• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unofficial Project M Ridley - CLASSIC RIDLEY BETA RELEASED! 31/10/16

What is your opinion on this hack?

• Total voters

Warzenschwein

Smash Journeyman
I request a video of Neo-Ridley scream taunt-cancelling on the centre of Peach's Castle.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I strongly suggest the Super Metroid grab in which he stabs/whips the opponent 3 times with his tail, or the one where he spins his tail in 3 full circles. They are both quite brutal. The 3rd hit should definitely send his target flying upwards (just as Ridley loosens his grip on his enemy). Also, as soon as Ridley grabs his opponent with his feet, he should fly upwards with the enemy carried beneath him at a high altitude, in order to prevent anyone from interfering. The max altitude should be approximately the same as Project M Charizard during Seismic Toss. As he hits his opponent, it could also hit nearby players (if within range).

Btw, which of the 4 throws will be the strongest? I personally believe one of Ridley's grabs should be useful as a kill move (similar in launch power to Ness's back throw). If you plan on adding Ridley's point-blank fireball at the end of his Front Throw, that should definitely be the strongest. If not, then the Up Throw seems like the next best thing.

I think yosharioIII was talking about the attack where Ridley stomps the ground in your Showcase video at 4:19 to 4:40-ish. It was completely replaced by the skin reflect from Other M correct? If ever that stomp is brought back for whatever reason, it should be vastly different from any others. Most stomps send the opponent flying upwards (Dedede's, Bowser's). Ridley's stomp should send the enemy flying to the sides along the ground, similar to how Meta Ridley's stomp pushes Samus away. If the opponent is near Ridley, but not under him, it would still be dangerous because the shockwave caused by the landing would also have a decent push effect if Ridley physically misses his target. Not only would the move be useful if performed near the edge of a stage to send opponents sideways to their doom, but if done anywhere else, it will allow Ridley to gain distance from his enemies in order to hit them with the tip of his tail attacks for maximum damage. Just a few suggestions in case the stomp ever comes back.
I used those tail whips in a bit different way:

1st one isn't a tail whip, but others are. 3rd tail whip isn't visible because of framerate issues (it is what causes slash hitspark to appear before he goes down), but it is exactly same as 2nd one. This is the strongest throw. It isn't useful for combos, but it is powerful enough to KO at 120% and Ridley is invincible while performing it. Also, while going up, Ridley laughs, but it doesn't sounds like a human laughing and more like, well, Ridley.
I added point-blank fireball at the end Forward throw, but it is used to set up combos and not as a kill move. Goes through platforms unlike Kirby's, MK's and Charizard's Up Throw, but that is because of the way throws are coded.

Yes, it was replaced along with its ground version (which was just a super jump kind of special).
Thats a good idea. If Meta Ridley alt will ever be made, i will make sure ground shockwave will be replaced with exactly same one as in Metroid Prime.
I request a video of Neo-Ridley scream taunt-cancelling on the centre of Peach's Castle.
...Why would anyone really need taunt-cancelling?
Oh, and speaking of Ridley-X's scream, would it be ok if Ridley could stun opponent and get out of taunt before opponent regains control or remove that stun hitbox? PM Ike has spike hitbox on his down taunt and PM Snake/Toon Link regains health by using his taunt, so, something like this is certainly allowed.

Ezoroth

Smash Rookie
NNID
Generalray
3DS FC
0877-1587-0191
Oh, and speaking of Ridley-X's scream, would it be ok if Ridley could stun opponent and get out of taunt before opponent regains control or remove that stun hitbox? PM Ike has spike hitbox on his down taunt and PM Snake/Toon Link regains health by using his taunt, so, something like this is certainly allowed.
That sounds amazing, please make that a thing.
Oh, on a side note, will a newer showcase be released anytime soon? I wish to show the person with the wii that I would use how great this mod is.

Warzenschwein

Smash Journeyman
...Why would anyone really need taunt-cancelling?
...why wouldn't you want to spam one of the most annoying sounds there is? :yeahboi:

Sounds okay to me as long as long as the hitbox isn't much bigger than Puff's Rest. I think adding another actually useful, unique tool to a taunt might be a bit too much so it should stay some kind of hard read joke attack like Ganon's sword.
This just reminds me again how bad Puff's sing is. It's taunt easteregg tier, lol.

