• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unofficial Project M Ridley - CLASSIC RIDLEY BETA RELEASED! 31/10/16

What is your opinion on this hack?

• Total voters

Hidan

Smash Apprentice
Besides, it's for Brawl/Project M, which on your main list it says is Meta Knight for both. Overall, I'd say when you feel like playing as Ridley use the mod, and when you don't, remove the mod so you can play as Pit. That sounds simple enough.

DarkfireKurai

Smash Rookie
This has actually somewhat changed my mind on the Ridley debate. I already had the "TOO BIG" mentality prior to seeing this mod. This is looking really good. I've got to say though that the tail could shortened. While watching your demo video, I could not help but be bothered by just how long it was. You are really pushing the envelope on just how large you can get a character to be before looking out of place and I feel that merely shortening the tail by a bit would help.

latinking

Smash Apprentice
This has actually somewhat changed my mind on the Ridley debate. I already had the "TOO BIG" mentality prior to seeing this mod. This is looking really good. I've got to say though that the tail could shortened. While watching your demo video, I could not help but be bothered by just how long it was. You are really pushing the envelope on just how large you can get a character to be before looking out of place and I feel that merely shortening the tail by a bit would help.
Not to worry, the demo video you saw is, by this point in time, heavily outdated I'd say. Starting from page 12 all the way to page 17 on this thread, all pictures and gifs featuring Ridley contain his updated model with his shortened tail. Below is a gif from page 13.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
New Neutral B...or, more accurately, its alt version triggered by pressing :GCA: while he steps back before shooting fireballs:
Ground version:

Aerial version:

It is powerful, cannot be absorbed or reflected like Bowser and Charizard's fire breath, is a meteor smash (spike?) if used in the air and stops all vertical movement, so, it can be used as part of Ridley's already perfect recovery abilities. BUT vertical range (ground version)/horizontal range (aerial version) is pretty bad and there is a blind spot that can be exploited by small characters or Samus' crawl:

Until fireballs crashing the game will be fixed, this will remain default version. Default version is disabled and can't be triggered without editing moveset file, but even then, Ridley won't shoot anything or even use any SFX and GFX.

Wolley2xjd

Banned via Administration
New Neutral B...or, more accurately, its alt version triggered by pressing :GCA: while he steps back before shooting fireballs:
Ground version:

Aerial version:

It is powerful, cannot be absorbed or reflected like Bowser and Charizard's fire breath, is a meteor smash (spike?) if used in the air and stops all vertical movement, so, it can be used as part of Ridley's already perfect recovery abilities. BUT vertical range (ground version)/horizontal range (aerial version) is pretty bad and there is a blind spot that can be exploited by small characters or Samus' crawl:

Until fireballs crashing the game will be fixed, this will remain default version. Default version is disabled and can't be triggered without editing moveset file, but even then, Ridley won't shoot anything or even use any SFX and GFX.
This is why I love you, when life gives you lemon you make sweet lemonade. :)

SmashBrosPM

Smash Cadet
Isn't it possible to make Ridley his own character instead of replacing Pit (like Mewtwo and Roy in PM)? It would be cool to have the ultimate complete roster!
Also I hope you'll be on the PM Team soon (if you aren't already)!

PyotrLuzhin

Smash Journeyman
Isn't it possible to make Ridley his own character instead of replacing Pit (like Mewtwo and Roy in PM)? It would be cool to have the ultimate complete roster!
Also I hope you'll be on the PM Team soon (if you aren't already)!
Yeah, it is possible, but PM's clone engine isn't public at the moment (nor will it ever be, as far as I know). Barring private builds or pre-built isos, it will probably never emerge. However, I'm making a module that will allow Ridley to be ported over anyone in the cast, in case someone wants to keep Pit in the roster.

Last edited:

MetaKnight956

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2981-7717-3785
So if you want to use this then you replace Pit's character data with Ridley's? If not then can you tell me how? (Yeah I know it's not released yet but I would like to know in advance)

PyotrLuzhin

Smash Journeyman
So if you want to use this then you replace Pit's character data with Ridley's? If not then can you tell me how? (Yeah I know it's not released yet but I would like to know in advance)
Yes, my guess is that BaganSmashBros will release the files as a folder that you'll copy into your projectm\pf\fighter folder. You'll need to go into the common5.pac to replace Pit's cosmetic data. Once my module has been completed, you'll be able to overwrite any character of your choosing, as long as you name all the files properly.

