, think of Ivysaurs insta-tether)

Uses:

You can "double tap" the ledge with this. (this looks weird... and cool...)

See #1 > Zair > down-cancel > Link grabs edge (and if your extremely quick, you can Bair then second jump + up-B recovery back)

3. How to kill yourself with your boomerang...(thing Mario's Flying Cape thing... lol

If you've ever used Mario or Sheik (Vanish glide) you'll know what I'm talking about.

Run off ledge> use boomerang (with perfect timing) and you just FLY outa there.

Uses:

You can B-stick this (be careful, this can get you killed)
You can go underneath Battlefield at 27%-55% (lol small frame of % but maybe lower then 27%!!!!) by Wavebouncing? this with a bomb (cook a second) > jump > up-B > bomb explosion > up-B

Note: Any higher then 55% and you stage spike yoursel........ and any lower your up-B won't reach (and this is for the lulz btw)

4. Reverse Jump Cancelled Usmash
lolwut? Think the reverse sliding-usmash thing but with b-sticking. (see 1 for why)

See #1 but instead of letting you jump, hit up+Z as fast as possible. (Notes: I previously thought this was only possible with Tap Jump On, I guess I was wrong) This doesn't seem to work with any other smash.

5. Bombs do 5% if throw from ground, and 7% if thrown or dropped from the air. (wtf?)

6. Interesting Arrow Stuff ( stuff I didnt know )

Dropping through either of the lower platforms on Battlefield, and immediately pressing down to fast fall and B to shoot an arrow lets you Arrow Cancel. Probably useless, but interesting to know? lol

Using #1 you can fake a RAR and B-reversal (B + Tap away from stage) to shoot an arrow + return to stage. (Good against Faking out a Falco into using side+B then punishing the lag?)

Maybe more "neat" things to come?

SuSa

No hacks, and as soon as I figure out where it is on FD and if this is exploitable, I'll share.

I've always been able to do this with Samus, albeit on purpose and different. Her's involves hugging>edgedrop>jump>immediate zair

and her zair tether glitches, giving her a second jump+up+B

plus I've done the up-B glitch that I'm speaking of on Battlefield, I just tipped right under the ledge with the last frame of the up-B, and she got her second jump and up-B back.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
Wtffffffffff?! That sounds awesome. How does it work? Tell uuuuuuuus. Oh and currently I'm making my GC costume so later. :p

SuSa

GC costume? :o

Not sure how it works yet, it seems to act like Wolf's semi-scar (I believe thats the name for it) when he does his side-B and tips the edge and falls straight down with his up-B. but Link gets his up-B AND second jump....

not pulling your legs, give me a day or two of testing (and if you want to help you can, its from an angle going towards the ledge of FD (from where the Lip is), just below where Link would normally sweetspot, he should do a quick "glitch jump" (think of that holding glitch when you grab someone near or off the edge where they have a "seizure" lol) and then he suddenly gains his recovery back.

Not sure how useful or practical this would be, but its worth looking into.

SuSa

It's not that sweet considering its happened to my recovery 4-5 times in like 500 recoveries...but I remain optimistic, and I'm still testing it ^_^ if I get ANY results (or if I'm able to get a vid of it) I'll be sure to make it my top priority to hosting it on youtube.

Matt07

Smash Master
Link's...15th AT? (if you consider that an AT.) No, but good stuff Havokk, I hope you get good results out of this :).

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
^Indeed.

To be honest it doesn't sound very practical with how it seems to be done, especially since you have to be at the ledge in the first place.

But if this can be manipulated into practicality, the 'horrible' recovery could be less horrible.

SuSa

Does anyone understand what I'm talking about? I can't seem to recreate it and its been an hour or so... ( I don't even have a vid to try to recreate it by watching -.-)

Coming from -under- the lip (of death) of FD, you up-B towards the ledge, you'll get stuck just before you reach the ledge but for an unknown reason, you get your second jump +up-B back. (still not sure why :o but Brawls... really glitchy... so I'm not all that suprised...)

I'm going to keep trying later tonight, but I'm sick of seeing me SD every 20 seconds for an hour xD

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
I'll try it out after I'm done watching my show. I'll give my results later, especially since I can record it.

D

Deleted member

the ledge cancelled boomerang is not just for killing yourself -.-"

Ledge cancel GB > Nair = instant gimp on ppl with ****ty recovery

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Havokk, I need to you delve in more detail. This seems kinda hopeless.

What was the other character you were fighting, and what exactly was there when the glitch happened? I know Ike's QD glitches when Snake uses his D-Smash, so a case can be similar to this.

SuSa

It was against a Wario, about 3/4 to the other side of FD letting me get back up. ( I ledge-camp with fairs/bombs/boomerangs/arrows until they give me room xD if they are a char like wario) I zaired, it missed (While I drifted towards the lip" up-B, got caught for a small second, then glitched against the lip)

thats everything I remember.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Still can't find anything, but I got nothing better to do (besides sleep), so I'll keep looking into it later. (SDs really do get boring to watch after awhile).

can you ride an unreflected rang? that gives me some hope for links recovery, lootic will find new AT soon lol.
that thingy with UPB has happened me too, It was also on FD, maybe link somehow gets to the second jump recovery region somehow.

and havokk I still hate you for your BACL vid so this thread sucks too.

jiggz kirbz

Smash Journeyman
Jiggly puff has a uge glitch in zeldas stage. When you get rid of the box and then the bomb blows up the stage then use puffs smash attack then she will get huge but you can actually stay huge for longer then a little bit.

sasook

Smash Champion
the ledge cancelled boomerang is not just for killing yourself -.-"

Ledge cancel GB > Nair = instant gimp on ppl with ****ty recovery
It's not ledge-canceled, more like ledge-helped :p

It doesn't kill yourself, unless your hit during any time of it (not hit up or towards stage that is)
ledge canceling? lol i feel stupid.

@jiggz kirbz - please make posts that are somewhat useful to us. Otherwise just leave us be.

Bouse

Smash Ace
This is completely useless, but fun to know.

A reversed jump-canceled Spin Attack while running.

Good luck on figuring out how to do it. ;)

The same way you do a reverse Usmash, except switch out "A" for "B".

Run, Up+Back/Jump(if you have tap jump off)/B

Ich Bin Awesome

Smash Journeyman
I knew that jigglypuff had a glitch with the smash ball.
This guy is seriously just spamming our boards, if anyone sees this guy post anymore of these stupid comments just click that "Report Post" button (exclamation mark sign) on the top right next to the thread post count of the comment box.

SuSa

Thanks for posting that :) now I can go back to testing and trying to hit that spot

ps:

I recently hit that same spot with Zelda's up-B (got my second jump +up-b back) , Ganon (only up-B back? :o), and Sonic (lolwut? ... I thought I was dead, then I touched the ledge and stopped his 'free fall' animation.. and used up-B... and lived :D

Little Devil

Smash Cadet
I found this Ledge Boomerang interesting and played around with it. I practiced until I got the greatest distance possible (I think it is the greatest^^), and that is far away enought to exaclty not being able to recover anymore.
Then I went to Battlefield and tried if it works on platforms, too. It does. If you do it from the top platform, you travel exaclty to the edge of BF, letting you edgehog. I was able to edgeguard an Ike with that, although it is only usable for "teleporting", since you move as quick as a Sheik during her DAC.

To the up-b glitch: i got it with a Dins Fire, too! I played my secondary, a Zelda, and recovered with Din Glide. Or at least hoped so^^ i hit the "mighty point" right und the edge and wa able to just jump back to the stage...sadly no record, but we should have enoght characters doing this to not need anymore...

Top Bottom