Goes through platforms unlike Kirby's, MK's and Charizard's Up Throw, but that is because of the way throws are coded.
Oh, that's pretty unfortunate and removes some of its utility as a kill throw, hm...

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Fantastic work so far on this, Bagan. I remember when you first started talking about making this. Never thought it would come so far.

Is there an updated video or something on the progress of Rids? I understand that the one in the OP is outdated?

latinking

Smash Apprentice

1st one isn't a tail whip, but others are. 3rd tail whip isn't visible because of framerate issues (it is what causes slash hitspark to appear before he goes down), but it is exactly same as 2nd one. This is the strongest throw. It isn't useful for combos, but it is powerful enough to KO at 120% and Ridley is invincible while performing it. Also, while going up, Ridley laughs, but it doesn't sounds like a human laughing and more like, well, Ridley.
I added point-blank fireball at the end Forward throw, but it is used to set up combos and not as a kill move. Goes through platforms unlike Kirby's, MK's and Charizard's Up Throw, but that is because of the way throws are coded.

Yes, it was replaced along with its ground version (which was just a super jump kind of special).
Thats a good idea. If Meta Ridley alt will ever be made, i will make sure ground shockwave will be replaced with exactly same one as in Metroid Prime.

Brilliant... absolutely brilliant. Even though it is not the circle tail attack (my personal favorite), it simply looks amazing. Does the tail hit anyone else that could be near him?
Ridley laughing will be the first time in video game history where he shows his a**hole personality! It's true that we all know what sort of character Ridley is by having read lore and outside media, but in the Metroid games themselves, he's mostly appeared as a, dare I say, mindless creature, with no personality to be seen other than attacking Samus and others like a wild animal, never showing as much as a smirk or laughter.

Regarding taunts, I have a few questions:
1. Is it possible to have every taunt contain a different sound clip of Ridley from his numerous appearances? In other words, have one of the taunts contain a Prime 1 or Prime 3 growl sound, another taunt have the Super Metroid screech, and well, you already have the painfully beautiful Neo Ridley one. I'm not saying all of his taunts should be Ridley doing roar animations, but merely have soundclips added to whatever you have already planned to be his taunt animations.
2. I think Neo Ridley's roar should definitely keep the stun effect on players, and his animation should end fairly quickly to allow him to attack those stunned. The question is, what is the range of this? I personally think it would be fair if the range was somewhere between Jigglypuff's Sing and Project M Ganondorf's Sword attack Taunt. Keep in mind that in order to perform Neo Ridley's roar, the player leaves himself open by having to hold down the button. Thus the reward for doing a perfectly timed hit on targets that are constantly moving should be satisfying.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Brilliant... absolutely brilliant. Even though it is not the circle tail attack (my personal favorite), it simply looks amazing. Does the tail hit anyone else that could be near him?
Ridley laughing will be the first time in video game history where he shows his a**hole personality! It's true that we all know what sort of character Ridley is by having read lore and outside media, but in the Metroid games themselves, he's mostly appeared as a, dare I say, mindless creature, with no personality to be seen other than attacking Samus and others like a wild animal, never showing as much as a smirk or laughter.

Regarding taunts, I have a few questions:
1. Is it possible to have every taunt contain a different sound clip of Ridley from his numerous appearances? In other words, have one of the taunts contain a Prime 1 or Prime 3 growl sound, another taunt have the Super Metroid screech, and well, you already have the painfully beautiful Neo Ridley one. I'm not saying all of his taunts should be Ridley doing roar animations, but merely have soundclips added to whatever you have already planned to be his taunt animations.
2. I think Neo Ridley's roar should definitely keep the stun effect on players, and his animation should end fairly quickly to allow him to attack those stunned. The question is, what is the range of this? I personally think it would be fair if the range was somewhere between Jigglypuff's Sing and Project M Ganondorf's Sword attack Taunt. Keep in mind that in order to perform Neo Ridley's roar, the player leaves himself open by having to hold down the button. Thus the reward for doing a perfectly timed hit on targets that are constantly moving should be satisfying.
Yes, tail has hitbox on it instead of thrown player as it usually is.