EDIT: The module has been finished, but you'll need to add a code to your RSBE01.gct once it is released
to prevent the character from T-posing while performing multiple jumps.

Last edited:

WEK-Sector Pirate

Smash Apprentice
Yes, my guess is that BaganSmashBros will release the files as a folder that you'll copy into your projectm\pf\fighter folder. You'll need to go into the common5.pac to replace Pit's cosmetic data. Once my module has been completed, you'll be able to overwrite any character of your choosing, as long as you name all the files properly.
Your module? care to elaborate?

PyotrLuzhin

Smash Journeyman
Your module? care to elaborate?
Sure. A module, or .rel file, is a program that the game loads when you select a character on the CSS. Modules carry out most of the heavy lifting in SSBB, and there are two main types: static and dynamic .rels. You can find them in pf\module, and every character has one. Essentially, I am modifying one of the "perfect port" .rels made a while ago so that it will work for Project M.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero

EDIT: The module has been finished, but you'll need to add a code to your RSBE01.gct once it is released
to prevent the character from T-posing while performing multiple jumps.
Thats great. Then that means once i will finish him, i can replace whatever character i want and since Ridley should appear on Metroid stages and as part of Metroid franchise...Zero Suit Samus, begone!

PyotrLuzhin

Smash Journeyman
Thats great. Then that means once i will finish him, i can replace whatever character i want and since Ridley should appear on Metroid stages and as part of Metroid franchise...Zero Suit Samus, begone!
I had the same thought, actually, but I'll need to do some testing with ZSS. She's a transforming character, and from what I know about how transforming characters work, weird things could happen. I'll play around with it though. If I can't get it to work, it'd be easy to make a code that would change the franchise of the character that you want to replace.

EDIT: Here's an example of what I mean. The code would look something like this: 044558FC 03000000. Metroid's franchise ID is 3, and the first part is the address in Brawl's memory that holds ROB's franchise affiliation. While it's not a terribly intensive process, the module will have to be modified on the user's end somewhat, and the user would have to create codes like to fix things like the victory name, the franchise ID and the multijumping glitch (which is an IC-constant issue). This assumes that the user knows how to edit modules and write Ocarina codes, so it might be easier if I set up the modules to work over certain characters and create codes for these characters. Which characters would people like me to set up?

Last edited:

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
It'll be like that old Metroid password 'Samus 8 Ridley' only in reverse.Sweet revenge.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I had the same thought, actually, but I'll need to do some testing with ZSS. She's a transforming character, and from what I know about how transforming characters work, weird things could happen. I'll play around with it though. If I can't get it to work, it'd be easy to make a code that would change the franchise of the character that you want to replace.
His placement would still be incorrect unless he is over Charizard in PM, who is a transforming character too. And is this module tested in PM?
It'll be like that old Metroid password 'Samus 8 Ridley' only in reverse.Sweet revenge.
Or an updated version of ENGAGE RIDLEY MOTHER F***ER.

PyotrLuzhin

Smash Journeyman
His placement would still be incorrect unless he is over Charizard in PM, who is a transforming character too. And is this module tested in PM?

Or an updated version of ENGAGE RIDLEY MOTHER F***ER.
Yes, the module is being tested in PM, and it appears to work so far over everyone who doesn't transform. Unfortunately, since transforming characters share .rels with their partners, it doesn't appear that Charizard or ZSS can be replaced without causing issues with Samus or the other Pokemon. Sorry, but it doesn't look possible right now. You could always modify your CSS order though in the GCT if you want Samus, ZSS and Ridley near one another.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Yes, the module is being tested in PM, and it appears to work so far over everyone who doesn't transform. Unfortunately, since transforming characters share .rels with their partners, it doesn't appear that Charizard or ZSS can be replaced without causing issues with Samus or the other Pokemon. Sorry, but it doesn't look possible right now. You could always modify your CSS order though in the GCT if you want Samus, ZSS and Ridley near one another.
Oh well. I still have characters i don't need. And how exactly can i edit CSS order?

