• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unofficial Project M Ridley - CLASSIC RIDLEY BETA RELEASED! 31/10/16

What is your opinion on this hack?

• Total voters

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I have no idea what you just said but I think it's important.
Short version: command grabs are possible for certain characters that didn't originally had them thanks to module wizards.
Long version: through a method that requires knowledge of hex editor, module editors and just a lot of patience, it is possible to give most of characters a stable command grab that functions like some other character's. It needs to be stabilized though and it takes a while.

Im not sure me first matey will be able t' show command grab this time. Pikazz and me be stuck at bug fixin' and i didn' had time t' make animations for it or even properly adapt me ideas t' its limitations.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
So I just finished testing out Ridley after finally getting Project M to work for me, and he is absolutely as I would envision him to play; fast and powerful. He's tonnes of fun to play, and I think his air game works perfectly.

The only minor gripe I have is that the announcer still says "Pit" when I select Ridley, which is really the only thing that I could find that bugged me about the mod.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
So I just finished testing out Ridley after finally getting Project M to work for me, and he is absolutely as I would envision him to play; fast and powerful. He's tonnes of fun to play, and I think his air game works perfectly.

The only minor gripe I have is that the announcer still says "Pit" when I select Ridley, which is really the only thing that I could find that bugged me about the mod.
That can be fixed...at the cost of original announcer or if PMDT will decide to make few extra announcer calls with their new announcer.
Funny how we both have "Dark" in our names. I thought someone hacked my account and put Shaq up as a joke :smirk:
Thar be pretty much what happened. Except Shaq be t' culprit. Thar lad be quite impressive...

Last edited:
NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Ooh, so K.Rool is next in line? The Kutthroats'll be mighty pleased about that idea.

....actually, I should have seen it coming; I mean, the whole pirate talk thing is oozing in Kaptain K.Rool... :p

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Ooh, so K.Rool is next in line? The Kutthroats'll be mighty pleased about that idea.

....actually, I should have seen it coming; I mean, the whole pirate talk thing is oozing in Kaptain K.Rool... :p
Maybe...maybe not...maybe by me...maybe by someone long forgotten in the past, someone you won't expect, but someone well-known in his time...And thar pirate talk be for me capt'n, Ridley, not K.Rool.

Last edited:

JayJay55

Smash Journeyman
Newest showcase has arrived:
Not much though. Watch until the end. Thanks to @Warzenschwein again.
Since K. Rool is next in line, I'd recommend using this great model here:
http://dreamingbaku.deviantart.com/art/King-K-Rool-3D-Clay-Render-520110269

Downside is.....He hasn't gotten the textures finished yet, and its not the low poly version. IMO this is the perfect mixture of the Paon design and the Rare design with the style of Tropical Freeze.

Although if you don't want to ask this user about using his model for the mod then you don't have to.

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
Guys! You won't at all believe me once I say this...but I was able to contact Sakurai!

Yeah, apparently my cousin is a friend of Bill Trinen, who occasionally translates for Sakurai in live audiences. Through Bill, I was able to chat alittle bit with Sakurai by email. I told him about your Ridley mod, and he gave his full talk about it.

I should be proud that such a young man would be capable of doing this much. I can't say I approve Project M because it's illegal modding, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't take a page or two from the book while developing Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U.

But just because you made Ridley a playable character doesn't mean he'll succeed necessarily as one. I still stand by my word; Ridley will no longer be Ridley if he were to be scaled down and balanced for gameplay. I wanted to pay more attention to character accuracies for the characters that are in, and of course there are going to be hiccups like Ganondorf, Captain Falcon, and Olimar. But for them, they aren't as hindered.

Remember when I talked about those three last-minute clone fighters, and how they were made their own because of small differences? This is what I'm talking about by how devoted I am. When did you ever see Dark Pit use the three Sacred Treasures, or Dr. Mario using fireballs and F.L.U.U.D.? Let me remind you all of Mario's custom specials before there could be any any last-minute changes, leaving no room for any Megavitamins or a Mario Tornado. And as much as I feel negative about this, Dark Pit makes absolute sense as a blatant clone; he is a blatant clone from the beginning; literally the yin to Pit's yang.

So now can you imagine how uncomfortable it would be to tackle Ridley? Yes, congrats to you for "making the impossible possible." You sure proved that old geezer wrong! ...But did you really? Does an unofficial mod like Project M really count as a victory? I made it my goal to give fighters more canon to their fighting style, and Ridley being playable would go against everything I've set. Things would lose their meaning; their control. One false move would've set everything to metaphorical chaos and disarray. No matter what I did, there would be one upset side, and another shunning them to obscurity; I had no choice...Ridley really is "too big."

But you know what, BaganSmashBros.? You think you're so high and mighty as to question what's possible and what isn't? Prove it. Keep up your work, and prove the world wrong in every way that Ridley can be made playable, and still comfortably follow canon. I can't say to you that it will work, but I can't stop you, either. Don't stop, no matter what.

~Massahiro Sakurai
Yeah, he made sure to go in every bit of detail, there. I'm even surprised by how chatty he can be. Can you please share this with the guys over at the mansion? I think they'd like to hear this.

:yeahboi::yeahboi::yeahboi::yeahboi:Btw, April Fools.:yeahboi::yeahboi::yeahboi::yeahboi:
Srysly, tho, please share this with the mansion.

