• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unofficial Project M Ridley - CLASSIC RIDLEY BETA RELEASED! 31/10/16

What is your opinion on this hack?

• Total voters

Dragon lord

Lord of all Dragons
Yes, it is tough. But fun with proper music.
No. It doesn't makes much sense when he has very long arms, long tail, etc. that can be used just as quickly. And his head isn't very big anyway.

You just pick recolor you want, put it into Pit's folder and rename it as something like FitPit0X.pac (or .pcs). X in this case is recolor's number.
  • 0 = default
  • 1 = red
  • 2 = green
  • 3 = blue
  • 4 = black
  • 5 = Other M
  • 6 = NES
  • 7 = Meta

Its pretty obvious that video is outdated and he most likely forgot about it. No big deal.

Thanks.

I explained where to put Extra Recolors in this post. For Ridley's Lair icons, you'll have to edit sc_selmap.pac in projectm>pf>menu2. There should be a tutorial for this kind of thing somewhere here or on KC-MM. As for music, it should be renamed to P01, P02, P03 and P04. It doesn't matters which one is renamed as what. All that matters is that they should be called P01, P02, P03 and P04.

Yes, but it involves completly replacing the announcer. There is no way to make Brawl or PM announcer say "Ridley" instead of "Pit". The only announcer available that says "Ridley" is one from Super Smash Bros Crusade.
Colors are working, but is there anyway to edit the portraits, it still shows me the original color portraits and stocks when i choose the colors

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Colors are working, but is there anyway to edit the portraits, it still shows me the original color portraits and stocks when i choose the colors
Yes. You must edit sc_selcharacter.pac for that. There should be a tutorial for that somewhere on this forum. Either here or on KC-MM.

Last edited:

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801
Yeah at this point I don't feel particularly inclined to animate for this mod anymore. It's more worthwhile for my time to simply focus my time and effort on animating directly for PM and my other personal projects. At least I know then any idea I have will actually be properly experimented with and not shot down instantly with people questioning my integrity as a designer. I have been a part of the PMDT for 4 years now and have been making movesets for about 5 as well as playing Smash both competitively and not for a while. You pick up a few things along the way not just about your field of focus but about game design in general.

I wish you the best for whatever you have planned in the future for this, but note I won't be putting in any more time to helping this out directly.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Yeah at this point I don't feel particularly inclined to animate for this mod anymore. It's more worthwhile for my time to simply focus my time and effort on animating directly for PM and my other personal projects. At least I know then any idea I have will actually be properly experimented with and not shot down instantly with people questioning my integrity as a designer. I have been a part of the PMDT for 4 years now and have been making movesets for about 5 as well as playing Smash both competitively and not for a while. You pick up a few things along the way not just about your field of focus but about game design in general.

I wish you the best for whatever you have planned in the future for this, but note I won't be putting in any more time to helping this out directly.
Sorry for the problems i guess. Thanks for the animations you already made at least.

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495

good luck on the next PM update Do0m, you really made things a lot more polished with the animations for the ridley mod.

Kazooie56

Smash Apprentice
Sakurais stupid. He says its going to be fanservice from now on but how can you say that when ridley, k rool, waluigi, and inklings are all impossible now. dont give me that "samus link blahh" no they were in the first game when k rool has never been in a smash game.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Sakurais stupid. He says its going to be fanservice from now on but how can you say that when ridley, k rool, waluigi, and inklings are all impossible now. dont give me that "samus link blahh" no they were in the first game when k rool has never been in a smash game.
Calm down. Those are just costumes. Nothing is impossible for now. And this isn't a place for this either btw.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Just wanted to say your new avatar is 3spooky5me, @ BaganSmashBros BaganSmashBros . Is there a new skin that's like that or is it just a pic taken in different lighting?
Both (its a modified spiked model, with 2x more teeth, permanent grin and thinner body, but its also put in lighting settings that enable only ambient lighting or something).

Welp, might as well show 2 other recreated animations:
Had to edit FAir a little bit to make it balanced (otherwise, had too much vertical range). UAir looks better in the game. Still not as good as the source.
Also, decided to make another stage:

All it needs to be done is a test for lag and...well, it kinda sorta explodes and freezes the game after few seconds. This is just a preview from BrawlBox, but i know how to fix the freezing issue. I just need to find a way to keep this stage's colors properly (if i'll do what fixes the freezing, either all rocks become grey or everything except for lava goes 90% fabulous). This stage is not a walk-off, but its intended to be used for stamina mode matches due to high walls and high ceilling. So, not "tourney-legal". This is done to replace Brawl Skyloft for those who wants to be consistent or something. Don't know how to call it. This shouldn't really be Lower Norfair since that area is located in underground caverns and there clearly is a sky here, but whatever.

Last edited:

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
Are you planning on releasing that model, then? I think Ridley might look pretty cool if he were a bit skinnier (not weaker necessarily, just very thin) like his Super Metroid rendition. Love the other stuff too, though I generally don't play stamina mode.

Since you showed off Meta Ridley there, has that glitch from before been fixed on him yet?

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Are you planning on releasing that model, then? I think Ridley might look pretty cool if he were a bit skinnier (not weaker necessarily, just very thin) like his Super Metroid rendition. Love the other stuff too, though I generally don't play stamina mode.

Since you showed off Meta Ridley there, has that glitch from before been fixed on him yet?
Well, i will do that if file size will allow it and if it won't get too laggy.

No, but i can fix it thanks to KJP...but i need to start rigging it first and i can't really get dedication for something boring. I'll fix it very soon though.

