• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unofficial Project M Ridley - CLASSIC RIDLEY BETA RELEASED! 31/10/16

What is your opinion on this hack?

• Total voters

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I'll fix up the spikeless model as well.
Well, thanks then.
How do I add the codes to the GCT (Ridley has Metroid franchise icon, etc.)? Also, would someone be willing to add an announcer call if it doesn't already exist?
If you don't have any codes other than default PM 3.5 codes, then just import "codes" folder into your SD so it would merge with currently existing folder. Announcer call doesn't exists yet.

Weiss

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-5576-8555
When all is finished I am very curious to how the polished Ridley will play.
I think you, Bagan, and King Jigglypuff should be the start of a team haha.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
When all is finished I am very curious to how the polished Ridley will play.
I think you, Bagan, and King Jigglypuff should be the start of a team haha.
Im curious about that too.
He has at least 2 PSAs to do (Xenomorph and Raptor...and maybe something else), so, i doubt that will happen any time soon.

OmegaX5000

Smash Journeyman
Well, thanks then.

If you don't have any codes other than default PM 3.5 codes, then just import "codes" folder into your SD so it would merge with currently existing folder. Announcer call doesn't exists yet.
If you want, I could make an announcer call for you that isn't a sound mash-up.

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
Im curious about that too.
He has at least 2 PSAs to do (Xenomorph and Raptor...and maybe something else), so, i doubt that will happen any time soon.
I'm all for collabs. And having more than just one person work on projects would likely make progress on both ends faster. So if you ever wish to collab on anything, feel free to message me.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
If you want, I could make an announcer call for you that isn't a sound mash-up.
You mean with your own voice or what? If you mean use that Brawl announcer's Ridley announcer call, then don't even try - it has low quality (mostly because of that echo).
I'm all for collabs. And having more than just one person work on projects would likely make progress on both ends faster. So if you ever wish to collab on anything, feel free to message me.
Oh. Will remember that.

Last edited:

Weiss

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-5576-8555
Yay two are better then one.
A collaborated effort will be great I am sure.

I read Raptor and remembered my days of Turok on the GameCube killing my brothers as Malk... Good times.

AbbiDood

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ShadyLion
Watched the video by Relax Alax, and even if these points have been mentioned before I still feel like getting my thoughts out there.

Size is fine imo. MAYBE make him like a percent smaller, but I really think the main problem is how you animated his tail in most animations. That's what makes him look so huge if you ask me. Maybe don't have it flail around so much in his waiting animation, and have it kinda curl around him when moveing around.
Next, he has too much aerial mobility for that kind of range, and just range in generel. I think it was his side tilt or something that just had HUGE range while being relativly quick. He needs a bit more recovery on some of his moves if they're gonna have that much range (mainly the ones using his tail). But yea, I feel like maybe giving him Mario-esque air mobility instead of Jigglypuff-esque air mobility would be better.
Some animations don't look too good. Now I know how much time this stuff takes, and this is in no way meant to sound rude. But stuff like his up tilt for example don't look too polished imo. Kinda minor but whatever, thought I'd mention it.

Other than that though, and other minor balancing "issues", this is really impressive. Great job man, can't wait for future updates.

ライオン

Smash Cadet
NNID
RiotSword
3DS FC
5214-9919-0198
This is very cool. I have yet to try this, but to those who have; How well does Ridley fit in terms of balance with the rest of the cast? I find it hard to imagine a small character like Olimar fighting Ridley.

GerbilCrab475

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GerbilCrab
3DS FC
1246-8834-9360
Small and/or fast characters have an advantage. I hate Kirby...
Squirtle is worse. That stupid turtle is so small many of Ridley's attacks go right over his head.

On the bright side, once you hit him, you can keep him in the air.

Weiss

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-5576-8555
I REALLY hate Kirby. Thank God I destroy him with Samus.
Ridley cannot barely hit him, it's worse than crawling Snake.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Watched the video by Relax Alax, and even if these points have been mentioned before I still feel like getting my thoughts out there.

Size is fine imo. MAYBE make him like a percent smaller, but I really think the main problem is how you animated his tail in most animations. That's what makes him look so huge if you ask me. Maybe don't have it flail around so much in his waiting animation, and have it kinda curl around him when moveing around.
Next, he has too much aerial mobility for that kind of range, and just range in generel. I think it was his side tilt or something that just had HUGE range while being relativly quick. He needs a bit more recovery on some of his moves if they're gonna have that much range (mainly the ones using his tail). But yea, I feel like maybe giving him Mario-esque air mobility instead of Jigglypuff-esque air mobility would be better.
Some animations don't look too good. Now I know how much time this stuff takes, and this is in no way meant to sound rude. But stuff like his up tilt for example don't look too polished imo. Kinda minor but whatever, thought I'd mention it.