1. Only Super Metroid screech because other roars haven't been ripped yet.
2. Its range equals the size of roar GFX used. Taunt lasts for a while, but not enough for opponent to regain control unlike Jigglypuff's.
Fantastic work so far on this, Bagan. I remember when you first started talking about making this. Never thought it would come so far.

Is there an updated video or something on the progress of Rids? I understand that the one in the OP is outdated?
Yeah, i remember those times. Didn't thought it would be that difficult.

Only gifs that show certain attacks. New video will be uploaded once get hit and ledge animations will be done.
That sounds amazing, please make that a thing.
Oh, on a side note, will a newer showcase be released anytime soon? I wish to show the person with the wii that I would use how great this mod is.
Only after finishing get hit and ledge animations. It will be both a showcase video and test against lv9 opponents.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Yeah, i remember those times. Didn't thought it would be that difficult.

Only gifs that show certain attacks. New video will be uploaded once get hit and ledge animations will be done.
I can imagine. How much do you work on this?

I'd imagine not, but do you have an archive of the gifs? I'd love to see how the project's coming along.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I can imagine. How much do you work on this?

I'd imagine not, but do you have an archive of the gifs? I'd love to see how the project's coming along.
If you mean for how long, then...since October or even earlier. If you mean how much i work per day, then pretty much all of free time. If something else...?

There is an incomplete one in the OP/first post that im updating when i take a break from this mod.

Speaking of that, even though i want to finish it as soon as possible (while still keeping quality as high as possible of course), i may not be able to work on it for some time because of reasons i won't explain because its something personal.

PyotrLuzhin

Smash Journeyman
Ridley over Toon Link has been completed! Now that most of the glitches have been ironed out, I'll be able to easily make ports and codes for Lucas, ROB and Olimar.

drogoth232

Smash Lord
Why not just try to PSA port it?

It's more complicated and it might need workaround fixes, but they're usually more stable than rel ports.

PyotrLuzhin

Smash Journeyman

It's more complicated and it might need workaround fixes, but they're usually more stable than rel ports.
Eh, I haven't had any issues with this particular method of porting the character just yet, so until people start encountering problems, i'm inclined to say that a .rel port is the best course of action. A PSA port from Pit to Toon Link sounds like a coding nightmare. Given my own area of experience, I'd rather work with .rel coding than PSA coding. To each his own, I suppose. Though I do agree with you that in most cases, a PSA port would be better.

latinking

Smash Apprentice
1. Only Super Metroid screech because other roars haven't been ripped yet.
Damn, it ultimately seems like Prime Ridleys will be getting very little representation on your awesome mod. If I were to record the ingame sound clip of Meta Ridley from Prime 1 without the music in the background, would you be able to use it? Or under no circumstance do you use anything except ripped sounds?

My final suggestions for getting some Prime Ridley love added to your mod are the following two:
a) Ridley's Down Smash animation could simply be changed to a near exact replica of Meta Ridley's 360 degree tail swipe that he often uses right after his ground dash in Prime 1. When charging the Down Smash Attack, the animation could involve Ridley looking under his right arm just like Meta Ridley does before tail swiping.
For those curious to know what it looks like, 8:37 on the following video www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3WIyXRpGpA

b) Changing his Down Smash to Omega Ridley's 360 degree tail + fire breath attack. This is in Prime 3 where he gets on all fours and spins in one spot trying to hit Samus with both his tail and a stream of fire from his mouth. What make this attack as a Down Smash very useful is, from the moment the button input is done, Ridley's attack would hit anything both in front and behind him at the same time. Many fighters in Smash Bros possess Down Smashes that can only hit one side first before hitting the opposite (think Ganondorf's). Very few characters have this attack hitting both sides simultaneously, and I think Ridley could greatly benefit from having this type of Down Smash. The animation would not even need to involve Ridley getting on all fours, his current Down Smash animation would simply require making his mouth open wide as he spews a short-ranged stream of fire as he spins (or medium ranged).
Attack can be seen at 6:08 in the link www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiFw1gajVjc

