• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unlimited - A South Mississippi Brawl/Melee Tournament (DELAYED)

Sariku

Smash Master
Unlimited is a Super Smash Bros. Brawl/Super Smash Bros. Melee tournament being hosted in... The tournament will last over two days, the first primarily being Brawl and the second Melee. This thread will try to give you insight on what you need to know on the tournaments. Many things are not finalized, so this is currently more or less a "Hey, I will be able to come and bring my crew with me, which consists of five people, including myself" type of thing. I will update the thread title when more details emerge, so subscribe to it and continually check to see what changes. If you have any questions, the easiest way is to PM me.

Location -
  • ----
  • ----
  • ----
  • ----
Supporting Details -
  • Date - ----
  • With be held over two consecutive days. The first holding a Brawl Singles/Doubles, the second holding Melee Singles/Doubles.
  • Players may sleep in venue overnight.
  • Sleep equipment will not be provided. Bring your own.
  • In need of set ups (includes TV, Wii, GCN, and Brawl/Melee.)
  • It is your responsibility to keep track of your set up. If damaged or lost, we are not responsible for it.
    - - -
  • Required to bring your own controllers.
  • All controller mods are banned except the L/R one.
  • Wavebirds are not banned, but discouraged.
  • WiiMote, WiiMote + Nunchuck, and Classic Controller are allowed. You are responsible for anything that may happen during the match because of it. This includes the batteries dying, desycn of the controller, and other possible outcomes.
  • If controller runs out of batteries, you have two minutes to change the set or find a new controller to use.
Entry/Other Fees -
  • Venue Fee - Currently none. May change at any time.
  • Brawl Singles - $10
  • Brawl Doubles - $20 ($10 Each Player)
  • Melee Singles - $10
  • Melee Doubles - $20 ($10 Each Player)
  • Players sign up for each tournament at specified time. Money for certain tournament can only be given during that specific tournament's sign ups.
  • For doubles, each team must sign both players up at the same time. This is to avoid confusion. If partner doesn't show up, you have five minutes to find another.
Brawl Singles Details -
  • Time - Friday, Time Undecided
  • 3 Stock / No Time
  • Best of 3. (Best of 5 Finals)
  • No items.
  • Excessive stalling is banned.
    - - -
  • First Place - 60% Entry Fees
  • Second Place - 25% Entry Fees
  • Third Place - 10% Entry Fees
  • Fourth Place - 5% Entry Fees
    - - -

1. Both players choose their character.
  2. First match is played on a random stage.
  3. Loser of that match chooses next stage before they choose their characters.
  4. Winner chooses his/her character.
  5. Loser chooses his/her character.
  6. Repeat 3-5 until set is complete.
  7. Dave's Stupid Rule (Players can't choose the same stage twice in one set.)
  8. Both players may ban one counterpick stage before the first match starts.
    - - -

• Neutral Stages - Final Destination, Battle Field, Smashville, Yoshi's Island
  • Counterpick Stages - Delphino Plaza, Luigi's Mansion, Lylat Cruise, Castle Seige, Frigate Orpheon, Pirate Ship, Halberd, Pokemon Stadium, Pokemon Stadium 2, Green Hill Zone, Corneria, Brinstar, Norfair, Bridge of Eldin
Brawl Doubles Details -
  • Time - Friday, Time Undecided
  • 3 Stock / No Time
  • No items.
  • Excessive stalling is banned.
    - - -
  • Second Place - 30% Entry Fees
    - - -

1. Both teams choose their character.
  3. Losing team of that match chooses next stage before they choose their characters.
  4. Winning team chooses their characters
  5. Losing team chooses their characters.
  7. Dave's Stupid Rule applies. (Players can't choose the same stage twice in one set.)
  8. Both plays may ban one counterpick stage for the rest of the set before the first match starts.
    - - -

• Neutral Stages - Final Destination, Battle Field, Smashville, Yoshi's Island
  • Counterpick Stages - Delphino Plaza, Luigi's Mansion, Lylat Cruise, Castle Siege, Pirate Ship, Halberd, Pokemon Stadium, Pokemon Stadium 2, Green Hill Zone, Brinstar, Norfair, Bridge of Eldin
Melee Singles Details -
  • Time - Saturday, Undecided
  • 4 Stock / 8 minutes
  • No items.
  • Excessive stalling, freeze glitch, and Soul Stunner is banned.
  • Wobbling is allowed.
    - - -
  • Second Place - 25% Entry Fees
  • Fourth Place - 5% Entry Fees
    - - -

3. Losing team of that match chooses next stage before they choose their characters.
  7. Dave's Stupid Rule applies. (Players can't choose the same stage twice in one set.)
    - - -

