• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unofficial Project M Ridley - CLASSIC RIDLEY BETA RELEASED! 31/10/16

What is your opinion on this hack?

• Total voters

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Before people mistake the "randomness"/continue on abusing April Fool's day shenanigans, or the message behind Bagon's intent to show Ridley can work, this is not a general thread to spam with things unrelated to the mod, nor is it (nor is anywhere) the place to spam "Vote for ___" posts.

Anymore off topic stuff going forward will be infracted. Yes, the thought of Ridley eventually becoming official is awesome, but that's no reason to jeopardize this thread, much less all of Bagan's hard work.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
ORIDLEY?

View attachment 45411

Looks fine with me.
He is 2x bigger than Bowser and he will have to stand up at some point (for example, when jumping, when he is launched or damaged, when attacking, etc), so, he will be obviously too big when compared to others. And he can't be kept compressed like this all of the time without looking ridicolous.

As IsmaЯ said, official poll has nothing to do with this thread in any way outside of being related to Ridley, but thats not enough.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Very much looking forward to K Rool.

Hey Bagan, would you consider ever doing a Melee Ridley? I always liked that model, and Melee variants are popular in PM. I think the model's workable in terms of proportions if you can get it T-posed (which I admit does look difficult).

Whoops, forgot about this one.
Probably not. Its not detailed enough, its rather redundant when Brawl Ridley looks nearly exactly same and i will still have to change him to match Other M Ridley's proportions (long arms, long tail, large wings, smaller head, longer torso, etc.).

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
I kinda don't know what to say anymore about Ridley so I don't know uh....any updates on Meta Ridley?

Wolley2xjd

Banned via Administration
He is 2x bigger than Bowser and he will have to stand up at some point (for example, when jumping, when he is launched or damaged, when attacking, etc), so, he will be obviously too big when compared to others. And he can't be kept compressed like this all of the time without looking ridiculous.

As IsmaЯ said, official poll has nothing to do with this thread in any way outside of being related to Ridley, but thats not enough.
He doesn't really need to stand up when taking damage or being launched and nor does he need to stand when attacking, the closest it would be to him standing up is when he's about to go into flight mode which would be the only time he would be like that and even then he would able to air doge most attack's.

I would make a chat showing how it could work without looking ridiculous but I lack the resources to do and you could just make a chat or something showing me how it couldn't work but I might still stand by this idea, even if it sounds silly.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
:yeahboi::yeahboi::yeahboi::yeahboi::yeahboi::yeahboi::yeahboi::yeahboi:

Wait for when he gets the Brawl on rigged. That would be the best time to start on Meta.
No, i want my version of Meta Ridley to be rigged first. Its easier. Then try with Brawl Ridleys.
I kinda don't know what to say anymore about Ridley so I don't know uh....any updates on Meta Ridley?
Nothing on him. But someone on deviant (don't remember name right now) agreed to help with Pirate Ridley so he would get something like what Kaptain K.Rool wears, so, there is that i guess...

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
Whoops, forgot about this one.
Probably not. Its not detailed enough, its rather redundant when Brawl Ridley looks nearly exactly same and i will still have to change him to match Other M Ridley's proportions (long arms, long tail, large wings, smaller head, longer torso, etc.).
That makes sense. Maybe when you add Brawl Ridley you could do a Melee texture, since they are similar like you said.

Zaelkath

Smash Rookie
I play tested Ridley all night until my thumbs started to literally blister.

After playing for so long something actually struck me, I never once used his down B. I actually forgot it was even there.

I can't remember if this was mentioned at all or not...but is anything going to be done with it? It just feels really useless to me since only the CPU is stupid enough to fire something at him while he's glowing and I can actually maneuver around most projectiles, including Samus' missile spam, just fine with a combination of fire balls and jumping.

I can't really think of how I'd modify it though. Maybe if the charge up was faster so you can catch people off guard with it easier?