Other than that though, and other minor balancing "issues", this is really impressive. Great job man, can't wait for future updates.
Watching someone playing as Ridley against CPU and actually using him are different things. Tail will be curled like that outside of more active animations (like running, attacking, jumping), but only later, when other issues will be gone.
I already said that i won't change his aerial mobility and explained why (must be somewhere on previous pages, i don't remember where exactly, but it was shortly after release of v1.5). Range is getting reduced on STilt, SSmash and DSmash in the next update (not by much). That range is still not really that great and i'll explain why. You know how Marth's tipper deals more damage while rest of the sword isn't that good, but still can be used to KO and damage opponents? Well, you see, Ridley has something similar. Except its heavely exaggerated - tip deals high damage and knockback (not always that high, but you understand what i mean), but everything else on the tail is as weak as most jabs in the game (3% damage and low knockback). It also has low hitlag. So, hitting with the sourspot may lead into troubles. I can't do anything about tail range anyway - if i will make his tail any more shorter than that, it will look heavely distorted during animation in which its not straight or only slightly curved. Thats just the way his tail is rigged. Recovery on his moves is already long enough to be higher than Ganondorf's (who is also stronger).
Yeah, i know. I just wanted to add all animation as fast as possible while still keeping animation quality high without making them too large in size. Will be fixed along with the way tail is posed while he isn't using it.

For those who has problems with small characters - DTilt all the way. It can hit even crawling Snake as far as i remember. It also has OTG properties (if you don't know what it means, it can launch knocked down opponents into the air). As for fast characters - Down B on the ground, but it will make Ridley even slower, so, it may not be a good idea. Other than that, nothing else can help him with those.

Last edited:

OmegaX5000

Smash Journeyman
So, I was just messing around in training mode as Ridley and noticed that his fireball had endless range. I was in the Training Room stage and was curious how far his fireball could go. So I went all the way to the wall on the left of the stage and threw out a fireball in midair and it traveled all the way across the stage and still kept going even after the stage ended.

...I think it's safe to say that move needs to have its horizontal range nerfed a bit.

SyphoV2

Smash Cadet
NNID
SyphoV2
3DS FC
1504-5926-1350
Will you make this so it can work as an add-on for the latest launcher? So if it's installed, it replaces Pit and uninstalled takes it back to vanilla 3.5

Weiss

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-5576-8555
People who criticize should have the abilities to edit.
I like your ava Bagan, will miss the tophat though.

Last edited:

GerbilCrab475

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GerbilCrab
3DS FC
1246-8834-9360
Went through the Great Maze with Ridley and found this nightmare.

It's Pit with Ridley's rig.

Cpt.

Smash Lord
@ BaganSmashBros BaganSmashBros

So I found this Ridley tech that may need to be fixed. You can side be in the air and then fall back to a platform and edge cancel it (with ease) and rinse and repeat. It pretty much makes it impossible for characters without projectiles to approach.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
It must be the Longchu of Project M!
Impassable Pit, perhaps?
@ BaganSmashBros BaganSmashBros

So I found this Ridley tech that may need to be fixed. You can side be in the air and then fall back to a platform and edge cancel it (with ease) and rinse and repeat. It pretty much makes it impossible for characters without projectiles to approach.
...what is edge cancelling? And doesn't it puts him into helpless state and lifts up into the air at the end? I want to see it executed properly.

Wolley2xjd

Banned via Administration
So everytime I try using the spikeless model it ends up having pits moveset but with ridley's model.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
So everytime I try using the spikeless model it ends up having pits moveset but with ridley's model.
Do you put it into same foler where Pit's files is? And did you installed original mod before that? Later one is important because if you didn't installed original mod first, then you won't have Ridley's moveset and animations.

So, thanks to @Shiro_Neku, now we have BrawlEx port of this mod: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=207934 I won't give installation instructions because i failed to figure out how BrawlEx works a long time ago and still don't understand. So, you must know how to install it before even clicking on the link.

Last edited:

Wolley2xjd

Do you put it into same folder where Pit's files is? And did you installed original mod before that? Later one is important because if you didn't installed original mod first, then you won't have Ridley's moveset and animations.

So, thanks to @Shiro_Neku, now we have BrawlEx port of this mod: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=207934 I won't give installation instructions because i failed to figure out how BrawlEx works a long time ago and still don't understand. So, you must know how to install it before even clicking on the link.
Yes I put it the same folder has pit's, do you mean I have to put the files in beofe I put it on my SD card or after it's already in the SD card?

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Yes I put it the same folder has pit's, do you mean I have to put the files in beofe I put it on my SD card or after it's already in the SD card?
...I'll just tell you this:
  1. Install original mod as it should be installed.
  2. Import spikeless models into Pit's folder WITHOUT DELETING ANYTHING.
  3. Done.
Was it done like this?

Wolley2xjd

...I'll just tell you this:
  1. Install original mod as it should be installed.
  2. Import spikeless models into Pit's folder WITHOUT DELETING ANYTHING.
  3. Done.
Was it done like this?
I actually did it the wrong way the first time so had to redo it.

Top Bottom