• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unpopular Smash Ultimate Opinions! - Read the OP before Posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Really, why ? English isn't my first language but I find Lifelight's lyrics pretty stylish. The singer's voice is great, and the instrumental is cool. Where is the problem (I ask you because I've seen many people say that too, and I don't understand. Don't take it wrong please) ?
Well, it’s not necessarily bad and I’m sure Abby had lots of fun singing it but I don’t know, it really doesn’t feel it for me.

Maybe hearing it is only a reminder of how much I disliked the Nov Direct.:troll:

I’m all for vocal songs sure but I feel it’s not really epic enough like Brawl’s chorus.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
How is Kirby overpowered and when did we have 7 Marths ? I mean, Ike play differently than Marth, like Robin and Corrin. Robin is completely different from the others FE characters !
We have 77 Marths. Everyone is a Marth clone, have you forgotten?

-Several stages need to be axed. Yoshi's Island Melee, 75m, Green Greens, Skyworld, all need to go. Stages like those are completely unfun to play on.
Not everyone plays competitively. Some stages are nice just to have silly fun on.

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
We have 77 Marths. Everyone is a Marth clone, have you forgotten?
We live in a society. R.O.B. mains RISE UP!

Not everyone plays competitively. Some stages are nice just to have silly fun on.
True, but I find 75m to be woefully unfun regardless of whether it's competitive or silly.

Great Cave Offensive, New Pork City, and Palutena's Temple makes that construction site look like a bad joke in comparison. Still better then Temple at least.

Last edited:

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
We live in a society. R.O.B. mains RISE UP!

True, but I find 75m to be woefully unfun regardless of whether it's competitive or silly.

Great Cave Offensive, New Pork City, and Palutena's Temple makes that construction site look like a bad joke in comparison. Still better then Temple at least.
I daresay that 75m is just a crazy map in general. It should be replaced with the first level from Donkey Kong.

D

Deleted member

Hint: *They're being ironic.*
nah not about the jokes y'all are making like "7 marths", I'm not THAT dumb

more like when people complain about gaming legends like cloud or possibly erdrick coming in because they look "too anime reeee" like just because you personally don't like the artstyle doesn't mean that they would be bad additions

Last edited by a moderator:

Manonymous

Smash Journeyman
Well, it’s not necessarily bad and I’m sure Abby had lots of fun singing it but I don’t know, it really doesn’t feel it for me.

Maybe hearing it is only a reminder of how much I disliked the Nov Direct.:troll:

I’m all for vocal songs sure but I feel it’s not really epic enough like Brawl’s chorus.
Oh, I see (by the way, I agree that Brawl had the best vocals).

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
- Duck Hunt Duo palette swaps should be different kind of dogs.
But... they already are...
Without Waluigi, the comical side of the Mario cast is missing.
What do you call Luigi, then? He's one of the goofiest characters in the entire game for my money. Hell, Wario's pretty goofy, too; the guy literally goes around farting on people, for Pete's sake. I'd say the lighthearted side of Mario is pretty well represented already.
- Mario should be happy, not PO'ed.
I agree. Mario's demeanor in every Smash since Brawl always rubbed me the wrong way, how he constantly looks ready to beat the living **** out of someone. Melee Mario was perfect in this regard; he was happy like he is in the games, but still expressive. Miles better than "RRRR IM ANGRY" Mario in my book. At least he smiles in one of his taunts now.
That's the point of Pichu. She's not supposed to be good. If anything Pichu is way too good, which takes away all the satisfaction of winning with her.
Eh, gotta disagree here. There's more than one way to make a "joke character", and intentionally making them bad is probably the least fun way of doing it. I, personally, love that Pichu isn't just a straight-up worse Pikachu in this game - consider that my unpopular opinion.
:ultpit::ultroy: both outshine every other character when it comes to star ko screams
This isn't unpopular. It's just fact.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I feel like Pichu shouldn't really hurt himself so much. Maybe during one or two moves. I don't remember if Pichu actually hurt himself through all electric attacks in Pokemon or not though.
Smash is almost never loyal to source material 100%. Plus, the damage isn't that high.
It fits Pichu's lore rather than Pokemon gameplay.

VodkaHaze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VodkaHaze58
Mr. Game & Watch's animations were better in Smash 4 than they were in Ultimate.

LightningHelix

Smash Cadet
I'd actually be okay if there were no more characters introduced as dlc. How big does the roster have to be? Just balance your game nintendo.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I'd actually be okay if there were no more characters introduced as dlc. How big does the roster have to be? Just balance your game nintendo.
It's going to be unbalanced anyway. A few more or less characters won't change that.

