• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unofficial Project M Ridley - CLASSIC RIDLEY BETA RELEASED! 31/10/16

What is your opinion on this hack?

• Total voters

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Well hackless loads through stage builder and homebrew loads through homebrew the diffrence is that hackless you have to have a 2gb sd and hombrew is technically no limit.
other than that no, hackless just loads the homebrew/gecko channel w/o installing it.
Oh. Well, ok then.
Can I use this mod on 3.61 or PMCC, too? If not, is there an easy way to run it on those versions or an alternative?
As long as that build uses full 3.6's codes and nothing new, then sure. If it has things like extra characters or extra stages (both default and alternate), then you'll have to manually insert codes from the pack into build's RSBE01.gct.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Decided to put it away until BrawlBox fixes that one bug so i can properly re-rig it. Until then, half of Ridley's body and his right arm are paralyzed when he hold any item. Reskins of this model will have same issue.
The reason I'm liking your statuses from December is because I was looking for screenshots of that hot Meta Ridley model.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
The reason I'm liking your statuses from December is because I was looking for screenshots of that hot Meta Ridley model.
You mean like this one?
00000000-1.png

It's a good thing that i can properly rig him now. But i have other things to deal with right now.

Last edited:
NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Cross-posting from the general thread;
That wireframe Ridley I've shown in the Pirate's abode wasn't the only thing I've been doing for the Pirate Commander today, though;

Made a whole new render for every Ridley alt I could have possibly found; either ones I had on my computer or ones I downloaded off of Brawl Vault. The only ones I couldn't manage to do was the Mother Brain-colored Ridley, and that's only because the files for that one seem to have gone down, as well as the oft-neglected Super Metroid alt. :p

In fact, here's all of them (in a pair of spoilers so that this post is not ridiculously long)

But not only have I made new renders for every Ridley alt I could find...

...I made them for Meta Ridley, too.

Don't worry, I will. ;)

I didn't even go over all the CSP's I did in case someone wants to use this CSP in conjunction with SSBMR, either;

And even Meta Ridley gets the Melee conversion, to boot!

EDIT: Some new CSS icons to go with these new renders (gonna go ahead and call upon the powers of Cynapse Cynapse to see if perhaps he can't help in downsizing the CSP renders into a consistent size, because I can handle most of the other cosmetics)
MenSelchrChrFace.023PM.png
Project M CSS (New Render).png
SSBMR 2.5 CSS (New Render).png

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Hold up - is the dash animation for Ridley faster than the run animation? Shouldn't they be equally fast?
Would there be plans to update Ridley's textures to be more Brawl-ish? Gritty and stuff?
That wireframe Ridley I've shown in the Pirate's abode
What is this beauty you refer to?

Last edited:

PrinceGal3n

Smash Journeyman
Speaking of new Ridley renders, BraveDragonWolf on Brawl Vault made an outstanding render for our most honored Captain!

Also, MazeDIs MazeDIs created amazing CSPs and BPs based on this render. I took it upon myself to create new, more accurate stocks for Ridley as well when I added this to my build.

InfStc221.png

Attachments

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Cross-posting from the general thread;

EDIT: Some new CSS icons to go with these new renders (gonna go ahead and call upon the powers of Cynapse Cynapse to see if perhaps he can't help in downsizing the CSP renders into a consistent size, because I can handle most of the other cosmetics)
View attachment 102399 View attachment 102397 View attachment 102398
This looks like the outdated model. His head spikes should have same color as his head.
Hold up - is the dash animation for Ridley faster than the run animation? Shouldn't they be equally fast?
Would there be plans to update Ridley's textures to be more Brawl-ish? Gritty and stuff?
It just...is. And not necessarily.
I think i already did that. I just need to update the model in that pack.
Double post...April Fool's?

For real though, would anyone care for a rainbow Ridley?
View attachment 102496
...wa?
Speaking of new Ridley renders, BraveDragonWolf on Brawl Vault made an outstanding render for our most honored Captain!

Also, MazeDIs MazeDIs created amazing CSPs and BPs based on this render. I took it upon myself to create new, more accurate stocks for Ridley as well when I added this to my build.

View attachment 102508
Looks like it uses spiked model. But there is something that BraveDragonWolf messed up. His tail is supposed to be scaled down by 20-25%, but it's at full size here, making it look too thick.