PyotrLuzhin

Smash Journeyman
Oh well. I still have characters i don't need. And how exactly can i edit CSS order?
Open RSBE01.gct in a hex editor and do a hex search for 06680DE0 0000002A. You should see a series of two-byte IDs starting with 15 right below the digits that you just put in the search field that ends at 29, which is random. I don't have the IDs on hand right now, so you'll have to experiment a bit.

yosharioIII

Smash Apprentice
I have a question. Is the Firebrand Bon Voyage technique and/or that u-shaped swoopy thing that the Brawl-dley did still included in the moveset? I was just wondering, I thought it was an interesting attack, it's fine if it's not. Also, what else has been thought for his Final Smash? I remember some one saying a few posts back that you could turn the Centurions into strong fire balls, but the whole stopping and aiming think they do may look weird. I mean, I think it could look kinda interesting, Ridley goes into the background a bit (if that's possible) and somehow fires a bunch of weird homing plama-balls, it wouldn't be the first time his fire balls moved ridiculously unnaturally. It actually kinda makes me think of his missiles form the Meta Ridley battle. But yeah, this was just an idea I had.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Open RSBE01.gct in a hex editor and do a hex search for 06680DE0 0000002A. You should see a series of two-byte IDs starting with 15 right below the digits that you just put in the search field that ends at 29, which is random. I don't have the IDs on hand right now, so you'll have to experiment a bit.
...thats gonna take a while then.
I have a question. Is the Firebrand Bon Voyage technique and/or that u-shaped swoopy thing that the Brawl-dley did still included in the moveset? I was just wondering, I thought it was an interesting attack, it's fine if it's not. Also, what else has been thought for his Final Smash? I remember some one saying a few posts back that you could turn the Centurions into strong fire balls, but the whole stopping and aiming think they do may look weird. I mean, I think it could look kinda interesting, Ridley goes into the background a bit (if that's possible) and somehow fires a bunch of weird homing plama-balls, it wouldn't be the first time his fire balls moved ridiculously unnaturally. It actually kinda makes me think of his missiles form the Meta Ridley battle. But yeah, this was just an idea I had.
Bon Voyage one was removed once i found out opponent will escape his grab before he could finish animation and because it was redundant while that U swoop is still used as Up B. Final Smash is certainly not going to be like Pit's. Instead, its something he and Queen Metroid actually use in Other M (but more based off Queen Metroid's). Basically a charged fire breath with a lot of horizontal range (but not enough to fully cover giant stages like in case of Lucario or Samus' Final Smashes), some vertical range, very high damage and knockback and no way to angle it. Its based off charged fire breath attack Ridley uses, but with damage of Queen Metroid's that she uses if Samus fails to use grapple beam in time after Queen Metroid gets up after getting knocked over by Bottle Ship's brakes or whatever those are called activating.

yosharioIII

Smash Apprentice
...thats gonna take a while then.

Bon Voyage one was removed once i found out opponent will escape his grab before he could finish animation and because it was redundant while that U swoop is still used as Up B. Final Smash is certainly not going to be like Pit's. Instead, its something he and Queen Metroid actually use in Other M (but more based off Queen Metroid's). Basically a charged fire breath with a lot of horizontal range (but not enough to fully cover giant stages like in case of Lucario or Samus' Final Smashes), some vertical range, very high damage and knockback and no way to angle it. Its based off charged fire breath attack Ridley uses, but with damage of Queen Metroid's that she uses if Samus fails to use grapple beam in time after Queen Metroid gets up after getting knocked over by Bottle Ship's brakes or whatever those are called activating.
AH. Interesting. Cool then. I was just wondering. I just really love how basically all of these attacks basically hearken back to something Ridley's actually done. His up tilt and new little plasma cough are reminiscent of his fire attack from the Other M battle. His jab combo is kinda from Other M /Smash 4 wit Crusade influence. His side b looks like his Brawl boss full screen dash, but also isn't too dissimilar to his other lunging attacks from Prime/Other M. It's just all lovely.

latinking

Smash Apprentice
Because of Smash Bros 4, I grew to massively hate Zero Suit Samus for the following reasons:

1. The Crimson Viper boots from Street Fighter 4 being added to her. More irritating is the fact that it did not come from any single Metroid game, it was simply a random thing they created.
2. The overall look of Zero Suit Samus is based on the design from Other M, serving as a constant reminder of that terrible game.
3. She is, from all logical perspective, possibly the main reason why Dark Samus was not made into a playable character. Sakurai might have found it silly to include 3 characters that contained Samus in their names. Rather than choosing the memorable villain from all 3 Prime games as a playable character, Sakurai kept Zero Suit Samus.