Now that I look back at Omega Ridley's attack, that could also work as a nice Down B if the reflect skin doesn't work out. Like Donkey Kong's Down B, Ridley's attack would last indefinitely as long as the player holds down/mashes the button.
2. Its range equals the size of roar GFX used. Taunt lasts for a while, but not enough for opponent to regain control unlike Jigglypuff's.
The major downside I see with Ridley's taunt animation lasting a while even after the actual scream is done, is the fact that a 3rd or 4th player who hasn't been affected by the stun will be free to attack both Ridley and the stunned opponent. If you were simply talking about the startup animation prior to the scream being long, then it's fine.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Damn, it ultimately seems like Prime Ridleys will be getting very little representation on your awesome mod. If I were to record the ingame sound clip of Meta Ridley from Prime 1 without the music in the background, would you be able to use it? Or under no circumstance do you use anything except ripped sounds?

My final suggestions for getting some Prime Ridley love added to your mod are the following two:
a) Ridley's Down Smash animation could simply be changed to a near exact replica of Meta Ridley's 360 degree tail swipe that he often uses right after his ground dash in that game. When charging the Down Smash Attack, the animation could involve Ridley looking under his right arm just like Meta Ridley does before tail swiping.
For those curious to know what it looks like, 8:37 on the following video www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3WIyXRpGpA

b) Changing his Down Smash to Omega Ridley's 360 degree tail + fire breath attack. This is the one in Prime 3 where he gets on all fours and spins in one spot trying to hit Samus with both his tail and a stream of fire from his mouth. What make this attack as a Down Smash very useful is, from the moment the button input is done, Ridley's attack would hit anything both in front and behind him at the same time. Many fighters in Smash Bros possess Down Smashes that can only hit one side first before hitting the opposite (think Ganondorf's). Very few characters have this attack hitting both sides simultaneously, and I think Ridley could greatly benefit from having this type of Down Smash. The animation would not even need to involve Ridley getting on all fours, his current Down Smash animation would simply require making his mouth open wide as he spews a short-ranged stream of fire as he spins (or medium ranged).
Attack can be seen at 6:08 in the link www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiFw1gajVjc

Now that I look back at Omega Ridley's attack, that could also work as a nice Down B if the reflect skin doesn't work out. Like Donkey Kong's Down B, Ridley's attack would last indefinitely as long as the player holds down/mashes the button.
The major downside I see with Ridley's taunt animation lasting a while even after the actual scream is done, is the fact that a 3rd or 4th player who hasn't been affected by the stun will be free to attack both Ridley and the stunned opponent. If you were simply talking about the startup animation prior to the scream being long, then it's fine.
If quality will be high, then i will use it. It won't sound out-of-place, so, it can be freely used.

I'd choose option A.

Reflective skin already works perfectly in both ways (applying buff and removing it..um...prematurely by using it second time while still in that state). Just need to make aerial version of it.

Start up and end lag are low and stunning hitbox lasts while he roars, so, it won't be much of a problem. If opponent approaches from behind, then it will most likely not end well like in case of other taunts.

Articles and actually working defensive collisions can't be ported, remember? Ridley has both.

Last edited:

drogoth232

Smash Lord
Articles and actually working defensive collisions can't be ported, remember? Ridley has both.
That's what I meant with coding workarounds and stuff. Making up new moves as substitutes.

Yeah, it isn't 100% authentic, but there's less chance of screwups.

Warzenschwein

Smash Journeyman
Ah, I see. Do you have any testers able to make videos?

If not, I'd be willing to volunteer since I'm interested in his capabilities in a 1v1 and could make a decent showcase vid.

PyotrLuzhin

Smash Journeyman
That's what I meant with coding workarounds and stuff. Making up new moves as substitutes.