Warzenschwein

Smash Journeyman
It's true that his Down-B doesn't really flow well with the rest of his kit.

Maybe making it similar to Lucas' offense up might help. You have to charge it manually (it has to be longer in this case) and after it has been fully charged, you can just activate it on frame 1 so you can catch people off guard with it and go aggro.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I play tested Ridley all night until my thumbs started to literally blister.

After playing for so long something actually struck me, I never once used his down B. I actually forgot it was even there.

I can't remember if this was mentioned at all or not...but is anything going to be done with it? It just feels really useless to me since only the CPU is stupid enough to fire something at him while he's glowing and I can actually maneuver around most projectiles, including Samus' missile spam, just fine with a combination of fire balls and jumping.

I can't really think of how I'd modify it though. Maybe if the charge up was faster so you can catch people off guard with it easier?
Yeah, its not very useful. Probably as useful as Mewtwo's Side B/Confusion. It can be used to force projectile spamming opponent to get in close range (and thats not a good idea when Ridley can grab and since he won't be interrupted by attacks unless enough damage is taken, it is even worse) and to go through attacks while he still doesn't has much damage dealt to him. With new Side B, it will be a little bit more useful since then it will not be possible to interrupt him without using strong attacks or just with good timing because it goes very fast (at least after start up) and pretty far. Its main purpose probably isn't reflecting projectiles and more just allowing Ridley to go through weak attacks, like Reflector's main purpose being Shine in Melee and PM instead of actually reflecting stuff.
It's true that his Down-B doesn't really flow well with the rest of his kit.
Maybe making it similar to Lucas' offense up might help. You have to charge it manually (it has to be longer in this case) and after it has been fully charged, you can just activate it on frame 1 so you can catch people off guard with it and go aggro.
Don't know. It still won't change it much.

Ground version of new Side B is nearly done. Only grab success animation is left. Coding is all here, no glitches, everything works perfectly. Animation isn't same as in old FThrow. Its different enough. Grab attempt animation is based off his grab attempt animation in Other M. It covers nearly half of FD, but hitboxes on it don't last for too long and its easy to punish at the end. Grab itself isn't much different from old FThrow. I will show it soon. Aerial version is very different though. Its not done outside of grab attempt animation however.

OmegaX5000

Smash Journeyman
Ground version of new Side B is nearly done. Only grab success animation is left. Coding is all here, no glitches, everything works perfectly. Animation isn't same as in old FThrow. Its different enough. Grab attempt animation is based off his grab attempt animation in Other M. It covers nearly half of FD, but hitboxes on it don't last for too long and its easy to punish at the end. Grab itself isn't much different from old FThrow. I will show it soon. Aerial version is very different though. Its not done outside of grab attempt animation however.
So what will become of the old side-b? Is that one going to be phased out completely or is it another a+b sort of thing like his up-close fire breath?

Cpt.

Smash Lord
Yo Bagan, you gotta make it so when Ridley Dairs on someone's shield he doesn't bounce so high. It makes it really impossible to punish.
I think this got ignored from all the April 1st stuff.

Everyone agree's right? I mean I think it is just unreasonable that it is 100% safe on shield in all situations and it sets you up for another strike afterwards.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I think this got ignored from all the April 1st stuff.

Everyone agree's right? I mean I think it is just unreasonable that it is 100% safe on shield in all situations and it sets you up for another strike afterwards.
Thats not possible and you can, you know, dodge roll or something. Anyway, his DAir landing lag (but only 45 frames instead of 60 since now his DAir isn't as good as it was before) is back for next update and he doesn't bounces as high as he did before, so, this doesn't matters much.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Does this mod still work for 3.6?
Didn't noticed this post. It most likely will unless they will do something with codes that changes something about Pit enough to cause issues. But even if he will work, things like common5.pac, RSBE01.gct/codes, etc. will have to be updated.

Also, since pikazz had to edit module/rel file to make command grab work, all of those rel files made to replace other characters like Toon Link will not be compatible.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Triple post f*** yeah!