Project M sort of brought cooled down my anger of ZSS with the alternate costume that is based on her time living and training with the Chozo. As a bonus, that same costume has the Chozo symbol from Metroid Prime on her chest. This symbol represents the 12 artifacts of the Cradle, which is the temple that kept Phazon and Dark Samus' original form at bay.

That's what I love about Project M, they know little details like these will please hardcore fans. Btw, thanks Draco_The and BaganSmashBros for explaining Triforce Ganondorf's fake projectile mechanics.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
AH. Interesting. Cool then. I was just wondering. I just really love how basically all of these attacks basically hearken back to something Ridley's actually done. His up tilt and new little plasma cough are reminiscent of his fire attack from the Other M battle. His jab combo is kinda from Other M /Smash 4 wit Crusade influence. His side b looks like his Brawl boss full screen dash, but also isn't too dissimilar to his other lunging attacks from Prime/Other M. It's just all lovely.
And some say Ridley has little to work with...
For me personally, I wouldn't mind if it was either ROB or Olimar.
This ^ + Toon Link and Lucas because semi-clones.
Because of Smash Bros 4, I grew to massively hate Zero Suit Samus for the following reasons:

1. The Crimson Viper boots from Street Fighter 4 being added to her. More irritating is the fact that it did not come from any single Metroid game, it was simply a random thing they created.
2. The overall look of Zero Suit Samus is based on the design from Other M, serving as a constant reminder of that terrible game.
3. She is, from all logical perspective, possibly the main reason why Dark Samus was not made into a playable character. Sakurai might have found it silly to include 3 characters that contained Samus in their names. Rather than choosing the memorable villain from all 3 Prime games as a playable character, Sakurai kept Zero Suit Samus.

Project M sort of brought cooled down my anger of ZSS with the alternate costume that is based on her time living and training with the Chozo. As a bonus, that same costume has the Chozo symbol from Metroid Prime on her chest. This symbol represents the 12 artifacts of the Cradle, which is the temple that kept Phazon and Dark Samus' original form at bay.

That's what I love about Project M, they know little details like these will please hardcore fans. Btw, thanks Draco_The and BaganSmashBros for explaining Triforce Ganondorf's fake projectile mechanics.
Well, at least she got better with those boots. Still a worthless addition since Brawl. And this mod uses Other M model with few minor changes and a lot of stuff from that game, so, it will serve as a reminder of that game too...

Yeah. They also actually care about their audience and know what balance is, properly fix what is broken (Meta Knight) and properly buff what is bad (Ganondorf, Bowser, Jigglypuff, Zelda, etc). And most importantly they do all of that while under limits, absolutely for free.

Last edited:

Shiro_Neku

Smash Cadet
@ BaganSmashBros BaganSmashBros here is the list of the character IDs for the CSS:
Code:
Character Ids:
00 Mario
01 Donkey Kong
02 Link
03 Samus
04 Zero Suit Samus
05 Yoshi
06 Kirby
07 Fox
08 Pikachu
09 Luigi
0A Captain Falcon
0B Ness
0C Bowser
0D Peach
0E Zelda
0F Sheik
10 Ice Climbers
11 Marth
12 Mr. Game & Watch
13 Falco
14 Ganondorf
15 Wario
16 Metaknight
17 Pit
18 Pikmin & Olimar
19 Lucas
1A Diddy Kong
1F Dedede
20 Lucario
21 Ike
22 Robot
23 Jigglypuff
24 Toon Link
25 Wolf
26 Snake
27 Sonic
28 None
29 Random
2A Charizard
2B Squirtle
2C Ivysaur
2E Mewtwo
2D Roy

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
@ BaganSmashBros BaganSmashBros here is the list of the character IDs for the CSS:
Code:
Character Ids:
00 Mario
01 Donkey Kong
02 Link
03 Samus
04 Zero Suit Samus
05 Yoshi
06 Kirby
07 Fox
08 Pikachu
09 Luigi
0A Captain Falcon
0B Ness
0C Bowser
0D Peach
0E Zelda
0F Sheik
10 Ice Climbers
11 Marth
12 Mr. Game & Watch
13 Falco
14 Ganondorf
15 Wario
16 Metaknight
17 Pit
18 Pikmin & Olimar
19 Lucas
1A Diddy Kong
1F Dedede
20 Lucario
21 Ike
22 Robot
23 Jigglypuff
24 Toon Link
25 Wolf
26 Snake
27 Sonic
28 None
29 Random
2A Charizard
2B Squirtle
2C Ivysaur
2E Mewtwo
2D Roy
Thanks for this list.