Yeah, it isn't 100% authentic, but there's less chance of screwups.
Even though you didn't ask me and you're probably not interested anyway, I can assure you that my method of porting has been tested thoroughly and will continue to be tested for errors. So far, my method has proven far more effective than what you've proposed, since it preserves the character's original moveset and it saves an enormous amount of time. Just so you know, this is NOT a standard .rel port either. Usually, I'd elaborate on all of the technical details of what I've done, but I think that it'd just be a waste of time. After all, you didn't even bother to respond to my first post, so why should I expect you to read this one?

drogoth232

Smash Lord
After all, you didn't even bother to respond to my first post, so why should I expect you to read this one?
I'm sorry, I didn't know you'd take not replying to you to heart lol. I didn't reply to your comment because there was no way I could further continue the conversation. I don't know enough about rel porting to say something meaningful, and frankly it's too late in my Brawl Hacking career to learn. Just because I didn't reply to you didn't mean I didn't read it lol.

PyotrLuzhin

Smash Journeyman
I'm sorry, I didn't know you'd take not replying to you to heart lol. I didn't reply to your comment because there was no way I could further continue the conversation. I don't know enough about rel porting to say something meaningful, and frankly it's too late in my Brawl Hacking career to learn. Just because I didn't reply to you didn't mean I didn't read it lol.
Actually, I should apologize haha. It seemed like you didn't trust that my method was effective, but I obviously took it the wrong way. I shouldn't have reacted in such a rash manner, and I'm sorry. I usually don't take it to heart, but I take my work too seriously sometimes lol.

Draco_The

Smash Lord
For sounds and other stuff from the games (models, textures, etc) you can try asking in the Metroid reddit. That's what I did to get a model, sfx and voice acting for my Rundas mod.

El Fonz0

Smash Apprentice
For sounds and other stuff from the games (models, textures, etc) you can try asking in the Metroid reddit. That's what I did to get a model, sfx and voice acting for my Rundas mod.
You have a Rundas mod? Where could one find it?

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Ah, I see. Do you have any testers able to make videos?

If not, I'd be willing to volunteer since I'm interested in his capabilities in a 1v1 and could make a decent showcase vid.
I have only one possible tester, but im not sure about him.

First i need to know how good you are through video proof and who is your best character.
I'll try to do that. Thanks for suggestion. And Rundas mod for what? Sounds interesting.

So, personal problems are out of the way now (sooner than i thought), so, everything is safe.
Final Smash is done:

I won't post gif animation of it because Ridley doesn't moves a lot during it, so, all that would really move is flame and thats not interesting. Once opponent is caught in the flame, he/she/it will not escape no matter what due to how hitboxes are set up (hitboxes closer to Ridley push opponent forward while hitboxes at the end push opponent back). Even if opponent will somehow survive, damage dealt is so high (156% + 20% on the final hit) that it is pointless unless Ridley is in a bad condition as well or opponent gets hit by tail's sourspot. However, unlike every directional Final Smash (e.g. Zelda/Sheik's Light Arrow, Samus' Zero Laser, Lucario's Aura Storm, etc), its horizontal range is not infinite. Its shorter than Final Destination's platform length. So, it is not very useful on large stages. It has a small blind spot until final hit and there is no vacuum effect like on Zero Laser. To be honest, i did not expected GFX used to look like this and thought it would require extra GFX to make it look better. Right now im trying to improve animation to look better.

latinking

Smash Apprentice
If quality will be high, then i will use it. It won't sound out-of-place, so, it can be freely used.
I've been informed that you have recently gotten a hold of Meta Ridley's sound files. On my end, I have recorded all the Omega Ridley sounds from Prime 3 (some of his roars are very, VERY cool to hear). Do you know any site where I could upload the file for you so you can gain access to it? I'm somewhat clueless on things like these (only uploads I've ever done are youtube vids).

I'd choose option A.
I had my fingers crossed you'd choose option B, due to its advantage on hitting both sides at once :p. Curious, but oh well.