• Neutral Stages - Final Destination, Battle Field, Yoshi's Story, Dreamland 64, Pokemon Stadium, Fountain of Dreams
  • Banned Stages - Hyrule Temple, Yoshi's Island 64, Fourside, Icicle Mountain, Flatzone, Venom, Brinstar Depths, Big Blue, Great Bay, Onett, Princess Peach's Castle, Great Bay, Yoshi's Island (Pipes), Mushroom Kingdom 1, Mushroom Kingdom 2
Melee Doubles Details -
  • Time - Saturday, Undecided
  • 4 Stock / 8 Minutes
  • No items.
  • Excessive stalling, freeze glitch, and Soul Stunner is banned.
  • Wobbling is allowed.
    - - -
  • Second Place - 30% Entry Fees
    - - -

- - -

• Neutral Stages - Final Destination, Battle Field, Yoshi's Story, Dreamland 64, Pokemon Stadium
  • Banned Stages - Hyrule Temple, Yoshi's Island 64, Fourside, Icicle Mountain, Flatzone, Venom, Brinstar Depths, Big Blue, Great Bay, Onett, Princess Peach's Castle, Great Bay, Yoshi's Island (Pipes), Mushroom Kingdom 1, Mushroom Kingdom 2

---------------

ANY DETAILS MAY CHANGE BEFORE TOURNAMENT IS HOSTED. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO CHECK THE THREAD TO SEE ANY CHANGED DETAILS.

IF A CHANGE IS MAJOR, I MAY OR MAY NOT MESSAGE PEOPLE ON THE LIST BELOW.

Sariku

Smash Master
We want everyone who will/has interest in joining the tournament to post if so in this thread as soon as possible. Along with that, I require you to mention if you can bring anyone with you, and how many you can bring. If they also post they want to come, specify their name. Also note if you can bring a set up for the tournament, and what that is (TV, Wii, GCN, ect.). I will make a list in this post of who has interest in coming. This will help us determine how many we will possibly have, and to show sponsors for their continuing support.

3GOD

Smash Ace
I think August 8-9 would work better since some people may still be doing summer school around August 1-2. I would definitely come and do my best to convince other people that I know to come as well.

I'll bring a Wii, TV, Brawl, and Melee.

Baky

Smash Journeyman
Transportation may be an issue for me, but if Im able to get it I may be able to bring 3-10 people. Anyone around Tupelo willing to aid in transport?

Sariku

Smash Master
Maybe if you can find people to caravan with you can come? Lol, but gas is so expensive now, I don't blame you.

Baky, could you bring a set up?

Baky

Smash Journeyman
Negative on the TVs

Wii and Game yes

but thats assuming I show up, so pretend im not included until I get this transportation figure solved.

Sariku

Smash Master
Oh yeah, that's right. Sorry about that, Chad.

Okay guys, whenever you post here, tell us what tournaments you want to enter! It is very important.

-------------------

One more thing! If someone can bring a way to record matches, that would be great. Would prefer to use legit things and not just video cameras, but we aren't picky.

BlackTulip

Smash Cadet
I'm glad I live in Biloxi.

I'm in need for a partner if anyone is interested for Brawl. I need to get better at Melee first lol.

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
You know Im bringing NOLA with me.

Thats about 7 people -_-

Early August!
Yeah NOLA smash...I might be able to get one of my roomies and another random person to come but NOLA will be out in force at your tournaments. As for the date I would prefer the earlier date because a good friend of mine has his 21 during the next week so we have to go out that weekend. I'd be looking to enter both singles however (I'm so bad at Melee now though) and possibly doubles if I had a partner.

BlackTulip

Smash Cadet
Yeah NOLA smash...I might be able to get one of my roomies and another random person to come but NOLA will be out in force at your tournaments. As for the date I would prefer the earlier date because a good friend of mine has his 21 during the next week so we have to go out that weekend. I'd be looking to enter both singles however (I'm so bad at Melee now though) and possibly doubles if I had a partner.
Jiovanni, I'll partner with you. Lol I also need to improve my Melee game XD.

D

Deleted member

BR will be there. minimum of 4.
probably 2 for both melee and brawl and 2 for only melee.

i may play in teams for brawl though. thats pretty fun.

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
I'm also interested in this, I'd enter everything if I can find a teams partner who will come with me. Chances are I'd have 1-2 people with me. Also, a TV (maybe 2, but unsure), Melee/ Brawl, a Gamecube, and a Wii.

The 8-9 may be better for some LA people, myself included, since Mechacon is Aug. 1-3.

Also, why is there no time limit on the Brawl matches?

ragnarock

Smash Lord
YO, yo its the man u love to hate and hate to love. RAg - melee and brawl Mr.p - MElee and brawl

Baky

Smash Journeyman
Negative on my own copy of Melee, (I purchased it broken a long time ago, and its been working half ***** since then).