LightningHelix

Smash Cadet
It's going to be unbalanced anyway. A few more or less characters won't change that.
It's impossible to get it perfect, but i'd rather they focus on buffing/nerfing things to get as close as they can to balance, rather than invest in pumping out a bunch of new characters. But, meh thats why its an unpopular opinion.

osby

Smash Obsessed
It's impossible to get it perfect, but i'd rather they focus on buffing/nerfing things to get as close as they can to balance, rather than invest in pumping out a bunch of new characters. But, meh thats why its an unpopular opinion.
Balancing and character creation are done by different people.

Manonymous

Smash Journeyman
Actually, do we really need to have characters balanced when we can make all of them FU**ING OP ? MAKE ALL OF TYEM S-TIER BABY, THAT'S HOW YOU BALANCE A FIGHTING GAME !

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
What do you call Luigi, then? He's one of the goofiest characters in the entire game for my money. Hell, Wario's pretty goofy, too; the guy literally goes around farting on people, for Pete's sake. I'd say the lighthearted side of Mario is pretty well represented already.
Correction: The obnoxious, silly, trollish but funny side. Luigi is the goofy awkward coward. Wario is the fat greedy *******. Mario is the heroic icon. Waluigi is the black sheep.

Last edited:

Manonymous

Smash Journeyman
Correction: The obnoxious, silly, trollish but funny side. Luigi is the goofy awkward coward. Wario is the fat greedy *******. Mario is the heroic icon. Waluigi is the black sheep.
Toad would be the little man with a big heart, Pauline would be the hottie, Lubba would be the guy who feel out of place, Tatanga would be the Marx of Mario's universe, Stanley would match Mario's real personality and Piranha Plant is our god (deal with it :smirk:).

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I thought the black sheep was :ultpiranha:

1FC0

Smash Lord
True. Stages like Hyrule Temple and New Pork City where pretty popular back in SSBB despite being horrible competitive stages. Still I think that even casual players tend to dislike 75M.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
True. Stages like Hyrule Temple and New Pork City where pretty popular back in SSBB despite being horrible competitive stages. Still I think that even casual players tend to dislike 75M.
Like I said, 75m should be converted to Donkey Kong's original level, which is more iconic.

1FC0

Smash Lord
Like I said, 75m should be converted to Donkey Kong's original level, which is more iconic.
It would be more iconic but also probably still be hated due to the stairs and the still weird lay-out. They could have just made it like Smashville or N64 Peach's Castle in the sense that the stage is merely loosely based on the source material instead of being an actual level from the source game.

Having said that I would love for R.O.B.'s stage to be just a level from Gyromite or Stack-Up much like 75M is just a level from Donkey Kong. There certainly is a certain charm to playing in an old level with new characters, even if it works like ****.

Last edited:

Madwario

Smash Apprentice
I personally dont mind Cloud and the only, ONLY reason i question Erdrick is because its yet another medieval character in the roster. And his down B will propably be reflect. Id rather have Goku added to the roster, with Vegeta as a palette swap but i can only dream.
But thats just my unpopular opinion.

I always thought Waluigi was created by Camelot but when i dug into it, Nintendo got ASKED if they could come and design a partner for Wario, it is just ABSURD how much they actually hate this plumber for whatever reason. The reason i DIDNT care about him was because i thought it was Camelot who 100% designed this man. Like if some third party designed a Pokemon and people asked for the Pokemon to be added to the roster.

Waluigi is canon by now, and his overalls in Odyssey came with a price tag and this text: He is mostly lurking in the shadow, waiting to get the spotlight. He is litteraly in the Mario Universe. Well, now it is TIME for him to get one one way or another. I

Here comes my unpopular opinon. Nintendo said that they added Wario and recognized his character as a character from the WarioWare universe, rather than Mario universe. This means there is only 1 character from WarioWare. There is a character that resembles Waluigi great, and that is Dr Crygor. Now i know what everyone is thinking, why add him, noone asked for him. Well, noone asked for many characters in the roster. He could be a character shooting lasers from his eye and doing goofy karate, and four of his palette swaps could be Waluigi, like Olimar/Alph.

Last edited:

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
It would be more iconic but also probably still be hated due to the stairs and the still weird lay-out. They could have just made it like Smashville or N64 Peach's Castle in the sense that the stage is merely loosely based on the source material instead of being an actual level from the source game.

Having said that I would love for R.O.B.'s stage to be just a level from Gyromite or Stack-Up much like 75M is just a level from Donkey Kong. There certainly is a certain charm to playing in an old level with new characters, even if it works like ****.
It would be more like Wrecking Crew minus the falling platforms. Although no one plays on Wrecking Crew with the idea of having a simple match, it's certainly less hectic than 75m.

