• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unpopular Room? Why?

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Lets see.

1) Ness is lowtier (yes)
2) Not alot of people really post on the melee boards (various reasons)
3) Not alot of people post(ed) on the ness boards
4) not alot of people play(ed) ness.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Ness (IMO) is hard to play. His learning curve is very high, and it overall yields a weak character when you're done. Sort of like Yoshi. And Mewtwo. Only Mewtwo has the novelty of being associated with Taj, and went for a while with the title of "worst character", so a lot of people played him for those novelties (fanboyism and playing the worst character to "defy the odds"). Ness doesn't have either of those.

He is pretty cool though.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Just felt like posting I agree with KK. Never really thought about that before.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
i'm there with you, toasty. long live ness. i've been beating oklahoma with him, we're going to go to dallas soon. if i can just take 1 match off darkrain...there's hope.

soap

Smash Hero
ness is boring. u do the same dj cancel uair to bair combos on fastfallers.

then u actually play non-CPU's and get *****

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Sad...but true ;___;

But even though I main him, I can obviously yield MUCH better results with Fox and Marth...well, back in my prime anyway. Ness will always be my true love in Smash, for some reason >_>
Because you chew on rocks for fun.

i'm there with you, toasty. long live ness. i've been beating oklahoma with him, we're going to go to dallas soon. if i can just take 1 match off darkrain...there's hope.
Oklahoma, or Oklahoma's scrubs? Have you told them to just pick Peach/Sheik/Marth and it's pretty much GG for you? D:

Ness is lolishota, end of story <3
fixd that for ya

DJ Nair beats Sheik's Ftilt lulz

I wonder why no one loves Ness :*(
Whut? Maybe if the Sheik is ********/lets you. Shame about everything else she has beating everything you have. D: D: D:

I'm jkjkjk

I lurve Ness.

Too bad he's so **** terrible.

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
Ness is secretly a girl that didn't go through puberty, that's why I love Ness >.<

rpgfighter

Smash Journeyman
I think the reason most people dont seem to add any extra threads is because the stickys cover everything you need to know.

soap

Smash Hero
this thread is making ness more popular.

i played some ness yesterday.

got completely ***** by falcons.

stupid grown *** man

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
Ness gets ***** by guys like Marth and Sheik.. MY NESS GOT ***** :*( I want to **** him ^.^

Srsly... No sort of approach on Fox and Marth and top tiers like that >.>

soap

Smash Hero
i can approach fox with ness, just fair.

marth is a bit difficult to approach. i use alot of dash attach and pk fire

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
When did Falcon lose his psychic abilities?

...and when did he gain an 8-pack and holy knee?

...and an accent change...
Something happened in Ness's life that caused him to lose all his powers. Then he became a bounty hunter and got ripper and while fighting someone, and emergence of his old power came back when he unleashed falcon punch. SO he can now release his magic thunder/fire only in short bursts and with contact only.

mmm Pound 4 will be toooo good =D

And Ness is definitely the offspring of CFalc and Zelda XD

those damm baby kneeees
I actually like this alot better lol

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Well, actually in the Mother series there's a theory that after the end of Ness' game Porky (as he is called in ssbb) captures Ness, drains him of his powers, and brainwashes him into being a vendor. So technically Ness does end up losing his powers.

Nkguy01

Smash Apprentice
Ness 4eva. It's funny, when I firsrt got my gamecube in 2005...and first started playing melee, I liked Fox. Eventually, I noticed this kid wearing a red hat. I thought he was awesome. Bat, awesome clothes, yo yo, devestating and unique recovery that also functioned as a projectile, pillar of fire, awesome throws, unique ariels and an awesome midair jump? I fell in love. Even before learning how to lag cancel or wavedash, i remember saying that I loved ness, despite always getting my kicked butt. I actually remember saying " I don't care if I lose, Ness is awesome". hashtag ness love

Top Bottom