Anyway, i won't show this special as a gif this time. Just 'cuz.

This special starts with Ridley stepping back and raising his left arm...

Then he leaps forward and quickly crosses long distance, with hitbox being active until he lowers his hand to brake. Then goes long end lag (i think its 30 frames or more, but i can't tell since it was slowed down through code and not animation because...thats easier to do, you know).

If he grabs someone, he will scrape opponent along the floor. After going forward for some time, he will stop and throw opponent up. No point-blank fireball/firebreath this time since i wanted aerial version of Side B to be more different from ground version (and it can't be shorter in duration because of command grab limitations, so, it can't simply be him throwing opponent down and trying to make him fall with opponent resulted in him either going through platforms below or never letting opponent go). And it probably is more useful this way. I dunno.

Also, Down Throw was changed a bit since April Fools video. It now makes it easier to see what Ridley does, his tail doesn't goes that deep into opponent (just tail blade) and GFX is posed better. Other than that, no differences.

Welp, thats it for now. And remember: y̜̪͇͢ͅo҉̶̵̡̤͍̘̤͠u̲̤̺͍̯͖͍̺͍̟͍̪̥͜͞͡ͅr҉̢̗̟̭̦̘͕̱̥͟ ̗͇̖̱̘̕͢s̨̤̠̳̀͘͢o̵̧̲̝̗̮͘͟u̵̮̜̘̺͙̜͈̱̰̹͇͔̰͙̬̳̕͝͝ͅl̢̧̛̟͇̦͔͚͉̣̖͕̕͞s̷̬͚̝̫ ̷̵̸͚̞̩͔͇͈̩̦͖̩̰̤͕̲́͝a̵̡̙͈̥̗͉̥͖͉͙͠ͅr̴͏҉̥̰̹̫̪̰̦̠͉̯̙͓ͅͅe̵̮̟̣͇͔̲̥̱͓ ̶̷͞͏̙͈̗̞̜m͉̭̠̫̹̹͉͙̀͢͟͞ì̡̝̻͔̭̦̪͖̖̩̦͔͈̭̯̭̞͘͢ņ̛̛̠͓͖̼̭̩̳͎̣̻̩̭̹ͅé̵̴̹̲̗͍̘̪̖͎̪̟̜̹̺͙̮̮͝.̵͕͕̜͕͟͝͝.͍͉͓̠͖̜͎̹̥̣̰̙̦̳̮͙͘͡.̨̮̼̺̠̬̮̰̖͇͎̱͎͎̟̬̭

Last edited:

OmegaX5000

Smash Journeyman
Just from watching the April Fools video, that new down throw looks painful for whoever is on the receiving end. Very fitting for Ridley indeed!

MerryShadow

Smash Cadet
Triple post f*** yeah!

Then he leaps forward and quickly crosses long distance, with hitbox being active until he lowers his hand to brake. Then goes long end lag (i think its 30 frames or more, but i can't tell since it was slowed down through code and not animation because...thats easier to do, you know).

If he grabs someone, he will scrape opponent along the floor. After going forward for some time, he will stop and throw opponent up. No point-blank fireball/firebreath this time since i wanted aerial version of Side B to be more different from ground version (and it can't be shorter in duration because of command grab limitations, so, it can't simply be him throwing opponent down and trying to make him fall with opponent resulted in him either going through platforms below or never letting opponent go). And it probably is more useful this way. I dunno.

Also, Down Throw was changed a bit since April Fools video. It now makes it easier to see what Ridley does, his tail doesn't goes that deep into opponent (just tail blade) and GFX is posed better. Other than that, no differences.