Reflective skin already works perfectly in both ways (applying buff and removing it..um...prematurely by using it second time while still in that state). Just need to make aerial version of it.
Speaking of which, I had completely forgotten Omega Ridley was the first Ridley to create a ''reflective'' shield on his body (made of Phazon armor, after damaging him a bit). If you ever create an Omega Ridley costume on your mod, he should definitely turn somewhat blue when pressing Down B (the sound effect when he creates the shield is also in the file I have prepared).

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Do you know any site where I could upload the file for you so you can gain access to it? I'm somewhat clueless on things like these (only uploads I've ever done are youtube vids).
Mediafire...MEGA...Dropbox...lots of options there.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I've been informed that you have recently gotten a hold of Meta Ridley's sound files. On my end, I have recorded all the Omega Ridley sounds from Prime 3 (some of his roars are very, VERY cool to hear). Do you know any site where I could upload the file for you so you can gain access to it? I'm somewhat clueless on things like these (only uploads I've ever done are youtube vids).

I had my fingers crossed you'd choose option B, due to its advantage on hitting both sides at once :p. Curious, but oh well.

Speaking of which, I had completely forgotten Omega Ridley was the first Ridley to create a ''reflective'' shield on his body (made of Phazon armor, after damaging him a bit). If you ever create an Omega Ridley costume on your mod, he should definitely turn somewhat blue when pressing Down B (the sound effect when he creates the shield is also in the file I have prepared).
First dropbox or mediafire, then upload it somewhere where others could get it because something like this shouldn't be available just for 1 project.

That will be easy to do.
I already posted it in your Reddit thread but I found this Metroid Prime SFX rip and it includes all Meta-Ridley sounds.
http://www.sounds-resource.com/download/3672/
Thanks. Will use those for both this project and 2nd attempt at Metroid Prime SFX Samus.

So, Metroid Hatchling capsule has been successfully added with no problems other than very bright force field (i used this instead of glass because...Metroid...in a simple glass container?)

Last edited:

latinking

Smash Apprentice
First dropbox or mediafire, then upload it somewhere where others could get it because something like this shouldn't be available just for 1 project.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/a3i3q6dfca4fceh/omega+ridley+sound.mp3
Hope this helps. Even if your Ridley mod doesn't end up with any of Omega Ridley's attacks or animations, if at least some of his sound effects are used, your mod will still be a combination of all Ridleys seen in Metroid games. :)

The last 4 sound effects heard in the file (starting at 24 seconds) are the following in this exact order: Phazon Shield creation, Phazon Stomp Shockwave, and 2 sounds of Ridley crying out in pain when he's knocked off his feet (could serve as Ridley mod's cries when he's strongly hit by opponent, or when he's launched in the background of the stage?). Everything before these sounds are roars, growls, etc.

So, Metroid Hatchling capsule has been successfully added with no problems other than very bright force field (i used this instead of glass because...Metroid...in a simple glass container?)
Keeping a Metroid in glass does seem crazy. In the entirety of Metroid history, there has, not once, been a successful long term containment of Metroids. Either Samus or some other breaks them free, or they break free on their own. Not even Mother Brain's so called telepathic brainwaves kept them in check during Zero Mission... why Samus and the Federation stated Mother Brain could control them in Other M is beyond me :/

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
http://www.mediafire.com/listen/a3i3q6dfca4fceh/omega_ridley_sound.mp3
Hope this helps. Even if your Ridley mod doesn't end up with any of Omega Ridley's attacks or animations, if at least some of his sound effects are used, your mod will still be a combination of all Ridleys seen in Metroid games. :)

The last 4 sound effects heard in the file (starting at 24 seconds) are the following in this exact order: Phazon Shield creation, Phazon Stomp Shockwave, and 2 sounds of Ridley crying out in pain when he's knocked off his feet (could serve as Ridley mod's cries when he's strongly hit by opponent, or when he's launched in the background of the stage?). Everything before these sounds are roars, growls, etc.

Keeping a Metroid in glass does seem crazy. In the entirety of Metroid history, there has, not once, been a successful long term containment of Metroids. Either Samus or some other breaks them free, or they break free on their own. Not even Mother Brain's so called telepathic brainwaves kept them in check during Zero Mission... why Samus and the Federation stated Mother Brain could control them in Other M is beyond me :/
It gets me redirected to completly unrelated site. And are those in one single sound file or separated? Either way, if there are enough of them, i may make 3rd version of Ridley's soundbank.