I'm currently a brawl player. I picked up melee a few days ago and my brawl habbits overlapped what I was doing lol. (Airdodge suxxx)

Yeah, so I wont be playing melee, im not of an acceptable skill level.

Sariku

Smash Master
After my shower I'll take note of all this.

The date will probably be 8-9, now, since this is the first time I've heard of Mechacon or whatever.

Sariku

Smash Master
Alright guys. The date is decided to be AUGUST 8-9. I'm sorry to all those who won't be able to make that time, but I don't want to have it on a date when half of the attendance, which I believe will come from Louisiana, will be in another tournament.

3GOD

Smash Ace
what the hell is mechacon.
Yeah, I have no clue either.

We need more people to commit to this! Seems now that we have a decent crowd already, but some people may have transportation issues. I'm trying to figure out how many people are actually planning to come.

For instance, are FakeGeorge (and his 1-2 people with him) and TaylorHJ (and his 4) some of the same people? What about Ever_Power and his 7? Are they part of the same group as FakeGeorge and possibly TaylorHJ?

AL needs to step up and get some people here from the Birmingham/Huntsville area. If we get more people committed to coming, then it increases the chances of even more people coming which means a better tournament.

What about the FL panhandle smashers?

Sariku

Smash Master
I've tried to reach many of them, but they either can't come or have no interest in doing so. At least the ones in the thread.

D

Deleted member

mechacon is actually an anime convention in LA. pretty much the only one we have unless numa comes back. most the smashers happen to be anime nerds as well, and have already preregistered for the con, and reserved our rooms. thx alot to sakiru! i'll definitely be in attendance now.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
Yeah, I have no clue either.

We need more people to commit to this! Seems now that we have a decent crowd already, but some people may have transportation issues. I'm trying to figure out how many people are actually planning to come.

For instance, are FakeGeorge (and his 1-2 people with him) and TaylorHJ (and his 4) some of the same people? What about Ever_Power and his 7? Are they part of the same group as FakeGeorge and possibly TaylorHJ?

AL needs to step up and get some people here from the Birmingham/Huntsville area. If we get more people committed to coming, then it increases the chances of even more people coming which means a better tournament.

What about the FL panhandle smashers?
Im part of the Fl panhandle(the team i meen) Ill bring them with me too.

Sariku

Smash Master
Alright guys! I have good news! My good friend DiscoShark has made us a signature to help advertise the tournament. Show your spirit and add this to your signature!

For those who want to to use this as their signature, just copy and paste the following code into your User CP option for signatures!

HTML:
[url="http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=175560"][IMG]http://img106.imageshack.us/img106/8814/msbrawlv12aug89gy8.png[/IMG][/url]
Thanks to DiscoShark for all your help, and I hope everyone else will post this in there signature to get the hype train rolling! Just to inform, people only have to click on the image to come here, it is linked to the thread. Anyways, thanks!

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
Jiovanni, I'll partner with you. Lol I also need to improve my Melee game XD.
Sounds kinda fun, randomness is always good.

FakeGeorge and TaylorHJ are from Baton Rouge and will bring people from that city, eight at the most I assume. Ever_Power was talking about the New Orleans crew who are separate from BR smash. I assume NOLA smash to be about 10 people total including the randoms I may bring. So as far as southern Louisiana is concerned look for roughly 18 people to come through, seriously, IT'S MORE THAN A GAME TO US!!!

3GOD

Smash Ace
tempting...
Yes, come and bring other people from TX.

Alright guys. The date is decided to be AUGUST 8-9. I'm sorry to all those who won't be able to make that time, but I don't want to have it on a date when half of the attendance, which I believe will come from Louisiana, will be in another tournament.
You probably should update the first post to reflect the final date information (there are still mentions of August 1-2 there)...also, you have Melee doubles listed on Friday, but I assume you mean Saturday for those since you've got both Brawl tournaments on Friday. You might try also to update the list of people coming since that attracts more people sometimes. If they see a lot of players involved, they may be more likely to come as well.

Sariku

Smash Master
Yes, come and bring other people from TX.

You probably should update the first post to reflect the final date information (there are still mentions of August 1-2 there)...also, you have Melee doubles listed on Friday, but I assume you mean Saturday for those since you've got both Brawl tournaments on Friday. You might try also to update the list of people coming since that attracts more people sometimes. If they see a lot of players involved, they may be more likely to come as well.
Alright, I'll go do that now. Thanks for pointing out my typos and such, I'll fix them immediately. Also, I will be gone from tomorrow to next Saturday. I will have no computer access or anything, so if some of you could make a list for me, I'll copy/paste it on the thing when I get back. Thanks!

Also, thanks, 3GOD, for using the Signature. Other versions may be coming soon!

Sariku

Smash Master
Alright, I'm now leaving for about a week. If you have any questions, leave it in a PM. I asked 3GOD to take charge of keeping track of everyone, but that is his decision.

Top Bottom