Cynapse

Smash Ace
At some point or another I considered making a standalone rainbow Ridley mod, then got sidetracked and totally forgot until today. Rather than making a traditional download for it, I figure why not just leave it here? It's a free extra skin for you and the Ridley enthusiasts, simply put.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
At some point or another I considered making a standalone rainbow Ridley mod, then got sidetracked and totally forgot until today. Rather than making a traditional download for it, I figure why not just leave it here? It's a free extra skin for you and the Ridley enthusiasts, simply put.
Ok then. But i still can't comprehend what that skin (and other rainbow skins) is supposed to be.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
This thread has been dead lately, huh? Well, while this isn't anything recent, it's new for you. Classic Ridley has air throws after Side B.
00000000-156.png
00000000-158.png
00000000-160.png

First image is him simply holding Samus. He can freely move around in the air, but not for too long. It's basically same as normal grab except he can move. Second image is Up Throw (Up+A). It's weak, but simply damaging opponent is not its purpose. Third image is Down Throw, which is a meteor smash like modern Ridley's aerial Side B except it's weaker. There are 2 other throws, but they are too fast to use screenshots. I'd like to give him a jab, but it would interrupt his flying animation. Anyway, this makes him much different from modern Ridley, along with many other things. Can't wait to get back to working on him.

GerbilCrab475

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GerbilCrab
3DS FC
1246-8834-9360
Wow, that looks freaking badass. I love the Super Metroid inspired holding animation. I always wondered what it would be like for a character to have aerial garbs and throws and that if any character could pull it off it would be Ridley. Personally though I think down throw should be more like Ganondorf's aerial side B: with Ridley slamming his victim into the ground. It would be less abusable. Unless that meteor is super weak and only really effective at high percents.

Oh, one question. Can the player Ridley grabs break free while he's holding them? That way they could break free before Ridley can pull off and cheap kills. Also, if there was a jab it would probably be Ridley stabbing his victim with his tail, but I'm sure that's already what you thought of.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Wow, that looks freaking badass. I love the Super Metroid inspired holding animation. I always wondered what it would be like for a character to have aerial garbs and throws and that if any character could pull it off it would be Ridley. Personally though I think down throw should be more like Ganondorf's aerial side B: with Ridley slamming his victim into the ground. It would be less abusable. Unless that meteor is super weak and only really effective at high percents.

Oh, one question. Can the player Ridley grabs break free while he's holding them? That way they could break free before Ridley can pull off and cheap kills. Also, if there was a jab it would probably be Ridley stabbing his victim with his tail, but I'm sure that's already what you thought of.
It's not very strong. Being like Ganondorf's aerial side B might not work well considering how much stuff he can get done in the air, but it wasn't tested by skilled players, so...idunno.

You can break free from his grab unless he performs a throw. It's same as normal grab (higher % = harder to break out). As for jab, i think swinging his tail would be a better idea since that is what he does in Super Metroid.

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
This thread has been dead lately, huh? Well, while this isn't anything recent, it's new for you. Classic Ridley has air throws after Side B.
View attachment 105471 View attachment 105472 View attachment 105473
First image is him simply holding Samus. He can freely move around in the air, but not for too long. It's basically same as normal grab except he can move. Second image is Up Throw (Up+A). It's weak, but simply damaging opponent is not its purpose. Third image is Down Throw, which is a meteor smash like modern Ridley's aerial Side B except it's weaker. There are 2 other throws, but they are too fast to use screenshots. I'd like to give him a jab, but it would interrupt his flying animation. Anyway, this makes him much different from modern Ridley, along with many other things. Can't wait to get back to working on him.
that Ridley is really Classy, Bagan.

PrinceGal3n

Smash Journeyman
View attachment 105471 View attachment 105472 View attachment 105473
Wow. I'm blown away by how awesome this is!

A curious question, how much have you gotten done on Classy Ridley? How much is left to do?

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Wow. I'm blown away by how awesome this is!

A curious question, how much have you gotten done on Classy Ridley? How much is left to do?
Nearly everything that doesn't involves items is done. There still is a lot of stuff to be done and i doubt i'll come back to it any time soon with other projects i have.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Yeah, the skin maps are far too different for both models to even try; it comes out looking quite horrid (I tried once, believe me! :p)

However, one should be able to port pre-existing Ridley texture mods onto Classic Ridley, since it shares the same textures as normal Brawl Ridley.

Prologue-9

Smash Rookie
NNID
Grimmdays
I've been having a lot of crashes lately using tail moves with the 2.2 beta patch, back air and f smash mainly.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I've been having a lot of crashes lately using tail moves with the 2.2 beta patch, back air and f smash mainly.
I still have no idea what causes it. It's not happening consistently and there shouldn't be anything wrong with the coding.

Unrelated to stuff above, which textures should be used for default color of classic Ridley?
ScreenCapture368.png
ScreenCapture369.png

Both are from Brawl (one from boss' files and one from the trophy), so, they both should fit among other characters.

Last edited:
Top Bottom