Superfiremario

Smash Apprentice
Wait, so Ridley was ported over other character slots? And one of them is Olimar? Definitely using this mod again.

EDIT: Can I have a version of the codeset that just has the Ridley codeset because I have other codes in my build I don't want to replace.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I don't really mind the lack of a voice. Some of his sounds were really loud.
Not just voice. All sound effects. From swinging his arms or tail to shooting fireballs and landing. So, the only sounds you'll hear from him are sounds from hitting opponent and when he is under Metal Box's effect.

Last edited:

Superfiremario

Smash Apprentice
Oh. At least he's playable. So is there anyway just to have the codes for Ridley and not the full codeset, with Ridley's codes buried in there?

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Oh. At least he's playable. So is there anyway just to have the codes for Ridley and not the full codeset, with Ridley's codes buried in there?
Well, yeah, he is playable. No glitches that aren't already present in main mod at least. As for codes - open RSBE01.gct file you need with BrawlBox' code manager. Small codes (not the giant one) in it should be what you need. Just copy them and import into whatever file you have.

Last edited:

Cahalan

Smash Ace
What's the Main inspiration for your new stage? To me it reminds me of the lava area in Other M (mainly the boss area)...

Edit: Or if you want, convert it to a Phazon/Planet Phaaze themed stage...

Last edited:

iamresh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
VivillonDoe
3DS FC
1891-1659-0237
Oh. So, one of them is Zebes?

Mii fighter costume doesn't really says anything. Samus and Meta Knight costumes still exist.
well in all technicalities, it is just the mask of samus and meta knight and not a full body costume, but if costumes like that really do deconfirm characters, then i really feel bad for the K rool fans

ElGoombaswag

Hououin Kyoma
NNID
cdoggfuentes
Both (its a modified spiked model, with 2x more teeth, permanent grin and thinner body, but its also put in lighting settings that enable only ambient lighting or something).

Welp, might as well show 2 other recreated animations:
Had to edit FAir a little bit to make it balanced (otherwise, had too much vertical range). UAir looks better in the game. Still not as good as the source.
Also, decided to make another stage:

All it needs to be done is a test for lag and...well, it kinda sorta explodes and freezes the game after few seconds. This is just a preview from BrawlBox, but i know how to fix the freezing issue. I just need to find a way to keep this stage's colors properly (if i'll do what fixes the freezing, either all rocks become grey or everything except for lava goes 90% fabulous). This stage is not a walk-off, but its intended to be used for stamina mode matches due to high walls and high ceilling. So, not "tourney-legal". This is done to replace Brawl Skyloft for those who wants to be consistent or something. Don't know how to call it. This shouldn't really be Lower Norfair since that area is located in underground caverns and there clearly is a sky here, but whatever.
Woah. That stage looks so HD. :O

PyotrLuzhin

Smash Journeyman
Wait, so Ridley was ported over other character slots? And one of them is Olimar? Definitely using this mod again.

EDIT: Can I have a version of the codeset that just has the Ridley codeset because I have other codes in my build I don't want to replace.
If you haven't already set it up, I'll post the loose codes for olimar's port here in a little while

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
Last edited:

Depressedzombieluigi

Smash Apprentice
Yep, it's for the result name and the franchise icon. No other codes are necessary!
Pyotr, you seem to be pretty skilled when it comes to coding and what-not, why don't you also consider applying to the PMDT when the application thread open back up. The PMDT needs as many talented volunteers as they can get after all!

PyotrLuzhin

Smash Journeyman
Pyotr, you seem to be pretty skilled when it comes to coding and what-not, why don't you also consider applying to the PMDT when the application thread open back up. The PMDT needs as many talented volunteers as they can get after all!
Thanks, I appreciate it! I've been hacking various games (Pokemon was my first one haha) for a long time, so it'd be awesome to have an opportunity to work with such a skilled team.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
What's the Main inspiration for your new stage? To me it reminds me of the lava area in Other M (mainly the boss area)...

Edit: Or if you want, convert it to a Phazon/Planet Phaaze themed stage...
Don't know. Its just that area where Vorash appears for the first time, but with rocks moved around and scaled properly. So, just a random lava area.

Im not a fan of such recolored stages. To be a Phaaze stage, it needs a lot of changes.
I forgot to ask earlier: could you show a full pic of that creepy Ridley model?
Sure:

Normal lighting. Its just that dark. And its not finished yet. Mostly based off a drawing i found somewhere here.
Woah. That stage looks so HD. :O
Yeah. Bad game or not, Other M still has high model and texture quality for a Wii game.
So Bagan when is that Super Metroid Baganley coming?
Don't know.
Thanks, I appreciate it! I've been hacking various games (Pokemon was my first one haha) for a long time, so it'd be awesome to have an opportunity to work with such a skilled team.
Then good luck with it.

Last edited:

Wolley2xjd

Banned via Administration
Don't know. Its just that area where Vorash appears for the first time, but with rocks moved around and scaled properly. So, just a random lava area.

Im not a fan of such recolored stages. To be a Phaaze stage, it needs a lot of changes.

Sure:

Normal lighting. Its just that dark. And its not finished yet. Mostly based off a drawing i found somewhere here.

Yeah. Bad game or not, Other M still has high model and texture quality for a Wii game.

Don't know.

Then good luck with it.
That model reminds how he look in his Other M artwork because of how lanky his arms and legs are.

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
That model reminds how he look in his Other M artwork because of how lanky his arms and legs are.
Yeah,I agree. I personally like the lankiness but the spikes still seem like overkill to me. The teeth look great but as they approach the jaw they start flaring out sideways and that looks really goofy. Fixing that would look great.

Top Bottom