• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unofficial Project M Ridley - CLASSIC RIDLEY BETA RELEASED! 31/10/16

What is your opinion on this hack?

• Total voters

GD46

Smash Rookie
No, i changed it for most recent version a bit. Use v1.75. I no longer use DAir bounce.

Just replace projectm folder in your SD card with projectm folder in the archive. If you have your own custom build, then you will have to manually install everything from various folders.
But where should the Ridley file be in the SD card for him to show up on the character select screen?

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
But where should the Ridley file be in the SD card for him to show up on the character select screen?
Common5.pac file should be in projectm/pf/system folder. If you have no CSPs, stocks, SSSs, etc. installed, then just insert project m folder from archive into your sd card so it would merge with already existing folder.

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
Oh. I already reported it, but haven't heard of anything about it. But i think i know how to fix this (this and that weird bug with Super Scope and Zelda's DThrow). However, it involves using materials and shaders from Brawl, so, he will be bright and colorful again and there will probably be no gloss effect on him. There are desaturated textures though, so, it may not be that bad.
That works for me. Materials and things like that are probably things to be worked on once this project starts coming to an end anyway; it's just sorta distracting to see him really bright on brighter stages, so that should take more precedence IMO.

Zaelkath

Smash Rookie
Couldn't record it since I don't have a capture card or anything on my WiiU, but I was fighting Ridley as Samus on Pokemon Stadium 1 and when the stage transitioned to the grass type stage, Ridley just sorta...froze.

Like, his AI didn't just crap itself and stand there doing nothing, but he was completely frozen on the ground until I jabbed him.

I dunno if this is just a freak thing or what but I wanted to let you know just in case so you don't end up releasing the next version with the bug (if it is a bug) still there.

GerbilCrab475

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GerbilCrab
3DS FC
1246-8834-9360
Couldn't record it since I don't have a capture card or anything on my WiiU, but I was fighting Ridley as Samus on Pokemon Stadium 1 and when the stage transitioned to the grass type stage, Ridley just sorta...froze.

Like, his AI didn't just crap itself and stand there doing nothing, but he was completely frozen on the ground until I jabbed him.

I dunno if this is just a freak thing or what but I wanted to let you know just in case so you don't end up releasing the next version with the bug (if it is a bug) still there.
I never had that happen there. I did have it happen on the glacier level when my bro used Ridley's down B on the middle platform while it was collapsing.

Cpt.

Smash Lord
Thats not possible and you can, you know, dodge roll or something. Anyway, his DAir landing lag (but only 45 frames instead of 60 since now his DAir isn't as good as it was before) is back for next update and he doesn't bounces as high as he did before, so, this doesn't matters much.
Oh ok sweet I thought the video was just a prank thing so I didn't bother until now to watch it. Looks like thing are going in the right direction with Ridley. Nice job.

chapstique

Smash Rookie
:yeahboi:Fellow Ridley supporters, we must unite to overload the dlc fighter ballot with RIDLEY!! Together we can show Sakurai what a BIG mistake it was to not include him at first! Together we can make a difference!!!

WEK-Sector Pirate

Smash Apprentice
:yeahboi:Fellow Ridley supporters, we must unite to overload the dlc fighter ballot with RIDLEY!! Together we can show Sakurai what a BIG mistake it was to not include him at first! Together we can make a difference!!!
bye!, unrelevant things get removed! btw, you can find the textures of the melee trophy if anyone is curious

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero

...welp, thats interesting. But i don't know what exactly triggered it, so, i don't know how to fix it. If he did that after using special attack, then which one?

Zaelkath

Smash Rookie
...welp, thats interesting. But i don't know what exactly triggered it, so, i don't know how to fix it. If he did that after using special attack, then which one?
Ok, I thankfully was smart enough to save the replay and just re-watched it.

He froze IMMEDIATELY after he shot a fireball while on the ground.

This is where he was standing.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Ok, I thankfully was smart enough to save the replay and just re-watched it.

He froze IMMEDIATELY after he shot a fireball while on the ground.

This is where he was standing.

I see..this is latest version, right? Because he is supposed to change to falling state if ground below him disappears somehow.

Cpt.

Smash Lord
Gross, why would I want Sakurai to make Ridley when Bagan did such a good job already?

Zaelkath

Smash Rookie
...well...then try to do something:
  1. Go to Frigate Orpheon.
  2. Wait until alarm goes off.
  3. Use Neutral B just before stage rotates.
  4. See the result.
If he will freeze, then i know how to fix it.
Ok, lemme go boot up my WiiU

UPDATE

Yep, he froze.

Last edited:
NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
I had an idea about Ridley's Final Smash; what if he could transform into Omega Ridley (somewhat like Giga Bowser) and have his attacks become stronger and slower? Would that even work because he's using Pit as a base?