Some minor updates:
Fire breath doesn't leaves Ridley hovering anymore if used in the air because i later found out how broken it would be, but making him fall helpless would make it pretty much useless;
Increased feet hitbox size after ground version of Side B connects to make sure he hits characters like Jigglypuff because i tested it few times and Jigglypuff was too far from Ridley at 0% for his feet to hit.
Thats all for now.

Last edited:

PyotrLuzhin

Smash Journeyman
Code:
Character Ids:
00 Mario
01 Donkey Kong
02 Link
03 Samus
04 Zero Suit Samus
05 Yoshi
06 Kirby
07 Fox
08 Pikachu
09 Luigi
0A Captain Falcon
0B Ness
0C Bowser
0D Peach
0E Zelda
0F Sheik
10 Ice Climbers
11 Marth
12 Mr. Game & Watch
13 Falco
14 Ganondorf
15 Wario
16 Metaknight
17 Pit
18 Pikmin & Olimar
19 Lucas
1A Diddy Kong
1F Dedede
20 Lucario
21 Ike
22 Robot
23 Jigglypuff
24 Toon Link
25 Wolf
26 Snake
27 Sonic
28 None
29 Random
2A Charizard
2B Squirtle
2C Ivysaur
2E Mewtwo
2D Roy
Thank you! I always edited my CSS by comparing the code to my Dolphin window, so I never actually had anything written out. ROB, Olimar, Toon Link and Lucas are the lucky replacement winners, so I'll start working on those soon.

latinking

Smash Apprentice
And this mod uses Other M model with few minor changes and a lot of stuff from that game, so, it will serve as a reminder of that game too...
I should have edited my last post to mention specifically the main thing that bothered me in Other M:

''The overall look of Zero Suit Samus is based on the design from Other M, serving as a constant reminder of her horrible personality in the game''

Ridley's boss battle in Other M (minus the cutscenes before and after the battle) was actually one of the very few things that came out of the game that was cool, despite his design being far from the best. But the changes you've made to his model, plus the cool attacks he had in that game that you've implemented in your mod... you essentially polished Other M Ridley and kept the good parts to make him immensely badass.

This ^ + Toon Link and Lucas because semi-clones.
A shame Project M couldn't make Toon Link more unique, cause they did a fantastic job at making Lucas feel more different from Ness than Sakurai and his team could manage.

Warzenschwein

Smash Journeyman
Actually, I also prefer the modified Other M model. It always had more potential than the Brawl model which looked awful imho.

The only other option would have been something Meta- or Omega-Ridleyesque.

FacelessHeretic

Smash Rookie
I have been unbelievably hyped for this project, i have always wanted ridley in smash ever since i saw him in the opening of Melee. Bagan i've just got to say that this whole thing just gets better and better everytime i check this thread, i'm glad someone like you took initiative to create a badass, well polished ridley like this :D

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
I should have edited my last post to mention specifically the main thing that bothered me in Other M:

''The overall look of Zero Suit Samus is based on the design from Other M, serving as a constant reminder of her horrible personality in the game''

Ridley's boss battle in Other M (minus the cutscenes before and after the battle) was actually one of the very few things that came out of the game that was cool, despite his design being far from the best. But the changes you've made to his model, plus the cool attacks he had in that game that you've implemented in your mod... you essentially polished Other M Ridley and kept the good parts to make him immensely badass.

A shame Project M couldn't make Toon Link more unique, cause they did a fantastic job at making Lucas feel more different from Ness than Sakurai and his team could manage.
I think Tink is well done non clone wise.But it dosen't stop him from being INSANELY annoying.
However in Sm4sh,I'll agree.He adds the least to the roster of any character,save maybe the SUPER clones.