1FC0

Smash Lord
Id rather have Goku added to the roster, with Vegeta as a palette swap but i can only Dream.
But thats just my unpopular opinion.
A palette swap would not do them justice. Kamehameha and Instant Transmission are very iconic for Goku (especially the Kamehameha which he definitely ought to have if he gets in) but cannot be learned by Vegeta. I think they ought to be echo fighters. Their style is similar but they learn some different moves.

Madwario

Smash Apprentice
A palette swap would not do them justice. Kamehameha and Instant Transmission are very iconic for Goku (especially the Kamehameha which he definitely ought to have if he gets in) but cannot be learned by Vegeta. I think they ought to be echo fighters. Their style is similar but they learn some different moves.
Youre right. The thing is that Kamehameha and garlic gun could work the same, but id like to see their ultras different if that would be possible for echo fighters one day.

Gokus ultra would be a giant kamehame ha, and Vegetas would be his iconic blast someone from the sky until he hit the core of the planet.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
I hate the primal, incomprehensible, scary monster style of voice acting Bowser and Donkey Kong have. Their style of roaring, screeching, huffing and grunting hasn't reflected their design in their respective games for over a decade. Bowser and Donkey Kong are viewed more as big bully characters or burly banana hoarding apes, not Godzilla or King Kong.

I also hate the emphasis on pre-Sakurai Kirby games. 99% of the Kirby content in Smash comes from games Sakurai designed. All of the post-Sakurai Kirby content is squished down to Kirby and King Dedede's Final Smashes (since Meta Knight's still doesn't come from anywhere, albeit it is similar to his cloning ability), and some music rips. Not even an effort at a music remix. Most of the music tracks (including all of the remixes), most of the spirits, assist trophies, stages, fighters, and even Kirby's boss fight come from games Sakurai designed. I wish he would stop treating Kirby's Adventure and Super Star as the greatest things since sliced bread and finally recognize that Kirby has been just as successful, if not even more successful without him. It's so lame that the majority of the Kirby content in Smash comes from things we've been looking at for decades, and we've received none of the creative and innovative content from modern Kirby titles.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I hate the primal, incomprehensible, scary monster style of voice acting Bowser and Donkey Kong have. Their style of roaring, screeching, huffing and grunting hasn't reflected their design in their respective games for over a decade. Bowser and Donkey Kong are viewed more as big bully characters or burly banana hoarding apes, not Godzilla or King Kong.
Listen, I agree with you here, but this is not an unpopular opinion in the slightest. In all my years of being in the Smash community, I could count the people I've seen who actually LIKE the voices Bowser and DK have in Smash on my fingers.

Last edited:

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
If it wasn't for Smash Bros (or their inclusion in Smash), nobody would care for a decent percentage of the roster. :ultroy::ultsheik::ultfalcon::ultwiifittrainer::ultdoc::ultness::ultlucas::ultjigglypuff::ulticeclimbers: and :ultgnw: are probably the best examples of this.

Madwario

Smash Apprentice
Roy is like the best "who the hell is that" character added to the roster.

Even if he didnt exist in any universe, and was just designed by Sakurai, and added to the roster, i would love him. Hes so good design wise, as i said, he was kind of unique during Melee, being one of the two swordfighters and he had that old anime video tape hero kind of look.

And Captain Falcon is almost the same thing. I had no clue who he was, but the moment he used Falcon Punch, i mained him.

The thing is, atleast in my opinion, characters noone asked for or dont know about can be a good addition to the roster, but it needs to follow these two stages: First, it should not resemble any old character in the roster, and secondly, the design and fighting style needs to be unique.

The first part didnt happen with Robin, Ike or Corrin. I knew they were from the FE universe the moment i saw them, and still today, i find none of the FE characters except Lucina and Roy interesting. They just look like every character you see on "anime" rpg games.

Last edited:

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Roy is like the best "who the hell is that" character added to the roster.

Even if he didnt exist in any universe, and was just designed by Sakurai, and added to the roster, i would love him. Hes so good design wise, as i said, he was kind of unique during Melee, being one of the two swordfighters and he had that old anime video tape hero kind of look.

And Captain Falcon is almost the same thing. I had no clue who he was, but the moment he used Falcon Punch, i mained him.

The thing is, atleast in my opinion, characters noone asked for or dont know about can be a good addition to the roster, but it needs to follow these two stages: First, it should not resemble any old character in the roster, and secondly, the design and fighting style needs to be unique.

The first part didnt happen with Robin, Ike or Corrin. I knew they were from the FE universe the moment i saw them, and still today, i find none of the FE characters except Lucina and Roy interesting. They just look like every character you see on "anime" rpg games.
Roy didn't exist for over a year after Melee was released. Not even in Japan. Marth was only known in Japan, so people in the West had no clue what Fire Emblem was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom