• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

University of Texas - Austin

What events do you want to see at our meetings?

• Brawl Singles/Doubles

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Melee Low Tiers

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Brawl+ Singles/Doubles

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Smash 64 Singles/Doubles

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brawl Minus Singles

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Random Character/Random Stage tourney (any game)

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
friday isn't good cuz people have class and prolly just wanna do their own thing, Sunday isn't good cuz people usually do their hw that day, so saturday is the only option really.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
I don't have class on fridays. We could always get together after class on friday as well. That's how we did it at Jester.

porcelainicon

Smash Rookie
Are there any meetings this week? I'm totally new so this will be my first time coming into one. Sorry if I'm rude or anything for asking. Just seemed like this wasn't like a scheduled weekly club meeting and more like a "whenever we get the chance meet-up" thing. Thanks. Hope to make friends here.

JOS.fm

Smash Journeyman
there will be a meeting most likely planned for saturday of next week.

and preston, of course you can come. mi casa es su casa, otherwise I wouldn't have advertised my smashfest on a public forum.

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
lol, I challenged her to a set so I'll find out, she may just be all talk, even admitted she prefers Halo. Forkgirl is better than me, and then there's Darkrain's gf, so its not inconceivable.

I mean, she told me she was a nerd when I met her, I just had no idea to what capacity, haha.
Another shocking bit of info, she said when she and her sorority sisters are bored in their house they hook up xboxs to projectors like we have at smash club and have Halo tournaments....

[1:43:25 AM] Ashley Tucker: oh and i stood in line to get halo (all of the versions) on their opening nights
[1:43:33 AM] Rohan Ravishankar: haha
[1:43:37 AM] Ashley Tucker: ok brawl can get boring
[1:43:41 AM] Rohan Ravishankar: its too slow
[1:43:44 AM] Ashley Tucker: lets be honest on that one
[1:43:51 AM] Rohan Ravishankar: so i dwnlded codes off the internet
[1:43:55 AM] Rohan Ravishankar: and modified it
[1:44:00 AM] Rohan Ravishankar: made it more like melee
[1:44:05 AM] Ashley Tucker: plus on the wii it can get soo dull, the original is always the best
[1:44:12 AM] Rohan Ravishankar: ya the original is good
[1:44:16 AM] Ashley Tucker: also melee = amazingness

Noc

Smash Journeyman
Hope everyone on campus is staying safe. To all that don't already know, there was a shooting on campus in/around PCL this morning and the campus is currently on lockdown.

http://www.kxan.com/dpp/news/breaking_news/reports-of-armed-man-inside-ut-library-?hpt=T2

Don't go to class! Life is more valuable than class. Just sayin'.
Wow, incredible story. Yeah, this is as good an excuse as any to skip class. Not to make light of a serious incident, but I realize after reading that article that the annoying cliché you see in 99% of horror movies where young women trip and sprain their ankle when trying to escape a threat may not be unrealistic and just there to add drama--it actually happens in real life!

tee hee, I'll see if I can bring her to smash club and yall can watch.
Record it and upload it to YT so I can watch it! :)

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
apparently a couple guys were able to spot dodge his blaster, I guess they hadn't perfected their powershielding.
UT also had a landmaster, talk about OP.

MT_

Smash Ace
If we haven't set a day for the meeting yet, then how about we start planning it for 10/16? This should give us adequate time to distribute fliers, put in the room request, and plan transportation of TVs/setups and whatnot. Let's make the decision by this Saturday so we can expedite the process. We seem to just be throwing ideas out there, seeing if people are in on it, but not really following through. Time to shape up! Let's get the club running this year.

JOS.fm

Smash Journeyman
people who might come who will be driving could help out other players so I could have a good attendance at this here smashfest. I know matt would really appreciate it (though I would appreciate it more).

also, rawr (kyle?), dean, dave, and carl, I'm calling you guys' out.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Yes, I drive. And I hope there will be good attendance. I would like to see MT and Edgar come if possible. I might be willing to help out with transportation if necessary, but I already have to drive 20-30 minutes from up north.

Kal

Smash Champion
I don't know if I'll be going to this, but I'll try and make it.

MT_

Smash Ace
Yeah I live like 1 minute walking distance from Edgar's so SOMEONE TRANSPORT ME thanks =)

What time does this start by the way? And Edgar, I want my memory card back!!

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Kal, if you want, I can give you a ride. Matt, if you're that close to Edgar's then just walk to his place and make him take you :p

MT_

Smash Ace
Edgar hasn't even said if he's going yet. Edgar, are you going? Oh, and i want my memory card back.

rraawwrr

Smash Rookie
Who the hell is kyle? Anyway; I can drive, but I kinda need an address to drive to. A good time period would be super cool as well.

Kal

Smash Champion
I have family visiting and don't think they'll be gone in time for me to head there. But thanks for the offer Matt. If it turns out I can make it, I'll let you know.

JOS.fm

Smash Journeyman
family's important.

anyhow, tournaments start at 5-6, whenever.
but people can come over starting at 3.

matt, make arrangements for someone to give you a ride (from the ones who kinda offered).

here's details.

1500 crossing place, the village at riverside apartments.

hey guys I will be hosting a smashfest at my place saturday october 2. tourneys start at 6. come whenever you want, after three preferably.

things I'm planning to run if there's at least 4 people show up:
a two dollar round robin tournament.
a one dollar random stage/character bracket or round robin tourney (if 7 people attend). there will be a handful of selected items on, but on the smallest non-zero frequency.

I want to have at least two setups from you guys. I have an extra laggy tv, that people could play on if they don't care.
if the idea of a round robin turns you off, I can run it on one TV through the day/night.

free entree for the regular tournament to the bringers of the two setups I want!

please notify me in this thread if you wanna come!

protip- the ut shuttle does not run on saturdays unfortunately; bus 20, however, drops you off two minutes away foot-distance.
edit - matt is gay.

JOS.fm

Smash Journeyman
it's 534. it's a small complex with one main entrance shaped like a T. going down crossing place, you take a left into the T shaped driveway and take the left entrance. I live as far down that entrance as you can get, all the way to the fence that separates longhorn landing and the village at riverside.
but don't worry! just call me once you get to wickersham and riverside and I'll be outside!

also the code to the gate is 05458

people bring extension cords!

Top Bottom