• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Unofficial] BBR Matchup Chart Manipulation - Weighted Matchup Charts

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
Here's some charts and stuff...you can download .ods files for everything here.

[collapse=BBR Chart for reference]
[/collapse][collapse=Weighted Rankings]
[/collapse]Weighted chart is either too big or too low-quality to post. Download here.

[collapse=Top/High Tier Chart]
[/collapse][collapse=Top/High Tier Rankings]
[/collapse]Up for download here.

[collapse=Mid Tier Chart]
[/collapse][collapse=Mid Tier Rankings]
[/collapse]Downloadable goodness here.

[collapse=Low Tier Chart]
[/collapse][collapse=Low Tier Rankings]
[/collapse]Pretty blue word: here.

Flayl

Smash Hero
If this isn't proof that Bowser is being underrated I don't know what is.

I remember when Vex would post in the forums saying G&W and Marth (and almost everybody - but not MK - he had enough experience to know that wasn't true) went even with Bowser, and I would disagree. Then a year after not playing Bowser his opinions do a 180 and I disagree with him, but now I'm on the opposite side of the scale.

Not to mention KingKong used to think Bowser went even with Pit and ZSS (I disagree). Actually by this time I wouldn't be surprised if he currently underrates Bowser as well, changes of opinions always seem to be extreme. Bowser went from overrated to underrated on the tier list as well.

I guess what really irks me the most is that I can't directly do anything about it. The vast majority of people here on smashboards are terrible at discussing matchups. The most I can do is make a comprehensive manual on how to play Bowser at the highest level and hope Americans pick him up.

edit: I already commended MK26 in the tier list thread, but just to set an example: Good work, I appreciate the effort.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
This lacks a sense of perspective. Make a numberline for this to illustrate the big gaps. :D

Browny

Smash Hater
^ With a grain of salt

Calling a series of opinions, weighed by an arbitrary measure as 'data' doesnt sit well with me lol. I mean, maybe if certain character boards were able to accept their character isnt anywhere near as good as they want to believe , you could get away with calling it data >_>

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
^ With a grain of salt

Calling a series of opinions, weighed by an arbitrary measure as 'data' doesnt sit well with me lol. I mean, maybe if certain character boards were able to accept their character isnt anywhere near as good as they want to believe , you could get away with calling it data >_>
So ... it's not considered data because people are butthurt about their character's positions?
looooooool.

Browny

Smash Hater
Understand the difference.

If you survey 100 people to find out if they think pepsi or coke is better, their opinions are data.
however that data does NOT show if pepsi or coke is actually better.

Implying that the first form of data can be used to prove the second point... just isnt accurate. Im not saying this thread is anything BUT a chart of opinions, it just doesnt sit well with me lol. Suggesting that this might be relevant to how good certain characters are relative to others, hence the grain of salt comment since this isnt indicative of any real fact.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I can understand that.
I just hope nobody comes in here on a tirade because they can't get over how low their character is placed.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
@browny: no, it isnt indicative of any real fact, but it is indicative of the bbr's perceptions of matchups in this game
and that counts for more than nothing, doesnt it?

@flayl: lol

on an unrelated note, can anyone suggest to me a faster way of converting excel spreadsheets into images than saving as pdfs and stitching the individual pages back together in GIMP?

Top Bottom