• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Unofficial] Western Midwest Melee Power Rankings

PEEF!

Smash Hero
michigan occasionally goes to major regionals/pound, and otherwise just goes to chicago but more often nowhere

nobody comes to ohio anymore, and we dont have tournaments that would warrant it either except the showdown, sorry 18spikes

peef, your relative skill chart is pretty accurate, but columbus would have a purdue sized dot and cleveland would have a cincinnati sized dot

i dunno what the dot just below cincy is, but theres nobody there playing melee haha

ann arbor, in michigan, would probably have a champaign sized dot, and actually now that i think about it, who still lives in champaign besides deku? that might need to shrink some, deku maybe tj i guess dont really warrant a dot that big

pretty good overall though, based on what i know of the regions. ive never posted an image and dont plan on starting now though

oh and lastly, nebraska actually considerable players, even though they arent able to interact too often due to geography. smeesh, tyser, echo, secks, mo, tacoom (dunno if he still plays), and so on. i dunno if any of them would make a top 10 of western mw list, but they should at least be within the lines haha
On this one I added your input, and combined both maps into one by color coding the regions with their relative skill.

resTy

Smash Champion
oh and lastly, nebraska actually has considerable players, even though they arent able to interact too often due to geography. smeesh, tyser, echo, secks, mo, tacoom (dunno if he still plays), and so on. i dunno if any of them would make a top 10 of western mw list, but they should at least be within the lines haha
Holy crap! We were remembered! Thanks, BigD!

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
that chicago dot should actually be bigger

then there should just be like a huge ****ing dot wherever m2k is

it just like moves aroudn and envolopes all the nooby dots

Ocho(*8*)

Smash Ace
woah, if iowa and nebraska got a dot then surely MN deserves one. (on st paul/ minneapolis) (chexr and aaron are the best)

darkatma

Smash Hero
Holy crap! We were remembered! Thanks, BigD!
I remember you guys, you should come out and play us more :D

I'm glad the discussion is going, but dividing down chicago seems iffy to me though. They could basically be considered in both regions because they have access to the most tournies. Also we still lack a panel

Dart!

Smash Master
who would the panel be consisted of? who even wants to be in the panel? this is intriguing to see develop i hope it continues

Dart!

Smash Master
oh btw if you have a dot for peoria...didn't look. just draw it with arrows pointing in every direction because i go everywhere. with or without my crew peoria is gonna get some respect :)

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Dart you and peoria are included in that central IL dot. But once I get everyones criticism I will perfect the map again and Peoria will get it's own dot =D

zDuck, that doesn't really change anything about the map.

Chicago has to go to one or the other...

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
you might just as well give chicago its own considering whichever section they join, they will likely take up 7-8 out of 10 spots

the map does significantly underrepresent michigan, it should probably have like 2 dots each the size of purdue's

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
kels
tink
cosmo
trail
matt r
tom r

thats 6, and likely the top 6 in the mw unless you count m2k (doesnt consider himself mw) or drephen (probably wont play anymore), then orly, vro, and rat arent inconsiderable but probably wouldnt make top 10. im gonna move back to chicago in about a month, and would be at the very least arguable for a spot on that list, but i know im not in the discussion at the moment

anyway, you already have all of those players i initially mentioned in your own top 10, so i dont know why you would mistake those 6 for 3 haha

Quaz

Smash Master
Are you going to be in barrington again Big D? If so I want to arrange time to play smash with ya.

oh yeah for the dots on that map, Madison WI smash has gotten really beastly as of late. They have a decent melee scene as of right now.

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
im gonna be in prospect heights, and i'll be going to plenty of smashfests

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
big d layin down the facts as usual

and yeah chicago is so good :)

if i go there to grad school (next year) its gonna be LULZ
maybe theyll let me have spot 7 gahhhh

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Come on PEEF... are you unaware that Michigan exists? Our last 3 Melee tourneys have beaten Purdue in attendance pretty easily. I'm willing to bet Ann Arbor is one of the top 3 cities in the Midwest for Melee during the school year. Put a Purdue-sized dot in Ann Arbor and a Champaign-sized dot in Grand Rapids. Downgrade the Columbus and Cincinnati dots until they prove they're willing to host tourneys/smashfests of more than 10 people again.

