• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

University of Texas - Austin

What events do you want to see at our meetings?

• Brawl Singles/Doubles

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Melee Low Tiers

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Brawl+ Singles/Doubles

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Smash 64 Singles/Doubles

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brawl Minus Singles

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Random Character/Random Stage tourney (any game)

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Noc

Smash Journeyman
If anybody else needs housing fri/sat night I can accomodate. The ONLY thing I ask in return is that you let me beat you in tournament. hahaha jk

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
3 awesome moments in friendlies with Clay and Jose:

3. I throw the boomerang at Jose and then a bomb, the boomerang hits the bomb on the way back and I somehow catch the bomb while standing perfectly still.

2. I use the grapple beam on the huge rockface on Pokemon Stadium, it swings me down perfectly so that I can edgehog Jose.

1. I'm Luigi and Clay is Mario, Clay fsmashes me and thinks he's won so he taunts. I do some epic DI, do side B and happen to get a misfire, land on the stage and reach Clay just in time to shoryuken him.

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
cuz with Clay and Jose being better than me, anything awesome they do I put off as being standard, haha
:p
but that misfire to shoryuken really was wtf epic, only wish it was recorded

MT_

Smash Ace
Jamal DoH didn't give you a ride to IT2? =( apparently only him and Darkrain came in his car...

Tirno

Smash Journeyman
The room reservation for this Saturday has been made. I'll see about sending an email out from the club email account.

Tirno

Smash Journeyman
Well, we should probably do the email. Clay used to put up flyers, though I don't know how effective that was. But since you suggested it:

Do it now, Matt!

MT_

Smash Ace
OK, let's send the e-mail ASAP. I'll do it if you want me to. I just need the following information:

E-mail's password
Room number
Time that we have the room for
Which setups we'll have (are we going to have Brawl?)
Etc.

Noc

Smash Journeyman
Y'all should update the thread title and OP with news of the meeting this Saturday. Remember to collect people's email addresses at the meeting! If somebody has photoshop you can edit the template I sent to club gmail and make some flyers easily. The other method of advertising is on student events calendar: https://www.utexas.edu/know/events/submit.

Remember that the club bank account with SALD will no longer exist by November 1st. You should take a look at this site--http://deanofstudents.utexas.edu/sald/bank--to find out exactly what this means regarding collecting and spending money from members.

If I weren't celebrating my bday this weekend, I would most likely come to this meeting. Anyhow, hope it goes well!

Edit—on an unrelated note: have you seen this vid, Edgar? I could swear they stole some clips recorded from our falcon dittos! lol

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
So what's the plan then *****es?
Who's gonna bring what and how?
I've got a gamecube and a melee disc. I'm reluctant to move my car cuz of the football game...

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
So what the hell is going on tomorrow?
What time are we starting and who's gonna bring what?

Kal told me he's maybe coming if his bro wants to come.

blackfox51

Smash Cadet
Hi.
I've been busy with work and school, which means I haven't practiced that much. I miss playing living people.
I might take a trip to Austin... in January. So, don't get hyped.
Bye.

Tirno

Smash Journeyman
So we got WEL 1.308 from noon to midnight. I say we start moving TVs in around 4. Who's bringing a setup?

MT_

Smash Ace
I might leave early, so I might not bring a setup UNLESS someone (EDGAR) takes responsibility for my TV and holds it at his place for a while.

Also, since so many people are just bringing cube/melee then I'm just gonna bring my TV (if what I said before happens).

Shiameyo

Smash Rookie
Sorry guys, looks like I can't come today; I got a number of tests coming up that I need to study for. Depending on my progress I might show up later, but I doubt it.

MT_

Smash Ace
I'm on the phone with Edgar.

Unless anyone objects, there doesn't seem to be enough people that know about the meeting to justify moving all the **** to Welch. SO, instead of having a meeting we're just going to have a regular smash fest at Edgar's. So go to his place instead.

He lives at 23rd and San Gabriel at Lennox. Call him for more info.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i might be free next sunday (a week from now).

would anyone be down to play some melee?

i'm not 100% on this, but it'd be nice to play at least a couple people.

Top Bottom