Keep in mind that Mother Brain was allied with Space Pirates only to get military force required to conquer everything and was going to get rid of them all once everything is done according to the manga, so, maybe it was intentional.

Capsule is done:

It looks like glass, but if you will look closer, you will notice that it moves and has lines on it. So, i went both for classic and realistic (well, more like something that would be more logical to have than a simple glass container) look. It won't appear outside of one of the win animations (not that one shown here), but its worth the time spent on it.

latinking

Smash Apprentice
It gets me redirected to completly unrelated site. And are those in one single sound file or separated? Either way, if there are enough of them, i may make 3rd version of Ridley's soundbank.
I changed the link in my previous post, but just in case, I'll put it here as well. I have no clue why the other link didn't work, since on my end I could click it and it would take me there...
http://www.mediafire.com/download/a3i3q6dfca4fceh/omega+ridley+sound.mp3

Keep in mind that Mother Brain was allied with Space Pirates only to get military force required to conquer everything and was going to get rid of them all once everything is done according to the manga, so, maybe it was intentional.
However, in Zero Mission, she hadn't yet conquered anything with the Pirates. I don't think she would eliminate her forces this early when the Federation is still alive and kicking it, including Samus. I like to believe Mother Brain, the Pirates, or anyone else for that matter, completely underestimated Metroids. They were too much to handle and broke free. On an unrelated note, It's freaky to realize that a single Metroid was able to become Dark Samus, and that one entity caused a galactic wide crisis.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I changed the link in my previous post, but just in case, I'll put it here as well. I have no clue why the other link didn't work, since on my end I could click it and it would take me there...
http://www.mediafire.com/download/a3i3q6dfca4fceh/omega ridley sound.mp3

However, in Zero Mission, she hadn't yet conquered anything with the Pirates. I don't think she would eliminate her forces this early when the Federation is still alive and kicking it, including Samus. I like to believe Mother Brain, the Pirates, or anyone else for that matter, completely underestimated Metroids. They were too much to handle and broke free. On an unrelated note, It's freaky to realize that a single Metroid was able to become Dark Samus, and that one entity caused a galactic wide crisis.
Still redirects me to whatever http://mp3juices.se/search/http+3A+...dfca4fceh+2Fomega+20ridley+20sound+mp3/page/1 is. Try something like dropbox.

Then it makes more sense.
And its even worse when you know that those were created by Chozo, who were against any kind of violence, to be used against something very dangerous, but still alive.

latinking

Smash Apprentice
What the...... how is this even happening?
I just went to share options on media fire and got a link that says Forum Embed Code, hopefully this will send you to the right spot.
http://www.mediafire.com/listen/a3i3q6dfca4fceh/omega_ridley_sound.mp3
I'm going to dropbox and upload it there as well. Should not take long.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero

Crixler

Smash Journeyman
The link works fine for me. Bagan, sounds like you may have something nasty redirecting links going on on your computer.

latinking

Smash Apprentice
The link works fine for me. Bagan, sounds like you may have something nasty redirecting links going on on your computer.
BaganSmashBros was able to get a hold of my file in PM. Problem solved....somehow.

Just letting you know Bagan, the file that you got earlier on reddit contains Meta Ridley sounds from the Gamecube version. Meaning it may not have the sfx of the flame Shockwave stomp attack that was added in PAL Prime 1 and Prime Trilogy on the Wii. If ever you implement that move in the future, let me know and I'll upload the sfx.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
2nd victory pose done:
http://www.4shared.com/video/jTfZgZMIba/bandicam_2015-01-07_21-43-36-5.html
And it is very heavy in terms of file size and that must be fixed as soon as possible. Glass scrapping GFX is done like that because Ridley's claws slide off few times while going down. Also, for some reason, game crashes on 2nd match or its results screen at least when tested on emulator. May have something to do with file size limits again.

Last edited:
Top Bottom