Michigan (mostly Ann Arbor) Melee attendance in the past 12 months:

LoLiS I (9/19/09): 36 entrants
LoLiS II (10/3/09): 21 entrants
LoLiS III (10/17/09): 20 entrants
LoLiS IV (11/14/09): 31 entrants
LoLiS V (12/19/09): 27 entrants
MBZ I (1/22/10): 20 entrants
MSU (4/3/10): 30 entrants
RH I (5/22/10): 20 entrants
RH II (7/17/10): 23 entrants
WBST 4 (8/14/10): 22 entrants
SWEET I (9/25/10): 33 entrants

PEEF!

Smash Hero
this thread is a joke. why are you guys taking it so seriously? "put a bigger dot on this!" hysterical.
It helps determine how we should separate the midwest.

And I honestly know pretty much nothing about Michigan, but I hear you Juggle. What are the player's names?

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
For Michigan:
Bigy
Velynn
Kail
Shaeden
Moose
Duck
Shady
Juggleguy
SCOTU (plays when we force him)
Ankoku (plays when we force him, dont remember the last time he entered something)

^ thats just noteable players that others outside of MI should/might recognize.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
I'm likin all these conversations about round balls that men are fighting over.

i wont comment about the pity dot, but evansville doesnt want pity, especially from some1 who isn't anywhere near the skill level neccessary to be handing out pity.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
I'm likin all these conversations about round balls that men are fighting over.

i wont comment about the pity dot, but evansville doesnt want pity, especially from some1 who isn't anywhere near the skill level neccessary to be handing out pity.
***** I can beat people, but I c u trollin

darkatma

Smash Hero
kels
tink
cosmo
trail
matt r
tom r

thats 6, and likely the top 6 in the mw unless you count m2k (doesnt consider himself mw) or drephen (probably wont play anymore), then orly, vro, and rat arent inconsiderable but probably wouldnt make top 10. im gonna move back to chicago in about a month, and would be at the very least arguable for a spot on that list, but i know im not in the discussion at the moment

anyway, you already have all of those players i initially mentioned in your own top 10, so i dont know why you would mistake those 6 for 3 haha
oh my bad, i thought matt and tom were in crystal lake or something, not chicago.

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
crystal lake is a suburb of chicago, and considered part of the chicago metropolitan area

understandable when youre not from chicago, you go about 45 minutes to an hour in any direction from the border of chicago itself and youll still find people that are basically in chicago

PEEF!

Smash Hero
I forgot to say the reason the map is yellow is because of Chicago's dot. The red one is crystal lake =P

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
now that i think about it chicagos dot is perfect because it covers the whole area in which smashers would consider themselves chicago

Phatgamer1

Smash Lord
kinda hurts when my name doesnt even get brought up for discussion. ;(
on a separate note i think ive been around long enough to request to be on the panel if one is created. just my 2 cents.

Dart!

Smash Master
kinda hurts when my name doesnt even get brought up for discussion. ;(
on a separate note i think ive been around long enough to request to be on the panel if one is created. just my 2 cents.
I didn't even know you posted on here...but yeah you're pretty **** good. my fox will getcha though ;)

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
chicago's melee scene is the best the in the Midwest and has been for a while. Even though I think it was better about a year ago, it's still good. if you have a car and you're willing to travel, you can always find people to play.

btw, this list is gonna be tough to make without a MW circuit or some major tournies.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
chicago's melee scene is the best the in the Midwest and has been for a while. Even though I think it was better about a year ago, it's still good. if you have a car and you're willing to travel, you can always find people to play.

btw, this list is gonna be tough to make without a MW circuit or some major tournies.
I think the MW Circuit should be revived. This PR would work if we had one.

Quaz

Smash Master
as long as we only have 1 circuit tounrye a month I SHOULD be able to make every, single, one.

=D

although I do plan on going to pound 5. A lot of people from the midwest should go! Thats another way for us to improve is to play the best.

Top Bottom