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I had an idea about Ridley's Final Smash; what if he could transform into Omega Ridley (somewhat like Giga Bowser) and have his attacks become stronger and slower? Would that even work because he's using Pit as a base?
I doubt it will work. It can be done, but not with such complex model and it would require rigging a new model and in such case its better to spend this time on alt costume. And even then, this Final Smash makes no sense since it requires Ridley to loose half of his body, its a downgrade in a very important part (speed) and i just hate transformation Final Smashes. Current Final Smash is fine as it is. Well, except for the animation. Either way, all kinds of transformation Final Smashes are out of question from both personal reasons and because it can't be done.
UPDATE

Yep, he froze.
Then i can fix it.

Last edited:

iamresh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
VivillonDoe
3DS FC
1891-1659-0237
by the way i was playing as ridley earlier against a kirby and realized that if possible, kirby needs that ridley fireball if swallowed (he uses pits arrow when swallowing ridley). not that big of a deal honestly, but just something i noticed

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
How do you install for latest version.
Insert projectm and codes folders from the pack into your SD card.

Why does no one reads text file included? It says "Read me first" and im pretty much quoting it when someone asks how to install the mod...
by the way i was playing as ridley earlier against a kirby and realized that if possible, kirby needs that ridley fireball if swallowed (he uses pits arrow when swallowing ridley). not that big of a deal honestly, but just something i noticed
That will be done later. It certainly is possible.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Now I got an image of Ridley shooting Pit's arrows out of his mouth. :troll: Dammit iamresh!

Warzenschwein

Smash Journeyman
You know, his fireballs looked more like arrows during development. You can see it in early images. He also shot 3 of them and they were rather weak (still could KO though).
You mean the weak fireballs that could carry someone off-stage and gimp at every percentage from across the stage? :troll:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
You mean the weak fireballs that could carry someone off-stage and gimp at every percentage from across the stage? :troll:
Thats why i said that they still could KO. Ah, i still remember those times when NAir was pretty much instant KO, he had infinite vertical AND horizontal recovery, etc...

Anyway, i encountered some problems with command grab. After properly setting up throw settings i forgot about, it turned out that opponent was launched down to the ground no matter what i put in the coding. I know how to fix this thanks to pikazz, but with current animation, it won't make any sense, so, i have to remake last part to either make Ridley somehow attack opponent (with hitbox appearing 0.1 frame after opponent it launched to get slammed down on the ground...why that early? because knockback on this thing is very high, so, opponent goes down very quickly) or just make him leave opponent on the ground. Route A is harder since i have to come up with attack that won't make this version of the grab too similar to aerial version and that will make sense when it hits someone else (something that i can't avoid), but Route B will make this command grab work too similar to Ganondorf's (yes, they will look different, but thats not the point). And its more useful for Ridley to get opponent off the ground anyway.

Rpggames77

Smash Journeyman
will this always be over pit or will there be a port so people who main pit can still have pit and ridley? like porting him over someone like toon link?

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
will this always be over pit or will there be a port so people who main pit can still have pit and ridley? like porting him over someone like toon link?
Yes, there will be. Too bad they need to be remade since new version will have a modified module to allow command grab to work.

OmegaX5000

Smash Journeyman
Worse for me - i can't watch it (and curiosity kills me) and i also have to do some work on...important stuff.
I'm checking out the stream, he was working on the forward roll and side tilt. Now he's starting up on another animation.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Small update:
I couldn't make Ridley throw opponent up, so, now he slams opponent into the ground. He doesn't has enough time to attack opponent after that without having to punish rolls or improper get up attacks unfortunately. If DTilt would be a little bit faster, he would be able to do so, but it usually hits opponent while opponent is invincible. There is another issue with it. If used close to the ledge, opponent will be thrown down off-stage. Fortunately, knockback is fixed on it, so, it never KOes on its own and Ridley can't really reach opponent in such state without risking to fall down into the blast zone.

Right now im working on aerial version and its a bit harder to do. I am limited with what i can do and if i wouldn't be able to make Ridley launch opponent diagonally with normal knockback instead of fixed knockback, then it might not work well. Have this for now:

Yes, he will be able to carry opponent anywhere he wants during aerial version of the grab for 58 frames, but he will move slowly. Throw ends with him blasting opponent out of his grasp with charged stream of fire. Also, i decided to abandon all of those specs in favor of Smash 3 rimlighting because that also fixes Super Scope/Zelda DThrow bugs and probably stage lighting bugs too and it also lowers file size of the models. Desaturated textures will be more signifficant too. I liked gloss effect on his wings, tongue, spikes, etc., but its more stable this way.

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
I love all of this. If we want the lighting fix right now, do we just have to change the rim lighting texture for the model, or is there more to editing the specs?

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I love all of this. If we want the lighting fix right now, do we just have to change the rim lighting texture for the model, or is there more to editing the specs?
  1. Reuse vBrawl character (say, Bowser)'s shaders, color nodes (?) and materials;
  2. Remove spec and diffuse textures.
That is without thinking about Smash 3 rimlighting. Because then, Smash 3 rimlighting tutorial must be followed. Thats all i can say. I don't know if lighting issue is actually fixed (it should be) since i never had it happen.

Top Bottom