Welp, thats it for now. And remember: y̜̪͇͢ͅo҉̶̵̡̤͍̘̤͠u̲̤̺͍̯͖͍̺͍̟͍̪̥͜͞͡ͅr҉̢̗̟̭̦̘͕̱̥͟ ̗͇̖̱̘̕͢s̨̤̠̳̀͘͢o̵̧̲̝̗̮͘͟u̵̮̜̘̺͙̜͈̱̰̹͇͔̰͙̬̳̕͝͝ͅl̢̧̛̟͇̦͔͚͉̣̖͕̕͞s̷̬͚̝̫ ̷̵̸͚̞̩͔͇͈̩̦͖̩̰̤͕̲́͝a̵̡̙͈̥̗͉̥͖͉͙͠ͅr̴͏҉̥̰̹̫̪̰̦̠͉̯̙͓ͅͅe̵̮̟̣͇͔̲̥̱͓ ̶̷͞͏̙͈̗̞̜m͉̭̠̫̹̹͉͙̀͢͟͞ì̡̝̻͔̭̦̪͖̖̩̦͔͈̭̯̭̞͘͢ņ̛̛̠͓͖̼̭̩̳͎̣̻̩̭̹ͅé̵̴̹̲̗͍̘̪̖͎̪̟̜̹̺͙̮̮͝.̵͕͕̜͕͟͝͝.͍͉͓̠͖̜͎̹̥̣̰̙̦̳̮͙͘͡.̨̮̼̺̠̬̮̰̖͇͎̱͎͎̟̬̭

Ganondley, heh? :)
Won't Ridley clip through platforms during his down throw though? I thought you wanted to avoid that. Not that i care, i love what you did with the down throw, it looks brutal and that's what we want.

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
Triple post f*** yeah!

Awesome!!!

drogoth232

Smash Lord
Thats not possible and you can, you know, dodge roll or something. Anyway, his DAir landing lag (but only 45 frames instead of 60 since now his DAir isn't as good as it was before) is back for next update and he doesn't bounces as high as he did before, so, this doesn't matters much.
I'm pretty sure you could change it depending on if it hits a shield or not.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Ganondorf, is that you?
Technically, yes, it is. Its a good thing command grab porting works on Pit.
Ganondley, heh? :)
Won't Ridley clip through platforms during his down throw though? I thought you wanted to avoid that. Not that i care, i love what you did with the down throw, it looks brutal and that's what we want.
He will, but not by any much than he does during successful command grab, UThrow, old FThrow, etc.
I'm pretty sure you could change it depending on if it hits a shield or not.
I don't see any option like that in Change Action or If X codes.
On the regular model for Ridley. I had trouble with Battlefield lighting glitch before even after it was supposedly fixed, and you said you'd ask KJP to look into it.
Oh. I already reported it, but haven't heard of anything about it. But i think i know how to fix this (this and that weird bug with Super Scope and Zelda's DThrow). However, it involves using materials and shaders from Brawl, so, he will be bright and colorful again and there will probably be no gloss effect on him. There are desaturated textures though, so, it may not be that bad.
Have you been researching possible fixes (collision point editing) for the platform landing after aerials @ BaganSmashBros BaganSmashBros ?
Yeah and found nothing. The only thing i could use is use...i forgot what it was, but it had something to do with distance between ground and Ridley, but i found nothing like thisin Change Action and If X codes.

drogoth232

Smash Lord
I don't see any option like that in Change Action or If X codes.
Is the code that you're using for the Dair the same as before?

If that's the case, then I'll just DL the current version of Ridley that's public and test it out.

But you have to remember, depending on how you handle the Dair Bounce, you might have to make a new animation.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Is the code that you're using for the Dair the same as before?

If that's the case, then I'll just DL the current version of Ridley that's public and test it out.

But you have to remember, depending on how you handle the Dair Bounce, you might have to make a new animation.
No, i changed it for most recent version a bit. Use v1.75. I no longer use DAir bounce.
How do you get this mod to work? It still shows Pit for me.
Just replace projectm folder in your SD card with projectm folder in the archive. If you have your own custom build, then you will have to manually install everything from various folders.

Top Bottom