Ezoroth

Smash Rookie
NNID
Generalray
3DS FC
0877-1587-0191
My god, this thread gets better and better.
I do have a curiosity question, is it mentioned anywhere when this awesome mod will come out?

Hidan

Smash Apprentice
He said winter; latest in February, but I Bagan does redo his animations to make them more crisp/avoid clipping then it'll probably take longer than that. So without any unforeseen problems I imagine it'd be February to April.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I'd rather wait and have a perfectly working Ridley mod even if it takes past February.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
He said winter; latest in February, but I Bagan does redo his animations to make them more crisp/avoid clipping then it'll probably take longer than that. So without any unforeseen problems I imagine it'd be February to April.
I will redo animations after finishing mod. Its not going to be something like Bowser's animations getting redone between Brawl and SSB4, so, there won't be too much of a difference. So, i'd say end of January to middle of the February.

Due to how hard it is to animate (most difficult one IMO) and just because it doesn't makes much sense and all it has is just being awesome, Up Throw will be replaced by simpler one, based off one of the attacks from Super Metroid (one where Ridley grabs Samus with his feet and then knocks her out of his grasp with his tail or just releases her, dealing damage). Its more fitting for game like SSB, where such flashy attacks can be only Final Smashes.

yosharioIII

Smash Apprentice
I will redo animations after finishing mod. Its not going to be
Due to how hard it is to animate (most difficult one IMO) and just because it doesn't makes much sense and all it has is just being awesome, Up Throw will be replaced by simpler one, based off one of the attacks from Super Metroid (one where Ridley grabs Samus with his feet and then knocks her out of his grasp with his tail or just releases her, dealing damage). Its more fitting for game like SSB, where such flashy attacks can be only Final Smashes.
Yeah I thought that the Maximum Ridley up throw sounded abit crazy. I just figured it was just gonna end up being him carrying them into the air in his feet, dropping them, and then doing that stomp attack from Prime/Other M. Although I did see that stomp somewhere in the old moveset video. Was it a special at some point?

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Yeah I thought that the Maximum Ridley up throw sounded abit crazy. I just figured it was just gonna end up being him carrying them into the air in his feet, dropping them, and then doing that stomp attack from Prime/Other M. Although I did see that stomp somewhere in the old moveset video. Was it a special at some point?
It never was a special. Just a throw.

latinking

Smash Apprentice
Up Throw will be replaced by simpler one, based off one of the attacks from Super Metroid (one where Ridley grabs Samus with his feet and then knocks her out of his grasp with his tail or just releases her, dealing damage). Its more fitting for game like SSB, where such flashy attacks can be only Final Smashes.
I strongly suggest the Super Metroid grab in which he stabs/whips the opponent 3 times with his tail, or the one where he spins his tail in 3 full circles. They are both quite brutal. The 3rd hit should definitely send his target flying upwards (just as Ridley loosens his grip on his enemy). Also, as soon as Ridley grabs his opponent with his feet, he should fly upwards with the enemy carried beneath him at a high altitude, in order to prevent anyone from interfering. The max altitude should be approximately the same as Project M Charizard during Seismic Toss. As he hits his opponent, it could also hit nearby players (if within range).

Btw, which of the 4 throws will be the strongest? I personally believe one of Ridley's grabs should be useful as a kill move (similar in launch power to Ness's back throw). If you plan on adding Ridley's point-blank fireball at the end of his Front Throw, that should definitely be the strongest. If not, then the Up Throw seems like the next best thing.

It never was a special. Just a throw.
I think yosharioIII was talking about the attack where Ridley stomps the ground in your Showcase video at 4:19 to 4:40-ish. It was completely replaced by the skin reflect from Other M correct? If ever that stomp is brought back for whatever reason, it should be vastly different from any others. Most stomps send the opponent flying upwards (Dedede's, Bowser's). Ridley's stomp should send the enemy flying to the sides along the ground, similar to how Meta Ridley's stomp pushes Samus away. If the opponent is near Ridley, but not under him, it would still be dangerous because the shockwave caused by the landing would also have a decent push effect if Ridley physically misses his target. Not only would the move be useful if performed near the edge of a stage to send opponents sideways to their doom, but if done anywhere else, it will allow Ridley to gain distance from his enemies in order to hit them with the tip of his tail attacks for maximum damage. Just a few suggestions in case the stomp ever comes back.

Top Bottom