Weiss

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-5576-8555
Newest showcase has arrived:
Not much though. Watch until the end. Thanks to @Warzenschwein again.
I've been Shaq'd. Also I always thought that was like FNAF when it was yer sig. Glorious I love ya.
Dear god yes.

Guys! You won't at all believe me once I say this...but I was able to contact Sakurai!

Yeah, apparently my cousin is a friend of Bill Trinen, who occasionally translates for Sakurai in live audiences. Through Bill, I was able to chat alittle bit with Sakurai by email. I told him about your Ridley mod, and he gave his full talk about it.
I don't have to necessarily agree with this too not respect his opinion. I hope this is just fuel on Bagan's flame, may he excel and never burn out. I appreciate Sakurai's words on the topic however.

Last edited:

GerbilCrab475

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GerbilCrab
3DS FC
1246-8834-9360

Yeah, he made sure to go in every bit of detail, there. I'm even surprised by how chatty he can be. Can you please share this with the guys over at the mansion? I think they'd like to hear this.

:yeahboi::yeahboi::yeahboi::yeahboi:Btw, April Fools.:yeahboi::yeahboi::yeahboi::yeahboi:
I think I'll put it on GameFaqs instead.

Wolley2xjd

Banned via Administration

Is this real?

Wolley2xjd

No, it's naht.
Lucas DLC is, however.

Oh! Something about Ridley! Uhhhh, I like his new Up B now that I've seen it! ^^'
Ha you made it sound so real too, but dat mewtwo thou.

Wolley2xjd

Everyone go vote for Ridley! We need your support! :)
"Because while some people believe him to be "too big" I
know that he can work has a fighter because if his size
was really a problem then the team could use his
Super Metroid design which does have small wings btw and can have him on all fours.

This idea might sound strange but it's not the first time
that the space pirate leader has been seen on all
fours in fact every time Ridley is seen moving on the ground he's on all fours and it's not like this idea is new the Smash
series.

He's samus's joker and what most consider to be the
main bad guy of the Metroid series."

That's what I put down.

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
Can you actually save those requests? I plan on making my own Smash with Ridley, and I want the surprise to be as hype-inducing as possible.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Since K. Rool is next in line, I'd recommend using this great model here:
http://dreamingbaku.deviantart.com/art/King-K-Rool-3D-Clay-Render-520110269

Downside is.....He hasn't gotten the textures finished yet, and its not the low poly version. IMO this is the perfect mixture of the Paon design and the Rare design with the style of Tropical Freeze.

Although if you don't want to ask this user about using his model for the mod then you don't have to.
Yes, it is best model here. But before i can even think of using it, it must be rigged and it doesn't looks like it is.
What, you mean like the 47 in the static?
...maybe...
Can you actually save those requests? I plan on making my own Smash with Ridley, and I want the surprise to be as hype-inducing as possible.
What kind of requests?
"Because while some people believe him to be "too big" I
know that he can work has a fighter because if his size
was really a problem then the team could use his
Super Metroid design which does have small wings btw and can have him on all fours.

This idea might sound strange but it's not the first time
that the space pirate leader has been seen on all
fours in fact every time Ridley is seen moving on the ground he's on all fours and it's not like this idea is new the Smash
series.

He's samus's joker and what most consider to be the
main bad guy of the Metroid series."

That's what I put down.
Ridley moving like this will only increase his length and he is already pretty long.

HypnotizeOverdrive

Smash Ace
NNID
HypnoOverdrive
Holy hell, that K. Rool teaser.

Ridley updates are looking good as always. The video wasn't very funny but at least there's updates.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Holy hell, that K. Rool teaser.

Ridley updates are looking good as always. The video wasn't very funny but at least there's updates.
I wouldn't say its a teaser...we're far from having Ridley that is polished enough in animations and attacks to fit Project M and its April Fools' day video.

Didn't really aimed for "funny". Excluding first part of course.

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
Very much looking forward to K Rool.

Hey Bagan, would you consider ever doing a Melee Ridley? I always liked that model, and Melee variants are popular in PM. I think the model's workable in terms of proportions if you can get it T-posed (which I admit does look difficult).

Zaelkath

Smash Rookie
After much consideration, I put down Simon Belmont for the fighter ballot.

As much as I love Ridley, I don't think the Sm4sh team would make him nearly as good as Bagan has...lol

I'd rather have Ridley for Project M anyway since that is my main game...and I really friggen want Simon in a smash game.

HypnotizeOverdrive

Smash Ace
NNID
HypnoOverdrive
I wouldn't say its a teaser...we're far from having Ridley that is polished enough in animations and attacks to fit Project M and its April Fools' day video.

Didn't really aimed for "funny". Excluding first part of course.
Yeah, first part wasn't funny at all to be honest.

And I suppose everyone is far from seeing Ridley completely finished, though I'm not as anal about competitiveness and such as I am seeing good animations and mechanics, I like how he is at this point. Naturally my opinion means little, and doesn't represent the masses.

Seeing how Ridley is turning out excites me for another boss I didn't want to see in Smash.

Wolley2xjd

Yes, it is best model here. But before i can even think of using it, it must be rigged and it doesn't looks like it is.

...maybe...

What kind of requests?

Ridley moving like this will only increase his length and he is already pretty long.
ORIDLEY?

d8cwLes.png

Looks fine with me.

Top Bottom